AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-17, 08:36   Link #2761
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Palaestra was original for people that already have become Bronze Saints.
Ok my mistake I did forget about this.

Quote:
Cruel? Lost Canvas sent footsoldier in nothing but training gear against Hades himself, now that's cruel. Steel Saints at least are given some sort of protection and everything that have shown in Omega shows that joining the Steel Saints is strictly voluntary.
I don't consider LC to be complete canon, and IIRC in Kuramada universe the foot soldiers don't get commanded to fight enemies with cosmo, they just happened to run into them (unfortunately for them), we actually see very little of the foot soldiers getting killed in the original series (only some in the Sanctuary during the Hades arc). Here in Omega they are pushing the Steel Saints to actually fight at front line with much stronger enemies (I think it's safe to consider even the lowest Pallasites are at least Silver level), but with clothes which doesn't appear to be even as capable as the original 3 steel clothes, so the Steel Saint in Omega is nothing but fodder which just emphasis the cruelty of pushing them into battle, and the feeling they give off is that they may as well be the old foot soldier in training gear.
__________________
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 19:53   Link #2762
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Ok my mistake I did forget about this.
Well, to be fair, at the start of season 2 I think Geiki said that Palaestra is now training Bronze Saints, Steel Saints, and Saint candidates together.


Quote:
I don't consider LC to be complete canon, and IIRC in Kuramada universe the foot soldiers don't get commanded to fight enemies with cosmo, they just happened to run into them (unfortunately for them), we actually see very little of the foot soldiers getting killed in the original series (only some in the Sanctuary during the Hades arc). Here in Omega they are pushing the Steel Saints to actually fight at front line with much stronger enemies (I think it's safe to consider even the lowest Pallasites are at least Silver level), but with clothes which doesn't appear to be even as capable as the original 3 steel clothes, so the Steel Saint in Omega is nothing but fodder which just emphasis the cruelty of pushing them into battle, and the feeling they give off is that they may as well be the old foot soldier in training gear.
The show has the Steel Saints about equal to the Pallasite grunts, the casualties from their battles have been about the same. It's when they meet a ranked Pallasite that they get slaughter, but the same thing can be say for the grunts when they meet an actual Saint...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 23:00   Link #2763
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
It seems its Shaka Virgo birthday.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 02:36   Link #2764
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Well, SS Omega has become the Saints running around to fight whoever shows up. It's pretty terrible. Nothing is happening.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34701&dateline=122081  2182
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 16:58   Link #2765
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Spoiler for 72:
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 22:00   Link #2766
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
One of the best episodes of the season!

Equleus(both) was badass and that Supernova, man, I bet that attack was over the top enough to rival a gold saint if it wasn't by the fact the user dies if he is not strong enough to syand that much power.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 22:26   Link #2767
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Equleus(both) was badass and that Supernova, man, I bet that attack was over the top enough to rival a gold saint if it wasn't by the fact the user dies if he is not strong enough to syand that much power.
It was awesome when he basically buried that supernova on Hati's face.

The third ost is out and it has some pretty amazing tracks. I was looking forward to that new Pegasus Fantasy remix (track 28).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 22:36   Link #2768
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Somehow what you said reminded me when Saga used his GE on Seiya's head at point blank during the Abel movie, it was like "man, that really hurts".
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:53   Link #2769
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
erm.. hatii and dat twin fucker are dead right?
yay, no more 3rd crap palasite anymore! lets go to 2nd class!
im fvking annoyed with hatii always appear in every fvking episode just to be fvking devastated by our fvking bronzies
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 18:56   Link #2770
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
No you forgot the last 3rd pallasite ..
The last one is in this next week. XD
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 08:55   Link #2771
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Yeah the guy who attacked Ryuho and then Shun bites it next wepisode

===

The Legendary Steel Saints' official design...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:36   Link #2772
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
For god's sake, can Toei stop throwing the word 'legendary' on almost every mysterious past Saints (let alone the Trio Steel Saints)? If these Steel Saints are 'legendary Saints' then I am Santa Claus's Mother for crying out loud! Now the word 'legendary' has no meaning anymore due to this farce.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:35   Link #2773
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
For god's sake, can Toei stop throwing the word 'legendary' on almost every mysterious past Saints (let alone the Trio Steel Saints)? If these Steel Saints are 'legendary Saints' then I am Santa Claus's Mother for crying out loud! Now the word 'legendary' has no meaning anymore due to this farce.
Hey, they called Jabu a legendary Saint at some point and he barely did $hit, the Steel Saints actually helped out in the original anime.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 11:02   Link #2774
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
They'll be legendary to me if they properly handle their cosmo.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 11:12   Link #2775
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Hey, they called Jabu a legendary Saint at some point and he barely did $hit, the Steel Saints actually helped out in the original anime.
Actually, my complain is also directed at Saints like Jabu , but hey, if you wanna go into details, at least Jabu and the other bronzes help defend Seika from Thanatos's deadly attacks several times. I don't have to mention how strong the attacks are, do I? (Thanatos being a god and all). I assume if those Trio Steel Saints were there with the Bronzes and Silvers, they wouldn’t last after receiving just one attack from Thanatos .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 19:02   Link #2776
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I finally figured out what's going on. I've watched up to 71, and 70 & 71 were different. The action suddenly got better in 70. And the whole episode was good.
Then, 71 took in a step further. Suddenly, the saints were kicking ass. That shot of Koga lifting the grunt on his fist was awesome. Celeris pounding Hati was awesome, and Eden pulverizing Dog-Face was awesome. And now I know why:
With the exception of Eden, who is the Ikki of Omega, everyone else has their cloths broken. And that why they're kicking ass. In the original series, the more your cloth was broken, the more ass you kicked. Remember Dragon VS Capricorn? The rule then was: if your cloth's still intact, the battle's far from over. Guess they brought it back.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 20:07   Link #2777
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, my complain is also directed at Saints like Jabu , but hey, if you wanna go into details, at least Jabu and the other bronzes help defend Seika from Thanatos's deadly attacks several times.
Jabu and the others also protected Saori in the Sanctuary.
But i think the "legendary" applies to everyone who got to fight alongside Seiya and co. That's how the scans are referring to those three at least ("the legendary steel saints who fought by Seiya's side in the past..".

Btw, Dr. Asamori (the scientist who developed the Steel clothes by Kido's request) will make an appearance next week, i'm guessing it's a flashback.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:07   Link #2778
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Scans from TeleMag...



Ikki returns to fight Mira and (according to a 2ch post found by Archange) Paradox has a younger twin who becomes the new Gemini Saint.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:52   Link #2779
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Paradox has a younger twin who becomes the new Gemini Saint.
Is that it? What i read is that Paradox returns to face her twin sister Integra, but i assumed Integra is the one siding with the Pallasites and Paradox is still Gemini.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:58   Link #2780
SABER60069
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
It says Integra in that scan so yeah I would assume that's Integra
SABER60069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.