AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 14:03   Link #81
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 03:44   Link #82
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The show got a noticeable upgrade in visuals. Not like a show such as this needs it, but it looks like the series got noticed enough to warrant extra money for production money. Still visual upgrade or not, at the end of the day the series never fails to put a smile on my face.

And I seriously need to get my hands on their restaurant's menu.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 04:33   Link #83
Sol Falling

Good to have this series back (upcoming season's looking pretty good). I like the season subtitle, the contrast/irony of it against the certainty that the show will never be 'aggressive' in a confrontational/negative sense just makes it all the more cute (maybe it can be called 'gap moe').

I'm not an absolute fan of iyashi-kei as much as a lot of other people, but Tamayura has always been impressively potent in a number of different ways. I'll be looking forward to Fuu-chan's development and new photography club, along with more of Kaori, Maon, and Norie.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 24/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 06:03   Link #84
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Ahh, it really is good to have this anime back. The calming music the entire way through, the wonderfully cheerful and funny characters, the simple yet easily interesting plot. This is a perfect anime to watch when you're down, it will definitely brighten up your day.

The flashbacks at the start recapping the recent events with Tamayura was a nice touch. Her big reveal towards them at the end was quite interesting too.
Old 2013-07-04, 06:30   Link #85
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I also support female stalkers as long as they're nice quiet and have silver hair.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 07:19   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tamayura really ought to come with either a warning label or an insulin shot.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 07:33   Link #87
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
That was an absolutely fantastic episode. I would even go as far as saying it was the strongest opening of the two seasons and it really got me hopeful that this just might be the season that will finally sell Tamayura to those still on the edge.

The first season, let's be blunt, always felt like it was missing something to drive it forward after the OVA resolved it's major plot point but with the introduction of the Photography club as a new major drive it might just shift the show enough to give it the momentum it was missing.

Overall it was a great episode. I felt like I was on the verge of having a Chihiro-chan moment at the end such was the overwhelming feeling of happiness it left me with. Director Satou has done it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Tamayura really ought to come with either a warning label or an insulin shot.
+Rep.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 08:43   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's so good to be reunited with this lovely cast. I missed them. The first episode was just as soothing as usual~

Potte is indeed becoming more aggressive (her old self would have never have the courage to found a club) but of course it's all relative. Compared to most people she is still very much meek. And it's fine this way. I wouldn't want her to turn into another Tomo-chan or Nori.
Old 2013-07-04, 08:47   Link #89
novalysis

Calm, gentle and very relaxing. The first episode reveals that this is a very well constructed coming of age, slice of life story whose emotions very earnestly shine through. Wonderful. Tamayura's MC shows how to do a meek female protagonist while giving her a personality that makes her feel like a real person with a will and goals of her own, rather than an aimless puppet.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 13:02   Link #90
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
While we all had some fun poking fun at the sequel's name, I can now see why it's called that. The term "aggressive" came up in the subs I had at least a half-dozen times in this Episode 1. I haven't heard/read the term used so much in such a short span since I last watched pro wrestling.

That, plus Potte is being more assertive, which many people (including myself) use interchangeably with aggressive.

In many anime shows, I'd probably be rolling my eyes if the main plot was forming a new school club, but here in Tamayura it feels like a very natural and sensible progression off of where Season 1 ended off. So it doesn't feel forced, or a case of using a commonly used trope just for the sake of using a commonly used trope. Plus, Potte's interest and passion for photography is commonly referenced in the show, and is frequently a plot-driver, so it makes sense (and gives a nice sense of linking seasons together) by having it continue to do so here. Finally, starting up a new club is a good way to introduce this new character who I'm looking forward to seeing more of.

Speaking of new characters (at least I think she's one), I really liked Tomo! Her highly talkative dynamism adds a nice new dimension to the cast. While all of these characters are nice and friendly, I feel like the balance between soft-spoken and outgoing has now shifted to something a bit more even and perhaps more realistic. As much as I loved the first season, there were times when my suspension of disbelief was slightly challenged by just how incredibly soft-spoken and shy much of the cast was.

Tamayura was always a beautifully heartwarming show, and this sequel is no exception so far. But I also feel like its managed to maintain that while adding a touch more liveliness to it.

It truly is the perfect iyashi-kei type anime.
Old 2013-07-04, 22:05   Link #91
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good to see this again start off with Potte spacing out for 10mins that seem more aggressive
Old 2013-07-04, 22:34   Link #92
SQA

Badly mistitled series.

Feel the heals!
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 17:33   Link #93
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

W00t!

Tamayura is back and in a big way - I am sooooo glad. I happen to love the sound Tamayura sings and could listen to it continuously.

Looking forward to the interactions with the new girl and Chihiro's friend as well.
Old 2013-07-07, 18:44   Link #94
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Adding new characters to the group is not always a good thing, hopefully this doesn't ruin the show.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:51   Link #95
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

You know, I don't rewatch Tamayura as often as I do Aria, but the moment I watched the first episode of this, it was like I never stopped watching it at all. It does help that the first ep somewhat recaps what happened in the previous seasons, while at the same time adding new perspectives on them, like Kao's thoughts at the time. Time to see how much more aggressive Fuu can get!

Aaah, welcome back indeed ~

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 02:38   Link #96
SQA

2:

Still the most hilariously mis-named series in ages, but ep 2 was good. The club is made, we got introductions to 2 new characters and, well, there still isn't a plot but I do enjoy it.

Oh yeah, the new teacher is "Shimokamiyami". I'm curious about the Kanji, as "shimo" can be translated as "frost". So that's "Frost" + "god" (or hair) + "mountain" for a name. So, Frozen Hair Mountain-sensei! (I love wacky bits of Japanese naming, though if you spend some time with a map of Japan, you'll realize *everyone* is named after a location)
Old 2013-07-11, 06:33   Link #97
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Gaah, I always cringe when someone who brings up Potte's dad in a way they think he's still alive, it sucks that she has to keep bringing up the fact that he passed away

I'm not liking the looks of this new character. She's looking a lot like an aggressive tsundere character *Looks at title* Oh please no...
Old 2013-07-11, 09:28   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All aboard the moe boat!

Maon's flashbacks surprised me a bit. I thought she was too shy to do things like these.

The club has been successfully founded. This is already a big step for Potte. The advisor of the club is pretty fun and a good match for her. They should be getting along well. The first hurdle for Fuu might be getting that Kanae girl to join. I think this is the first time a Tamayura episode ended on a cliffhanger. How is she going to react to Fuu creating a club? There's pretty much no way her reaction is going to be as negative as the girls imagined so I think Fuu is going to be just fine. I am however not sure Kanae will immediately want to join. There's got to be a reason she never created a club herself despite being so talented.
Old 2013-07-11, 11:32   Link #99
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In a vacuum, the name of this sequel seems silly. But relative to the first season, this show really is "more aggressive". Off the top of my head, I can't recall the first season even raising the possibility of serious personality conflicts. And yet, that's exactly what Potte's friends are preparing her for in this episode. And like Kanon said, this episode did end on a bit of a tense cliffhanger. I'm pretty sure that is a first for Tamayura.

Personally, I like this new direction for the show. It's still generally relaxing and heartwarming, but it's also just a little less idealistic and dreamy. It embraces challenges and aggressively facing them!

In fact, I think I know who was added on to the production staff for this show...

Spoiler for Long Joke bit; pro wrestling fans will hopefully like ;):

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really looking forward to the next episode of this aggressive show.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-07-11 at 17:41.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 17:08   Link #100
SQA

Vince McMahon in a Tamayura thread.

Welp, I've seen it all now.

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life