AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-25, 02:24   Link #1
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

[Android/iOS] 战舰少女 (ZJSN) - Warship Girls (Kancolle clone)

Making a new thread for this game. Pictures of warships shown in the next post.

Warship Girls is a Chinese clone of Kantai Collection, designed for Android and iOS. The game entered closed beta last September before its full release in December.

Servers
There are currently three game servers:
1. ZERO
2. Saratoga
3. Bismarck

ZERO server is essentially the beta server where new patches are released first for testing. This server was renamed from the original beta server, and is currently closed to new accounts. Admin have stated in the past that registration keys will be distributed every now and then, but to my knowledge, this has not happened so far since the full release. Aside from getting early patch releases, players on the ZERO server get a daily bonus of 1000 materials and 3 ship blueprints.

Saratoga and Bismarck are both open servers, with the former opening around one month before the latter. Players on Bismarck tend to be newer so the competition is less intense during PvP as compared to the other servers.

Gameplay

As a Kancolle clone, gameplay in ZJSN is very similar to Kancolle. Players take on the role of an admiral in charge of a dock, and can create up to four warship fleets. The warships are personified as warship girls, and these fleets can be sent on sorties where they battle enemies to gain experience, or expeditions, where they gather materials without gaining experience. PvP involves the player fighting other admirals' fleets, but the opponent's fleet will be controlled by AI. Most of the warships are real-life ships from the WWI or WWII-era.

Ships can be obtained either by completing battles with an "S" or "SS" grade, or through constructing in the dock using materials and blueprints. Some ships are occasionally awarded for completing events.

Ship types - very similar to Kancolle, so I won't rehash what they do, except to highlight some of the minor differences

Aircraft Carrier - CV
Light Aircraft Carrier - CVL
Seaplane Carrier - AV
Battleship - BB (战列)
Battle Cruiser - BC (cross between a Battleship and Heavy Cruiser; can carry large cannons and attack twice, and slightly more fuel-efficient than a BB but also more vulnerable)
Monitor / Heavy Cannon (not sure of the translation) - BM (cross between a Battleship and Light Cruiser - can carry large cannons and attack twice, but only has two weapon slots; very fuel-efficient)
Heavy Cruiser - CA
Light Cruiser - CL
Destroyer - DD
Submarine - SS

There are a number of additional classifications listed in the game, but no ships of those types have been released so far.

Comparisons to Kancolle - I've never played the actual Kancolle, so I'm simply going with what I've heard.

Pros:
- Easy to join, with no lottery and no restrictions on foreign players
- More variety in terms of international ships
- Supposedly better user interface (I cannot confirm this since I don't play Kancolle)

Cons:
- No voices (yet)
- Less variety in terms of ship types due to the game still being in development (e.g: only one submarine and one seaplane carrier in the game so far)
- Not as popular as Kancolle, which makes the characters a little harder to relate to since there's very little community-consensus characterisation
- Very inexperienced administrators, so events are sometimes poorly designed and frustrating

Your mileage may vary
- Warships are designed in a different style

Concluding comments
Make no mistake about it; this is a Kancolle clone. The clone will generally never reach the standard set by the original, especially since the original in this case a highly popular and successful game. This clone, however, is not one of those slipshod attempts at cashing in on the original's success, because it is clear that the administrators have put a lot of effort into the game, and that they are genuinely interested in the real-life warships.

I started playing this game because I didn't want to have to use a proxy to play, and also didn't want to risk having all my hard work going to waste should foreign accounts be deleted in the future (I know that the likelihood of this is very low). Having said that, a large majority of the player base in ZJSN are also teitoku on Kancolle, and the forums will often contain discussions about both games, so feel free to give it a try:

http://zj.p7game.com

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Last edited by frivolity; 2015-01-25 at 05:24.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 02:25   Link #2
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

ZJSN Warships

Warning: Image dump.

Some of the more popular ships in the game.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Selected ships of different countries:
USA
Images

Germany
Images

UK
Images

Japan
Images

Last edited by frivolity; 2015-01-25 at 05:32.
Old 2015-01-25, 02:26   Link #3
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

New Year Event

ZJSN's first event map ran for two weeks from midnight at the beginning of 29 December 2014 to midnight at the end of 11 January 2015.

The event maps consisted of four stages, Ex-1 to Ex-4, with one reward for clearing each one:
Ex-1 reward: A7M Reppu Fighter Plane (+9 anti-air, +1 evasion) - limited edition plane
Ex-2 reward: USS Albacore - first and only submarine in the game as at now, currently not obtainable in-game
Ex-3 reward: 61mm oxygen torpedo (+10 torpedo, +1 accuracy) - limited edition weapon
Ex-4 reward: Taihou - limited edition CV, currently not obtainable in-game

Each stage was a Boss stage, and had a bar that showed how much HP the Boss had left. Dealing damage to the enemy flagship at the Boss node would reduce the bar. Sinking the final node's flagship in a single battle reduced the bar by 20%, while dealing damage to it without sinking it would reduce the bar by a proportional amount. The final node's flagship had to be sunk in the final round for the stage to be cleared, i.e: if the bar had say, 5% left, sinking the flagship would clear the stage, but heavily damaging the flagship without sinking it would leave the bar at 0% with the stage still uncleared until the flagship was sunk one more time.

Maps
Images

My final battle that passed Ex-4

Images

Last edited by frivolity; 2015-01-31 at 02:51.
Old 2015-01-25, 03:09   Link #4
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Is this the clone whose server were / are DDoS attacked after it ruined the Baidu Tieba of Kancolle?

Quote:
I started playing this game because I didn't want to have to use a proxy to play
You don't need a proxy once you have gotten past the lottery in Kancolle.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 02:27   Link #5
SineMora
Wait for it...

great... no pc version...

and I'm nearly out of space for my droid...

oh well sacrifices had to be made...

At least, I can now play on android.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 03:23   Link #6
Seihai
ラブリーマイエンジェルぼのたん

I'd probably check it out for fun if it had voices. And... if it was for PC.

PM me for AnimeSuki Discord server. Will send invite. Currently@19 people.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 07:24   Link #7
SineMora
Wait for it...

Can someone explain the real life history why Tirpitz is called Otakuship?

can someone put a registration guide? I can't find it online...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
Old 2015-01-27, 02:46   Link #8
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I'd probably check it out for fun if it had voices. And... if it was for PC.
The game can be run on the PC using BlueStacks, though it's really really laggy. Lack of voices is indeed a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Can someone explain the real life history why Tirpitz is called Otakuship?

can someone put a registration guide? I can't find it online...
Registration is done in the client itself.

To download, go to the website, http://zj.p7game.com

The blue bar on the left has two buttons that say "iOS 下载" and "Android 下载". Click on whichever OS you're using to download.

After downloading and installing, open the game and you'll see:

Blue button: Register account
Orange button: Login

After clicking on the blue button:

First line 用户名: login name, 6 - 20 characters
Second line 密码: password, 6 - 20 characters
Third line 确认密码: confirm password, 6 - 20 characters
Fourth line 手机号码: cellphone number, used for recovering password (a fake number with 11 digits worked for me)
5th line 邀请码: invitation key, leave it alone.

Blue button: Return to login page
Orange button: Register and login

After logging in,

You can click on the black bar to select server, and the grey bar to enter the game.

Black bar:

俾斯麦服:Bismarck server, which is a new server
萨拉托加服:Saratoga server
胡德服: Hood server.

The red words next to Hood server indicate that its population is fairly high.

Gray bar:

You have 4 destroyers to choose from as a starter ship. Click on the gray bar after making your choice.

Imo, it's best to choose HMS Firefly (top left, shown in picture), since she's the only one that can be remodeled right now, and in my experience, is the rarest of the four.

As for Tirpitz's nickname, I'm not fully well-versed with her history, but the forum members I spoke to said that it's because she was perpetually stuck hiding near Norway with low fuel and difficulty resupplying, which prevented her from taking part in too many battles. This was probably the inspiration behind her in-game design as a hikkomori, so the players called her Northern Otaku.

Last edited by frivolity; 2015-01-27 at 03:00.
Old 2015-01-27, 06:22   Link #9
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Look unique. Maybe i'll try it when there's an english version.
Old 2015-01-27, 07:12   Link #10
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Look unique. Maybe i'll try it when there's an english version.
How does it look unique when it's a Kancolle clone?

But well, I doubt it will ever be available in English. There is no reason for the Chinese to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Lack of voices is indeed a problem
I think you should be happy that there are no voices. Doubt you'll want to hear the voices the Chinese dudes can make available.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 07:40   Link #11
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
How does it look unique when it's a Kancolle clone?

