AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-29, 22:35   Link #1321
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you think the reaction to SAO is a bloodbath, this is going to make it look like a lovefest. LB isn't going to have a prayer of getting a fair shot.
Well at least it's contained in one huge kiddie room warzone.

Unlike a highly adaptive contagious decease that latches on to anything when a certain name is brought up.

Anyway, trailer looked decent nothing worth to rant about nor is there any wow factor. Different style and different directions. If you were to compare it with Clannad's palette and style, I think it's fairly on par.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-07-29 at 23:20.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 00:22   Link #1322
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
if they are intending to animate the whole show with that much more fluidity than normal
That's the part that surprised me most with everyone's reactions - am I the only one who thinks the super-fluid animation looks bad? Seeing an entire anime like that would be something else, but I can't imagine watching too much of it without getting dizzy. I can see it being a segment from the OP and nothing more. Clannad used similar super-fluid animation for the Girl in the Illusionary World, but I found that much more aesthetically pleasing... probably just the difference in character design and detail, LB's designs don't quite fit the style needed for such fluidity. I'd rather they focus on detail and depth than unnecessarily increasing the framerate.
Shiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 02:45   Link #1323
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Most people i know would bash JC unconditionally. So it's "JC's bad" first and foremost and picking up reasons later. Not to mention a huge comparative bias against something that doesn't really exist (everything can be a lot better when you imagine them yourself) or comparing them with unreasonable standards (you want every single line and events in a novel animated uncut? yeah not going to happen).

Sure I know where they're coming from, but it does feel ridiculous sometimes.

Bad or not, I will watch this. And since I'm going to watch this anyways, might as well leave any bias I have towards it in the front door and enjoy the ride. Judgement reserved, but still waiting with baited breath.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 03:12   Link #1324
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
That's the part that surprised me most with everyone's reactions - am I the only one who thinks the super-fluid animation looks bad? Seeing an entire anime like that would be something else, but I can't imagine watching too much of it without getting dizzy. I can see it being a segment from the OP and nothing more. Clannad used similar super-fluid animation for the Girl in the Illusionary World, but I found that much more aesthetically pleasing... probably just the difference in character design and detail, LB's designs don't quite fit the style needed for such fluidity. I'd rather they focus on detail and depth than unnecessarily increasing the framerate.
Maybe you are?

This is honestly the first time I've seen someone complaining about sakuga. Also, there's no reason why better detail or depth can't go hand-in-hand with fluid animation.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 03:21   Link #1325
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Also, there's no reason why better detail or depth can't go hand-in-hand with fluid animation.
Sure there is. and it's the number one reason in every production.

BUDGET.

Though this is JC. One would argue a production company as big as theirs should be able to produce high quality and fluid animation.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 03:32   Link #1326
Usami_Haru
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Running through Sharnoth
Age: 18
I thought that the trailer had some great animation and I love the bright color scheme. Fits the story perfectly.

Also they kept the skirts pattern which is a huge plus in my book since tartan patterned skirts are very often made solid in anime (like Haganai for example) since its hard to animate which shows that they're making an effort.
__________________
Usami_Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 03:37   Link #1327
com_gwp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Sure there is. and it's the number one reason in every production.

BUDGET.

Though this is JC. One would argue a production company as big as theirs should be able to produce high quality and fluid animation.
Well, seeing as how we're talking about one of biggest money spinners in anime due to the Key label, I don't see why Warner wouldn't provide them with a suitably high budget.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 04:37   Link #1328
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Well, seeing as how we're talking about one of biggest money spinners in anime due to the Key label, I don't see why Warner wouldn't provide them with a suitably high budget.
It's not just the budget, but how a studio uses it.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 05:13   Link #1329
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I guess if you take things to perspective, the PV wasn't so bad. In fact JC Staff rarely looks this good. But JC Staff is no KyoAni so I doubt anyone would be satisfied with the PV if they keep thinking "KyoAni could have done this way better". When Little Busters! airs I think these are the things we need to keep in check in order to not get disappointed:

1)Constantly remind yourself that it will never look as good as something KyoAni would make so set your standards low.

2)Constantly remind yourself it will never be as detailed as whatever KyoAni could have done with it therefore set your standards low.

3)If Little Busters is really good then the driving force of your enjoyment shall be the fact that its getting animated.
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 05:34   Link #1330
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
1)Constantly remind yourself that it will never look as good as something KyoAni would make so set your standards low.

2)Constantly remind yourself it will never be as detailed as whatever KyoAni could have done with it therefore set your standards low.

3)If Little Busters is really good then the driving force of your enjoyment shall be the fact that its getting animated.
You know,there's a huge darn gap between insanely high kyoani standards and low standards , JC staff is likely in that gap , why not just have "normal" standards?

That said it's not like this is the time where I've been the most impressed with a JC staff production,that probably remains Kamisama no memo chou where the staff managed to not rape Kishida Mel's design (unlike A-1 where sora no woto's designs hunt me in my sleep)

So yeah,I think they can do better,I also think they can do far worse,reading some reactions here you'd think this was Bakuman.
__________________
totoum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 05:41   Link #1331
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Just watched the trailer.

All I can say is that I can tell JC is trying. They know what they are being compared to, unfair or not. And this is certainly the most complex trailer I have ever seen JC release.

They are pushed to their very limits of what their team is capable of. I can sense that they really didn't hold anything back in the trailer.

