AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-03, 22:02   Link #261
oDin01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
For those who watched episode 9. Was the movie Joe and the guy were watching based on a real live-action movie. For some reason those scenes looked familer to another movie.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 22:14   Link #262
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
I got my episode 8 RAW, donno if I wan't to try watching though eeeek....
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 22:40   Link #263
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Like Daphne, this series has really went beyond the supposed fanservice facade and entertained!
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 06:37   Link #264
Carpe Jugulum
Kessen Satsu
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chester, England
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Carpe Jugulum Send a message via MSN to Carpe Jugulum
what show were you guys watching ?? after the first 3 mins i was nearly crying at just how badly they used CG, it was nearly as bad as a couple of scenes from full metal panic
il prob watch it seeing as you guys seem to rate so highly of it but i think its a shame about the CG
Carpe Jugulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 12:59   Link #265
jennwenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: good 'ole US of A
I haven't been watching BakuTen, so I only just realized this:

Forget the Asuka/Rei rip-offs, the characters are based on "Little Women" by Lousia May Alcott!

Little Women has four sisters:
Meg - oldest, motherly
Jo - main character, 2nd oldest, strong
Beth - next oldest, sweet-tempered, shy, sickly
Amy - the "ditz" of the March sisters, youngest, spoiled

Poor Beth gets cut out and replaced by Sei. Heh, not fanservicy enough? Alcott is turning in her grave!!! Why "Little Women"?! Are there any other similarities aside from the names?
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 14:40   Link #266
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
I haven't been watching BakuTen, so I only just realized this:

Forget the Asuka/Rei rip-offs, the characters are based on "Little Women" by Lousia May Alcott!

Little Women has four sisters:
Meg - oldest, motherly
Jo - main character, 2nd oldest, strong
Beth - next oldest, sweet-tempered, shy, sickly
Amy - the "ditz" of the March sisters, youngest, spoiled

Poor Beth gets cut out and replaced by Sei. Heh, not fanservicy enough? Alcott is turning in her grave!!! Why "Little Women"?! Are there any other similarities aside from the names?

Hahaha!! I can see it, but it's still wrong. Amy isn't really a ditz, she's actually pretty smart, but is the youngest. Ummm everything else yea seems to fit, but it's still a good show ;p
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:30   Link #267
ArcHawk
Expand your world...
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I like Amy. I was afraid I was going to hate her character (typical bratty kid) but she's pretty funny. She's got some goofy facial expresions and I love how she teases Meg constantly and how she's warmed up to Kyouhei's cooking.

Anyways, looks like my BakuTen sabatical hell comes to an end tonight with AonE's release of episode 7. Woot!
__________________
ArcHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 00:03   Link #268
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcHawk
I like Amy. I was afraid I was going to hate her character (typical bratty kid) but she's pretty funny. She's got some goofy facial expresions and I love how she teases Meg constantly and how she's warmed up to Kyouhei's cooking.

Anyways, looks like my BakuTen sabatical hell comes to an end tonight with AonE's release of episode 7. Woot!
The ending was sort of surprising

Spoiler:
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 00:43   Link #269
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Whoa check out episode 10.

I think it is a "resting" episode for the girls but Amy gets the prime focus here.

Spoiler:
However I thought the "protruding nips" were the monopoly of Meg but now we know why Sei wears that blue vest

Also I didn't know Meg could look like that!? Oh my...

Did they get another animator, even Amy acquired a few new expressions?

Oh the poor musician
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 18:32   Link #270
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
I just paid a visit to the Gonzo website a while go and learnt that there's in planning to produce an OAV episode for Baku-Ten.

When this OAV will be released is yet to be confirmed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 23:28   Link #271
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I just paid a visit to the Gonzo website a while go and learnt that there's in planning to produce an OAV episode for Baku-Ten.

When this OAV will be released is yet to be confirmed.
It seems like it'll be released after the series is completed, so I guess we should be more concerned about where the series is headed first...

Anyway, Ep 8 is great. Looking forward for more.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 01:06   Link #272
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Episode 8 was cool, enjoyed it a lot, slight disappointment though:

Spoiler:
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 01:30   Link #273
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
Episode 8 was cool, enjoyed it a lot, slight disappointment though:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 01:55   Link #274
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler:

Whoops!!! My bad, been too long since the last ep ;p

So what exactly was Sei trying to accomplish in the last two episodes?

Spoiler:
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 02:23   Link #275
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
Whoops!!! My bad, been too long since the last ep ;p

So what exactly was Sei trying to accomplish in the last two episodes?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 02:40   Link #276
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 02:50   Link #277
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 03:02   Link #278
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:

Grrr.... I want episode 9 now!!!
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 18:00   Link #279
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Episode 8 substantially achieved on Kyouhei what I explained in my first post.

Kyouhei has finally begun to understand the reality of the situation he was thrown into. Due to that, he managed to grasp an insight of Jo's worries and concerns.

Spoiler:


Oh, Boy! It was never easy for Kyouhei to get along with Jo's temper during the previous six episodes, but in this episode he managed to did the unlikely: earn Jo's respect by himself.

I think Kyouhei's strength lies within his good-will purpose and honest virtue to help others when they are in trouble or desperate.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 20:00   Link #280
LowT
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I didnt like it too much. Great animtion-but the story and everything else gets a bit boring.

the attempt at comedy is pretty bad so all you really have going for it is the animation(which is very good) and the battle scenes(which aren't above average).

Meh- matter of opinion I guess.
LowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.