AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-25, 06:09   Link #1
The Small One

[Anime] Episode 50: Death

Well, this was a nice Episode IMHO... and we finally get to see Envy's real face.

Interesting, that Bradley seems to keep something in his safe, which could threaten his life...

And the explanation about the gate also makes sense... it also explains, why the philosopher's stone has to be made out of lifes.

But it's really bad luck for Ed...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-25, 06:45   Link #2
Gatts
天才

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Some pictures from 50...

Spoiler for gluttony:
Old 2004-09-25, 06:49   Link #3
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Well, this was a nice Episode IMHO... and we finally get to see Envy's real face.

Interesting, that Bradley seems to keep something in his safe, which could threaten his life...

And the explanation about the gate also makes sense... it also explains, why the philosopher's stone has to be made out of lifes.

But it's really bad luck for Ed...
Spoiler:
the raw is out?
Old 2004-09-25, 11:16   Link #4
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Send a message via ICQ to hubrisnxs Send a message via AIM to hubrisnxs
Okay, so...

Spoiler for the major kind i guess/random comments:

Damn my brain is so fried after this. They copped out of a preview for 51 too...argh
Old 2004-09-25, 12:36   Link #5
eabandit

im betting ed is gone for good and al somehow is PISSED THE HELL OFF, blows up every fucking homunculus, uses the pstone to fuck shit up, then transmutes his soul into ed's body and lives on like that
Old 2004-09-25, 12:40   Link #6
eabandit

My theory on what happened with Ed going through the door:

When Ed appeared on the other side of the door, he was reliving a memory. The Zeppelin crash killed Ed, and from Ed's dead body, Hohenheim created Envy, the first homunculus. 400 years later Hohenheim has Edward Elric with Trisha, who is the Ed we know and love today.
Old 2004-09-25, 12:43   Link #7
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabandit
My theory on what happened with Ed going through the door:

When Ed appeared on the other side of the door, he was reliving a memory. The Zeppelin crash killed Ed, and from Ed's dead body, Hohenheim created Envy, the first homunculus. 400 years later Hohenheim has Edward Elric with Trisha, who is the Ed we know and love today.
This can't be: if Envy was Ed's failed human trasmutation then Ed himself would paralyze Envy...
Old 2004-09-25, 12:49   Link #8
eabandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
This can't be: if Envy was Ed's failed human trasmutation then Ed himself would paralyze Envy...
No, the Ed-like guy that died in London to the Zeppelin was originally Dante and Hohenheim's son. The Envy we know was transmuted by Hohenheim successfuly (because Hohenheim didn't want his son to die...) and became Envy. Edward Elric (born to Trisha and Hohenheim) is separate from Envy completely. They were not born from each other.
Old 2004-09-25, 12:51   Link #9
Reticia

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-25, 13:00   Link #10
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
No, the Ed-like guy that died in London to the Zeppelin was originally Dante and Hohenheim's son. The Envy we know was transmuted by Hohenheim successfuly (because Hohenheim didn't want his son to die...) and became Envy. Edward Elric (born to Trisha and Hohenheim) is separate from Envy completely. They were not born from each other.
Did you understand that Envy is Hohenheim and Dante's son during the dialogue or are you assuming that on your own?
Old 2004-09-25, 13:11   Link #11
eabandit

Quote:
Did you understand that Envy is Hohenheim and Dante's son during the dialogue or are you assuming that on your own?
No, I'm making an assumption.. let me clarify some things about what I >THINK< is going on (I'm pretty sure this hasn't been covered in this episode, it's what I think they will say in the next episode):

- The Envy-homunculus in the series that we know is a normal homunculus. We KNOW he was the first Homunculus created. We are pretty sure that Hohenheim created him.

- I think that the Ed-like guy in London - the short haired, tall guy - was actually Dante and Hohenheim's human son. He was a normal guy. As for his name, no one really knows.

- The Zeppelins killed the Ed-like guy. Because of this, Hohenheim was incredibly sad. So he did what Ed and Al tried to do, and attempted human transmutation. Through this, he created Envy, the normal homunculus we know with the shape-changing power. Envy's original form was the one he showed to Ed and made Ed freeze.

- Edward Elric (brother to Al) was born to Trisha and Hohenheim. He's a normal guy, separate from Envy.

When he went "through the gate," he was reliving a memory, possibly given to him because he was the son of Hohenheim.

