AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-14, 15:29   Link #1
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Etrian Odyssey 3 & 4

Finally announced!

http://sq3.atlusnet.jp/index.html

3/4/2010 release

Iyah~, I've been waiting for it. Hope the JP version won't have any horrible bugs like last time though...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 00:21   Link #2
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Official website updated with a few of the new classes (Prince/Princess, Shinobi, Pirates, Phalanx, and Monk)
People that have played 1 and 2 probably don't need to visit the systems section though.

PV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsz_ndFQ-dI

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-05-05, 02:39   Link #3
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Etrian Odyssey 4 has been announced... A while ago JP Homepage

I feel bad for necroing a 3 year old thread, but I never been more excited about a game. Last game running Shogun was pretty lulz. Gladi/Shogun Warrior Might/2 Dualwielding Swashbuckling Shogun/Pirates for lucky OHKO bosses. I ran through the game three times and the last one with a solo ninja. Pretty excited to see the upcoming synergies within the next game.

What I ran:
Edit: Starting party: Princess Hoplite Ninja Pirate Zodiac/Arbalist.
Primarily starting party is aimed at getting through dungeon at the most efficient speed then retire when necessary
Princess is initially better because you can just use pots you found by having 5 farmers grabbing ingredients.
Hoplite is nice for guard. Pretty essential anyway
Ninja is nice for split clone->double leg bind chance and her instant kills abilities. Sub Ninja into Zodiac for mana battery and abuse whatever heavy TP spells such as Meteor, Warrior Might, Front Mortar, Pincushion... etc
Pirates ->Blind and Head bind. I find that with leg and head bind, most stage bosses are easily taken care of. However, you could run Wilding in place of Pirates or Hoplite if so chose. Pirates is not essential and you are probably better off with something else.
Zodiac/Arbalist ->Choose one. They act as elemental damage for whatever special drop or resistance advantage early game. I like to run Arbalist for Front Mortar but Zodiac is probably better.

End Party: Shogun/Pirate: Swashbuckling and Dual Wielding for chance to hit 8 times. With the addition of limit boost, it lets you use limit every 2 or so turns. Get Eagles Eye so when your are Berserkering your Gladi/Shogun for Warrior Might, you can do extra damage.
Gladiator/Shogun: Mathematically better thsn Arbalist's Giant Kill. Berserker's Vow, Princess's Offense buff, and another damage buff on first turn. Then use Warror Might on next turn. With Eagles and all 3 other maxed active buff slots, it's impossible to lose. You can run stuff like Aegis' Defense so the game becomes easy as hell because Shogun/Pirates charges it up every two turns.
Fill in other slots. I usually run another Shogun/Pirate then a Hoplite/Ninja and Monk/Princess. Hoplite Ninja is nice cause it adds sustain and extra hit due to clone. Monk/Princess is ridiculously OP with its buff.
Basically it allows you to hit X*8 times with Shogun and X8 times again with Warrior might if you are lucky. I can do 19 normal attacks 19 Warrior Might in one turn. Assuming I buff myself correctly and used Eagle's Eye, it ~triple the damage. Then I block whatever attack next time and then attack again. You can also run 4 Shogun/Gladi and just use limit to protect yourself. Basically 32 attacks and 32 Warrior Mights at triple damage. <- Farm end game bosses for gem katana.
Other synergy: Ninja/Zodiac for battery. Regal Radiance on Princess for ridiculous elemental damage... useful against elemental weak bosses.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-05-05 at 03:15. Reason: 2:00 AM. Typed longer than I thought.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 02:18   Link #4
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I just got a break and since Etrian Odyssey 4 is released already I really should pick it up. However, I am not sure if my body is ready. The new game looks awesome with new features while keeping consistent with the excellent gameplay elements of previous game. The game just gets better and better while the sales just continually and consistently rise in Japan. Gamefaq already have 170~ page on this. I really hope there is a bigger fanbase on AS for such an awesome game. I will edit later for my EO4 party and strat.
Old 2013-03-09, 22:37   Link #5
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Etrian Odyssey 4 was pretty fun.
For level grinding to 99 before defeating the final hidden boss, I used the QR code to get 4 clones of the hax status ailment moveset Mystic.

