AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-23, 14:05   Link #61
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
He said that because now it looks like he's lying.

Precisely. Whether he knew the Straw-Hats were there were not, it doesn't really matter now because he realized that he phrased his answer to Smoker's accusations poorly, which just raised MORE suspicion on him. No matter how cool and relaxed Law may be, he's still as capable of making mistakes as any other human.....



BTW, it sure will be amusing to see how many more characters Law will use his heart-swapping trick on. Will he even use that tactic against Smoker and Tashigi!?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 15:30   Link #62
golgo13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Precisely. Whether he knew the Straw-Hats were there were not, it doesn't really matter now because he realized that he phrased his answer to Smoker's accusations poorly, which just raised MORE suspicion on him. No matter how cool and relaxed Law may be, he's still as capable of making mistakes as any other human.....



BTW, it sure will be amusing to see how many more characters Law will use his heart-swapping trick on. Will he even use that tactic against Smoker and Tashigi!?
Yep. Whether he knew could indicate relationships with the other groups though.

You know I don't really get this heart trick. Why do it?
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 15:40   Link #63
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
You know I don't really get this heart trick. Why do it?
Sanji is in Nami's body. What other reason do we need?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:19   Link #64
golgo13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Sanji is in Nami's body. What other reason do we need?
Well you do have a point.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:29   Link #65
Aesthetic Shampoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Forget why, HOW did he do it? Switching people's hearts won't exactly transfer their consciousness over as well...
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:43   Link #66
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
He said that because now it looks like he's lying.
Maybe it looks like hes lying because he was lying.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:49   Link #67
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Maybe it looks like hes lying because he was lying.
Nope. He said they weren't on the island, believing it. But all of a sudden the strawhats came rushing out, and that's why he said that - because now he's looking like a liar.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:56   Link #68
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
I also don't see how the change of heart thing is supposed to be an offensive against them, other than the case where he sincerely thinks he can quickly dispense with Smoker and get back to them, since they would (?) be slowed down a bit by the need to adapt to the new bodies.

But he could just as easily have removed their legs to stop them from moving, so...
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 19:13   Link #69
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Nope. He said they weren't on the island, believing it. But all of a sudden the strawhats came rushing out, and that's why he said that - because now he's looking like a liar.
Like I said where is the proof? Or is this just your 'feeling' or 'intuition'?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 19:59   Link #70
raziel16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Forget why, HOW did he do it? Switching people's hearts won't exactly transfer their consciousness over as well...
Maybe he's switching their brain as well?

Anyway, Smoker did said to Tashingi "you won't be able to take it with your level of haki" which mean Law's abilities can be negated "if" you have high level haki. I guess that could be means:

- Sanji didn't have time to protect himself with haki or
- Sanji isn't that good with haki after all

Well, seeing the end result, I guess he won't regret the decision of not protecting himself with haki
raziel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 20:51   Link #71
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I also don't see how the change of heart thing is supposed to be an offensive against them, other than the case where he sincerely thinks he can quickly dispense with Smoker and get back to them, since they would (?) be slowed down a bit by the need to adapt to the new bodies.

But he could just as easily have removed their legs to stop them from moving, so...
Logic, friend.

He doesn't want anyone leaving the island.
Now they can't leave the island until Law fixes them.
This makes sure they won't be willing to leave the island now.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:37   Link #72
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
The exciting new information is that apparrently strong enough Haki can nulify the fruit abilities. This means those fruits that affect others like the Noro Noro Beam or law's ability are useless at higher levels?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:51   Link #73
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
The exciting new information is that apparrently strong enough Haki can nulify the fruit abilities. This means those fruits that affect others like the Noro Noro Beam or law's ability are useless at higher levels?
Unless of course the DF user's own Haki is enough to stop the...nullifying Haki.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 01:06   Link #74
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Not nullify.. but defend against I would say.

And its not new information.. we always new color of armaments could defend against attacks.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 01:25   Link #75
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Forget why, HOW did he do it? Switching people's hearts won't exactly transfer their consciousness over as well...
well if I took reference from what I've read at area no kishi

it's possible that human's consciousness is deeply engraved into one's heart
__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 06:09   Link #76
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Forget why, HOW did he do it? Switching people's hearts won't exactly transfer their consciousness over as well...
Don't take the images too literally, its not like he was switching their cardiac muscles.

Oda needs to show in a single panel as clearly as he can on how Law can switch even people's consciousness and personalities, which metaphorically can be called people's hearts.

This is to show that Law's ability can not only affect the physical but even the intangible or conceptual, like how Kuma can move pain from one body to the next. Now I won't be surprised if Kuma can remove personalities and Law can remove pain, especially for Law since he's a surgeon.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-03-24 at 06:51.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:21   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
The mangaka has never been one for hard realism (see Diable Jembe).

Hearts are shaped like hearts, and when switched, also takes their personalities along.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:23   Link #78
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Maybe it looks like hes lying because he was lying.

OR maybe...... just maybe, he was too wrapped up in whatever shady business he was handling at that time to take notice of any intruders before Smoker's arrival. And seeing as the "master" of those satyr guys showed no indication so far that he was working with Law, would you mind elaborating why that isn't a possibility?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:55   Link #79
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
OR maybe...... just maybe, he was too wrapped up in whatever shady business he was handling at that time to take notice of any intruders before Smoker's arrival. And seeing as the "master" of those satyr guys showed no indication so far that he was working with Law, would you mind elaborating why that isn't a possibility?
Oh I'm not saying its not a possibility, what you (and some others) are saying is definitely possible but I find it slightly more probable that Law knew and is lying. I don't really see any justification at all (Law's facial expression? maybe..) for what you are saying.. we know Law is a tricky bastard, and it seems to fit if he is the one responsible (along with M) for the strange events that are happening on the island. For one, his power makes it possible to swap the body parts of animals and humans.. which would explain the centaurs, harpies etc. And if they were his lackeys, than he would know that Luffy was on the island for sure. Which would mean that he was lying.

So now its your turn.. why are you assuming that Law is being honest?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:12   Link #80
golgo13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: cali
Anybody else think brownbeard was always a centaur?? He hasn't really done much during the TS, his bounty basically stayed the same. No way he will fight the SH given his reaction, they either do a temporary alliance or get one shot KO'd.

Really wanna see zoro fight the samurai, he seems pretty strong.
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.