AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 12:03   Link #301
Zexas

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-21, 21:19   Link #302
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Great comment from GameSpot's comment logs...

SONY should tweet out:

"Hey MS we see your popularity falling, maybe your fans just couldn't #dealwithit ?"

and

"Good thing PS4 needs absolutely 0 internet connection."

I admit, I am a total SONY whore, and the PS4 didn't quite meet my expectations upon reveal, but I am now very pumped for E3. This will be a huge defining point for both consoles. SONY has an excellent opportunity to take a decided advantage through the summer news cycle and head into the holiday buying period with the lead in public perception.

We HAVE to see more games from PS4 at E3. SONY has to drive home the point that this is a GAMING console industry and that the PS4 is the console that will provide the far-superior GAMING experience.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:30   Link #303
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Sony doesn't have to do much- would be cool if they suddenly reveal backwards compatibility or a super affordable price at launch, but more than that- they just need to avoid pulling any funny nonsense and they'll have this in the bag.

Don't fuck this up... please don't fuck this up....
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:36   Link #304
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sony doesn't have to do much- would be cool if they suddenly reveal backwards compatibility or a super affordable price at launch, but more than that- they just need to avoid pulling any funny nonsense and they'll have this in the bag.

I think they can't just sit back. I think they have to try to stick the knife into Microsoft while there is a good opportunity to do so.

And, since we heard next to nothing about games for the One, SONY, I think, can stick that knife in by having a great showing of games, especially exclusives.

But, you're right in the sense that, at minimum, SONY just cannot f this up.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:38   Link #305
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:

That's what I'm hoping for. Since Sony is allowing us to play used games and doesn't have to be online to play games, the only bad thing about the PS4 at the moment are backwards comparability options... for now.

After the while MS conference earlier today, I'm starting to worry how Sony will address there own notes about their system next. I'm excited but cautious optimistic that things will turn out great.
Old 2013-05-21, 21:53   Link #306
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Curious, do you think gamers are willing to pay a bit more if they can have backwards compatibility?
Old 2013-05-21, 21:53   Link #307
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
the only bad thing about the PS4 at the moment are backwards comparability options... for now.
You have to consider how many are planning to buy a next gen console to play past gen games? Similar to the idea that someone would buy a bluray player to watch dvd. If you have a dvd player why would you buy a bluray player? Obviously to watch bluray.

That's basically the reason why PS3 is no longer backward compatible, it was too expensive to keep the ps2 guts inside when most probably bought it to play PS3 games. It's a nice incentive to have backward compatible... but at what cost? Higher production value and higher retail price.

Maybe ideally it would be best to release two models, one with and one without (bc). Of course they'll be a price difference since one will require more parts and see which sells more.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 21:57   Link #308
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Sony doesn't have to do much- would be cool if they suddenly reveal backwards compatibility
Isn't that what Gaikai is partly for? I've read somewhere that the plan is to have eventually the entire PS3, 2, and 1 library available for playing via streaming.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 03:10   Link #309
Westlo
Lets be reality

With the Wii U having the worst console launch since the Dreamcast (people need to stop insulting the Gamecube by comparing the two, the GC sold much better and actually had games year 1) and MS shooting itself in the foot, this gen is Sony's to lose... the return of the king!

I hope Sony get aggressive with the price point and go for $399, hilariously thanks to that that tablet controller which can't give Wii U the price cut it needs (its selling @ a loss right now) as well as Kinect 2.0... the ps4 is going to be a far superior console while being in the same ball park price wise.

Sony aren't going to block games, the rental market in Japan is absolutely massive, not to mention you don't need to connect to the internet to play it. The approach to used games is going to be exactly the same as it is right now, online passes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 03:24   Link #310
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
... Um, isn't video game rental illegal in Japan? Pretty sure it was last I checked.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:27   Link #311
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... Um, isn't video game rental illegal in Japan? Pretty sure it was last I checked.
Shit resale market I mean, I think we already did this convo a few months ago lol.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:46   Link #312
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
It's only illegal if the copyright holders doesn't give permission. For ex. if SE gave permission to a rental store, then that rental store can legally rent out SE games.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 04:54   Link #313
Sides

Still too early hard to judge, but if sony plays its cards right and side with consumers, they will dominate the global market again. Think sony did the right thing, in leaving DRM up to the publishers and staying out of it, this way they won't get the crap that MS is getting now atm. But as far as I understand the ps4 does have a drm feature build in, but like the ps3 region locking it is up to publishers if they want to use it or not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 05:07   Link #314
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
But as far as I understand the ps4 does have a drm feature build in, but like the ps3 region locking it is up to publishers if they want to use it or not.
Just a rumor, they had patents on that stuff for the PS2 as well.

Again you don't have to connect online to play games, so its pretty much an online pass like we have now.
Old 2013-05-22, 05:15   Link #315
Sides

The core difference here is that they are not backing it like MS are doing now, which imo is a good thing. I mean just look at pS3 region locking, non of the sony games used it, which kind of persuaded other publisher no to utilise the feature. I mean if EA says we want to use it, it will be EA problem, not sony's.
Just caught up with the latest development, if you want a console that last longer, get a PS4. Specwise it appears to be a generation, probably oversaturating here like I always do, ahead of the others. On paper it is a better long term investment.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 14:08   Link #316
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
That's basically the reason why PS3 is no longer backward compatible, it was too expensive to keep the ps2 guts inside when most probably bought it to play PS3 games.
Nonsense. The last backwards-compatible PS3s used software emulation that worked pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
With the Wii U having the worst console launch since the Dreamcast (people need to stop insulting the Gamecube by comparing the two, the GC sold much better and actually had games year 1)
The Dreamcast had a pretty good launch, actually, and it had games.
Old 2013-05-23, 15:22   Link #317
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Nonsense. The last backwards-compatible PS3s used software emulation that worked pretty well.
Only the CPU was emulated, the GPU was still a chip. While it is possible to get PS2 games running using software only (hence the PS2 classics on PSN) I'm guessing it needs to be done on a game-by-game basis and it's not something that's worth it, from a monetary perspective, to thrown in for free. Just sell the old model with an increasingly large profit margin.

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 02:13   Link #318
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The Dreamcast had a pretty good launch, actually, and it had games.
I don't know how much the Saturn sold in its first 6 months or I would've said that, and yeah like the Gamecube the Dreamcast had an awesome year 1 lineup.

Wii U is just disappointing on all fronts.
Old 2013-05-25, 04:24   Link #319
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

PlayStation 4 coming to U.K. in 2013, advert suggests

Quote:
Update: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has posted the same image on Twitter.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:46   Link #320
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Sony execs respond to #PS4NoDRM online campaign

If Sony ends up backstabbing their fans, the shitstorm would be even bigger than with MS... And they have to be retarded to not capitalize on this and kick out MS for the next 7-8 years.