AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-16, 11:26   Link #761
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
You don't seem to realize that Bleach (and I can guess even Fairy Tail) were taken off the air because the anime had caught up with the manga, and there was no more material to animate.
this sounds like total bs. any source on this? it's pretty well known that bleach's ratings were plummeting and that the fullbring arc in the manga was a total failure
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:01   Link #762
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
As you can see here (or you can do the math yourself if you don't trust it), the Bleach anime was only 6 chapters behind the manga when it stopped airing. That is enough manga material for 2 or 3 more canon episodes. So it's fairly obvious that the studio decided to take the anime off the air instead of going on a 2+ years filler streak.
And as you can see here, the ratings weren't plummeting. They had been on a steady decline over the last 100 or so episodes, but they were still in the 1.5/2% range when the series stop airing, which I don't believe is considered disastrous (many anime series can't even reach those numbers, as far as I know).
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 15:45   Link #763
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
As you can see here (or you can do the math yourself if you don't trust it), the Bleach anime was only 6 chapters behind the manga when it stopped airing. That is enough manga material for 2 or 3 more canon episodes. So it's fairly obvious that the studio decided to take the anime off the air instead of going on a 2+ years filler streak.
And as you can see here, the ratings weren't plummeting. They had been on a steady decline over the last 100 or so episodes, but they were still in the 1.5/2% range when the series stop airing, which I don't believe is considered disastrous (many anime series can't even reach those numbers, as far as I know).
sub 2.5% for daytime anime equal being cancelled, for late night anime it's irrelevant as they depend on disc sales.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 15:48   Link #764
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Actually no, only the first episode of July is confirmed to be filler so far. Even though it is possible the entire month will be.


You don't seem to realize that Bleach (and I can guess even Fairy Tail) were taken off the air because the anime had caught up with the manga, and there was no more material to animate. Naruto right now is doing tons of fillers so it doesn't catch up with the manga, so it doesn't risk to get taken off the air.
Fillers don't pose any threat to the show well-being (Japanese TV ratings do just fine even during fillers), not doing enough fillers does. Go read my last post about the tweet by the series director.
BWAHAHAHAHA, Bleach and Fairy Tail were cancelled because of terrible ratings and the corresponding drop in merchandise sales neither series will ever return as a daytime anime. If the ratings had stayed high both series would still be on air regardless of how much filler that required.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 15:56   Link #765
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
sub 2.5% for daytime anime equal being cancelled, for late night anime it's irrelevant as they depend on disc sales.
By that reasoning Shippuden should have been canceled already, since it's hoovering that low right now.
To me you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about, and are just repeating the stuff that uninformed fans come up with on the forums. Feel free to prove me wrong by posting some facts.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 21:00   Link #766
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
If the ratings had stayed high both series would still be on air regardless of how much filler that required.
ah, refreshing logic also, just an fyi to neshru, they canceled bleach abruptly and rushed the final handful of episodes in the fullbring arc. in other words, it had nothing to do with catching up to the manga since they purposely sped the pace up to fit the budget cut
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 05:31   Link #767
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
fyi to neshru, they canceled bleach abruptly and rushed the final handful of episodes in the fullbring arc. in other words, it had nothing to do with catching up to the manga since they purposely sped the pace up to fit the budget cut
They did, but it's not like those last 3-4 rushed episodes used up to 10 manga chapters each. In other words, the manga gap was already ridiculously small before those last rushed episodes. They probably had a change of mind, they went from "ok, we're ready for 2 years of uninterrupted filler" to "no screw it, that's a stupid idea. We're taking the show off the air for the moment".
It's very possible that the ratings of the show at the time influenced their decision, but it's undeniable (unless you insist on ignoring facts, like I know you love to do) that at the time there was no more manga material to animate, and the show was in for years of filler.

Watch the show be back on air as soon as Shippuden is done, or even sooner (though not too son, cause right now the manga/anime gap is still small, smaller than even Shippuden's current gap).
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 13:27   Link #768
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
(unless you insist on ignoring facts, like I know you love to do)
lol oh you... fact of the matter is that they could have done a long filler arc if they wanted to and had the ratings to justify it. i'm assuming you've seen bleach before despite your nonsensical comments, so you should know they are no stranger to long filler arcs. if you can recall the FKT arc, they are also no stranger to stopping a canon story in the middle for a long filler arc to space out the manga. so, like i keep trying to tell you (admittedly a waste of time on my part) the gap between show and manga makes absolutely no difference. they have always pumped in major filler arcs to let the manga get a good lead, whether it's at the end of a canon arc or in the middle

Quote:
Watch the show be back on air as soon as Shippuden is done, or even sooner (though not too son, cause right now the manga/anime gap is still small, smaller than even Shippuden's current gap).
i have no doubt the show will return, but i think it will be more like an FMA style show. story packed episodes in about a 64 episode run to finish the series. i doubt it will come back in a long drawn out format with extensive fillers again
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 14:09   Link #769
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
That's exactly the point: besides doing incredibly long filler arcs increasingly often, they still got to the point where the anime story line was on par with the manga. It's pretty clear they got to the point where the situation was truly unmanageable besides their best efforts.
At any rate, I'm still waiting for any of you to link me a believable source that states the kind of ratings Bleach was getting were enough to get the show off the air.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 15:32   Link #770
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
That's exactly the point: besides doing incredibly long filler arcs increasingly often, they still got to the point where the anime story line was on par with the manga. It's pretty clear they got to the point where the situation was truly unmanageable besides their best efforts.
At any rate, I'm still waiting for any of you to link me a believable source that states the kind of ratings Bleach was getting were enough to get the show off the air.