Old 2013-04-05, 07:01   Link #6
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What are the feelings of EO players about story focused remake?

Personally I wish they'd keep the core and just make a separate story integrated remake line. For some reason I donbt mind such a thing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:55   Link #7
Xefi
*Graphic Designer

i guess it's something new they're trying out with the EO series. i dont mind having characters
to be as with some background story as long as they're somewhat interesting.
kind of makes you feel like they exist and interacting. well, just hoping the story turns
out decent.

it's nice they're remaking the first game. i like the music in that game. cant wait to hear some of the arranges.
the game coming out in Japan June 26th. hopefully, we can get the NA version in a timely manner as well.

here are some pictures of the remake if anyone interested:
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/New_Etria...den/index.html
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:43   Link #8
JohnNiles

Since this thread includes EO 3, well... I'm still plodding along. I finally got the nerve to rest a few of my characters after I unlocked subclasses... unfortunately some of the others don't really need it. I might rest them anyway just to get their levels closer together... decisions, decisions.

edit: Dammit, I'm giving up for the night. Got wiped repeatedly by a boss on the third stratum and I can't level quickly enough to bother. I'm strongly tempted to flush the cartridge down the toilet or run it over with my car. I'm too pissed to even enjoy my other games now. To those who claim EO 3 is so easy, why are there so many Gamefaqs topics that start with "help"?

Last edited by JohnNiles; 2013-04-05 at 22:00.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:14   Link #9
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Resting and retiring can get annoying sometimes

Currently not able to advance cuz I retired a key member of may party. Landsneckt I believe it is spelled as? Power leveling with 2 level 10 divinity troubadours. Just because

In fairness I am still playing EO 1 so may not be proper for the thread.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:50   Link #10
Garet Jax

A new one already? "Millenium Girl".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Two...layer_embedded

Need someone with language skills to translate! But the presentation seems quite different. Stronger plot, actual characters, voice actors, etc. Familiar faces from previous games.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:59   Link #11
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's a remake of 1. With more story.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:10   Link #12
Garet Jax

I see, thanks. Something to keep an eye on. More EO is always nice. (But hopefully they don't remake all of them too quickly!)
Old 2013-04-27, 11:16   Link #13
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rather the worries of all EO fans is the series becoming more story focused. They believe this might affect the uniue charm of EO. and I somewhat agree with them.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:44   Link #14
Garet Jax

Yes, I can understand that. I see from here that's there are two modes? So story and classic. That would be acceptable.
http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11010

I enjoy the series, but a strong plot is also good, so if they can somehow manage both, I'll be pleased.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:16   Link #15
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Having this dual mode is a big deal. I believe that many hearts will be set at ease with this.
Old 2013-04-29, 13:19   Link #16
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I don't see why, considering that the original game still exists.
Old 2013-04-29, 15:49   Link #17
serenade_beta
マジ天使

I just hope they fix the glitches that were in the first game. Since they are remaking the graphics, I assume they will look over the code too. I'm sure they are aware of the glitches too.

Old 2013-04-29, 19:34   Link #18
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I don't see why, considering that the original game still exists.
It means they're aware of how the fans think. It might indicate how future etrian odyssey development will go as well.
Old 2013-04-30, 15:45   Link #19
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

What glitches are there? They got fixed for the English releases back in the day. Sadly, the same wasn't true for the sequels.
Old 2013-05-01, 02:24   Link #20
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
What glitches are there? They got fixed for the English releases back in the day. Sadly, the same wasn't true for the sequels.
Various. From looking at the wiki, a game freezing bug, bug where you can't use a skill that targets all enemies, a bug where if you cast a certain two skills on a character, their effects are reduced, a bug where a flag isn't set after you defeat a certain enemy, preventing you from moving on in the game, etc.
http://www15.atwiki.jp/sekaiju_maze/pages/108.html