But well, I doubt it will ever be available in English. There is no reason for the Chinese to do so.
I think i should have use the word interesting. Maybe i said unique possibly because unlike Kancolle, this game has ships from other nations like the US and UK.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2015-01-27 at 09:21.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 07:47   Link #12
SineMora
Wait for it...

Hey, what happened? Did wipe happen?

Lost mine. at least I was starting back then with 3 ships and no rares lol

Old 2015-01-27, 15:16   Link #13
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I'm not aware of any wipe. Did you sign it to the wrong server?

Old 2015-01-28, 20:50   Link #14
seijinkei

Sorry, might be a stupid question. Does this mean the server is full or...?

if the image didn't show up: http://tinypic.com/r/121uc0p/8
seijinkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 22:32   Link #15
SineMora
Wait for it...

The biggest Oh Crap moment for me.

Builds my 5th ship (was aiming for a rare destroyer) :

430-630-630-230

Gets this:

Oh. Shit. there goes my resources... sorry Fusou... I'll have you stay in the port for a while

Then again, I realized (after looking lower in the list) PEOPLE HAD BEEN MAKING ALASKA, GUAM, AND A BUNCH OF CARRIERS WITH THOSE!!!

And hey... Prince of Wales as a level 50 reward? HELL YEAH!!!

Last edited by SineMora; 2015-01-29 at 02:37.
Old 2015-01-29, 05:10   Link #16
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by seijinkei View Post

Sorry, might be a stupid question. Does this mean the server is full or...?

if the image didn't show up: http://tinypic.com/r/121uc0p/8
That message means that the username isn't registered.

Your login username and player name are different, so make sure to login with the correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
The biggest Oh Crap moment for me.

Builds my 5th ship (was aiming for a rare destroyer) :

430-630-630-230

Gets this:

Oh. Shit. there goes my resources... sorry Fusou... I'll have you stay in the port for a while

Then again, I realized (after looking lower in the list) PEOPLE HAD BEEN MAKING ALASKA, GUAM, AND A BUNCH OF CARRIERS WITH THOSE!!!

And hey... Prince of Wales as a level 50 reward? HELL YEAH!!!
The common build combination for battleships is 400-600-600-130, which has a chance to build all except the BSM sisters, which require at least 650 steel.

If you're aiming to build BSM, then the usual combination is 630-600-650-230. This is also the build used for carriers, although Akagi and Kaga are known to be very rare even with this build.

An alternative build for battleships is 400-30-600-30. This build has a slightly higher chance of obtaining rare ships, but also a lower chance of obtaining battleships. In other words, you can get really good stuff with this build, but also lots of crap.

Destroyers are usually just 30-30-30-30.

Regarding construction, many players refer to the concept of Takao hell, because both 400-600-600-130 and 630-600-650-230 also have high chances (~30%) of obtaining heavy cruisers, most of which will be the not-so-useful Takao family

Fusou is indeed pretty meh, but imo still decent for a tier-two ship. The best 6 ships for a full cannon-damage fleet in the game right now (not including event ships) would probably be:
  • Bismarck
  • Tirpitz
  • Rodney-kai
  • Nelson-kai
  • Two among Prince of Wales / Hood / Nevada-kai / Oklahoma-kai

It's still possible to get by without any of them though. I managed to pass 5-5 without any in my fleet.

Everybody loves Lexington.

Last edited by frivolity; 2015-01-29 at 07:12.
Old 2015-01-29, 08:01   Link #17
idoggy

[公告]《战舰少女》官方客户端临时关闭注册公告2015-01-28 16:19:43

unknown reason

================================
their facebook:https://www.facebook.com/p7.zjsn

================================
230 bauxite won't give you any carrier, the right number is 300

Last edited by idoggy; 2015-01-29 at 08:19.
idoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 15:47   Link #18
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I'm pretty sure I got Akagi and Kaga using 630-600-650-230 back when I was still trying to obtain Andrea-Doria, but the rate was indeed very low. 300 probably gives a better rate.

According to the announcements on the front page, registering of new accounts will reopen on 30 Jan 00:00, China time.

Old 2015-01-30, 05:55   Link #19
SineMora
Wait for it...

Can someone tell me... WHO ARE MY SHIPS?

Old 2015-01-30, 06:01   Link #20
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

HMS Argus - Light carrier
SMS Blucher - Heavy cruiser
SMS Coln - Light cruiser
SMS Karlsruhe - Light cruiser
Aurora (Russian) - Light cruiser
USS Quincy - Heavy cruiser