AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-16, 21:46   Link #101
Shadow X
Stargazing
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
now i think a haram end with at least inori and ayase would be a good end
Same here!
__________________
Shadow X is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 21:48   Link #102
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
hope i think it all would have been avoided if he listend to argo
No it wouldn't be avoided.
GHQ, Segai and Haruka aka the stupid mother, were already planing this. Same goes for the eybrow king. Shu would get kicked in the balls one way or another. Argo was an ass himself Shu spared his life and thats what he gives back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
now i think a haram end with at least inori and ayase would be a good end
Not until we get more info on Ayase status, atm she is as traitorous as Tsugumi. Especially considering the preview of ep 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
just out of curiosity, does the electronic-looking arm from the OP have anything to do with what happened in this episode? Shu's arm got chopped off, so maybe this is his new one?

Spoiler for scene:
Was already mentioned before.
Based on op Shu sits holding his right hand then he and Inori get crystalized then he touch her and gets a new hand. Probably in next 1-2 eps he will get it back. I'm more interested about the whole plot and people who betrayed him. Because everyone did betray him, everyone but Inori.


After watching op/ed theres really alot of info, like Ayase riding her mecha, and shu disintegrating mechas like if they were from soap bubbles.
Not to mention alot of characters interaction and plot twists/info.

What I hope is that those that betrayed him will either die or fight to survive on their own.
I myself would stick that robot in Tsugumi ass and then lit her on fire or electrify her for what she's done.
Ayase is enigma but she's guilty to no matter how you look at it.
Arisa will get whats coming for her thats sure, she will be burned emotionally before her death, probably Gai will abandon her and let her die to make her suffer emotionally before death.
Argo also should get crystallized.
As for GHQ and Co I don't give a heck. Just wish that Mana would pierce Haruka (Shu's mother) for all she's done, even though she will try to justify her that they did it to advance Shu power and other blablalblalba that her husband planned.

Ohh and wonder about the Eybrows king, maybe they will use a plot twist like in Deadmans Wonderland and he will be shu's father reincarnation looking at everything from background while trying to free Mana from her prison.


Really this ep made me post so much, which is damn rare, I'm amazed myself.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 21:53   Link #103
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
No it wouldn't be avoided.
GHQ, Segai and Haruka aka the stupid mother, were already planing this. Same goes for the eybrow king. Shu would get kicked in the balls one way or another. Argo was an ass himself Shu spared his life and thats what he gives back.



Not until we get more info on Ayase status, atm she is as traitorous as Tsugumi.



Was already mentioned before.
Based on op Shu sits holding his right hand then he and Inori get crystalized then he touch her and gets a new hand. Probably in next 1-2 eps he will get it back. I'm more interested about the whole plot and people who betrayed him. Because everyone did betray him, everyone but Inori.


After watching op/ed theres really alot of info, like Ayase riding her mecha, and shu disintegrating mechas like if they were from soap bubbles.
Not to mention alot of characters interaction and plot twists/info.

What I hope is that those that betrayed him will either die or fight to survive on their own, I myself would stick that robot in Tsugumi ass and then lit her on fire or electrify her for what she's done.
Ayase is enigma but she's guilty to no matter how you look at it.
Arisa will get whats coming for her thats sure, she will be burned emotionally before her death, probably Gai will abandon her and let her die to make her suffer emotionally before death.
Argo also should get crystallized.
As for GHQ and Co I don't give a heck. Just wish that Mana would pierce Haruka (Shu's mother) for all she's done, even though she will try to justify her that they did it to advance Shu power and other blablalblalba that her husband planned.

Ohh and wonder about the Eybrows king, maybe they will use a plot twist like in Deadmans Wonderland and he will be shu's father reincarnation looking at everything from background while trying to free Mana from her prison.


Really this ep made me post so much, which is damn rare, I'm amazed myself.
think about this shu listens to argo and not yahiro and tells the students about what happens when a void is destroyed dont u think that some of the students would have had renewed truest in shu
__________________
black knight iust is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 21:54   Link #104
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Don't normally post but this ep had me really piss off , yeah shu is not greatest guy in the world but he still try his best to save everyone and he was never really a full tyrant.
After all of that everyone ***** him over , i really think the writers should just have shu kill everyone .
After that he can go and live with inori some where and call it a day .
andy is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 21:56   Link #105
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
think about this shu listens to argo and not yahiro and tells the students about what happens when a void is destroyed dont u think that some of the students would have had renewed truest in shu
No they wouldn't as Shu said this ep They Are Cannon Fodder.
Stupid meat shields nothing more nothing less.
They would bark and bite him anyway, as shown this ep. You saw the trio who helped him in the last jump to Tokyo Tower, pointing guns at him, then the rest of people did the same.
It was in Shu fate that they will betray him, no matter if he would be Good King or Tyrant, they would betray him.
People are afraid of those with power and they will try to take them down, like it or not. As the saying goes a Nail that Sticks out needs to be Hammered.

So to sum it up they would betray him after getting out one way or another. Or they would die before the plan would even start, because of GHQ involvement.


Ohhh and btw You people saw that Gai shoot Inori with his Void Pulling Void? Thats why her sword was sticking out from her chest.
Wonder who pulled out his void for him, eybrow king or plot hole.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 21:59   Link #106
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Don't normally post but this ep had me really piss off , yeah shu is not greatest guy in the world but he still try his best to save everyone and he was never really a full tyrant.
After all of that everyone ***** him over , i really think the writers should just have shu kill everyone .
After that he can go and live with inori some where and call it a day .
+ ayase and maby tsugumi

@Xaturas holy crap didnt realize it was u i was talking to
but some students admired him
and woulnt argo help him if he sided with argo after that girl died
__________________
black knight iust is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:02   Link #107
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
+ ayase and maby tsugumi
Naaah Tsugumi should have her robot sticked up her ass, and then electrified and thrown to some sea.

And Ayase Should have her wheelchair wheels skewered to her brain on both of her ears, unless she was so stupid that she didn't know about anything.

Love to Hate :>.

Hmmm edit ^^.

Yeah some students did admire him, but that won't change. To be frank Segai was manipulating everything from behind the scenes, one way or another they would fail. If not betrayal then they would die because of incompetency. Not to mention that Tsugumi was selling intel behind his back to argo and god knows who else.
And no Argo is a retard, you saw how he treeted Shu as some worthless kid. He would treat Shu like shit and wouldn't work with him.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:03   Link #108
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Right. How do you use a person's methods to obtain freedom and then rebuke him? It's as if they admit that Shu was the only hope they had of surviving, and then decide to throw a tantrum at him anyway.

The only fault I can find with him is that he didn't follow through. History shows that if you're going to be a tyrant, you can't just half ass it. You need to purge or subjugate anyone who is a potential liability (Arisa). After he heard that Inori was the one who attacked her, he'd have been wise to get rid of her. In the end, as always in Guilty Crown, Shu has only been talking the talk.

Although it's of little meaning. This show's writing is predictable enough that I foresee her being tossed aside by her hero for being of little use to anyone at this stage.
you just hit the nail on the coffin after thinking it over I think this is what pissed me off the most.

They all stand in judgement over him at the end and yell monster and about how detestable he is. But they still used his methods to escape only betraying him in the end after he did all the work. Despite what wrongs he might have done he kept all of them from dying or even worse descending into madness and killing each other over food and medicine.

Not everyone is cut out to be a leader but im cutting Shu some slack this whole situation was forced on him. Everyone is born with talents and being a leader is not one of Shu's. I will be interested to see how the one that betrayed end up i have a feeling a lot of them are going to die and as for Arisa given that Gai is not the same one from the past either she will be discarded or she will be kept around only for her Void use and probably as entertainment for Dark Gai. Honestly im not seeing her making it to the end of the series and even if she does she will probably be so broken what she does or says wont matter.

My bet is on her becoming Gai's pet and not returning to her grandfather. If the students thought Shu's reign was bad just wait i think things are about to get a lot worse for them
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:05   Link #109
Vash1306
Pancakes
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
From the OP, can't tell who it is. Is it Arisa or Shu's Mom?

Vash1306 is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:07   Link #110
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
From the OP, can't tell who it is. Is it Arisa or Shu's Mom?

I had same thought. But its Shu mom, Arisa is in one of my previous posts.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:07   Link #111
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Naaah Tsugumi should have her robot sticked up her ass, and then electrified and thrown to some sea.

And Ayase Should have her wheelchair wheels skewered to her brain on both of her ears, unless she was so stupid that she didn't know about anything.

Love to Hate :>.

Hmmm edit ^^.

Yeah some students did admire him, but that won't change. To be frank Segai was manipulating everything from behind the scenes, one way or another they would fail. If not betrayal then they would die because of incompetency. Not to mention that Tsugumi was selling intel behind his back to argo and god knows who else.
but ayase was tied up and wanted to help shu
but u could try having tsugumis computer fry her brain

at first i liked tsugumi cause she was cute and funny now its getting less every ep after the mahou shojo stick void
ayase i liked rightayay now im starting to fall for if not i already did a few ep ago when her void was used
__________________
black knight iust is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:09   Link #112
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
+ ayase and maby tsugumi

@Xaturas holy crap didnt realize it was u i was talking to
but some students admired him
I really bitter after this ep i would maybe give you ayase since she wanted to help but got stop and there was nothing she could do at that point in time.
Tsugumi should just die along with everyone else , i really hate when people **** over people who help them .
What makes it worst is he could just left with his small group and call it a day .
andy is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:10   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
From the OP, can't tell who it is. Is it Arisa or Shu's Mom?

