AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-31, 09:44   Link #781
mayumi

Seeing how much Amagura love Mikono, real Apollo shows up in ep 26 and says you can have her XD
Or Zessica turns into man and MIkono realizes her love for Zessica. LOL
Old 2012-05-31, 09:56   Link #782
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I wonder about man!Zessica theory. It could work. Remember back a few eps ago where they talked about men and women having what each other lack, and coloured the male and female silhouettes with green and purple/pink...and then in the gattai later, they had Zessica mirroring the man's pose in green and Mikono mirroring the woman's. Could all be subtle foreshadowing.

(Though if so, poor Zessica. She already felt inadequate as a woman.)

If Mykage is Toma with memory loss or something, and Zessica is Apollo/nius, this could all be a subtle plan to win Zessica to his side. (All "Look how happy Silvia is with this other guy, you should let them be! Come to me instead.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Seeing how much Amagura love Mikono, real Apollo shows up in ep 26 and says you can have her XD
Apollo reincarnation: guys, I'm late but I finally made it here after 26 eps! I'm going to keep my promise from 12,000 years ago and - oh. Okay. Send me an invitation to the wedding if you like.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:14   Link #783
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: you'll still probably want to see this with your own eyes but I typed it up for you. I don't think I put in any typos but if something doesn't make sense that's probably what happened:

Spoiler for Transcript:
Oh, thanks! Weeell, without context I'd say its pretty inconclusive. I mean, do we know who is talking? Also, is the issue of Spoon that this is from already out? Because I don't think they would spoil something like this when there's still 4 episodes left... They could be just talking about Apollon figuratively (I think someone above mentioned Rena usually seeing him as a dog with butterfly wings or something like that?). OK, Apollon couldn't actually fly, but anyway.

(Still, OH MY GOD LOL PLEASE MAKE IT TRUE - not like it would actually affect anything, mind you, but it would be hilarious and I would feel so smart. )
Old 2012-05-31, 10:20   Link #784
miketyson

kuromitsu: from the picture it looks like a sidebar / sidebox. It doesn't say who's talking, for all I know it's just a VA or someone making a half-serious guess, and it seems like a spoiler they'd not want to leak this early.

But honestly, this being true would be the funniest thing I can remember in ages, so now I'm pulling for it.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:24   Link #785
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I wonder about man!Zessica theory. It could work. Remember back a few eps ago where they talked about men and women having what each other lack, and coloured the male and female silhouettes with green and purple/pink...and then in the gattai later, they had Zessica mirroring the man's pose in green and Mikono mirroring the woman's. Could all be subtle foreshadowing.

(Though if so, poor Zessica. She already felt inadequate as a woman.)

If Mykage is Toma with memory loss or something, and Zessica is Apollo/nius, this could all be a subtle plan to win Zessica to his side. (All "Look how happy Silvia is with this other guy, you should let them be! Come to me instead.")
I can really see this troll coming. I had a hunch since that banana ep. With her color being similar to the guys and Mikono's the girl. Also, it was Zessica and Mikono who probably awakened the legend from 12000 yrs ago in ep 16. Zessica was also on the hill which was important to Apollo from OVA. Mikono is also the only one who visits and talks to her on the hill. Mikono sweating bullets cause she wants Zessica while later changed her dress and didn't want to give up on Amata.

Mikono and Zessica want their dog to favour them and so the jealousy. Mikono and Zessica's meeting and handshake. Mikono ignoring Zessica's handshake similar to Apollo and Silvia's meeting with a fight. LOL. the constant baka baka baka references from Zess cause Mikono is bakahime.

Ianthe references. 2 girls fell in love, one wanted to turn into a boy for the other. LOL.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:28   Link #786
Vena
Carpe Diem

Aside from how hilarious (and stupid, but would certainlu be the twist of AWESOME I wanted to redeem this show) that would be, I wouldn't put much weight on these spoilers. Why would Poron cause the legendary Aquarion to move? Out of context this is hard to make or break, but I think its just playing fast and loose with the wording when describing Apollo from Genesis who was very much dog-like and treated as such. (Kagura was, literally, given the dog-like qualities of Apollo: smell, moving on all fours, and a bonus transformation. While Amata was given the mind of Apollo.)

But, I'm in "fuck it" mode, so sure. Let this be the twist.

