AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 40.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-13, 03:13   Link #61
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Hitagi has a trauma because of the past incident...
And she clearly states that if Araragi do that thing to her, she will hate him...
Actually, she said that she was afraid that she might end up hating him.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 03:35   Link #62
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Just realized how unfortunate Koyomi is:
  • He can not do Shinobu because she got lolified
  • He can not do Tsubasa because a sexually anorexic played the damsel in distress to get him first, and Tsubasa is too good to become a second choice
  • He can not do with Hitagi because she afraid of equating him with the cultist that failed to rape her a couple of years ago
  • He can not do Mayoi because she is a loli ghost
  • He can not do Nadeko because of the what called syndrome that haunts childhood friends
  • He can not do Suruga, because she is loyal to his asuxual girlfriend
  • He can not do his sisters, because he sees them as family (the what called syndrome again)
So unless Hitagi gets over her sexual dysfunction (in other words doesn't cockblock him again), Koyomi will become another 30YO virgin
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 04:43   Link #63
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Just realized how unfortunate Koyomi is:
  • He can not do Shinobu because she got lolified
  • He can not do Tsubasa because a sexually anorexic played the damsel in distress to get him first, and Tsubasa is too good to become a second choice
  • He can not do with Hitagi because she afraid of equating him with the cultist that failed to rape her a couple of years ago
  • He can not do Mayoi because she is a loli ghost
  • He can not do Nadeko because of the what called syndrome that haunts childhood friends
  • He can not do Suruga, because she is loyal to his asuxual girlfriend
  • He can not do his sisters, because he sees them as family (the what called syndrome again)
So unless Hitagi gets over her sexual dysfunction (in other words doesn't cockblock him again), Koyomi will become another 30YO virgin
In fact, he cant do other girls because lots of pencil will fall down "accidentally" from sky onto him and other girls...


So yeah, unless Hitagi is cured from her trauma, he will be another 30YO virgin...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:21   Link #64
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I thought it was pretty obvious that if you read between the lines of Gahara's lines, she's practically screaming that her "request" after showdown with Kaiki would be to 'do' her.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:31   Link #65
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
^ for anyone except Hitagi, I would have unconditionally agreed
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:36   Link #66
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ You need a rewatch of bake, or better subs for both.

She met Kaiki after the crab incident. She was almost raped by a high-ranking priest of the cult her mother was in, not by Kaiki. She met crab (god wordplay) which removed her weight (feelings wordplay). Kaiki was one of the five conmen she met to get her "weight" returned to her.
yeah, my bad I was under the impression that Hitagi was almost raped by Kaiki

that's why she hated him so much

I guess I just got things mixed up
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 09:09   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I thought it was pretty obvious that if you read between the lines of Gahara's lines, she's practically screaming that her "request" after showdown with Kaiki would be to 'do' her.
Yeah, I can see how one can think that but... that isn't romantic. I think Hitagi is just being a giant tease, as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
yeah, my bad I was under the impression that Hitagi was almost raped by Kaiki

that's why she hated him so much

I guess I just got things mixed up
I was mixed up too. I forgot the part about trying to get help regarding the crab.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 09:15   Link #68
broken270
Defying gravity
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Dialogue is strong here, that much is certain. However, there is a concern for the other sister's arc. Assuming Karen ends next week, does anyone know if Tsuhiki's arc would be done well given the remaining episodes it has left?
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 16:33   Link #69
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Yes maybe I will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Though i am intrigued to why Hitagi says, "You will be sleepless this night..."
Finally eh??
Yes.. It was about time for them as a couple to have sex...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 17:58   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Just realized how unfortunate Koyomi is:
  • He can not do Shinobu because she got lolified
  • He can not do Tsubasa because a sexually anorexic played the damsel in distress to get him first, and Tsubasa is too good to become a second choice
  • He can not do with Hitagi because she afraid of equating him with the cultist that failed to rape her a couple of years ago
  • He can not do Mayoi because she is a loli ghost
  • He can not do Nadeko because of the what called syndrome that haunts childhood friends
  • He can not do Suruga, because she is loyal to his asuxual girlfriend
  • He can not do his sisters, because he sees them as family (the what called syndrome again)
So unless Hitagi gets over her sexual dysfunction (in other words doesn't cockblock him again), Koyomi will become another 30YO virgin
I think you mean the Westermarck Effect, and that's only the reason for his sisters. Nothing to do with Nadeko.

And Hitagi didn't play the damsel in distress to get him. If you go by that, he rescued Tsubasa first. Hitagi seduced him. By insulting him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 02:32   Link #71
Evil_Sephiroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lavagna (GE)
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think you mean the Westermarck Effect, and that's only the reason for his sisters. Nothing to do with Nadeko.

