AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-06, 17:44   Link #1
nanamichan

best way to burn anime movies/videos

hi im just wondering what kind of software or program do you guys usually use to burn your anime movies.

i used to burn by movies/videos in CD-R in data which can only take about 3-4 videos at a time. is there another way to burn them without wasting alot of cd-r?

any website where i can find out on how to do this. that would be great.

any suggestions and help are welcome. thanks.
nanamichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 19:13   Link #2
LazyFace
(>.<)

I don't know what software is good to suggest, because my computer came with the software. Good luck searching for that..

Maybe you could switch out your CD-r burner for a DVD-RW burner. You could store like, 4GB of data. Plus, since its an RW, you could reuse the space when you decide to get rid of some data you don't intend to keep. I've been using a DVD-RW burner for some time now, there's nothing to complain about as far as my needs go.
Old 2004-04-07, 14:38   Link #3
KiNG

I think the software that most of us use is Nero Burning ROM.
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 14:52   Link #4
lavalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG
I think the software that most of us use is Nero Burning ROM.
I frankly doubt it.

There are many users of Nero Burning ROM, sure, but also widely used (because it's commonly bundled) are Roxio Easy CD Creator and NTI CD-Maker. Some people like Alcohol 120% for some reason. Some, due to sheer laziness, use the Windows XP cd-burning functionality. Then there are the hordes using cdrecord+mkisofs or cdrdao.

Make no assumptions. I doubt even a quarter of the people here use Nero, simply because of the choices out there.
lavalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 14:55   Link #5
KiNG

Nero Burning ROM comes bundled too, just like Roxio Easy CD Creator.

I think we'll just have to wait for more replies, that's all.
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:29   Link #6
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

I've used Nero and I used to burn my early anime onto CD-Rs until I got a new computer and now started burning them onto DVD-Rs. Way more convenient (although sometimes it only fits 25 our of 26 episodes per disc )

I'm trying to get more into Alcohol 120%, since I've heard some good things about it.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 11:28   Link #7
scotty81
DSL addict

Send a message via AIM to scotty81 Send a message via MSN to scotty81
I use nero most of the time, but you can use clone cd or any other burning software. I don't think there is much difference between the most popular burning softs. well with xp you don't even need a burning soft, xp has it's own one, but I don't use it much.
Old 2004-04-08, 16:59   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Another Nero user here. Nero 6 Ultra is probably one of the most complete and comprehensive burning application suites out there. I think that it is well worth the purchase price, even if something else came with your burner. (Roxio's Easy Media Creator is another safe bet, but I still like Nero better.)

And keep your eyes open for a good deal on a reputable DVD+/-R burner. You can fit over six times the data on one DVD disc compared to a CD-R, so it really helps to keep things organized.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 16:17   Link #9
cabbit
Fish Tin Turtle Lead Soup

Send a message via AIM to cabbit
I use mainly Nero for the past few years and burn the files directly to CD or DVD depending on if it's long series and watch them on my Liteon LVD-2002, which can read and decode divx and xvid files.

There's a new model out that has network connection that can browse the network and watch your video files. This would be an excellent player if you have a NAS server or somethign to the like.
cabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 13:42   Link #10
OtakuGURU

nero 6 and nerovision express 2 are the best program for ISO compliations and for encoding and transcoding video files as well as dvd authoring, the best software for direct disc to disc copying and image creating with emulation is alchole 120%
OtakuGURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 13:25   Link #11
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Nero here .
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:43   Link #12
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Yeah...Nero seems to be the leader in it, but napalm will work.

Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:51   Link #13
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
I use K3B. It's my favorite Linux burning software. Interface is much like Roxio, but more features than the free version of Roxio that often comes with cd-r drives or computers.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:42   Link #14
Ari_0
Cant you See?

I use a DVD+RW on my laptop. Do NOT use nero and if you already are, for god's sake do not uninstall it unless you are reformatting the drive. Nero has the sloppiest uninstaller ever. Four files stayed in my drive as well as a few registery keys which realy messed up my chances of burning anything. Im not sure if its aggressive marketing or downright laziness by nero. Anyways, I had to reformat the laptop to get rid of it. Now I just use Roxi's one (they're both as bad)
Old 2004-04-18, 02:35   Link #15
RichMan
????

-If you got a cd burner(cd-r/cd-rw)drive then make SVCD's and use Nero Express to do so.

-If you got a dvd burner(dvd-r/dvd-rw) then make DVD's and use Roxio to do so.

The cheaper choice is to make SVCD's, but DVD's have better quality and it's faster.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 20:34   Link #16
inu-fma88fan

laptop problems?

sorry for you computer geniouses out there...i am a newbie to technology..hehe

i have a problem (somewhat related to this thread) i burn my anime to cd-rs but i can't play them in my laptop but can play it on the desktop? i use nero,,,
do you think my laptop is the problem or the way i burn them into cd-r ?
inu-fma88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 23:06   Link #17
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I recommend burning them to CDs or DVDs. Burning your anime to floppy disks is very time-consuming and uses a lot of media, and it's hard to watch them once you're done because you have to switch floppies every few seconds.
Old 2004-04-19, 23:13   Link #18
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Burning your anime to floppy disks is very time-consuming and uses a lot of media, and it's hard to watch them once you're done because you have to switch floppies every few seconds.
haha. how do you "burn" to floppy disks? We talking about the 1.44mb ones here? very funny ashibaka.

while we're at it, we should try putting anime on datacassettes, anyone remember those?
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 23:18   Link #19
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-fma88fan
sorry for you computer geniouses out there...i am a newbie to technology..hehe

i have a problem (somewhat related to this thread) i burn my anime to cd-rs but i can't play them in my laptop but can play it on the desktop? i use nero,,,
do you think my laptop is the problem or the way i burn them into cd-r ?
If you cannot play your videos in your laptop but can play them in your desktop PC then the problem here is that your laptop doesn't have the proper codecs to play the videos.

I suggest you to download one of these two codecs (Don't install them both on the same pc)

http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

Elisoft's Codec pack
If you understand a little bit of spanish I STRONGLY suggest you to download the elisoft codec packs due to the fact that these codecs are the most stable and compatible ones that I have ever seen. You won't have any more problems after installing one of these two codecs, but if you can understand spanish a little bit go for the elisoft's.

I hope that you won't have any more problems after this.

Good luck.
Old 2004-04-20, 13:00   Link #20
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
If you cannot play your videos in your laptop but can play them in your desktop PC then the problem here is that your laptop doesn't have the proper codecs to play the videos.

I suggest you to download one of these two codecs (Don't install them both on the same pc)

<censored>
I hope that you won't have any more problems after this.

Good luck.
no! dont do that! go to the playback help forum!

Quote:
hi im just wondering what kind of software or program do you guys usually use to burn your anime movies.

i used to burn by movies/videos in CD-R in data which can only take about 3-4 videos at a time. is there another way to burn them without wasting alot of cd-r?
there is no way to stuff more data onto one CD-r. overburning is a way... ... ... but that is dangerous...

invest in a DVD-Rburner

(note: dvd RW isnt really worth it IMO)