AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-17, 19:20   Link #181
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
@TripleR: I think you may be onto something. I do think they didn't handle the father very well. Episode 6 in particular had lots of moments where people were talking about her father while we saw a still of wide-eyed Fuu, until we got close-ups of a very detailed emotional reactions. Those were great, but the mood around them felt vacuous, so they didn't have maximum impact.

Compare that to the scene where the photography shop owner talks about Dad, and you might see the difference. (Or not, if I'm wrong.)

Thanks for your post. It really helped me understand what's going on better.
Dawnstorm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 16:30   Link #182
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
I was not crying at the end of episode 8, it's just that something got into my eyes. That's what it was yes. I was not in any way overtaken by emotion at the sound of Okaerinasai on the background.

Great episode once again. Very emotional and with at least one scene of Hazuki Erino goodness to rifle up all those nostalgic Aria feelings
__________________


Last edited by Dextro; 2013-08-22 at 17:20.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 17:33   Link #183
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Kanae is finally back! And with a new hairstyle! It's like they want to kill me. Sadly she was absent of the second half, but I got my dose for the week.

Wonderful episode once again. Some people wanted them to focus more on the photography club's activities and they did that while teaching us a bit more about Potte's past once again. I'm glad she could fulfill her promise with Chihiro after all this time.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:51   Link #184
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
This show is at its best when Chihiro is around.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:03   Link #185
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Seeing them more of them in yukatas

Fuu and Chihiro as little kigs was just so cute
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 02:46   Link #186
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kanae is finally back! And with a new hairstyle! It's like they want to kill me. Sadly she was absent of the second half, but I got my dose for the week.

Wonderful episode once again. Some people wanted them to focus more on the photography club's activities and they did that while teaching us a bit more about Potte's past once again. I'm glad she could fulfill her promise with Chihiro after all this time.
It was also interesting getting Potte talking about setting up the camera (with f-stops and all). It helps this show avoid the "k-on effect" where the supposed subject matter of the club is never mentioned
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 16:11   Link #187
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It was also interesting getting Potte talking about setting up the camera (with f-stops and all). It helps this show avoid the "k-on effect" where the supposed subject matter of the club is never mentioned
Although I did think "You're using a tripod but you've not got a cable release?"

(a cable release screws into the shutter button and lets you trip the shutter without causing any vibration - ideal when using a tripod!)

That was a good episode, heartwarming as usual and good to see the photography club going out and doing photography with a real purpose, having taken advice from a pro!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 17:51   Link #188
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Although I did think "You're using a tripod but you've not got a cable release?"

(a cable release screws into the shutter button and lets you trip the shutter without causing any vibration - ideal when using a tripod!)

That was a good episode, heartwarming as usual and good to see the photography club going out and doing photography with a real purpose, having taken advice from a pro!
A tripod is relatively simple to find, a shutter release is a bit harder since it's brand/model specific most times and her camera isn't the latest model. I'm willing to let that go (mostly because I never actually bought one for my DSLR but I do have a tripod )
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 18:46   Link #189
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Old cameras (such as all Rollei 35 models) were able to use a mechanical cable release that was a standard fitting. They're still readily available.

Brand/model specific electronic releases are a more recent invention and way for the camera companies to make more money out of people!

Fuji still have the socket for the mechanical cable release on the shutter button in their X range of digital cameras
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 07:10   Link #190
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Old cameras (such as all Rollei 35 models) were able to use a mechanical cable release that was a standard fitting. They're still readily available.

Brand/model specific electronic releases are a more recent invention and way for the camera companies to make more money out of people!

Fuji still have the socket for the mechanical cable release on the shutter button in their X range of digital cameras
That just goes to show my lack of knowledge on the subject of older cameras
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 20:25   Link #191
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
This show is at its best when Chihiro is around.
Yeah, Chihiro is an excellent recurring character and really adds a lot to every episode that she's in. I like her smooth but believable character development. She's much less shy than she was in the original season, and she actually is now very sociable and engaging, but she's still very emotional. I like that. I like that it shows that she's matured a lot, but that she's still Chihiro. She's still the sweet softhearted sentimental person she's always been.

It was good to see Chihiro meet Mitani, and have them finally share some scenes together.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 01:55   Link #192
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
.... oh wow, that awesome version of Kami-sama no Itazura this episode
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 02:27   Link #193
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
That's the second time in a week that this show manages to get me choked up. I don't know how they do it (I suspect the cleverly-placed insert song), but they do it nonetheless.

It seems to me like this show is basically telling you not to judge a book by its cover. The guy looked very unfriendly and acted kinda strict, but once he warmed up to the atmosphere of the town and its people, he showed his gentle side. And though he criticized Fuu's pictures, he noticed they carry the same warmth as her father's did.

This show has no negatives. And even if there are, it always turns into something positive, instead. Truly the ultimate feel-good show.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 09:48   Link #194
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Natsume was a good character. He's a lot nicer than his stern exterior would suggest. He criticized Fuu's photos but there was no ill will behind it. He merely wanted to give her advice to improve, but did so in a clumsy manner. He didn't immediately realize what photography means to Fuu. It's a way for her to be connected to her late father.

I liked how Kanae stood up for Fuu in this ep. That was the most aggressive she had ever been!
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 10:47   Link #195
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I liked how Kanae stood up for Fuu in this ep. That was the most aggressive she had ever been!
I think it's also the angriest she's ever been. I don't think Fuu could ask for a better friend than her.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 21:04   Link #196
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
I got to say at first Natsume seemed like a jerk but he turned out to be a nice guy
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 03:30   Link #197
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
I got to say at first Natsume seemed like a jerk but he turned out to be a nice guy
If he's been in business overseas for 20 years, he's going to be pretty stern. And he was never cruel, just frank and honest, though a bit too "straight to the point" on the topic of photography. He didn't catch on to the fact that Fuu would want information about her Father from him as quickly as you'd think.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 03:33   Link #198
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 26
Natsume is hardcore, but he seems kind of old to be the classmate of Potte's father, who I thought was only supposed to somewhere between his early thirties and early forties when he died.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 08:15   Link #199
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I did like that Natsume turned out not to be nasty but perhaps a bit too forthright with his opinions at first, but towards the end of the day he'd clearly softened.
Although for a moment I did suspect he was going to give Fuu a lecture on the rule of thirds!

Seeing Kanae speak up on Fuu's behalf was a good sign of their friendship and Kanae's growth.

I was amused, considering the remark I made last week about cable releases, to see Shihomi turn up and show Fuu and Kanae the electronic release on her DSLR.
"A pro's secret weapon!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
This show has no negatives. And even if there are, it always turns into something positive, instead.
Like the film in Fuu's camera...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:21   Link #200
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I did like that Natsume turned out not to be nasty but perhaps a bit too forthright with his opinions at first, but towards the end of the day he'd clearly softened.
Although for a moment I did suspect he was going to give Fuu a lecture on the rule of thirds!

Seeing Kanae speak up on Fuu's behalf was a good sign of their friendship and Kanae's growth.

I was amused, considering the remark I made last week about cable releases, to see Shihomi turn up and show Fuu and Kanae the electronic release on her DSLR.
"A pro's secret weapon!"
Maybe next week we'll get the rule of thirds then

Great episode as usual, more aggressive is turning into a fantastic series and, if this keeps up, it may begin to rival Aria for the top spots on my favourite animes on the genre. I'm loving the fact that photography is finally getting front row spot in th show as the support for the stories it wants to tell, it's exactly what was missing from the first season and adds a much needed feeling of discovery that I've always felt was what Hitotose was missing when compared to Aria.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.