This is all just speculation
Old 2004-09-25, 13:45   Link #12
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
this is all weird to me...cuz 400 years ago envy was made....but in actual time its between 1915-1920...and ww1 happened between 1914 and 1918..or w/e...wut the hell is goin on?...oh can sum1 post a link where it shows envy's actual form
Old 2004-09-25, 13:46   Link #13
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
- The Envy-homunculus in the series that we know is a normal homunculus. We KNOW he was the first Homunculus created. We are pretty sure that Hohenheim created him.
Yes he was created by Hohenheim but... in my opinion he could be Hohenheim's body failed trasmutation. Do you remember when he made the Philosophers' Stone the first time? While he was dying Dante used the PS to attach his soul to another body. Perhaps Hohenheim wanted to create his former body again and then re-attach his soul to it, but he failed and Envy was born.
I think this because when Envy change to his original face Ed told something like "Father". The translation will clean this point I guess.

Quote:
- The Zeppelins killed the Ed-like guy. Because of this, Hohenheim was incredibly sad. So he did what Ed and Al tried to do, and attempted human transmutation. Through this, he created Envy, the normal homunculus we know with the shape-changing power. Envy's original form was the one he showed to Ed and made Ed freeze.
I got the impression that alchemy doesn't exist in the world behind the gate (homunculus come from there after all and they can't use alchemy).

Quote:
- Edward Elric (brother to Al) was born to Trisha and Hohenheim. He's a normal guy, separate from Envy.
If Envy was a normal human in the world behind the gate then why he appeared in fma world? All homunculus we know were failed trasmutations of humans who lived in fma world, not in the world behind the gate.
Old 2004-09-25, 13:47   Link #14
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
why is hughes in ep50??
Old 2004-09-25, 13:50   Link #15
inner-ruki
Ineresable Sin

Quote:

- I think that the Ed-like guy in London - the short haired, tall guy - was actually Dante and Hohenheim's human son. He was a normal guy. As for his name, no one really knows.

When he went "through the gate," he was reliving a memory, possibly given to him because he was the son of Hohenheim.

This is all just speculation
'

i think the same, but i dont think is hohenheim x dante's son xD
i think that the relationship between them was just sex sex and more sex xDDD and she was just another woman for her but trisha was the one who felt in love awwwwwh! xD
Old 2004-09-25, 13:52   Link #16
ccardoso
Banned

Another thing: why is Ed so idiot to fight normally against Envy?
Why didn't Ed trasmute that homunculus in something to kill him, like he did with Greed and Sloth? Homunculus are just like normal obejcts which can be trasmuted in the way the alchemist wants... Ed knows that but don't do that immediately with Envy.
Ah another thing: why was Ed so idiot to go to Dante's place all alone facing the big boss and the strongest among the homunculus?
Old 2004-09-25, 14:00   Link #17
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
why is hughes in ep50??
it's not Hugues, it's Envy
Old 2004-09-25, 14:08   Link #18
eabandit

Quote:
I got the impression that alchemy doesn't exist in the world behind the gate (homunculus come from there after all and they can't use alchemy).
if alchemy doesnt exist in the london world, why does hohenheim know all about it? and his flesh is deteriorating there too. it seems to me as if alchemy wasnt as widely known in that world. maybe dante and hohenheim were the "founders" of it.. or something.
Old 2004-09-25, 14:11   Link #19
inner-ruki
Ineresable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticia
it's not Hugues, it's Envy
hey wait a moment! he also transformed to Trisha owo?!!!
that means ... that he is transforming in the persons he killed?
Old 2004-09-25, 14:14   Link #20
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Another thing: why is Ed so idiot to fight normally against Envy?
Why didn't Ed trasmute that homunculus in something to kill him, like he did with Greed and Sloth? Homunculus are just like normal obejcts which can be trasmuted in the way the alchemist wants... Ed knows that but don't do that immediately with Envy.
Ah another thing: why was Ed so idiot to go to Dante's place all alone facing the big boss and the strongest among the homunculus?
Well, Ed did't know Envy's weakness, so he could hardly fight him like Greed or Sloth. As for Ed going to Dante's place alone, well who else would go with him? Everyone else is preoccupied with their own battles. Plus I think Ed wanted to deal with them alone, not dragging anyone else into the dangerous situation, though he could have done with Izumi arriving in the nick of time.

Unfortunately...

Spoiler:

Envy is one twisted evil creation, I can see why Greed called him a monster. Super Hungry Gluttony was scary.
Closed Thread