link to forum post

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/bb...c.php?t=217047

*1.9%(*2.7%) 04/16 (Mon) 7:30pm-8:00pm TV Tokyo FAIRY TAIL

*1.8%(*2.9%) 04/14 (Thu) 6:00pm-6:30pm TV Tokyo Sket Dance

*1.6%(*2.2%) 04/12 (Tue) 6:00pm-6:30pm TV Tokyo BLEACH

The cancellation trio.

Link to main article with links to both next and previous weeks with extended listings in the forum.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ng-april-11-17

The extended lists were placed behind a paywall in december 2012 the last extended listing is here

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/bb....php?t=1317084
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 17:00   Link #771
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
All I see there is a bunch of ratings. That doesn't answer my question.

From those links I see many shows with similar ratings airing at similar time slots. Were those shows pulled too?
Besides a bunch of random rating samples, what do you have to back up the idea that those shows were pulled specifically because of the ratings?

Last edited by neshru; 2013-06-17 at 17:17.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 22:51   Link #772
azenable
President of TecoT
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
All I see there is a bunch of ratings. That doesn't answer my question.

From those links I see many shows with similar ratings airing at similar time slots. Were those shows pulled too?
Besides a bunch of random rating samples, what do you have to back up the idea that those shows were pulled specifically because of the ratings?
No, actually the true is, they got cancelled because you didn't pay for watching.
Any the writer un motivated to come up with good plots now cause you didn't buy their managa.

azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 23:18   Link #773
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
While the rating most certainly played a crucial role to why Bleach may have gotten cancelled by TV Tokyo, it still could have stayed on the air like Naruto if the show was generating enough fan interest in other fronts like manga, merchandising, and etc. Unlike many other low rating shows that usually air late night, Bleach also had a prime-time slots. So yeah, those are pretty good evidence that points out to some of the more obvious reason why Bleach was cancelled.

As for the topic itself, anything good is happening in Shippuden?
__________________
Eat and sleep! Sig by RRW.
Nanatsu no Taizai! Why haven't you watched it?
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 04:52   Link #774
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
While the rating most certainly played a crucial role to why Bleach may have gotten cancelled by TV Tokyo, it still could have stayed on the air like Naruto if the show was generating enough fan interest in other fronts like manga, merchandising, and etc. Unlike many other low rating shows that usually air late night, Bleach also had a prime-time slots. So yeah, those are pretty good evidence that points out to some of the more obvious reason why Bleach was cancelled.
Ratings may have played a part, as could have other circumstances that we don't know about. But I don't think any sane person would call coincidence the fact that the show stopped just as the manga material ran out. Because that would be a pretty fucking huge coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
As for the topic itself, anything good is happening in Shippuden?
Nothing worth watching for one reason of another. Canon may be back in July or August, but at this point August is looking more likely.

I think the only recent interesting thing related to the series is this tweet by series director Hayato Date.

Last edited by neshru; 2013-06-18 at 08:51. Reason: spelling
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 06:46   Link #775
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
I don't watch the anime all the time,and was curious about what has the most influence on what continues.For instance Dragonball manga ended and it's anime continued (for a point until they revised the manga).Then Bleach ended it's anime while the manga continues.At the end of the day i'm sure the money speaks loudest.And i think i just answered my own question,money is probably the only decider.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 11:01   Link #776
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Ratings may have played a part, as could have other circumstances that we don't know about. But I don't think any sane person would call coincidence the fact that the show stopped just as the manga material ran out. Because that would be a pretty fucking huge coincidence.
what's insane is getting hung up on an idea and absolutely refusing to change your mind despite whatever evidence and logic is presented. basically you are assuming a long running series got cancelled because they couldn't time their material properly and ran out... after many years of producing the show... that's insane buddy. there's no way that is what happened. the fullbring arc was massively unpopular and there was no sign that this current arc would be any better. fans lost interest. that's why it was canceled. plain and simple
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 06:23   Link #777
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Episode 318 hey Bee's predecessor shows up maybe we will something interesting....nope it's just Naruto vs Sora changed to Bee vs Fukai what a damn waste!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:07   Link #778
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Episode 318 hey Bee's predecessor shows up maybe we will something interesting....nope it's just Naruto vs Sora changed to Bee vs Fukai what a damn waste!
now why did you have to go and remind me of sora? i only check this thread to see if the anime is done with the filler. please have mercy lol
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:14   Link #779
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So we got to see Bee after a while.
Fukai vs Bee. That was kinda interesting.
Flashbacks to the past filled up the story nicely.
Guess they're continuing with side character stories.
__________________

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:04   Link #780
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
26 episodes canon 1 a manga side story and 31 episodes filler that's how long this war has lasted and I thought in the manga it was long, boring and drawn out!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.