AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-18, 17:22   Link #701
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Go ahead and give yourself a challenge . Be prepared with consumables. Abuse skills such as Soul Shield, Cover/Guardian, Death effects (vs gobles, but useless in lv90 zones). The mine dungeons may feel overwhelming at first when a lot of the monsters in the region zergs your base. Play a little defensive and slowly push out. Worst case just use some sealing stones to close portals.
This is definitely key, go slowly and make sure you're fortifying yourself every step of the way, don't send a unit off by itself, unless you're positive it won't die. Most of the mine levels are 60+ turn limits you have more than enough time to go slowly. I don't think I spent more than 30 turns in any of them though, once you get the hang of them they're all pretty much the same and they go relatively fast. Just make sure you kill Asmodeus in your first fight with her, you'll need the devil beads. I killed her and I still ran out.

The level 90 2.0 dungeons on the other hand you access from the world map should be the last thing you do. Harder by leaps and bounds over everything else.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:23   Link #702
doujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
My first NG+ dungeon was Sin Gate. I would say that was a pretty harsh experience as my team was somewhat under leveled (but it was a blast!). I also did not have Phinnily yet, and my Crayl and Gaptahl did not get any love on my first playthrough: so I was severely lacking in the Wind element department.

The mine dungeons after that feels a lot easier, mainly because I am no longer under leveled.

Roka's missions are pretty "easy" (just bring enough potions). Lyphia's is somewhat harder (because the two mandatory chars are lv50 while the rest of my party are lv60+ fighting other lv60+ mobs). You can use Asmodeus before you hit the lv95 dungeons of the mines. The mine dungeons are def easier than most outdoor lv90 dungeons.

Go ahead and give yourself a challenge . Be prepared with consumables. Abuse skills such as Soul Shield, Cover/Guardian, Death effects (vs gobles, but useless in lv90 zones). The mine dungeons may feel overwhelming at first when a lot of the monsters in the region zergs your base. Play a little defensive and slowly push out. Worst case just use some sealing stones to close portals.
heheh blood of revival spam
doujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:30   Link #703
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I actually try to not let anyone die: if they die I often consider that as a failure to the mission already. Potion spamming is the way to go :O.

While defending home bases there is actually a pretty "cheap" tactic I used:
[H][A][E]
H= home base, A=Ally, E = Enemy.
If you deploy a melee character on H and attack E, the character will have the option to return home after the attack if the attack fails to kill E.

To extrapolate a little, you can deploy any unit with Double Action and use them as scout, and return them on the same turn. This allows you to do a little more on Turn 1, and is useful (I use Uya for this) when collecting things around home base without wasting turns on your good characters.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:50   Link #704
doujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I actually try to not let anyone die: if they die I often consider that as a failure to the mission already. Potion spamming is the way to go :O.

While defending home bases there is actually a pretty "cheap" tactic I used:
[H][A][E]
H= home base, A=Ally, E = Enemy.
If you deploy a melee character on H and attack E, the character will have the option to return home after the attack if the attack fails to kill E.

To extrapolate a little, you can deploy any unit with Double Action and use them as scout, and return them on the same turn. This allows you to do a little more on Turn 1, and is useful (I use Uya for this) when collecting things around home base without wasting turns on your good characters.
hey have figure out does sharty have special accessories like everyone else?
doujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 17:53   Link #705
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
It's a synthesis item from what I've seen going by screenshots. I'm not 100% sure where to get the pattern though. I haven't leveled Sharty to 99 though, maybe that's it?
__________________

Last edited by Xacual; 2012-03-18 at 18:47.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:33   Link #706
mangafreak7793
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
When I'm doing the extra story for Kohakuran and Uya, I can't seem to unlock the trigger despite the fact I have both of them on the event signs, what do I do?
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:40   Link #707
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
When I'm doing the extra story for Kohakuran and Uya, I can't seem to unlock the trigger despite the fact I have both of them on the event signs, what do I do?
If you check the event signs it will tell you that Wil has to be the one on them. You have to use Kohakuren displace to do it. After you send Wil to an event sign a teleport back close to your base appears there.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:44   Link #708
mangafreak7793
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
ooh. Okay thanks.
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:49   Link #709
tlm10516
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If you cleared most of the dungeons you should have had an event with Asmodeus? She told you to craft one of each item, make sure you don't equip or place them, then there should be an event at the bar.
ya i saw that after i went to the next chapter lol i have her now after a very long fight =D

