AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime-Related Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-17, 05:26   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Tales of Asteria (iOS & Android)

Quote:
The scenario writer of the Tales series will handle the game’s story, which brings together Cress, Lloyd, Luke, Yuri, Sophie, and Milla. Here’s a snippet:

Quote:
Fragments of a star that makes wishes come true…

In a world where disputes over the fragments continue, six chosen people will draw out a solution…
DO AS INFINITY?! Oh my god they're still alive

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 06:12   Link #2
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

To be honest I am kind of disappointed. It's not on consoles and I thought it would be new characters.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 13:49   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Interesting selection of characters. And I was worried that either Sophie wasn't in the Tales' staffs' good favor, or her VA wasn't interested in the role, after her non-appearance in Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave. (because clearly Sophie is much more Asbel's partner than Cheria)

But DANGIT it's not on a console, and unless they made the JP app store available on US phones and I never noticed............ *sob*
Old 2014-02-18, 01:16   Link #4
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, they have to cover all the base. They already made 1 for console(Zesteria), now they need to tap into the mobile market too, and what's better than another all-star protagonist title like this?
Old 2015-01-16, 03:03   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

There seems to be a lot of posts missing, or they were put in another thread maybe?

Anyway, I finally made myself a JP iTunes account to get this and other JP games, but apparently nowthere's a new version of Asteria

http://asteria.tales-ch.jp/

in addition to the old one?

http://asteria.tales-ch.jp/asteria01/

The barcode-thing on both pages looks similar and they both take me to the original Asteria game, so is the new one just not out yet?

Also, when a do a search for Asteria in iTunes and the App Store under my JP accdount, the game doesn't show up. I have to scan the barcode-thing to find it.
Old 2015-01-16, 03:28   Link #6
KBTKaiser

they added the new chapter directly onto the existing chapter. you can play either one without needing to clear the first one.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 05:00   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
they added the new chapter directly onto the existing chapter. you can play either one without needing to clear the first one.
So how do I access it? I don't see an icon for it anywhere on the home screen.

Also, is there a guide for newcomers anywhere, explaining the flow of summoning, cat thing, quests, progression, etc. These app card games always confuse me for a while because they start off with the so many features that it's hard to sort them all out for a bit.

Also, on a side note why couldn't I find Asteria in the store without scanning the barcode-thing? I get the feeling a lot of games on the JP store are going to be like that.......
Old 2015-01-16, 09:16   Link #8
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So how do I access it? I don't see an icon for it anywhere on the home screen.

Also, is there a guide for newcomers anywhere, explaining the flow of summoning, cat thing, quests, progression, etc. These app card games always confuse me for a while because they start off with the so many features that it's hard to sort them all out for a bit.
The new chapter is on the game already, you need to clear the 1st chapter first before it can be unlocked. You will notice if you have cleared the 1st chapter (there is a credit roll), and the icon for the new chapter will appear on the right top in the main menu. Note that it's quite long, you need to clear all 6 character arcs first before unlocking the last united arc and then clear it to end the 1st chapter of the story.

Spoiler for Space:

For wiki link (in Japanese)
http://talesofasteria.cswiki.jp/index.php?FrontPage
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 12:48   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Thanks for the tips and guide. Now another question.

There's a "carry-over" option on the title screen, which I assumed was so you could transfer data from whichever mobile device you started the game on to another mobile device. I.e., I started playing Asteria on my iPad, then downloaded the game on my iPhone so I could pick up the game on my iPhone whenever I didn't have my iPad on me. I followed the instructions and used the ID and password in my profile on my iPad to transfer my data onto my iPhone, but now I lost the game data on my iPad. Why can't I access my progress on both devices? Do I need to be logged into the same iTuns account on both devices or something? And if I really can't access my progress on both devices, can I use the same "carry-over" method to trasfer my progress data back to my iPad without losing any data? (the game is better to play on the iPad than on the smaller iPhone)
Old 2015-01-16, 13:51   Link #10
KBTKaiser

it's one device, one save set, shinji, this is probably to prevent data duping.
Old 2015-01-16, 14:05   Link #11
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
it's one device, one save set, shinji, this is probably to prevent data duping.
So can I switch my data back to my iPad without losing anything then? For a minute after the swap, both of my devices played the game like I had no progress through the game at all and had just started for the first time, so I just want to make sure that I don't lose my 8+ hours of game progression I've built up if I swap back to my iPad.
Old 2015-01-16, 14:50   Link #12
Kirayuki