And Hitagi didn't play the damsel in distress to get him. If you go by that, he rescued Tsubasa first. Hitagi seduced him. By insulting him.
Or Koyomi seduces Hitagi by acting normal (want to help everyone) XD
__________________
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
Evil_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 15:40   Link #72
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
I loved Hitagi and Shinobu in this episode. Give us more of these two characters, Shaft!
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:00   Link #73
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Damn, Im sorry for those who like her but I can' stand Hanekawa. Even when she's not in an episode, she's ruining the show (for me). How dares she bullying Senjouhara ? It's rare for me to not like a character but Hanekawa is one of them.
Honestly, Senjoughara would totally deserve to be bullied because she always bullies others. Especially Araragi.

I'm already used to characters weirdness in this show but back when I watched Bakemonogatari I really couldn't understand all the love Senjoughara was receiving because for the most of the time she is an ass.

For me Hanekawa totally rose in my book for being able to have such power on Semjoughara who could easily pierce her with pencils and staplers.
Hanekawa has no strength and yet she rules.

However, I'm 100% sure that no bullying is involved. Hanekawa is not a blood thirsty person like Senjoughara.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 20:45   Link #74
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Hmmm, I don't get why Araragi is the master here. Isn't the one who was bit the 'servant' and the one who bites the 'master'? If it's something that will be explained later, please don't tell me =0(.
__________________
Even young love hurts MAL account

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 23:24   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
...However, I'm 100% sure that no bullying is involved. Hanekawa is not a blood thirsty person like Senjoughara.
The way I feel it is that Senjougahara has a violent and dangerous-seeming surface concealing an insecure interior, longing for love; whereas Hanekawa has a controlled exterior concealing a controlling and dangerous interior. However, Senjougahara's talk about bullying sounded like some kind of joke to me. Time will tell.

In any case, I'm sold on Senjougahara. Fascinating and attractive character, for me. I adored her way of reacting to Araragi's bald declaration of love. She declared her love in return, but in a typically roundabout way.

As for frubam's question about the master/servant thing with Shinobu, it is pretty interesting. Perhaps it refers to the (true) idea that our servants are in some sense our masters (as in InuxBoku). And perhaps it is saying that in the NisiOisiN world, the bond between a vampire and her bitee binds in both directions.
__________________
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 00:56   Link #76
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Leave the master servant thing between Araragi and Shinobu till Kizumonogatari... it'll be more fun that way... I promise.

Hitagi needs Koyomi more than Hanaekawa.

Hanekawa wasn't desperate and could afford to take her time and wait on Koyomi to confess... or not at all... Hitagi could not. She found someone great in her life and grabbed her chance.

Hanekawas strength is her also her weakness... because she doesn't feel pressure until its TOO MUCH and then she evolves to a demon cat.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 03:32   Link #77
Shikijin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
whereas Hanekawa has a controlled exterior concealing a controlling and dangerous interior.
You make her sound like a yandere It's just that she is good personified and she won't allow any evil

What I like of her is exactly that she can make people listen to her without threat of violence.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 05:14   Link #78
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Honestly, Senjoughara would totally deserve to be bullied because she always bullies others. Especially Araragi.

I'm already used to characters weirdness in this show but back when I watched Bakemonogatari I really couldn't understand all the love Senjoughara was receiving because for the most of the time she is an ass.

For me Hanekawa totally rose in my book for being able to have such power on Semjoughara who could easily pierce her with pencils and staplers.
Hanekawa has no strength and yet she rules.

However, I'm 100% sure that no bullying is involved. Hanekawa is not a blood thirsty person like Senjoughara.

Maybe that's the point. In real life, despite being a major catch, Senjougahara's broken personality would turn off most guys, except Araragi; she recognised that and pounced quickly. I'd totally put up with the thorns though. Anyway, she enjoys being abusive/it's a defensive mechanism and the guy knows it, so no harm there.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 08:55   Link #79
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post

Hitagi needs Koyomi more than Hanaekawa.

Hanekawa wasn't desperate and could afford to take her time and wait on Koyomi to confess... or not at all... Hitagi could not. She found someone great in her life and grabbed her chance.

Hanekawas strength is her also her weakness... because she doesn't feel pressure until its TOO MUCH and then she evolves to a demon cat.
That's debatable. Senjougahara has a father she could rely on, Hanekawa doesn't. Truth is the difference between the two of them is that Hitagi is aware or her weakness while Hanekawa isn't.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:09   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Maybe that's the point. In real life, despite being a major catch, Senjougahara's broken personality would turn off most guys, except Araragi; she recognised that and pounced quickly. I'd totally put up with the thorns though. Anyway, she enjoys being abusive/it's a defensive mechanism and the guy knows it, so no harm there.
"Put up"? I think the thorns are what make her interesting. I find them... stimulating.

(The stabbing habit I'm less sold on, though. But then, I'm not part vampire.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.