AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-19, 16:45   Link #741
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I finished Yuelia route and most my chars were at around lvl 40. Why are u ppl talking about lvl 90 and such ? I don't see lvl 90 dungeons.
Most people here finished Yeula's route and are on NG+; Dagger and doujin seem to be on NG++.

Man, those gauntlet matches were so damn difficult (on hard, anyway). Wil's, Crayl's, Sharty's, and Uya's gave me fierce problems. Especially Sharty's: that goddamn holy sealed solider thing was an uber pain. Completing all of them was oh so satisfying.

I'm at the few final dungeons of Yeula's route, and the level range of my party is 45~47.

Debating whether or not to turn the level cap on or off. It doesn't help that I don't fully understand it, even if it isn't particularly difficult to understand. Meh.

Off: Monsters' levels begin at 50ish?
On: Monsters' levels begin same as before?
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:11   Link #742
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Debating whether or not to turn the level cap on or off. It doesn't help that I don't fully understand it, even if it isn't particularly difficult to understand. Meh.

Off: Monsters' levels begin at 50ish?
On: Monsters' levels begin same as before?
Monster level is determined by two things:
i) Their base level: they can never go below their base level
ii) The average level of your top n (maybe 5?) exploring characters. Those whom are shopkeeping does not count.
iii) Monsters always scale for by a few levels even with the cap intact.

Lets take the first dungeon for example. Your team consist of level 50s.
With caps on, you will see Level 10 slimes. That is because the scaling cap of the dungeon is level 10.
With caps off, you will see level 50 slimes.

However, a good part of the game does not scale well beyond the "cap". Therefore, your level 50 characters will most likely make very very short work out of the lv50 slimes. Furthermore, because xp is based on Base Level, those lv50 slimes will still only 1xp per kill.

Because of the above points, I recommend you to leave the cap on. It gives your lower level characters something to do.

Some monsters can scale pretty well esp early in the game, but at the same time, you may have problems with Uya's xformation quest in NG+ if you have not been actively using him. Other quests, such as Mare sister cave you can solo with Wil, and the 2nd guild examination I used a training ring to weaken all the slimes before blowing them up with my underleveled Emelita.

All the old content becomes absolute trivial as soon as you start on NG+ content. Their difficult is no harder than mobs in deadbeat.

A side note: Will will need 500 kills to get his last title. So nuts in NG+ and use him to kill EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
What does the wig do in new game plus?
Nothing beside to give the gold scammer bar keep a new look. It does not do anything to the plot or anything, and you can change his look over and over. The same goes for Lily's form (I picked teenage to start with but lately have been liking her adult form a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I finished Yuelia route and most my chars were at around lvl 40. Why are u ppl talking about lvl 90 and such ? I don't see lvl 90 dungeons.
They are in NG+ (when you start a 2nd game using old save data). You will get them eventually.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:14   Link #743
doujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Monster level is determined by two things:
i) Their base level: they can never go below their base level
ii) The average level of your top n (maybe 5?) exploring characters. Those whom are shopkeeping does not count.
iii) Monsters always scale for by a few levels even with the cap intact.

Lets take the first dungeon for example. Your team consist of level 50s.
With caps on, you will see Level 10 slimes. That is because the scaling cap of the dungeon is level 10.
With caps off, you will see level 50 slimes.

However, a good part of the game does not scale well beyond the "cap". Therefore, your level 50 characters will most likely make very very short work out of the lv50 slimes. Furthermore, because xp is based on Base Level, those lv50 slimes will still only 1xp per kill.

Because of the above points, I recommend you to leave the cap on. It gives your lower level characters something to do.

Some monsters can scale pretty well esp early in the game, but at the same time, you may have problems with Uya's xformation quest in NG+ if you have not been actively using him. Other quests, such as Mare sister cave you can solo with Wil, and the 2nd guild examination I used a training ring to weaken all the slimes before blowing them up with my underleveled Emelita.

All the old content becomes absolute trivial as soon as you start on NG+ content. Their difficult is no harder than mobs in deadbeat.

A side note: Will will need 500 kills to get his last title. So nuts in NG+ and use him to kill EVERYTHING.



Nothing beside to give the gold scammer bar keep a new look. It does not do anything to the plot or anything, and you can change his look over and over. The same goes for Lily's form (I picked teenage to start with but lately have been liking her adult form a lot).



