AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-30, 02:34   Link #161
cyberdemon

A fun idea i had for the end of the series. In the end of the series Kagura dies likely protecting Mikono from being killed by Mikage. After the battle is over Amata and Mikono are together and Mikono happens upon a puppy. One who likes Mikono A LOT and likes attacking Amata similar to Shushu when he gets close to Mikono. Then again Shushu might get jealous. I'd imagine that being a very happy ending for Kagura. he gets to be with "his" woman even if he has to share her with Amata.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-03-30 at 02:45.
Old 2012-03-30, 02:49   Link #162
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
A fun idea i had for the end of the series. In the end of the series Kagura dies likely protecting Mikono from being killed by Mikage. After the battle is over Amata and Mikono are together and Mikono happens upon a puppy. One who likes Mikono A LOT and likes attacking Amata similar to Shushu when he gets close to Mikono. Then again Shushu might get jealous. I'd imagine that being a very happy ending for Kagura. he gets to be with "his" woman even if he has to share her with Amata.
It's Aquarion.

There won't be an happy ending for anyone significant.

At least I wouldn't hope for it. Especially considering the depressive nature of the ED song.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-30 at 03:21.
Old 2012-03-30, 03:34   Link #163
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Let a new legend use a new one since that backward word EVOL is LOVE( it's more interesting to see what reverse can do to the backward word so I vote for them both using it than the old machine)
Huh, Kagura's power is to reverse thing and EVOL is Love reversed. Coincidental engrish or subtle trolling by kawamori?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-03-30, 03:38   Link #164
pingva

About Cayenne's vision
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-30, 03:50   Link #165
Zuul

Quote:
About Cayenne's vision
Spoiler:
Cayenne had it way before Mykage's awakening.

The vision is legit.

The flower petals could symbolize Mykage's intervention for making it happen though.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:00   Link #166
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Cayenne had it way before Mykage's awakening.

The vision is legit.

The flower petals could symbolize Mykage's intervention for making it happen though.
The vision is really legit, just now I'm feeling that I might be seeing one big troll.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:10   Link #167
Zuul

Quote:
The vision is really legit, just now I'm feeling that I might be seeing one big troll.
Why should it be.

That is a pretty interesting plot point. So what not making it happen ?

Mikono's away = character's dev for Amata.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:21   Link #168
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's Aquarion.

There won't be an happy ending for anyone significant.

At least I wouldn't hope for it. Especially considering the depressive nature of the ED song.
Don't destroy my hopes and dreams.
Considering what happened the last season, all them star crossed lovers need a happy ending
Old 2012-03-30, 08:42   Link #169
Ypocaramel

I was hunting for small physical clues in Fudou Zen that would imply that he was actually Touma, but couldn't not find any except for the hairstyle, which is longer and vaguely reminiscent of Touma. Zen's face is also sharper than Gen's but that could just be Evol's general art style.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:00   Link #170
miketyson

Vena: you might've cracked the code here, even if this exact bit of speculation doesn't play out over the next couple episodes. I doff my cap in your general direction.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:21   Link #171
mayumi

Quote:
Kagura color-coded for sunset.
Amata's color coded for sunrise?* His theme is about rising up, his color is semi-appropriate (his hair), and his power is self-explanatory.
Mikono color-coded for night.
Zessica is color-coded inversely to Mikono for light (and flowers, lots and lots of flowers) and, fittingly, afraid of the dark. (Bonus points for who was her support in the dark.)
@Vena, so do you think the theme is opposite attract or similar ones do?
also in the OP we see in the fight sequence that Zessica and Amata are battling in the evening/night then the sun rises or sets during the kagura/amata scene where the flower blooms?
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-30, 09:54   Link #172
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
I was hunting for small physical clues in Fudou Zen that would imply that he was actually Touma, but couldn't not find any except for the hairstyle, which is longer and vaguely reminiscent of Touma. Zen's face is also sharper than Gen's but that could just be Evol's general art style.
Mykage explicitly says Zen Fudou isn't using his old body anymore. And asks where did he put it. As his current form is ugly to him.

While Zen Fudou retorts Mykage hasn't changed his form one bit.

I don't think Mykage is a version of Touma given he has Otoha's astral projection ability by himself.

From what we gleaned in Aquarion Gen Fudou erased all reference to him in the Book of Genesis. Leaving a mystery on the third Aquarion pilot of the TV universe. We don't even know what he looked like then.

In the OVA universe the third pilot was Scorpius which reincarnated into Reika.

On another note the Great Catastrophe mentioned that happened 11 years prior to Aquarion TV series is suggested to be an effect whatever Apollo, Silvia and Reika did in the OVA universe.

If that is so then could it have affected another parallel universe? Say a universe instead of a Apollo and Silvia a universe with a Apollon and Sylvie?

Altair looks barely habitable. Izumo even has a Book of Genesis.
Old 2012-03-30, 10:29   Link #173
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
@Vena, so do you think the theme is opposite attract or similar ones do?
also in the OP we see in the fight sequence that Zessica and Amata are battling in the evening/night then the sun rises or sets during the kagura/amata scene where the flower blooms?
Spoiler:
Its not so much opposite or similar as it is that all characters in this show seem to have direct inversions or similarities with one another.
Spoiler for Powers from before:
Zessica's powers are no more opposite to Kagura's (Newton's equations are for every action there is an opposite but equal reaction, not a complete reversal of said original action... that's a sure fire ticket to breaking physics. ) than Amata's, Andy's, MIX's, Shrade's, Yunoha's, Jin's, or Cayenne's. Kagura's power is specifically the undoing of an action while every character in the show bar Mikono's, is the doing of an action: force, flight, holes, clams, manipulation of emotions, etc.