Yes, you can't have access in both devices. If you want to return back to iPad, just use the same method from the option menu (it will give you ID and new password, use these one to return back to iPad)
Old 2015-01-19, 00:11   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

How long do the raid quests stay active for? I got a message that one was active in the game, but by the time I saw the message and logged in, the quest was gone.
Old 2015-01-19, 07:45   Link #14
Kirayuki

Only for 1 hour, they do pop out twice in a day. You can get notification when they pop out usually, but you kind of need to see them immediately otherwise you will be late or miss it at all

And BTW, I mentioned before you can only take the 2nd chapter after clearing the 1st chapter. It seems I was mistaken, you can access the 2nd chapter after you clear Stage 5 in Luke's arc.
Old 2015-01-19, 12:33   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

And just to be sure, all those 5-star character cards shown on the front summon pages (the Xillia 2 Jude and Mila, the 5-star Yuuri, Flynn, Rta, etc.) are permanently available in the summoning? It's just the boosted drop rates and the guaranteed 4-star card from a ten-summoning offer that end on the 23rd, right?

Though I already landed both the 5-star Mila and Jude cards.....I splurged a bit for my opening days in the game and bought a bunch of summons.
Old 2015-01-19, 14:10   Link #16
KBTKaiser

boosted drop rates.

And then each character gacha has its respective character as a 5 star drop on top of the Asteria gacha's promotions.
Old 2015-01-19, 14:19   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So only the boosted drop rates go away after the 23rd, and all the character cards stay in the summons permanently and we keep the guaranteed 4-star with every 10-bulk summon too? Sweet.
Old 2015-01-19, 14:30   Link #18
Kirayuki

When they said boosted drop rates, it's only for those limited period characters (they always do that for every new limited period characters, to help people have higher chance). The other percentage still stay the same, and yes the rest of character except those limited period characters(currently X2 Milla and Jude, and the other one from Legendia I forgot the name) will all stay permanently.

The 100% chance for one 4-star above character in a 10-bulk summon will still be there, probably forever! Without that, I think people will really need to spend money a LOT or be lucky if they want land a 5-star character

And I assume when you said 5-star Milla is the X2 Milla that is currently on the period right ? Good catch then, make sure you aim for the newly added characters whenever you want to roll as they are having inflation on their stats/skills compared to the old characters (Hi Fire element Zelos!). A bit of advice, if you want to aim for limited period characters make sure you aim for any other summoning except Asteria if you want higher chance on getting them. Asteria is flooded with too many old 5-star characters so it can be a bit hard to aim for specific character, compared to other summoning who only have 3 characters. The new summoning from having cleared the 1st stage of 2nd chapter is probably the recommended one if you want a pool of new characters as they are much stronger compared to the oldies
Old 2015-01-19, 14:51   Link #19
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Oh, so the Xillia 2 Milla and Jude are limited availability characters. Good thing I got both then.

So only those three characters are the limited period ones, right? Ones like the 5-star Rita or the 5-Star Marta available in the character sumonings are here to stay?

And yeah, I saw the difference in drop rate for the Xillia 2 Milla and Jude between the summonings: 0.3-something percent on the original summoning, and 0.8-somthing percent on any of the character summonings. Yeesh.
Old 2015-01-19, 15:12   Link #20
Kirayuki

I assume the Jude you got is the one with Dark element right, the one that use X2 Hi-Ougi cut-in for the portrait ? as there is another 5-star Jude too in Asteria summoning that is Light element. Not as bad as the oldies, but I find the dark one have better stats and skill/abilities.

Yeah, 5-star Rita and Martha both stays (there are 2 Marthas, the one on Luke and the newest one is on the 2nd chapter summoning). Though, I am recommending you to just wait for a new Rita The trick with some popular characters like her or Yuri/Asbel is to not get disappointed if you don't manage to land one within the time period as they will have a new version soon! For Martha, I definitely recommend the newest one from the 2nd chapter summoning.