AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-18, 07:33   Link #141
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Ahem... From Ep 1:

JO is how they spell it in the anime. Call it a mixup by Gonzo.

Maybe you should call all of Chrno Crusade by gonzo a big mix up where you see characters names and town name change spelling on screen in the same episode.

Take Care
Sakaki-

and the leechers too, they're the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 12:34   Link #142
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... have you watched Lunar's release of baku-ten 2? How could "Ah, I seerebrum" be a play on the word "cerebrum"? what does "Ah, I seerebrum" mean anyway? It sounds like you haven't really watched it and are just "guessing" stuffs here?
I did watch the whole episode and I was just like WTH when I saw that sub after Meg was saying that the cybot has a brain in it to Jo...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 13:00   Link #143
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Yep, I was also like "WTF?" when watching that line, I was replying to Lucier's post of "a play on the word cerebrum"...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 13:46   Link #144
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I feel a little sorry for that idiot cook boy. It's not his fault that they were in that predicament. Joe got pissed at him for no real good reason.

They should be more honest when putting up an ad saying something like "looking for a cook that don't mind working in a hazardous environment in which violent death can come knocking at any time. Great pay, great service".

Regardless, Joe looks really good when she's angry.
Old 2004-04-18, 21:02   Link #145
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki-
Maybe you should call all of Chrno Crusade by gonzo a big mix up where you see characters names and town name change spelling on screen in the same episode.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Well, I think that *ALL* studios make mistakes...
KGNE had disappearing shoes...
PIANO, one scene I remember had signs, and the next scene they were all gone (after just a camera angle change...)

Even the anime creation studies can't be expected to be perfect 100% of the time... no one can XD...

Thats why I find it strange that people (Mr. Jedinight in particular) would complain about the spelling of a name, which is abritrary in the first place... (assuming nothing was written, Jo or Joe or Joo or whatever could all be considered acceptable...)

though, that's just my thoughts...
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 11:22   Link #146
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Well, I think that *ALL* studios make mistakes...
KGNE had disappearing shoes...
PIANO, one scene I remember had signs, and the next scene they were all gone (after just a camera angle change...)

Even the anime creation studies can't be expected to be perfect 100% of the time... no one can XD...

Thats why I find it strange that people (Mr. Jedinight in particular) would complain about the spelling of a name, which is abritrary in the first place... (assuming nothing was written, Jo or Joe or Joo or whatever could all be considered acceptable...)

though, that's just my thoughts...
I couldn't agree more. One error isn't a drama, alot of errors now that is annoying. And the name thingie isn't a disaster as long as everyone sticks to it and doesn't change the name halfway through the series (Besides in Scrapped Princess all groups had completely different spellings for the names). Good work Lunar, keep it up !

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 20:32   Link #147
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I couldn't agree more. One error isn't a drama, alot of errors now that is annoying. And the name thingie isn't a disaster as long as everyone sticks to it and doesn't change the name halfway through the series (Besides in Scrapped Princess all groups had completely different spellings for the names). Good work Lunar, keep it up !

Very true, but the thing is...if "Joe" should really end up as the "official" name, then i still wouldn't use it because it just feels completely FALSE
You will find errors in every single show out there, it's just that some are more obvious than others and up until now i didn't see too many in Baku Ten, which is a very positive aspect so far.
Old 2004-04-21, 01:56   Link #148
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Jo looks better + it says Jo *IN* the episode...
The site designer probably just misunderstood...

Mr. Jedinight, perhaps you should research more yourself before attacking our hard work...
Sorry if I have a thing against speed-subbers... btw 1 semester of Japanese, a dictionary, and a Japanese roommate to bug doesn't make a translator *cough*
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 04:13   Link #149
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Lunar's basis...

Mr. JediNight:

I, for one, will never be a speed subber...
You, of course, are entitled to your opinions... but when founding Lunar, I did it to do subbing "well"...

We always put QUALITY first! To put quality ANYthing but first would be a insult to the anime itself, as well as its creators!

Unlike some, we're not in this for fame/credit... we don't even have individual credits in our episodes...
We do this for the anime, and because we enjoy it...
Whether things come out fast (PMK/Bakuten) or slow (Daphne, Mizu iro Jidai...)... we always do our best to do as well of a job as we can...
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 17:08   Link #150
rorosama

Quote:
Mr. JediNight:

You, of course, are entitled to your opinions... but when founding Lunar, I did it to do subbing "well"...

