AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-26, 08:00   Link #101
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
agreement? with the group doing the manga?

toradora.... hmmm
Momo = Taiga
Midori = Minori
Azuki = Ami

toradoraish?
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 06:12   Link #102
kobester11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Take a wild guess
Having read what you wrote lare, i was enlightened.
A perfect example would be Oregairu. That LN has great reviews, it showcases quirky character interactions, issues in society and etc. It became so famous that the MC even made it into 4th place of being the most popular character in the LN category. Normally, this would be suitable of being an anime, with it's hit novel I'm sure it's gonna be the next toradora/haruhi in the recent years.

Then the anime came, having read the novels it's pretty much "okay" for me. But for some people, some have positive reviews but mostly they have negative reviews of it.
Long story short, some LN/manga can't be adapted to another. Sometimes, things are just fine on just the way they already are.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 01:14   Link #103
PerfectScore
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
I predict that Naoki is going to get really close to Midori, but she finds Momo cosplaying (activating Midori's otaku hating nature), thus Naoki seeing how much of a bitch Midori is, and abandons her (for Momo, but I'm shipping for Azuki). Aside from that, does anyone have any updates on the new volume?

Last edited by PerfectScore; 2013-05-09 at 01:09.
PerfectScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:51   Link #104
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post

Then the anime came, having read the novels it's pretty much "okay" for me. But for some people, some have positive reviews but mostly they have negative reviews of it.
Long story short, some LN/manga can't be adapted to another. Sometimes, things are just fine on just the way they already are.
I haven't watched the anime yet of oregairu but I'm downloading it. I'm also not familiar with the novel of it but I heard its good. I read the manga but its only 3 or 4 chapter yet when I last check.

From what I gather on the adaptation. It looks like Hachiman is lacking in his quirk. The selling points of that series isn't captured as a whole by the studio. I gather that shaft would do good at that type of series.

It probably depends on the studio on how good the adaptation would be. Some of the light novel adaptation that I watched are horrible bad that its funny but still I detest it as an adaptation. While some studio do good on it and they do justify the work. So it all ends with the staff and studio doing the job.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 08:50   Link #105
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Drama CD cast:
Naoki : shimazaki nobunaga
Momo : yamamoto nozomi
Midori : saitou chiwa
Azuki : fukuen misato
murasaki : harada hitomi
Suzuki : kishio daisuke
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:22   Link #106
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Drama CD cast:
Naoki : shimazaki nobunaga
Momo : yamamoto nozomi
Midori : saitou chiwa
Azuki : fukuen misato
murasaki : harada hitomi
Suzuki : kishio daisuke
Chiwa Saitou as Midori, that's really a great choice, but Saori Hayami could've worked to. It's really strange that Momo didn't get Ayana Taketatsu or Rie Kugimiya because I think that they can work with that kind of character. The rest looks good, need to have a listen to see where this goes.
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 21:01   Link #107
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I already finished volume 7. It was really a good read that I'm almost tempted to translate the LN again

Spoilers
Spoiler for 7 end
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 21:18   Link #108
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
does midori know if naoki is a otaku and does she like him back? o.o
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 21:27   Link #109
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
does midori know if naoki is a otaku and does she like him back? o.o
Spoilers
Spoiler for reply
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT:
Drama CD Ad:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Drama CD Ad
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Last edited by larethian; 2013-06-24 at 21:39.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 22:46   Link #110
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
i thought midori is not that close to naoki since they never really interact much? is that a high chance of rejecting him?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 22:57   Link #111
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Man it's volume 7, they interacted a lot already, especially last couple of volumes. Feels really bad for Azuki though, she has the highest compatibility with Naoki, likes Naoki (though he doesn't know), and yet rooting for him to succeed with Midori.

As to the chances of Midori rejecting Naoki, I have no idea, but I think it's a little too sudden perhaps. He just got close to Midori to the point that she treats him as a very important friend.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 00:36   Link #112
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
^^ thx im rather go with naoki ending with azuki or midori i dont really like momo or the other girl xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 01:34   Link #113
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
color pages tease:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...190138#p190138
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 17:25   Link #114
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
^ thanks for the link to the thread.

its hard choose on who's to cheer. I just read the latest translated chapter of the manga which is so far I'm rooting for Momo (from what I read in the manga) but it looks like Azuki is also nice and vol 7 spoiler blows it all. Its like Midori is winning. I hope the author won't throw a curve ball that curve 180 degree like oreimo.

I bit more info for vol 7 lare. Just like what you did in vol 5 and what also happen in vol 6? I have no info in vol 6. I also check bt forum but no info there aside from the pictures of vol 7.

poor azuki.... its always the good pair for the mc that ended up in the short end of the stick. I haven't remember anything that I watched/read recently that the good girl or best pair ended up with the MC.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 18:54   Link #115
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Chiwa Saitou as Midori, that's really a great choice, but Saori Hayami could've worked to. It's really strange that Momo didn't get Ayana Taketatsu or Rie Kugimiya because I think that they can work with that kind of character. The rest looks good, need to have a listen to see where this goes.
Usually if a series gets an anime later the voice actors will be different than in the drama CD. So if there's going to be an anime then it's possible Ayana Taketatsu or Rie Kugimiya will voice Momo.

The LN has already reached 7 volumes so there should be an announcement of an anime by now. If the series won't last more than 10 volumes then it's possible the anime will be 2-cour and cover the entire series so they won't announce an anime until the LN is almost ending. But if this will end up lasting more than 10 volumes then we probably will get an announcement soon and it will be a 1-cour covering the first few volumes only.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:18   Link #116
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ thanks for the link to the thread.

its hard choose on who's to cheer. I just read the latest translated chapter of the manga which is so far I'm rooting for Momo (from what I read in the manga) but it looks like Azuki is also nice and vol 7 spoiler blows it all. Its like Midori is winning. I hope the author won't throw a curve ball that curve 180 degree like oreimo.

I bit more info for vol 7 lare. Just like what you did in vol 5 and what also happen in vol 6? I have no info in vol 6. I also check bt forum but no info there aside from the pictures of vol 7.

poor azuki.... its always the good pair for the mc that ended up in the short end of the stick. I haven't remember anything that I watched/read recently that the good girl or best pair ended up with the MC.
Sorry, I didn't really have time to do summaries, and also, I think few people would be interested.
In short for vol 6:
Spoilers
Spoiler for v6
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'll stop here for now, but to give a brief highlight
Spoilers
Spoiler for v7
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 11:46   Link #117
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Spoilers
Spoiler for v8 synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoilers
Spoiler for speculations of v8 based on synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 12:07   Link #118
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Ah..... poor Naoki........ but I think Midori is just confused. Go Azuki! I will cheer for you.

Btw thanks for the info lare. I wish to know more but I will just deal with what was given.

Vol 6. Naoki got lucky on snow white role
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 03:47   Link #119
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 20:02   Link #120
OkitaSadist12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
The Manga did not update I wonder why?

I love this series.

Reading the summaries above makes me want to read about it in detail
OkitaSadist12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, harem, otaku

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.