AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-04-07, 08:57   Link #1
noor
Genin

Send a message via Yahoo to noor
BitTorrent tormentation !

in singapore where i study, there have been lots on students who have been tracked and fined a large sum of money. The reason behind being that BitTorrent use allows authorities to track down the IP address and from there hone on to the users. Consequently, a whole bunch of BitTorrent users were hunted ths way. I've become a member of Animesuki n Narutofan and i wish to dload the latest episodes using bitTorrent. I want to know whether there is way to evict the authority... . id b waiting for anybody's reply. thanx
noor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 09:09   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb

The quick answer: No.

There is no sensible way to hide your actions with bit torrent -- it would use too much bandwidth to be worth it. It would be quite easy for those with the right equipment and business connections / legal power to trace your BitTorrent download activity. To start with you only need to connect to a torrent to get a list of IP addresses... BitTorrent was never designed for anonymity and I don't see it ever trying to cater to those who want to download in secret. Chances are the people you mention were sharing mostly wares and movies -- content that is likely to attract the attention of the copyright holder and cause legal problems for the user and the user's ISP. The anime we download via BitTorrent is far from legal, but so far it hasn't provoked the powers that be in Japan into action.

PS. Wrong forum for such a question
(I've moved the thread for you...)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 09:22   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

You could mask your usage of BT or any other sharing application. Just forward ports to another computer (preferbly with a lot of bw) via SSH/ssl tunnel and sit back and download (it will look like server is downloading). Many of my friends install ssl tunnels at school and warez from home via tunnel.
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 09:27   Link #4
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Like I said no sensible way; you'd have to really want the files to warrent the extra bandwidth. Unless it isn't your bandwidth of course... but thats just rude. There is also the potential for a "paper trail" on the server doing the forwarding... Someone serious enough could probably find evidence of your actions.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 10:10   Link #5
noor
Genin

Send a message via Yahoo to noor
Talking arigatou

thanx !!!!!!!!!!!

being a junior, i need 2 learn d tricks of d trade. thanx a lot 2 y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Like I said no sensible way; you'd have to really want the files to warrent the extra bandwidth. Unless it isn't your bandwidth of course... but thats just rude. There is also the potential for a "paper trail" on the server doing the forwarding... Someone serious enough could probably find evidence of your actions.
noor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 07:18   Link #6
dmg022

In Singapore? I didn't know that. I live in Singapore..and now I'm beginning to get afraid...My friends and I have been downloading for a long time but nothing happens.......can u list a few examples of what happened with your friends..?
dmg022 is offline   Reply With Quote