AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-26, 10:21   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Yup, don't expect Best Buy retail stores to carry any new recent anime shows, especially on blu-ray anymore. Well, with the exception of some stores that still carry updated anime releases on their shelves. There is one Best Buy store, out of the two thats located here, that still updates their anime library. I was surprised to even see that they had the recent Blu-ray releases as well. But your best bet would be amazon. I started to buy from amazon almost a year ago after places like Sam Goody and Borders were closing down. I like their prices for their animes, especially for the blu-rays. Plus free shipping with purchases of $25 and up! hahaha steals!
It largely depends on the SPECIFIC PERSON in charge of the video section and what they order. That's assuming they still have any control over what comes in from central distribution. Its been my contention that both bookstores and video stores suffered more because local control over what was ordered was taken away and centralized.

To use another example - its why our Big Box clothing stores get piles of sandals that don't move during the rainy season in the Pacific Northwest. The decisions are made by idiots living in Chicago or Los Angeles. Anime may be quite popular in Region X but Best Buy's decision makers are in Minnesota and make decisions based on NATIONAL averaged trends rather than store-by-store data.

I usually recommend rightstuf.com over amazon.com simply because rightstuf specializes in anime and they're smaller. Amazon needs competition. I've gotten good service from both.
Old 2012-06-26, 17:01   Link #22
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It largely depends on the SPECIFIC PERSON in charge of the video section and what they order. That's assuming they still have any control over what comes in from central distribution. Its been my contention that both bookstores and video stores suffered more because local control over what was ordered was taken away and centralized.

To use another example - its why our Big Box clothing stores get piles of sandals that don't move during the rainy season in the Pacific Northwest. The decisions are made by idiots living in Chicago or Los Angeles. Anime may be quite popular in Region X but Best Buy's decision makers are in Minnesota and make decisions based on NATIONAL averaged trends rather than store-by-store data.

I usually recommend rightstuf.com over amazon.com simply because rightstuf specializes in anime and they're smaller. Amazon needs competition. I've gotten good service from both.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering why one Best Buy store has so much anime selection and the other, didn't. hahaha i guess the person in charge of that entertainment section is a fan of anime. I haven't tried rightstuf yet, but yes, i've seen their specialty in their anime selection. Its more broad than what amazon may offer, especially towards special editions of anime releases.