That said, color codes was a completely random and benign aside with little value at the current moment, and a mere consequence of thinking on the fact that Mikono/Kagura (Apollon/Sylvie) have been presented overlapping the sunset. (That being said, I'm pretty sure opposites in this context don't particularly make any sense. Someone afraid of the dark would be attracted to someone who represents the coming darkness? As I said in jest to tickle my shipper's fancy, Zessica already made her choice and it was the rising sun. )

Oh, and, for the OP and ED, aside from their artistic license, I think they are the abridged series of the first half of the show.
Old 2012-03-30, 10:53   Link #174
pingva

For future episodes
Spoiler:

Last edited by pingva; 2012-03-30 at 11:34.
Old 2012-03-30, 10:59   Link #175
miketyson

Vena: there are multiple ways powers could be inverses here, though. For example: in the right light you can see how Zessica's repulsive-force power is a plausible inversion of Mikono's connecting ability (a stretch, but there it is...).

This looseness is part of what has me guessing Amata's real power will turn out to be something different, and his wings/flight are more analogous to Kagura's wolfbeast mode...but we'll see.

Along those lines I'd been somewhat hoping Sazanka's ability would turn out to be "seeing the good side of everything" (or some other counterbalance to Cayenne's gloomy visions), but she's turned out to be such a minor character I'm no longer expecting anything from her but the occasional gag.
Old 2012-03-30, 11:04   Link #176
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: there are multiple ways powers could be inverses here, though. For example: in the right light you can see how Zessica's repulsive-force power is a plausible inversion of Mikono's connecting ability (a stretch, but there it is...).

This looseness is part of what has me guessing Amata's real power will turn out to be something different, and his wings/flight are more analogous to Kagura's wolfbeast mode...but we'll see.
True, you can easily bend everything to fit however you'd want with these sorts of discussions. Which is why I said that the discussion on colors (which is even more open to interpretation) is just a passing aside that one shouldn't concern themselves with to too much. Same thing can be said for powers... that and we've already had the discussion.

The only thing with Amata is that we know the flight is his elemental power, they've said as much story wise. He just happens to also have been born with a physical representation of his ability in the form of wings. Kagu was born, I guess you could say, with the nose of a dog.
Old 2012-03-30, 12:17   Link #177
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
True, you can easily bend everything to fit however you'd want with these sorts of discussions. Which is why I said that the discussion on colors (which is even more open to interpretation) is just a passing aside that one shouldn't concern themselves with to too much. Same thing can be said for powers... that and we've already had the discussion.

The only thing with Amata is that we know the flight is his elemental power, they've said as much story wise. He just happens to also have been born with a physical representation of his ability in the form of wings. Kagu was born, I guess you could say, with the nose of a dog.
they could only speculate though. They're used to dealing with elements. So seeing something non-human in another would make them think it is an element. Flying is something tied to Amata genetically as seen with Alicia. They might not understand that. They'd probably think Kagura's beast powers were his element as well before they learned his real element.

Also by the sounds of it only women with elements can go through the portal to Altair without falling into a coma. Yet Alicia who seemingly had the same ability as Amata still fell into a coma when she passed through the gate.
Old 2012-03-30, 15:33   Link #178
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post

Also by the sounds of it only women with elements can go through the portal to Altair without falling into a coma. Yet Alicia who seemingly had the same ability as Amata still fell into a coma when she passed through the gate.
Because even if they are Elements there is risk as going through the dimensional portal is essentially teleportation. And teleportation has a risk of disabling a person.

Spoiler for Cloe and Pierre on Teleportation:
Old 2012-03-31, 01:03   Link #179
crayven

Taken from /a/..
http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.c...ntry-8613.html
Interview from Spoon.

Spoiler for Interview:

Something about ep 14 being risky or adventurous in the last sentence. I don't really know.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:41   Link #180
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Taken from /a/..
http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.c...ntry-8613.html
Interview from Spoon.

Spoiler for Interview:

Something about ep 14 being risky or adventurous in the last sentence. I don't really know.
Lulz, Uchiyama was like "oh my God, this anime is so scary" when he was auditioning for Kagura. Those Kuso-Onna and tralalala (... Don't ask, just... See if that actually comes true or not 8D;; ) that he must do...

Some rough translation on the first half, since I'm too lazy for the 2nd half (which mainly talks about the initial set-up for the characters and ep 14 is... Well, to paraphrase, it will be very surprising? Who knows? ):

Spoiler for Trans:

EDIT: Adding one since it's the most interesting part of the comments:

- 後半は相関図が大幅に変わる。みんな自分のキャラが死ぬんじゃと怯えている

- For the latter half, the "correlation diagram" (that is, how the characters' relationship to each other) will be significantly changed. (unsure, anyone who is more sure of how to translate this, please do) Everyone will be scared that their character will die.

Closed Thread