AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-11, 14:29   Link #801
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I know this may have been discussed before, but I'm not going to read through 40 pages to find out D:
We're mostly dodging that subject because it's difficult to talk about without discussing spoilers, and spoilers for the VN are out-of-bounds here.

Forty pages mostly about the staff for the anime; you missed little, particularly with your attitude (good for you!).

I think it could be done in the way that CLANNAD was done: four total cours. I think 48+ eps would be enough to do it justice. But I don't know how to split it up the best way... but that's also because I've only played the original and haven't played any of the new Ecstasy content. Without that, I'm not sure I should speak to the timing of that stuff...

...but I'd really like that stuff animated too.

ETA: Ninja-ed on the spoiler thing!
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:31   Link #802
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Ok, I'm overjoyed that my favourite VN is getting an anime...however I wonder about how they'll go about it.

I know this may have been discussed before, but I'm not going to read through 40 pages to find out D:

Anyway, in VNs like LB you usually have:

1- The game has a true route. In which case the anime follows the common route and the true route, giving only as much focus on the other girls as necessary.

2- The game has no true ending, only multiple endings for each love interest. Here the anime usually follows the common route and then either goes with the harem ending or goes with the girl closes to the MC or most popular girl.

LB is different...because while in other VNs, each route ain't canon, in LB each route are actually canon. It is actually explained in refrain how it all worked and while the other routes DID happen.

The game is too big...so...are they going to ignore the other routes, show the common route, Rin routes and then Refrain? Will they change the plot to fit number of episodes? Will they even touch upon the VN's plot?

I'll admit that I wouldn't mind if the anime was like the 4-koma, just short stories after refrain...or something.
Without knowing exactly how the structure of the VN story is beyond what you just said, (and let me just stress this: I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW EITHER) I can only assume that it'll do something similar to Higurashi's approach; Adapt each route separately and then start over at the end of each one, and then skip the parts of the common route that were already shown in previous arcs and aren't important to the current ones, so as to prevent the series from becoming as repetive as Endless Eight.
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:35   Link #803
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
higurashi and umineko did it great (the multi route semi omnibus approach, not the actual adaptation) and it woudl work wonders in there, but going by the comments of the staff it does not seem like they want to adapt little bastards like that.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:36   Link #804
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
little bastards
Freudian or joke?
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:50   Link #805
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I see...

Thanks for the responses ^^
I feel that regardless of what they do, I'll be pleased!
Now if you need me, I'll be over here, imagining Onee-sama (Kurugaya) and Wafuuuuuu~ (Kuuuuuuuuu) in animated form while playing trough the VN for the 5th time....yeeeaaaaaa *drool*
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:53   Link #806
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
time will tell, I am very positive about this adaptation and here is why.

the first key adaptation I watched was kyo ani's clannad , back then after story had not been animated so it was only the school arcs, i liked it a lot and even searched for more kyoani-key works. so I watched air and kanon next (and not right away I waited a few weeks between series while I watched different series) , while they were good by themselves they did not feel as good as clannad, part of it was because they were indeed not as good, but a big factor was the fact that they felt very similar, being animated by kyoani as well.

So, for little busters I was really hoping for a studio other than kyoani because, by watching angel blade/beats, I found it to be more interesting than kanon or air that was helped by being animated by a different studio.

Going by that, if this was animated by kyoani, this show would be too predictable, even boring like the k-on of key adaptations I would even have taken deen over kyoani and am glad it ended up being someone else.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:32   Link #807
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
PS: I curse each every one of you for rekindling my LB dormant love and making me fail my exams due to multiple playtrough of the VN while I should be studying. Yall need a good finger wagging you do!
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:43   Link #808
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
But right now we can do nothing but wait and see.
And speculate!
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:45   Link #809
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
And speculate!
That word only brings pain and misery in forums!
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:22   Link #810
Aspirety
Voyager Witch
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Otowa, Australia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Aspirety
Steering waaay too close to spoilers here guys... I for one would like people who haven't played the game to be able to feel the same level of intrigue and surprise in Little Busters!' mystery element watching the anime as I did when I first played it.
So can we change the topic to something else? ^^

It's taken me a while, and a lot of reading through this thread and related info, but I'm finally starting to form a solid stance on this adaptation. I won't go into too much detail here though, I'd like to collect all my research and thoughts into a single blog post. Then you can all direct your hate and/or love towards me in my own territory~