They are in NG+ (when you start a 2nd game using old save data). You will get them eventually.
lol dagger u still butt hurt about all those cash he took from u. he does give something nice at the end so forgive him for it.
doujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:26   Link #744
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
At least with Hannah I get to buy new stuff from the church, I get a lot of love, a usable character who is really fun to use.

That bald head only gives me buddist statues that serve as a constant reminder of "Thou shall not commit adultery". (I will give him credit that the stuff he comes up with can be quite useful: I would take a Miko character over a statue any day.)
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:28   Link #745
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 26
i got the doll accessory for lily at te pagan seal but if i'm not wrong she have an other special one right?
__________________

if you love jrpg support progect phoenix! http://projectphoenix.info/
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:52   Link #746
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Monster level is determined by two things:
i) Their base level: they can never go below their base level
ii) The average level of your top n (maybe 5?) exploring characters. Those whom are shopkeeping does not count.
iii) Monsters always scale for by a few levels even with the cap intact.

Lets take the first dungeon for example. Your team consist of level 50s.
With caps on, you will see Level 10 slimes. That is because the scaling cap of the dungeon is level 10.
With caps off, you will see level 50 slimes.

However, a good part of the game does not scale well beyond the "cap". Therefore, your level 50 characters will most likely make very very short work out of the lv50 slimes. Furthermore, because xp is based on Base Level, those lv50 slimes will still only 1xp per kill.

Because of the above points, I recommend you to leave the cap on. It gives your lower level characters something to do.

Some monsters can scale pretty well esp early in the game, but at the same time, you may have problems with Uya's xformation quest in NG+ if you have not been actively using him. Other quests, such as Mare sister cave you can solo with Wil, and the 2nd guild examination I used a training ring to weaken all the slimes before blowing them up with my underleveled Emelita.

All the old content becomes absolute trivial as soon as you start on NG+ content. Their difficult is no harder than mobs in deadbeat.

A side note: Will will need 500 kills to get his last title. So nuts in NG+ and use him to kill EVERYTHING.
Thanks for the thorough explanation; I appreciate it.

When you say 'lower level characters', do you mean the ones that are lagging behind level wise, or do you mean the NG+ characters? Because I've been doing my best to use and get comfortable with all characters. So, to reiterate because it's getting late and I'm feeling a little slow, it'd be best to leave the level cap on and use the 'lower level characters' to complete and explore the dungeons of the old content, as Wil and co. will simply over power monsters if the cap is left on, and the same will occur if the cap is turned off because of the NG+ content? Yeah, leaving the cap on seems like the way to go.

Yeah, I've heard about that. Is that the Magnus rank people keep talking about?

Oh, I haven't finished the game yet, but is it explained what lies behind the seal in the mines? I think I have a slight idea as to what it is.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:55   Link #747
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i got the doll accessory for lily at te pagan seal but if i'm not wrong she have an other special one right?
Lily has two accessories from Pagan Seal. The second you have to revisit the area for. It's in a chest where the last slime boss was on your first visit. Actually all 5 of the NG+ 90 dungeons have a chest added on your 2nd visit to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Oh, I haven't finished the game yet, but is it explained what lies behind the seal in the mines? I think I have a slight idea as to what it is.
I assume it's what is covered by the NG+ mine areas, especially the ones revolving around Asmodeus.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 17:58   Link #748
doujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Lily has two accessories from Pagan Seal. The second you have to revisit the area for. It's in a chest where the last slime boss was on your first visit.



I assume it's what is covered by the NG+ mine areas, especially the ones revolving around Asmodeus.
the last mine is the most disappointed anticipation of this game why would i need a dam teleport bracelet
doujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:04   Link #749
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by doujin View Post
the last mine is the most disappointed anticipation of this game why would i need a dam teleport bracelet
Well I assume it's just because you can't make them. It's the only reason I can come up with for why the game keeps giving me flight and teleport bracers. I think I have 6 of each now. It's really redundant especially once the artifacts come into play since most give some kind of either of those.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:21   Link #750
tlm10516
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
i was meister and happy that i got some new weapons for my characters....then i hit magnus and got a sh*t load more.....im so far away from beating this game!!! lol im never going to be able to play my other games at this rate
__________________
tlm10516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:23   Link #751
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Thanks for the thorough explanation; I appreciate it.