Also, SPOON. Not the most reputable source of information.
Old 2012-05-31, 10:59   Link #787
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Also, SPOON. Not the most reputable source of information.
*shrugs* I'm as unsure as whether it is a "creators are totally lying for future events" or unreliable source. In the end, that's all what magazines do: hype up the readers, publicizing the anime. Whether by interviews, sweeten with honey, or by interesting write-ups. If you're asking me, every magazines is as unreliable because the contents of the articles are putting up the subjects in good light even if you think it's illogical Part of why I usually am lazy to translate an article's summary, to be honest wwww (Another part was because I totally am just a lazeass and critical. Capice! )

Besides, the interview is basically what the creators' think. Definitely, we're not the creators, and we totally can disagree on their views once we get the goods It's a great way to get an insight about what the creators are trying to do, but whether it succeed or failed to impress you... That's another story.

Also, mike! It's not 翼犬, it's 翅犬~ (Not that it had any difference, just pointing out that's official name for Pollon.) To be honest, I'm pretty intrigued about from whom does this... "article (?)" come from though~ XD;;

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2012-05-31 at 11:09. Reason: DAMMIT IME KEYBOARD. STOP CHANGING 翼 TO 羽
Old 2012-05-31, 11:05   Link #788
miketyson

Yikes, thanks, that's what I get for not checking more carefully. I went back and fixed it.
Old 2012-05-31, 11:14   Link #789
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Something I strangely didn't notice before (at least as a mirror-esque pattern):

Mikono has green eyes and purple hair.
Zessica has purple eyes and green hair.

That's... interesting. Possibly just a coincidence, but I could see it being a subtle way of the anime foreshadowing something.

It could be that Mikono and Zessica are also two halves of the same whole reincarnation, and this color pattern reflects that. Or it could be that the yuri theory is right, lol.
Old 2012-05-31, 12:09   Link #790
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I can really see this troll coming. I had a hunch since that banana ep. With her color being similar to the guys and Mikono's the girl. Also, it was Zessica and Mikono who probably awakened the legend from 12000 yrs ago in ep 16. Zessica was also on the hill which was important to Apollo from OVA. Mikono is also the only one who visits and talks to her on the hill. Mikono sweating bullets cause she wants Zessica while later changed her dress and didn't want to give up on Amata.

Mikono and Zessica want their dog to favour them and so the jealousy. Mikono and Zessica's meeting and handshake. Mikono ignoring Zessica's handshake similar to Apollo and Silvia's meeting with a fight. LOL. the constant baka baka baka references from Zess cause Mikono is bakahime.

Ianthe references. 2 girls fell in love, one wanted to turn into a boy for the other. LOL.
Wasn't Appollo shorter than Sylvia ? Like Zessica is shorter than Mikono.
Old 2012-05-31, 12:24   Link #791
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Wasn't Appollo shorter than Sylvia ? Like Zessica is shorter than Mikono.
Yeah, and like Apollon was shorter than Celiane... Oh, wait...

Old 2012-05-31, 12:33   Link #792
Zuul

So can we expect a ZessicaxMikono gattai incoming, with Amagura as the third wheel.

Other theory I read somewhere else : Appollo, Syrius and Touma could still be inside the Aquarion and 'alive'.

But what is Shrade then ?

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-31 at 13:36.
Old 2012-05-31, 14:18   Link #793
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Something I strangely didn't notice before (at least as a mirror-esque pattern):

Mikono has green eyes and purple hair.
Zessica has purple eyes and green hair.

That's... interesting. Possibly just a coincidence, but I could see it being a subtle way of the anime foreshadowing something.

It could be that Mikono and Zessica are also two halves of the same whole reincarnation, and this color pattern reflects that. Or it could be that the yuri theory is right, lol.
What were you watching for this 22 weeks?
This is serious case of slowpoke.
Old 2012-05-31, 15:41   Link #794
Destined_Fate

Fusing Zessica into Mikono, that would be huge insult to Zessica's character. Makes her suffering even more stupid if she's supposed to be the otherhalf of Mikono and puts a chip in her whole fighting fate thing. They already ruined Amata in that regard, they shouldn't ruin Zessica in that regard and make her destined to be with him and just keep her as an outsider or someone else fighting fate to be with him.
Old 2012-05-31, 15:57   Link #795
mixordia

Quote:
Fusing Zessica into Mikono, that would be huge insult to Zessica's character.
I also think it would be an insult to Mikono's character.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:05   Link #796
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Fusing Zessica into Mikono, that would be huge insult to Zessica's character. Makes her suffering even more stupid if she's supposed to be the otherhalf of Mikono and puts a chip in her whole fighting fate thing. They already ruined Amata in that regard, they shouldn't ruin Zessica in that regard and make her destined to be with him and just keep her as an outsider or someone else fighting fate to be with him.
Or just makes Amata a dog.

Fusions are awful for any character.
Old 2012-05-31, 16:07   Link #797
Miraluka
18 forever

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9896.html
And this means...