EDIT: And here it is.
http://kakeracomplex.wordpress.com/2...ent-breakdown/
__________________

Last edited by Aspirety; 2012-04-12 at 04:58.
Aspirety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:14   Link #811
Kakujitsu
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Sasami and Riki to have different voices http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-busters-anime Riki makes sense but not sure about Sasami >.>
So.. Rie Kugimiya as Sasami?
Kakujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:28   Link #812
boggart
鍵っ子
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
There is something that needs to be corrected there though. Baba said that the teaser was done by an external animator, but that does not mean that it wasn't JC Staff.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:55   Link #813
Aspirety
Voyager Witch
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Otowa, Australia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Aspirety
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
There is something that needs to be corrected there though. Baba said that the teaser was done by an external animator, but that does not mean that it wasn't JC Staff.
What makes you say that? From the tweets I've assembled, Baba is saying that they (key) did the PV. I'm pretty confident in the translation, since the main translator of LB did it for me
__________________
Aspirety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:02   Link #814
boggart
鍵っ子
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
What makes you say that? From the tweets I've assembled, Baba is saying that they (key) did the PV. I'm pretty confident in the translation, since the main translator of LB did it for me
Key may have animated the teaser, but the key frames and colouring were outsourced to another company. Who that was, we don't know. It could have been JC Staff, it might not have been. The only reason I believe it might have been JC Staff behind the primary components of the teaser is that it would have given them starting material, however small, for the actual anime.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 11:27   Link #815
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Key may have animated the teaser, but the key frames and colouring were outsourced to another company. Who that was, we don't know. It could have been JC Staff, it might not have been. The only reason I believe it might have been JC Staff behind the primary components of the teaser is that it would have given them starting material, however small, for the actual anime.
Not to mention that the teaser had a very distinct JC Staff look to it.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 11:53   Link #816
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I'd type up something long on the nature of Key fans and their expectations, but it's probably pointless by now. I do hope that the staff is seeing that the rage is dying down and people are being more optimistic now though. Wouldn't want discouragement due to fans to reflect in the anime itself.

Anyway, more snippets of the Dengeki VA interview:


Not sure if there's anything noteworthy. The second image mentions that the director was chosen for Hatsukoi Limited and Kill Me Baby, while the writer was chosen for Nanatsuiro Drops.

Also looks like they're coming out with a Dengeki Visual Art's 2012 Summer to be released in July... this time with a Rin shower tapestry. Next bulk of information in 3 months?
Shiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 19:20   Link #817
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well it is good to know that the director knows what is going on and has actually played the game. We can hope they come up with a good way to work out everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
So.. Rie Kugimiya as Sasami?
Oh god you read my mind XD I bet you that is who they pick ^-^"
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 23:54   Link #818
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
A comment from the CEO of Key operators “Visual Art’s” on Twitter set things off:

“Good evening! I’d like to ask about the Little Busters anime adaptation – why wasn’t it KyoAni?”

“Because they were busy…” <- lol of course they were XD

He tries to put a brave face on things:

“I understand your worries and expectations of anime companies. I and the staff feel the same way.

However, after seeing how enthusiastic JC Staff and company were about doing it, we decided to entrust our beloved title to them all the same.”

http://twitter.com/#!/vavasyatyou/st...30281689849856
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:48   Link #819
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
A comment from the CEO of Key operators “Visual Art’s” on Twitter set things off: [...]
Well, not that I imagine everyone has kept up, but just sayin' you're a good few days late to the party with this news. The second quote you mentioned was also stated earlier than the first, so you've implied a connection between the two comments that didn't originally exist.

I also think that second comment has been a bit twisted in translation. The original comment was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @vavasyatou on Twitter
アニメ会社さんへの不安と期待はよくわかる。私やスタッフも同じ思いなのだ。だがワーナーさんや、J.C. STAFFさんの、このタイトルへかける意気込み取り組みを拝見したとき、我々は我々の愛する大切な作品を 彼らに託そうと決意した。 (link)
The implication of the statement, particularly in the context of the other tweets, is that they chose to trust these companies, and the fans should offer them some trust too. So it wasn't so much a "brave face" as a "we know how everyone feels about this, but we know what we're doing".
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:00   Link #820
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
OTL I was completely late... (or I was just waiting for more trailers to come out, even a 30 second one.... I just grabbed whatever was out there...)
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime game, little busters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.