When you say 'lower level characters', do you mean the ones that are lagging behind level wise, or do you mean the NG+ characters? Because I've been doing my best to use and get comfortable with all characters. So, to reiterate because it's getting late and I'm feeling a little slow, it'd be best to leave the level cap on and use the 'lower level characters' to complete and explore the dungeons of the old content, as Wil and co. will simply over power monsters if the cap is left on, and the same will occur if the cap is turned off because of the NG+ content? Yeah, leaving the cap on seems like the way to go.

Yeah, I've heard about that. Is that the Magnus rank people keep talking about?

Oh, I haven't finished the game yet, but is it explained what lies behind the seal in the mines? I think I have a slight idea as to what it is.
Lower level characters include all those whom you have not yet leveled, and the lv1 characters you gain in NG+.
Yes to all your questions.

Spoiler:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:28   Link #752
doujin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm10516 View Post
i was meister and happy that i got some new weapons for my characters....then i hit magnus and got a sh*t load more.....im so far away from beating this game!!! lol im never going to be able to play my other games at this rate
game like this and alicesoft game are hard to come by, the game have shit load of thing to do that require multiple game replay if u want to get them all which make them fun and it keep u entertain for quite a long time.
doujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:36   Link #753
tlm10516
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by doujin View Post
game like this and alicesoft game are hard to come by, the game have shit load of thing to do that require multiple game replay if u want to get them all which make them fun and it keep u entertain for quite a long time.
normally i wouldnt say anything because i love these types of games but i have deardrops, mizuiro, da capo 2, harem party, My Imouto, and Sandwiched between my wife and her sister left to play lol which those games themselves will prob take a couple of days to finish each ahhh why do i download so many games DX
__________________
tlm10516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:48   Link #754
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlm10516 View Post
normally i wouldnt say anything because i love these types of games but i have deardrops, mizuiro, da capo 2, harem party, My Imouto, and Sandwiched between my wife and her sister left to play lol which those games themselves will prob take a couple of days to finish each ahhh why do i download so many games DX
I am actually not that big of a fan of VNs. Really depends on my mood. Often times I get bored of just reading something. RPGs like this one keeps me playing. A part of my want to go try out Himegari but I am going to struggle so much since I cannot read jap.

Try the Utawarerumono game.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 18:52   Link #755
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I assume it's what is covered by the NG+ mine areas, especially the ones revolving around Asmodeus.
Ah, I had assumed that it was Asmodeus. Mhm, now I'm really looking forward to NG+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Lower level characters include all those whom you have not yet leveled, and the lv1 characters you gain in NG+.
Yes to all your questions.
Okay, thanks again.
__________________
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 19:11   Link #756
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Lily has two accessories from Pagan Seal. The second you have to revisit the area for. It's in a chest where the last slime boss was on your first visit. Actually all 5 of the NG+ 90 dungeons have a chest added on your 2nd visit to get.
thank you i get it now^^. now i only miss this damn sage proof and i can make also her final weapon
__________________

if you love jrpg support progect phoenix! http://projectphoenix.info/
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 19:21   Link #757
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Does anyone know where to get the Rocket Punch for Sharty's ultimate weapon? I don't have a pattern for it and I haven't come across it in any of the NG+ dungeons, unless it's a rare drop from a monster in the mine dungeons. And I've used the maps to make sure I collected every treasure.

Edit: Also I noticed one of the maid's elemental weapons mutated into a dark element one. Do all the elemental weapons mutate into the same one, like the morph bow being a mutation result from multiple bows, or is it a 1 for 1 kind of thing.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 19:27   Link #758
pavaman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Sorry if it was answered but i havent seen it.

What does the blue * to the left of the items in the synthesis list means?
pavaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 19:28   Link #759
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavaman View Post
Sorry if it was answered but i havent seen it.

What does the blue * to the left of the items in the synthesis list means?
That you haven't made the item. It gets reset for NG+ so it's kind of annoying.
__________________
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 19:28   Link #760
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Got it off Gun Knights and Melkaveil, there is a ?????? entry under my info so it might be looted else where.

Note that the Rocket Punch allows you to attack from range, similar to how some staff and bow allow melee.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eushully, kamidori alchemy meister

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.