Now im meister how do i do those yard things that the Seiha website mentions?
__________________

Last edited by tlm10516; 2012-03-18 at 19:06.
tlm10516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:06   Link #710
mangafreak7793
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Sorry for the double post but how do I get the feather of Elyun?
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:08   Link #711
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
Sorry for the double post but how do I get the feather of Elyun?
You just have to use it? It's the red / white feather that heals a unit that stands on it.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 19:09   Link #712
mangafreak7793
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Oooh, I forgot.
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:15   Link #713
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Was searching 4chan archive for sharty's artifact info looks like you need Land of Regrets cleared, and have 250 sense. I've had below 250 for a while because I was farming certain things out of my yard so I'll have to fix that.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:19   Link #714
doujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Was searching 4chan archive for sharty's artifact info looks like you need Land of Regrets cleared, and have 250 sense. I've had below 250 for a while because I was farming certain things out of my yard so I'll have to fix that.
thanks btw inst thread been closed for a while?
doujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:50   Link #715
tlm10516
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Some quick questions....

What is the Seiha website talking about when its talking about the money quests and it says
Quote:
NG+ (Wil required to be Meister or Magnus rank)
Yard1: 500,000
Yard2: 800,000
Yard3: 1,000,000
Yard4: 1,500,000
Yard5: 2,000,000
also how do i go about beating Janes Challenge 2? Soul Shield doesnt do anything and i cant get enough damage off before he kills me
__________________
tlm10516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:51   Link #716
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Clr Valkyrie Falls and 250 sense.
I actually updated the post with the summary with that last night. Maybe someone should PM a mod and have some of those info attached to the OP? (or someone edit it into the kamidori wiki)

//The "yard/mining upgrades" quest that cost a ton of money start automatically in NG+ after you become Meister and if you have the money to pay for them. The quest is not available unless you can afford them. All the things you get out of the investment are not very useful: so don't worry if you cannot afford them. Go spend the money upgrading costumes and on consumables.


Small tip on NG+ boss killing:
You can weaken a boss down to 1hp using Training bracers/unit with mercy. Finish it off with another unit that have both Mil and Tear equipped. Particularly useful against Advent Bay bosses as they all drop elemental weapons and each can sell for a LOT of money.


@Jane's challenge #2.
Use ring of desperation to give Wil Pervail III. I thought the quest, if I am thinking of the right one, requires you to use Wil? (How does soul shield come into play?) Side note: Wil's accessory is rather weak as it only grants him 2x action, advanturer, and interdimensional. Ring of Desperation/Bullseye is a much much better accessory for Wil in general. The Bullseye accessory most of the time not used for its +hit, but rather its critical chance: which does not require you to be at low health to be useful (my Wil has trouble losing any health). In fact if you do not care much for Double Action, which imo is a bit overrated on non-time sensitive missions on MELEE characters (it essentially double the dps of range characters) - Bullseye/Desperation accessory will most likely grant you a lot more power.

On general arena combat: a lot of fights can be cheesed with range attacks. Remember that enemies can only travel 1 square at a time on land that is owned by you. You can use this to your advantage and kite melee enemies.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-03-18 at 21:05.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 20:55   Link #717
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm10516 View Post
Some quick questions....

What is the Seiha website talking about when its talking about the money quests and it says

also how do i go about beating Janes Challenge 2? Soul Shield doesnt do anything and i cant get enough damage off before he kills me
The challenges don't have a time limit, so just get better gear before doing it again. Challenge 2 is Daitengu right? Never attack him if his attack says it will be assassinate, that will give you a higher chance of avoiding death procs. Other thing to do is to try to stay a square away from him after your turn is over, so use double action to attack and then fall back a space, he'll just use whirlwind slash instead of trying to attack you. Again increases your chance of not having to deal with a death proc. Just work him down slowly is what I did. Oh and a Meister Hammer for the Soul Shield 3 would be good too. At least when it gets low health and prevail starts making it hit hard.

