AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-13, 22:44   Link #141
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
I wouldn't think on it too much. Madara and the First have grown in power since chapter 1 - remember how the Third was the "god of shinobi" and the "strongest Hokage?" Remember how Suiryuudan was the omfgwtfbbq of jutsu?
In the most technical of senses, nothing has directly contradicted the claims regarding the Third - all comparisons of Hashirama to other shinobi has been done to the ones alive today. Not that it changes how inflated the purported powers of Madara and Hashirama have become over the course of the manga. I think it was somewhat inevitable with ninja powers getting flashy to the point of producing a character like Pain, though.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 23:31   Link #142
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
I wouldn't think on it too much. Madara and the First have grown in power since chapter 1 - remember how the Third was the "god of shinobi" and the "strongest Hokage?" Remember how Suiryuudan was the omfgwtfbbq of jutsu?
when is it said sarutobi was the strongest hokage? I remember it being known as minato. I thought even the 3rd said that.

lol at the water dragons. at least shadow clones held up pretty well
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 23:41   Link #143
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
And the usefulness of Substitution has faded into obscurity.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 00:10   Link #144
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Chapter 576 thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:57   Link #145
Shining Celebi
a
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
when is it said sarutobi was the strongest hokage? I remember it being known as minato. I thought even the 3rd said that.

lol at the water dragons. at least shadow clones held up pretty well
Chapter 94. Iruka tells his students that "the Third was said to be the strongest of all the Hokage," and Hiruzen gets irate with him for using the past tense.

During the conversation prior to that, Hiruzen and Anko agree that if the Fourth were still alive, he would be a match for Orochimaru, and that Hiruzen most likely no longer is. Over time, people have turned that into "the Third said the Fourth was the strongest."

I guess another thing that's changed immensely is that Hiruzen was said to be virtually crippled by his old age, everyone kept bringing it up, and yet old people in Part 2 are still uberstrong - the Raikage, the Tsuchikage, etc.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:34   Link #146
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Chapter 94. Iruka tells his students that "the Third was said to be the strongest of all the Hokage," and Hiruzen gets irate with him for using the past tense.

During the conversation prior to that, Hiruzen and Anko agree that if the Fourth were still alive, he would be a match for Orochimaru, and that Hiruzen most likely no longer is. Over time, people have turned that into "the Third said the Fourth was the strongest."

I guess another thing that's changed immensely is that Hiruzen was said to be virtually crippled by his old age, everyone kept bringing it up, and yet old people in Part 2 are still uberstrong - the Raikage, the Tsuchikage, etc.
right on. thanks for pointing it out. yea, it seems that the 3rd is victim to several retcons. the latest of which is how strong madara is making hashirama sound. you are right when you say that older ninja were severely weakened back in the older manga and now they seem to get stronger with age despite having a weak body. oonoki just keeps on using extremely powerful techs despite his 'bad back'
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.