AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-10, 11:55   Link #3061
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

79 was very good. I feared they would have Shun do everything but their victory over Surt was very much a team effort. And glad they didn't forget Shun has nebula stream/storm.

Looking forward to the next episode. Hyoga shouldn't have too much trouble against Tokisada unless the latter got powered up.
Old 2013-11-10, 19:48   Link #3062
Miraluka
Banned

Trivia:
Compare Pallas' castle with the cattedrale di santa maria di fiore.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-11-10 at 20:01.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 14:37   Link #3063
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I liked how Shun calmly measured the Cosmo relflection ability, saying he was used to have his attacks bouncing back from when he fought Gods. That's how you portray a character with plenty of fighting experience, unlike the incompetent Shun from ND.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 19:53   Link #3064
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I liked how Shun calmly measured the Cosmo relflection ability, saying he was used to have his attacks bouncing back from when he fought Gods. That's how you portray a character with plenty of fighting experience, unlike the incompetent Shun from ND.
That's because Omega!Shun went to graduate school
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:47   Link #3065
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Well to be fair ND takes place right after the Hades arc, so I'd be very worried that if after some 18+ years as in the case of Omega if Shun can't show some sort of maturity more fitting to his age and rank.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:32   Link #3066
Goty

Haruto's voice actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki suffered from a serious infection, but it seems he's fine already and won't leave work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Well to be fair ND takes place right after the Hades arc
Yeah, but that doesn't excuse Shun falling for the same things he fell in previous arcs..
Old 2013-11-12, 12:59   Link #3067
Miraluka
Banned

Even Shiryu was a crybaby who still didn't get over Dohko's death. Even Touma the One Winged Angel felt disgusted at how he rejected Hyoga's pleas to help Seiya...
Quote:
Touma: He thought a guy like you was his friend!!
Hear me well, you coward.
Everyone in the Sanctuary is doing their best to save Seiya. Despite I'm an enemy, I have respect for friendship. But you are the only one who cares for your own well being!! You should be ashamed of yourself!

A coward like you makes me want to throw up!!! DIE!

I have no time for such a boring man, it will only dirt my hands.
All this while punching Shiryu.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-11-12 at 13:18.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 14:29   Link #3068
Ozuma

@Miraluka

It's because of shit liek that that I prefer Omega Bronze saints. I mean Yuna's mentor Pavlin bit the dust don't see her in a pissy or whiny mood. Hell she helped pull Kouga together in Gold saints arc.

Someone I talk to on another forum says that Kouga ain't worth Pegasus cloth cuz he didn't go to the Sanctuary to train like Seiya and earn it.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 14:32   Link #3069
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Even Shiryu was a crybaby who still didn't get over Dohko's death. Even Touma the One Winged Angel felt disgusted at how he rejected Hyoga's pleas to help Seiya...

All this while punching Shiryu.
Yeah, regarding Shiryu, i have issues with the way both him and Hyoga started losing their personalities after Poseidon - seriously, in Inferno and Elysios, they act almost like interchangeable identities. Then in ND Kurumada didn't seem eager to bring them back, and when he does, Shiryu acts out of character like that. Shiryu, who was always the wisest, the more bound by honor Bronze saint. Classic Shiryu wouldn't think twice to realize what Dohko would want him to do.

Kuru should take a lesson or two from the way the Legendary Saints are portrayed in Omega. I need to see more of Ikki (he is seriously tricky to handle without becoming obnoxious), but the other four are very satisfying so far.
Old 2013-11-12, 14:56   Link #3070
Ozuma

@Goty

Word up. Shiryu is a wise mofo in Omega.

Ikki is a badass lovable douche
Old 2013-11-12, 17:47   Link #3071
Tetsu Aero

Shiryu always wanted to settle down and plow the soil of rozan, he's said it several times. He was not out of character.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:50   Link #3072
Ozuma

@Tetsu Aero

And Seiya wanted to find his sister. That doesn't mean he would neglect the wishes of Athena.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:52   Link #3073
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Shiryu always wanted to settle down and plow the soil of rozan, he's said it several times. He was not out of character.
I found that chapter really weird because they treat Shiryu as a coward even though he was apparently blind, had to protect Shunrei and already lost a lot of blood in previous battles. Heck, even the guy who was trying to kill a comatose Seiya, Toma, treats him like a coward. It's like if the writer had double standards. It felt really wrong. But yeah, this is offtopic.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 08:12   Link #3074
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Yeah, but that doesn't excuse Shun falling for the same things he fell in previous arcs..
But this happens every single arc in the Kurumada manga that you get used to it because it's just... Kurumada's style. For example I mean after the Sanctuary Arc you would think that the 5 bronze saint don't get all surprised about light speed attacks anymore, but it still happens in Poseidon, Hades and ND over and over again....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:09   Link #3075
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Tetsu Aero

And Seiya wanted to find his sister. That doesn't mean he would neglect the wishes of Athena.
This. He wouldn't just give up on everything and "plow the soil of Rozan" while there's an ongoing battle out there and friends in need. That's crazy. I'd expect him to settle down once things are peaceful for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
But this happens every single arc in the Kurumada manga that you get used to it because it's just... Kurumada's style. For example I mean after the Sanctuary Arc you would think that the 5 bronze saint don't get all surprised about light speed attacks anymore, but it still happens in Poseidon, Hades and ND over and over again....
That's fair enough, but since there was a long time between the end of Hades (where they reached pretty much God-status) until Kurumada started ND, maybe it was natural to expect growth this time.
Old 2013-11-13, 12:05   Link #3076
Justin_Brett

Seiya did say he wasn't interested in going along with Athena at first, since her dad basically abducted his sister to blackmail him.

And then that legitimate grievance got kind of forgotten.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 14:39   Link #3077
Ozuma

@Justin Brett

Technically, Mitsumasa Kido is also Seiya's dad.
Old 2013-11-13, 14:44   Link #3078
Goty

In the manga all kids training to become Saints were his biological sons, which i always found ridiculous. That's a plot point that was fortunately dropped in the anime version.
Old 2013-11-13, 14:46   Link #3079
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Justin Brett

Technically, Mitsumasa Kido is also Seiya's dad.
Also that, the original manga actually justifies Mitsumada sacrificing his 100 kids cos destiny. Well, the moral lessons have never been the series' strongest points.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 14:56   Link #3080
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Also that, the original manga actually justifies Mitsumada sacrificing his 100 kids cos destiny. Well, the moral lessons have never been the series' strongest points.
I don't know what's worse: the fact Mitsumasa was already father of God-knows-how-many when he became Athena's guardian..or how he presumably went around screwing women just to produce him potential Saints afterwards, since many kids were younger than Saori, including Seiya.

Tags
action, shounen