AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 15:34   Link #1961
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Once again about Asmodeus: I beat every of the new dungeons in Yudora's mine and watched the event where Asmodeus appeared in Wil's room after he used the braclet (I think that was the very first event after she joined as a guest), but there's nothing new to see. I'm in Chapter 8, so maybe I just need to progress to the next one, and the only events pre-promotion are those to get the two girls from the demon-folk rumors.

Besides that: Mylen is absurdly overpowered. During the Devil's nest dungeon (the level 95 in Yudora's mine area) she raepstomped those flying snake enemies with ease whereas everyone else struggled or did low damage without prevail (3) bonus. Wil and she are by now my highest leveled characters.

@Archmage: Yes, Aht was somewhat poorly designed. Sadly, most of the "starting" crew except the main heroines will start to fall back the more you progress (and especially after a new game+).
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 16:42   Link #1962
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
@Archmage: Yes, Aht was somewhat poorly designed. Sadly, most of the "starting" crew except the main heroines will start to fall back the more you progress (and especially after a new game+).
Yeah in NG+ and NG++, you pretty much will never use any character from NG except maybe Kohakuren and Ragsmuena, not counting the Heroines. The characters you get in NG+ just completely outclass them.
Old 2013-02-13, 09:19   Link #1963
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

What does NG and NG++ get you? Just the same storyline but everyone keep their levels?

I mean, is there an real reason to play it other than see the other two girls naked?

Also, What problem I have with Aht isn't the fact she is strong or weak, but the fact she is too slow. Even the Undrine can be used as an anti-ghost type support for Wil or Yuela, but I have no use for Aht except to sit on the base camp to prevent a ghost from capping my camp in a sneak attack.

The one or two dungeon that need burrow are usually full of Earthmen which are immune to her attacks >.<
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 10:33   Link #1964
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
What does NG and NG++ get you? Just the same storyline but everyone keep their levels?

I mean, is there an real reason to play it other than see the other two girls naked?

Also, What problem I have with Aht isn't the fact she is strong or weak, but the fact she is too slow. Even the Undrine can be used as an anti-ghost type support for Wil or Yuela, but I have no use for Aht except to sit on the base camp to prevent a ghost from capping my camp in a sneak attack.

The one or two dungeon that need burrow are usually full of Earthmen which are immune to her attacks >.<
Obviously the storyline changes depending on the the route you are in. Other than that, you'll get new characters and quests to do and you'll obtain the receipt for the gold key. You can choose what to bring on your new game+, such as levels, items, money, etc. Ultimately you can acess the level 90 dungeons, but others are more knowledgeable about them.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:49   Link #1965
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:

Aht should have 4 move, did you do her training event yet? Also give her Wind element Claws or something then.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:51   Link #1966
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I just got that quest, not sure where would I go train her to do that.

Also, can someone explain to me the CP system?

It seem some abilities come from items, but most abilities seem to take up some kind of specific slot to prevent them from working con-currently. Some of the girls have only 19/30 CP yet other people would have 25/25. And sometimes I can have two of the similar abilities (I.E Magic missile and homing missile), yet other times only one at a time (I.E Sky/Dark/Flame dance for Yuela)
Old 2013-02-13, 16:57   Link #1967
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

You can do the cheesy way and train Aht in the deadbeat dungeon.

if you go over your CP limit, everyone on the field uses insane amount of FP to move (IIRC +3 FP each step). If it's a big map don't go over it, unless you have a hard time to kill the enemies or you want to waste FP recovery items
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:13   Link #1968
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
You can do the cheesy way and train Aht in the deadbeat dungeon.

if you go over your CP limit, everyone on the field uses insane amount of FP to move (IIRC +3 FP each step). If it's a big map don't go over it, unless you have a hard time to kill the enemies or you want to waste FP recovery items
Not control points, the CP for each individual's skill equiping.
Old 2013-02-13, 17:25   Link #1969
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

oh that CP. Each character can have max 4 skills equiped (not counting skills from weapons and accessories). Each skill requires some amount CP to be able to equip it. Your CP cap will increase when the character hits certain levels (when she class up).
Old 2013-02-14, 10:25   Link #1970
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Once again about Asmodeus: I beat every of the new dungeons in Yudora's mine and watched the event where Asmodeus appeared in Wil's room after he used the braclet (I think that was the very first event after she joined as a guest), but there's nothing new to see. I'm in Chapter 8, so maybe I just need to progress to the next one, and the only events pre-promotion are those to get the two girls from the demon-folk rumors.

Besides that: Mylen is absurdly overpowered. During the Devil's nest dungeon (the level 95 in Yudora's mine area) she raepstomped those flying snake enemies with ease whereas everyone else struggled or did low damage without prevail (3) bonus. Wil and she are by now my highest leveled characters.

Actually, I just realized the followers are on part with the main heroines if you take off their highly-enchanted-enhanced cloths. I changed the 3 main back to their starting dresses they are on par with their follower counterparts~

I guess the clothes definitely make the girl then XD
Old 2013-02-15, 00:50   Link #1971
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
Actually, I just realized the followers are on part with the main heroines if you take off their highly-enchanted-enhanced cloths. I changed the 3 main back to their starting dresses they are on par with their follower counterparts~

I guess the clothes definitely make the girl then XD
They are not. The thing that sets the heroines apart and why they are up there with characters like Asmodeus and Mylen isn't because of the stats on the clothing it's because they learn a huge variety of skills from the clothing, many of which can be used together for devastating effects. The other characters, especially the NG ones just don't have that same quality and usually have some quite sub par skills(I'm looking at you Suina).
Old 2013-02-15, 02:10   Link #1972
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Suina is just a humble undine, don't ask so much out of her :<
Old 2013-02-15, 02:35   Link #1973
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Its all about the skills and weapons the heroines have access to. Heroines often have less than optimal stat in the NG+ ranges: iirc my Yuela does not even have anything close to 100 str when she hits lv99 while other primary melee damage dealers (the dragon/NG+ chars... Kohakuren got 100 int really early in the lv70s).

In fact the heroine are often gimped due to the way they are designed. Yuela's high evade score is useless as most enemies in NG+ dungeons have bonus hit chance (some goes up to 145), that's when her low con becomes a liability. Serawi's primary stat is spread between both str and int thus her damage is always abysmal.

But stat does not matter as much when you have +% modifiers from skills. Prevail gives up to a 50% boost in stats which makes all the difference in the world. Of course, for any casters, getting Double Action means you double the damage you do: that is if you are doing any at all.

Other factors also help such as base resistance (important as heroines can gem for them). While doing the Yuidora mine NG+ dungeons having a +Death skill or weapon will make you an effective unit even if you do not do any real damage (Ragsmuela comes into mind: she can take on a whole room of gobles by herself. Dealing 1 damage per hit does not matter when you have +Death weapons and vorpal counter to insanely kill off your enemy).

Then comes the NG+ lv90 dungeons where +Death no longer works. Skills such as prevail, projectile defense, magic resist, soul shield becomes increasingly more valuable. Stat wise, luck becomes more apparent as a dps modifier.

I think Eushully recognize the terribleness of Suina due to stat capping and decided to give her the bowling ball to compensate. +40 str with high crit chance is almost on par with endgame weapons.

//

Side story:
Arterial of Origins also uses the same music for all the h scenes. I raised an eyebrow when I hear the music being used early game during a scene where the protagonist dreams about his family during NG+ playthrough...

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-02-15 at 02:50.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 07:56   Link #1974
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Yeah, those annoying Gobles with their Shield 3 ability are the ideal fooder for instant-death abilties. Ragsmuela and Eukleia with her short-range skill were my main forces against them in the Yudra Mine dungeons. As some of those gobles also have maneater Wil was mostly a meatshild thanks to his high hp. Obviously Mylen would still beat them up when their Shield 3 doesn't activate, as did Yuela with Pierce and Prevail.
In the earlieri chapters Suina with the bowling ball was my best dragon killer IF she survived long enough.