Deal with it!
Old 2012-05-31, 16:37   Link #798
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
I also think it would be an insult to Mikono's character.
Not really, at least than she can mooch off all the stuff Zessica did and say that she wasn't useless. Saying that only her Mikono half was worthless but since the fusion everything Zessica did is what she did now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If it means what I think it does than EVOL will be getting a horrible fusion ending. Since Zessica isn't there I have af eeling they'll kill her and than have Mikono get both her guys while never having to choose or suffer any consequences for her actions. From the way has her hands says a lot. She has Kagura, the one she lusts for, kissing her hand while she only has Amata holding her hand makes it seem like he's just the nice guy she likes having around but he just doesn't excite her like Kagura does.

When it comes to being intimate she'll go to Kagura, when it comes to going out on dates she'll go with Amata. So even if they do fuse she would still be leading the Amata half on and just go all the way with the Kagura half. Doesn't seem that farfetched considering how she treats Amata compared to Kagura and doesn't deny she wants Kagura to "Kill her all night long" over and over again.
Old 2012-05-31, 21:52   Link #799
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If it means what I think it does than EVOL will be getting a horrible fusion ending. Since Zessica isn't there I have af eeling they'll kill her and than have Mikono get both her guys while never having to choose or suffer any consequences for her actions. From the way has her hands says a lot. She has Kagura, the one she lusts for, kissing her hand while she only has Amata holding her hand makes it seem like he's just the nice guy she likes having around but he just doesn't excite her like Kagura does.

When it comes to being intimate she'll go to Kagura, when it comes to going out on dates she'll go with Amata. So even if they do fuse she would still be leading the Amata half on and just go all the way with the Kagura half. Doesn't seem that farfetched considering how she treats Amata compared to Kagura and doesn't deny she wants Kagura to "Kill her all night long" over and over again.
we don't know what will happen in the next few episodes. Mikono may surprise us and properly turn down Kagura for Amata after she finally gets her apology to him out. It seems to me that Mikono's main interest in Kagura is her desire to seek forgiveness more than anything else. It seems she already chose Amata. She did say she would tell him her true feelings once the war was over.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:31   Link #800
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It seems to me that Mikono's main interest in Kagura is her desire to seek forgiveness more than anything else.
That nuance changed this past episode (well, since end of 21 really). Its not actually just Kagura, its Amata and Kagura. She did something terrible to *him* but it is now them and they are *him*. This ties back into why, in the past, she never actually specified Kagura and why the language changed ever so strangely around forgiveness and apology. If anything, I'd bet that now we have a split of what she has to say as well. She needs to forgive one of them and apologize to the other, but in general she did something bad to the whole (perhaps an action to spite a mistake, for which she needs to apologize and for which she needs to offer forgiveness). Though, I'm still a bit discombobulated over the whole thing because Ep. 22 has her wanting to apologize to the both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It seems she already chose Amata. She did say she would tell him her true feelings once the war was over.
Ya... Ep. 22 equally casts a doubt on this for the sheer fact that saying such a thing would have probably been helpful at any number of points (so would have Detachment Wings, but either our characters are conveniently forgetting things (again) or we're going to be reaching a climax of drama soon where these things will come back into play). And she didn't actually say anything about feelings, she said that she had something important to tell him but what that is, we can only infer.

We're inferring feelings because of the (ever so convenient) flashback that follows moments later (but we had a discussion about how that flashback doesn't seem internally consistent with the story, either... its a few pages back somewhere). But even that doesn't flow well with her diction nor does it have any semblance of logic if you were to play it straight because she remarks about how much her actions (read: delay in taking action because of being afraid of the consequences) have caused her to make Amata and Zessica suffer but she committed said action moments prior. Such a self-critique (my inaction makes people suffer) does not flow smoothly after having *just* done the thing you are critiquing. This sort of thing is usually done in a revelatory manner where a character witnesses the consequences of their actions causing people suffer, not... whatever the hell it was to which we were treated. (This is largely an issue with how it was timed. There's a second (the unit of time) break between her scene with Amata and her scene on the boat. It would be stupid to try and say that in that time, however little it was, she had some great revelation and is now regretting her actions (which... strangely, she didn't seem to be doing).)

Playing this straight makes so little sense that it makes my head spin every time I'm reminded of it.

-----

Complete aside. In a story, when you want a character to improve themselves (Mikono), don't drop ever convenient plot development in their lap as a means to have them accomplish their goal (Fudo being always with her, must save MIX... so let's get kidnapped). It would have been leagues better to have her actually find Fudo somewhere in the forest where he was playing with ants, and have her be not a damsel in distress when going to Altair. (Maybe they are doing this on purpose, though, because the opposite is true for Zessica in that she cannot catch any breaks and the plot is actively out to get in her way.)

But que sera, sera.