How do I describe it? It's like a moderately okay chef trying to making Michelin Star food. I can sense the determination and hard work. But I still think they are out of their league.

I will give them props for trying. And wish them luck in trying to keep pushing themselves for an entire series. But I fear hard work just isn't enough. They lack the talent.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 06:16   Link #1332
boggart
鍵っ子
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
On first view, I didn't like it. But the more I watch it, the more it's settling in. I'll get used to it.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 09:37   Link #1333
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
ill see this anime just because its super hype
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 10:00   Link #1334
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Opinions. I really don't think it looks "bad" at all, and I don't find the visuals to be "screwed up". The colour scheme is a bit over-saturated and in some cases simple, but the character designs look fine to me, particularly in motion. To me, it already looks much better than the average TV anime, even from this short PV. My opinion is that you're grossly overstating the problem, but as I said... opinions...


When that time comes, we'll expect people to actually discuss the anime that is in anime threads. If we need to, I guess we'll have to create a separate area if all people want to do is complain that the anime wasn't made by someone else because, as you say, it could be endless, and would certainly be redundant.
so are you getting bancalibur ready ? the muvluv thread was annoying because of teh complaints + spoilers, so once this starts airing I am very likely to just ignore it's subforum.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:12   Link #1335
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you think the reaction to SAO is a bloodbath, this is going to make it look like a lovefest. LB isn't going to have a prayer of getting a fair shot.
Swap SAO out with Gundam rAGE and that's a quotable post you've got there sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
look like there will be 2 group watching this anime

Elitist unreasonable high-expectation VN player: always say that "this could have been better if it was Kyoani or PA" and will rate the anime low or average no matter how good it is.

more open-minded VN player and anime-only watcher: rate the anime for how enjoyable it really is for them
This is a fairly common scenario, the key difference here is that you're throwing the incredibly hardcore/devoted and now spurned Kyoani fandom into the mix who are almost certainly going to take continue to take the fact that they passed on the project out on the one that took it up. Literally most of this is happening because people are incredibly butthurt to epic degrees over the fact that it's not the beloved Kyoani doing this and that's kind of hilarious to me. I know I shouldn't laugh at and mock a fanbase, but they're making it even harder than usual for me right now. Keep on chasing that ghost if you think it's really worth it folks.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-07-30 at 12:23.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:23   Link #1336
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
This is a fairly common scenario, the key difference here is that you're throwing the incredibly hardcore/devoted and now spurned Kyoani fandom into the mix who are almost certainly going to take continue to take the fact that they passed on the project out on the one that took it up. Literally most of this is happening because people are incredibly butthurt to epic degrees over the fact that it's not the beloved Kyoani doing this and that's kind of hilarious to me. I know I shouldn't laugh at and mock a fanbase, but they're making it even harder than usual for me right now.
No cookies for you!!!11

---



I just watched the trailer. Then just for fun and increased effect I went and watched the CLANNAD trailer. Then I went and cried. So sad.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:28   Link #1337
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
No cookies for you!!!11

---



I just watched the trailer. Then just for fun and increased effect I went and watched the CLANNAD trailer. Then I went and cried. So sad.
Okay well...would you care to tell us why you cried exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I will give them props for trying. And wish them luck in trying to keep pushing themselves for an entire series. But I fear hard work just isn't enough. They lack the talent.
Does someone want to explain to me why this is such a tough project that needs a tremendous amount of talent to satisfy the fans? I mean I know that the Key fanbase is incredibly hardcore and demanding on a level I've never really seen before, but why is it that the production efforts behind Little Busters must and I mean MUST be at this certain level that IMO looks almost unattainable. I just can't help but feel that people are being completely ridicuous about this. How is it that people are so absolutely certain based off of one teaser trailer. I'm genuinely trying to get an idea of what people are going off of and would appreciate an answer that doesn't involve the angle of "because Kyoani is not doing it".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:32   Link #1338
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Okay well...would you care to tell us why you cried exactly?
Please resist the urge to poke at the fanbase even more than you already have (even though I realize that was your shtick for the longest while). You know full-well from the context what he means. If you really, *really* don't know, here's a hint: it ties to your previous comment.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:39   Link #1339
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Please resist the urge to poke at the fanbase even more than you already have (even though I realize that was your shtick for the longest while). You know full-well from the context what he means. If you really, *really* don't know, here's a hint: it ties to your previous comment.
Yes it's honestly not my goal to start a flame war here, but I can't help but make a point when I think people are being utterly ridiculous, unfair and prejudiced about something. Also I do actually genuinely want to get an idea of where these impossibly high standards/expectations of the project are coming from and how people are so dead certain that J.C Staff is going to screw it up when KEY's staff even mentioned they are going to be working directly with them like they were with Kyoani when they made their adaptations of some KEY works. The scenario setup honestly sounds exactly the same here, it's literaly just this Kyoani factor that never seems to go away and is seemingly always the source of some form of exagerrated expectations and appraisals that seems to be the x-factor unless I'm missing something huge about the Little Busters mythos or something.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:44   Link #1340
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
Okay well...would you care to tell us why you cried exactly?
Spoiler for non-serious:


Spoiler for half-serious:


Spoiler for serious:




choose your poison.

Last edited by Proto; 2012-07-30 at 12:55.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime game, little busters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.