About those money quests, it's the mining development stuff. Shows up after Meister/Magnus rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Small tip on NG+ boss killing:
You can weaken a boss down to 1hp using Training bracers/unit with mercy. Finish it off with another unit that have both Mil and Tear equipped. Particularly useful against Advent Bay bosses as they all drop elemental weapons and each can sell for a LOT of money.
For the Advent Bay bosses I was using Mylen equipped with bowling ball and using her 9 range nuke. It's pretty handy. She can do enough damage to kill each one in like one combat.

I've been using the training bracelet for low level raising though. Sharty and Kohakuren went up 30 levels now.

I was thinking about transmigrating all my characters before I started a new game so I'd have all level 1s at the start.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:03   Link #718
tlm10516
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The challenges don't have a time limit, so just get better gear before doing it again. Challenge 2 is Daitengu right? Never attack him if his attack says it will be assassinate, that will give you a higher chance of avoiding death procs. Other thing to do is to try to stay a square away from him after your turn is over, so use double action to attack and then fall back a space, he'll just use whirlwind slash instead of trying to attack you. Again increases your chance of not having to deal with a death proc. Just work him down slowly is what I did. Oh and a Meister Hammer for the Soul Shield 3 would be good too. At least when it gets low health and prevail starts making it hit hard.
Pale Rider is the second challenge and it may sound stupid but when does wil get prevail? im pretty sure i lvl up his armor all the way and i dont have that lol
__________________
tlm10516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:25   Link #719
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm10516 View Post
Pale Rider is the second challenge and it may sound stupid but when does wil get prevail? im pretty sure i lvl up his armor all the way and i dont have that lol
I was meaning the Daitengu. I was thinking the challenges went, Valkyrie, Daitengu, Pale Rider, but I guess Valkyrie is different. For Pale Rider I just equipped a sanctified necklace to limit it's nuke damage and went at him. I think it has vorpal counter so just save each turn and if it vorpal counters you that turn, reload and don't attack it. He was much easier for me than the Daitengu.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 21:28   Link #720
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The challenges don't have a time limit, so just get better gear before doing it again. Challenge 2 is Daitengu right? Never attack him if his attack says it will be assassinate, that will give you a higher chance of avoiding death procs. Other thing to do is to try to stay a square away from him after your turn is over, so use double action to attack and then fall back a space, he'll just use whirlwind slash instead of trying to attack you. Again increases your chance of not having to deal with a death proc. Just work him down slowly is what I did. Oh and a Meister Hammer for the Soul Shield 3 would be good too. At least when it gets low health and prevail starts making it hit hard.

About those money quests, it's the mining development stuff. Shows up after Meister/Magnus rank.



For the Advent Bay bosses I was using Mylen equipped with bowling ball and using her 9 range nuke. It's pretty handy. She can do enough damage to kill each one in like one combat.

I've been using the training bracelet for low level raising though. Sharty and Kohakuren went up 30 levels now.

I was thinking about transmigrating all my characters before I started a new game so I'd have all level 1s at the start.
You will have lv1s but there is, in a way, no point as you will just be killing everything as if you are a lv99.

After much much much debate with myself I decided to just start from a blank sheet in NG++. No Roka, Lyphia or Evelyn. No OPed accessories and weapons. I want a challenge and my lv99s are wayyyyy too strong even in lv90 dungeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm10516 View Post
Pale Rider is the second challenge and it may sound stupid but when does wil get prevail? im pretty sure i lvl up his armor all the way and i dont have that lol
Pervail comes from Desperation accessory which you learn how to make when you complete (objectives) of one of the NG+ dungeons.

Vs pale rider its actually pretty easy... Pale riders love to use their holy spell to attack during their turn. Simply wear a +holy accessory to put in some holy gems. Not sure if you have the 4 tail hammer (its a chest in one of the NG+ dungeons I think). It lets Wil cast a ranged fire spell and iirc, Pale riders are weak vs fire (and the 4 base elements).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eushully, kamidori alchemy meister

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.