That looks Haruka to me the color of her hair only looks blonde in certain parts because of the lighting other than that you can tell this is brunette in the picture.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:11   Link #114
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I gave this episode 7/10. That's pretty much just because of the absolutely awesome production values (this anime looks glorious) and the superb sense of dramatic timing.

With much better and more careful setup, this episode's plot might have been something I could buy and been truly epic, but as is...


It's ironic given I've been a vocal defender of Guilty Crown for a long time, but this episode just absolutely annihilated my suspension of disbelief.

Yeah, Shu's been acting like a cruel and petty Dictator, but he actually did serve the key role in saving all of the students. To turn on him at that point makes them look like ungrateful scumbags, to be brutally honest about it. And the thing is that most of them weren't coming off like that before.

So I have no clue in this world what this anime's writing staff is now going for thematically. I have my doubts that even they know.

It's disappointing, because for the past several episodes I could at least see a method to the madness. But this episode... this episode was simply pure madness. All the great production values in the world can't hide that for me.


I haven't seen an anime mess of this proportion since No. 6's ending. noitaminA sure loves to go completely wild with their sci-fi shows.

The UN voting to "terminate" Japan just puts it over the top for me too. I guess most of the world's nations in Guilty Crown are run by genocidal madmen now.


I'm going to keep watching this because at its best, Guilty Crown is very, very good, and maybe next week the writing staff will lay off those drugs coming from "Sugar" Yahiro.

If nothing else, somebody should totally Abridge this series, lol.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:12   Link #115
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
but ayase was tied up and wanted to help shu
but u could try having tsugumis computer fry her brain
Tied up or not. Most of the time Ayase is with Tsugumi. You saw many times tsugumi selling inteli behind Shu back. Ayase was to dumb to make out that 1+1=2 ...

And in ep 18 preview she is in Humvee with Tsugumi and Argoo driving somewhere while looking at Gai making a speech on some screen, or talking to him.
Tells you all about Ayase allegiance doesn't it.
Only Inori was left with Shu who lies on her lap, here you have all the trust from people. Really he should just kill them all to get their void genome to power up his God Hand.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:16   Link #116
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Tied up or not. Most of the time Ayase is with Tsugumi. You saw many times tsugumi selling inteli behind Shu back. Ayase was to dumb to make out that 1+1=2 ...

And in ep 18 preview she is in Humvee with Tsugumi and Argoo driving somewhere while looking at Gai making a speech on some screen, or talking to him.
Tells you all about Ayase allegiance doesn't it.
Only Inori was left with Shu who lies on her lap, here you have all the trust from people. Really he should just kill them all to get their void genome to power up his God Hand.
whats she gonna do that weel chair only moves so fast and maby she wants awnsers
__________________
black knight iust is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:19   Link #117
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
whats she gonna do that weel chair only moves so fast and maby she wants awnsers
Mate I give up.
Its like if you would defend a Rapist saying that "He just wanted to fuck, it wasn't his fault that he raped that girls".
She leaves with people who betrayed shu like it or not, what answers will she get?

Ayase: Tsugumi ummm so why did you betray shu?
Tsugumi: Ummm just for lulz you know I'm da crazy cute type.
Ayase: Uhmmm ok you know I need to go back see if Shu already bleed to death or if he's still alive and kicking.
Tsugumi: Ok See yaaaa *Chu* *wink* *wink*
Argo: Ayase need a lift?
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:25   Link #118
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Mate I give up.
Its like if you would defend a Rapist saying that "He just wanted to fuck, it wasn't his fault that he raped that girls".
She leaves with people who betrayed shu like it or not, what answers will she get?

Ayase: Tsugumi ummm so why did you betray shu?
Tsugumi: Ummm just for lulz you know I'm da crazy cute type.
Ayase: Uhmmm ok you know I need to go back see if Shu already bleed to death or if he's still alive and kicking.
Tsugumi: Ok See yaaaa *Chu* *wink* *wink*
Argo: Ayase need a lift?
that would be mesed up if that happend but theres a difference between an idiot who rotects a rapest and an idiot who protects an terrorist girl who every time her mecha gets hit i get a nose blead and for some reason it looks like a pleaserable experiance

and its probly not as bad as people who defend that yan fallen angel b**ch from dxd
__________________
black knight iust is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:33   Link #119
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Now that Shu has been disarmed, I wonder how he'll power up and defeat the bad Gai...
Silvance is offline  
Old 2012-02-16, 22:37   Link #120
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Now that Shu has been disarmed, I wonder how he'll power up and defeat the bad Gai...
Watch the opening closely. Then Profit.
For how it will work out in future eps, watch ED closely. Then Profit.

As for Yuma from DxD, can't blame the people, thought I myself would crucify her.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.