We always put QUALITY first! To put quality ANYthing but first would be a insult to the anime itself, as well as its creators!

Unlike some, we're not in this for fame/credit... we don't even have individual credits in our episodes...
Whether things come out fast (PMK/Bakuten) or slow (Daphne, Mizu iro Jidai...)... we always do our best to do as well of a job as we can...
Well lucifer, i'm glad you do fansub shows like peacemeaker and bakuten. I download them every week. Thanks a bunch fo subbing them! If people don't like youir subbing then they shouldn't download. So they should stop bitching.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 18:19   Link #151
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

quality is good, spending a month on quality is bad. the anbu version of naruto 78 took like 4 weeks because someone spent all the time creating a 'cool' kareoke effect for intro/outro. Other quality groups also oversub the darn thing. Like airmaster 22 "aite ga chigau wa yo", darkanime had it simply as "you are looking at the wrong person" and hqa&aone had it as "you are backing up the wrong tree". wtf
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 20:57   Link #152
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Episode 3 is good and seems to set up the begining of an overall plot.

But...

Spoiler:

Entertaining episode.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 23:20   Link #153
rorosama

I thought she would be a useful sidekick for jo but from what you said she seems to be the useless damsel in distrss. Well, i hope Sei can fight or jo will be the only action we can see.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 23:31   Link #154
Patapi

Quote:
Mr. JediNight:

I say Amen to you. I used to be in a fansub Group and I left because of people constantly complaining about little petty issues like a small spelling mistake here and there and so on, instead of appriciating me putting my free time into subbing anime that they could download for free while I was not getting paid fo all the work I did. It completely turned me off anime all together for about a year. However I am starting to get back into it, and I will never fansub again that is for sure.

So my advice, is just do what you want and have fun, But I suggest getting out of fansubbing before it ruins anime for you, if people are constantly dumping on you for stupid issues like spelling mistakes or you're too slow releasesing eps. Hopefully people will smarten up when they start loosing good fansubbers because they can't handle JO instead of JOE.

Personally if I can get the main story idea, and understand what is going on, and there is not a ton of artifacts obscuring the picture so that I can't see what is going on, I am a happy camper.
Patapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 02:41   Link #155
JediNight
キズランダム

Welcome back Patapi! Indeed I haven't seen you around in a long time. Animeco seems to be somewhat alive still too
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:54   Link #156
Patapi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Welcome back Patapi! Indeed I haven't seen you around in a long time. Animeco seems to be somewhat alive still too
Hello, And as you can tell from my post I have nothing to do with AnimeCo anymore. I don't Fansub and never will again. And I also have no fansubber loyalty either. I just download what I like, If I find one version better then I stick to that for the rest of the series. I am afraid to post on these kinds of boards because I do not want to be associated with AnimeCo anymore.
Patapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 00:52   Link #157
USCPharmacist

Haha, Meg is so useless you wonder if it will be better if she doesn't tag along so Jo will finish the mission in 5 minutes. Then again maybe Meg sole function is to stop Jo from massacreing everyone in site. I guess if Jo and meg are couple then Meg is the annoying girlfriend that never let the guy alone for 5 minutes type heheeh.

Also while Meg is useless, the cook is even more useless, don't you think? I think Sei should just get a robot to cook for her or better yet get an Iron cheft ehhhe and I doubt I'll enjoy the serie any less. Unless of course the cook turn out to be able to produce light hawk wings or some shit like that.....ok that's a bad joke.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 01:30   Link #158
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Episode 3 is good and seems to set up the begining of an overall plot.

But...

Spoiler:
Exactly! The episode itself was quite good, but I started to hate Megs whining.
Its like GONZO take overall character designs from Evangelion, but mixed up their personality.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 02:31   Link #159
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I think the cook is more than what he seems, or he serves as 3rd person narrator who is reduced to a bystander to rather exceptional group of people.
Old 2004-04-23, 02:37   Link #160
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol, I actually love the Meg character even more after episode 3, now she's not the stereotypical "sassy girlfriend" type.

Quote:
Its like GONZO take overall character designs from Evangelion, but mixed up their personality
I'm not sure what you mean here... is there a comedic relief character in EVA? Hmm... do you mean Meg got the personality of PENPEN?

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-04-23 at 02:53.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote