AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 06:45   Link #1
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Mac Learning objective-c and Xcode 4

hi everyone how is it going ?

So I start learning objective-c 1 year ago on xcode 3 , so far I only learned the basics rules and floats and do while and these stuff , but then could not do anything with it , tried to learn about user interface design when xcode 4 comes out and its totally different from xcode 3 much larger and harder

I tried different tutorials but all of them too advanced for me and I learned the objective-c basics and I can't put it to any good use , what should I do ?

I really want to start working on apps for mac and iOS but its just too hard I studied software programing and I am suppose to be good in it but I can't seem to learn , any one good advice for a rookie like me ?

Thanks
Nemesis Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 02:10   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Zone View Post
hi everyone how is it going ?

So I start learning objective-c 1 year ago on xcode 3 , so far I only learned the basics rules and floats and do while and these stuff , but then could not do anything with it , tried to learn about user interface design when xcode 4 comes out and its totally different from xcode 3 much larger and harder

I tried different tutorials but all of them too advanced for me and I learned the objective-c basics and I can't put it to any good use , what should I do ?

I really want to start working on apps for mac and iOS but its just too hard I studied software programing and I am suppose to be good in it but I can't seem to learn , any one good advice for a rookie like me ?

Thanks
When you say that you studied software programming, do you mean, like... you majored in it in college? I can't really get a good grasp of how experienced you are in programming, but it sounds like you're not far enough along yet to have an easy time with it.
Old 2012-02-25, 10:39   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
First off, get yourself a good book on Objective C before diving into Cocoa. Objective C from experience is a subset of C that takes some aspects from Smalltalk. if you know Java, it holds some similarities, except the syntax is slightly different.

For the book you should be looking for: Programing in Objective-C 2.0. It will tell you everything what you need to program in it. Be aware that you still have to do memory management, although Apple made this automatic in the recent versions of Xcode (but only supported in the recent versions of Mac OS X such as Snow Leopard and Lion).
Old 2012-03-06, 01:38   Link #4
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
When you say that you studied software programming, do you mean, like... you majored in it in college? I can't really get a good grasp of how experienced you are in programming, but it sounds like you're not far enough along yet to have an easy time with it.
No I mean I took courses in different kinds of programs and I still suck at coding.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:40   Link #5
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
First off, get yourself a good book on Objective C before diving into Cocoa. Objective C from experience is a subset of C that takes some aspects from Smalltalk. if you know Java, it holds some similarities, except the syntax is slightly different.

For the book you should be looking for: Programing in Objective-C 2.0. It will tell you everything what you need to program in it. Be aware that you still have to do memory management, although Apple made this automatic in the recent versions of Xcode (but only supported in the recent versions of Mac OS X such as Snow Leopard and Lion).

well I see books lack excitement I get bored easily so I watch videos , but ill try looking for the book you mention it, Yeah I know about the memory release thing.