AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-08, 23:51   Link #41
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
You see another reason why I said that Ed would die was because it would make a good ending... my opinions are that good endings are the ones that leave the most memorable impression... in my case if Ed did die heroically in the end... I'd feel really sad to the point of crying, angry because there was no other way but happy as well because he died for a good cause... Any ending to an anime that can make you feel this much emotion would be great.... and I think if Ed does die, the impact would be really great because for us FMA watchers, we take it for granted that Ed is and always will be alive and well..
Asakura_Y0h is offline  
Old 2004-04-09, 02:09   Link #42
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I think Ed will die as well.

And probably Roy as well.....
jonli is offline  
Old 2004-04-09, 03:05   Link #43
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 94
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
The new ending isn't to foreshadow Windy's death... but...


Spoiler:
JubeiYamazaki is offline  
Old 2004-04-09, 03:16   Link #44
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
The new ending isn't to foreshadow Windy's death... but...


Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Scrumhalf is offline  
Old 2004-04-09, 07:38   Link #45
kamij0
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
kamij0 is offline  
Old 2004-04-12, 18:25   Link #46
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Schweden, ja!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Dansa med oss klappa era händer,gör som vi gör, ta några steg åt vänster nu är ni här med Karamelldansen
Fei-san is offline  
Old 2004-04-12, 19:14   Link #47
Mizuki
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Send a message via ICQ to Mizuki Send a message via AIM to Mizuki
i would say al dies protecting his brother.
roy will probably die and hawkeye will take over him .
Mizuki is offline  
Old 2004-04-12, 20:04   Link #48
loki9x
大魔王
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Age: 31
There's no reason for there to be a giant climactic battle versus all seven sins plus their creator in the last few episodes...sins can be temporarily debilitated (eg Lust with a knife in her head) and indefinitely contained and controlled (eg Greed, presumably through alchemist sealing wards), and presumably they can be killed as well.

So the question is, which will be the first sin to go? Sloth hasn't had any face time yet, so the question might be, will they develop her or quickly kill her off (and by quickly I mean in the next seven to ten episodes)? Lust is the worst fighter, but Gluttony would be so helpless without her that either he'll die or she'll die and he'll really go off the deep end. Wrath and Greed seem too important to kill, for plot reasons, and Envy really has one of the most enviable and useful abilities that so far has been sorely underutilized. I don't think she'll go until she's done something awful, like killed Windy, taken over her body, infiltrated the Club Elric, messed with Ed for a few episodes, seduced him, and then revealed herself and driven him into despair and insanity.

So my predictions: Envy assumes the personality of someone important, and Gluttony dies, although the first is doubly awful because we'll lose someone else we like in the process, and the second sucks because he is the funniest and cutest characters, in his own special way. Or else Envy will be the one who dies, which might actually make more sense, because she will have fulfilled her plot purpose at that point.

Oh, and can we get an authoritative answer: what gender is Envy?
loki9x is offline  
Old 2004-04-12, 21:02   Link #49
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki9x
Oh, and can we get an authoritative answer: what gender is Envy?
It.

Or "I'm not sure... lemme check... uh I dunno"

Seriously even he doesn't know since he forgotten his original form. The reason his gender is classified as male at the moment is that he prefers the teenage boy form that we see him in.

Interesting possibility. Envy's the earliest protoype of homunculi. Because if he is not, the other Sins would have known what was his original form and would have reminded him of it. But none have done so.
Yebyosh is offline  
Old 2004-04-12, 21:20   Link #50
Zauren
Master of Pimpage
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, OR
My question is, if this is not Envy's original form, why did he choose it? And is he older then Greed in such a case, or is Greed just too pimpish to say?
Zauren is offline  
Old 2004-04-12, 21:47   Link #51
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NYC
It may also be possible that Greed was locked away before Envy was 'created', hence he would not know Envy's original form; hence, we cannot deduce that Envy was the first Sin created. And still, we do not know much about Sloth, Wrath, Greed, or Pride...
Fighter Volk is offline  
Old 2004-04-13, 15:24   Link #52
Kurama no Miko2003
Twirly! Twirly~!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Wherever my favorite guy in the whole wide world is
Send a message via AIM to Kurama no Miko2003
I dunno if killing off Winry is the best option they have right now . . . if anything, it's probably going to be Mustang and Co. The Sins are more interested in killing off anyone who tries to figure out the truth OTHER than Ed 'n Al. After all, if the results will end up disastrous, the Sins won't want ANYONE warning Ed 'n Al of that. Look at what happened to the last one who figured it out. (Side note: I forgot how to make spoiler tags, so the identity of that particular character will remain hidden. Anyone who's seen far enough will know who I'm talking about.) Now, while Winry dying is a viable option, I think she hasn't completely served her purpose to the plot of the story just yet. Therefore, she's probably safe from getting killed off . . . for the time being. That doesn't mean she can't die later on. She's just . . . temporarily safe.

~ Kurama no Miko2003
Kurama no Miko2003 is offline  
Old 2004-04-13, 15:57   Link #53
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Saotome Research Institute
Well anybody but not Hawkeye and Winry PLS! Ahem... Anyways, since the military is somehow corrupted, and Mustang vowed he's gonna find out the so-called truth behind Hughes death and what he was searching for before his death; it quickly put's Mustang and his team into danger practically. I guess the Elric bro's we'll be busy fending off those Ex-state alchemist troops we see in the new OP.... I wonder what's gonna happen to Scar now? Found a new path in his life? Dunno if he's gonna end up dying or not....
Nagare Ryouma is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 13:07   Link #54
Yoshi31
Resident Dinosaur
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Good ol' California
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Yoshi31 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshi31
if Winry was to die....

Spoiler:
Yoshi31 is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 13:36   Link #55
jakkz
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi31
if Winry was to die....

Spoiler:

i would do same thing too
jakkz is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 13:45   Link #56
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Why are u all using tags when it's all speculation!?...

but I'll play along...

Spoiler:
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 19:42   Link #57
WabukiSensei
Chillin out
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Speaking of the Fuhrer, is he really a King or something? I mean his name is King Bradley. He must've earned the title of King if he was of Royal Blood.

Spoiler for Anime viewers who don't wanna be spoiled shouldn't open this:
WabukiSensei is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 20:29   Link #58
inv4zn
Dog of the Military
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sydney
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to inv4zn
i want everyone to die!
inv4zn is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 21:11   Link #59
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
Speaking of the Fuhrer, is he really a King or something? I mean his name is King Bradley. He must've earned the title of King if he was of Royal Blood.
"King" is just a name and not a title.

Sorta like how now we have people named "River", "Aqua", "Leaf", "Princess" etc...
Yebyosh is offline  
Old 2004-04-14, 22:01   Link #60
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bradenton, FL
Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Why are u all using tags when it's all speculation!?...

but I'll play along...

Spoiler:
Ya, im wondering about that as well.. we kno he isnt a dumbass for sure
__________________
Abuhhh.................................
Avi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.