On that note: Progressing to the final chapter did indeed help to trigger the next row of events with Asmodeus -> completed the 2nd battle against her yesterday. Even though the enemies in the 75 dungeon weren't that special, I could painfully feel the bonus hit rate Flying Dagger mentioned.
And I got Hanna (still at level 1, though). Seems that I can finally complete the game for "good" except of the special areas, unless I feel like replaying a route from the scratch (now that I have both Marwen Ring + Necklace).
Old 2013-02-15, 10:34   Link #1975
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone know what is the skill that does 999 dmg? Apparently Yuela has it for some reason, so are the S-Ranked people in the Arena to my annoyance. How do you avoid it?
Old 2013-02-15, 11:52   Link #1976
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Any skill with death ability. Just read the skills. And to avoid it; have a good evasion, or pray it doesn't trigger.
Old 2013-02-15, 12:01   Link #1977
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Any +death skills/abilities proc the 999 dmg instant kill.

If your character has a weapon equipped with +death will give any of their attacks a chance to proc instant death. So Suina with her bowling ball using her range 3 spell has a chance to instagib her target.

Notable items with +death in run 1 are the ninja blade and the bowling ball. In fact the Ninja Blade is amazing early game due the high evade it grants (on top of base evade, it grants Alert V iirc, which is 5 extra evade).

Death skills only work on organics: so constructs and ghosts are immune, as are any champion mobs (mobs with a medal). I believe it also procs more often on humanoids (compared to mana/other types - I used to think +death proc % is affect by Dark resistance but I was able to proc it on some dark immune mobs).

Skills and abilities with +death include vorpal counter, death invitational and flower bloom.

To prevent Death you can also use the right accessory from NG+, or discourage the AI from using the Death spell on you. There are constructs in NG+ Yuidora mine with such an attack: I counter it by getting S class Dark resist for all my tanks to encourage the AI to melee attack rather than use the death skill.

//

Hannah and Lily are fun characters to use given their utility: Hannah has staves that grant elemental spells and Lily can use almost every weapon in the game.

Spoiler for some arterial of origins stuff:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 13:01   Link #1978
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for some arterial of origins stuff:
Its not a card game. The world doesn't revolve around Wil since hes just a alchemist and Elizasleyn would never let it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Suina is just a humble undine, don't ask so much out of her :<
On the topic of Suina.... i like the new Suina.
Old 2013-02-15, 15:36   Link #1979
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Two short questions (again):
1. Might sound stupid, but what exactly does the +1 *insert element* attributes in each's heroine costume do? Increase damage in said element, defense against it or both?
2. About Serawi: I understand that she's supposed to be an hybrid-esque character as in decent with magic and physical attacks, but what's the "safer" approach? I currently have her in the gothic(?) costume (the one that looks like a maid uniform), which seems from the current stats a bit more magic orientated.
Old 2013-02-15, 16:13   Link #1980
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Two short questions (again):
1. Might sound stupid, but what exactly does the +1 *insert element* attributes in each's heroine costume do? Increase damage in said element, defense against it or both?
2. About Serawi: I understand that she's supposed to be an hybrid-esque character as in decent with magic and physical attacks, but what's the "safer" approach? I currently have her in the gothic(?) costume (the one that looks like a maid uniform), which seems from the current stats a bit more magic orientated.
1) Forgot. I just upgraded everything since I had so much money.
2) Get the NG+ armor for all three of them. Its the best armor in the game. It also gives them a skill that lets them move twice per turn. In the end stats don't really matter as much. If your playing a new game you should start at level one. You keep the same stats but they start at level one. Armor depends on what situation and what boss your facing. I only got the armor for scenes or skills or those annoying circumstances where they need to swim.

Tags
eushully, kamidori alchemy meister