AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 09:07   Link #481
dmaxzero

GT6 for PS3?? how does that makes any sense?
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 09:38   Link #482
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
An 80 million user base that's how it makes sense. Sony will not just abandon the PS3.

Also Kazunori has not ruled out a PS4 version of GT6. It will come.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-next-gen-gt6/

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/ps4-gran-...turally-appear
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 09:50   Link #483
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
The same reason Pokemon White/Black Version 2 came out for the DS instead of the 3DS: you make more money of an engine you already have and you reach a wider number of potential buyers

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:41   Link #484
Destined_Fate

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-sony-ceo-...supply-1307745

Sony is facing high demand for the PS4, may have issues fulfilling orders.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 12:43   Link #485
GDB

Glad I got my pre-order in on Amazon before the "Pre-order" button was even available (had to click "available from these sellers", choose amazon, and proceed from there). Even if I don't want to keep it this early in the cycle, seems like it may be an easy flip.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 18:35   Link #486
Fran
★Landlord San★
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
An 80 million user base that's how it makes sense. Sony will not just abandon the PS3.

Also Kazunori has not ruled out a PS4 version of GT6. It will come.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-next-gen-gt6/

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/ps4-gran-...turally-appear
thanks, i'll wait for the ps4 version of gt6 then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

already got it pre-ordered when Sony announced the price @ E3 on amazon.
Old 2013-06-15, 03:01   Link #487
RobotCat
In a Box

What is the PS4 actually launching with? It seems like most of the titles they've announced don't actually have solid release dates yet.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 03:13   Link #488
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
What is the PS4 actually launching with? It seems like most of the titles they've announced don't actually have solid release dates yet.
I just looked it up. It seems most game companies still have a TBA on their launch day. So you probably don't know what games are truly available until 1 month before release.
Old 2013-06-15, 05:24   Link #489
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Adam Boyes, Vice President of SCEA Publisher & Developer Relation talks to the Giantbomb guys in regards of how PS4 went from 4 GB to 8 GB ram, the origin of the viral 22s game sharing clip and the changes in Sony. It's quite an interesting podcast for you guys who are interested in PS4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5dQb...lpage#t=11873s

His appearance starts at 3:18:00, alcohol are involved so it's very informal.
Old 2013-06-15, 08:21   Link #490
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...ght=launch+day

PS4

Killzone: ShadowFall
Drive Club
Knack
The Witness
Warframe

Both

WatchDogs
Assassins Creed 4
NBA2K14
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty Ghost
NBA Live
Fifa 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Madden 25

WatchDogs and 2k14 are good enough for me, I'll be subbing to PS+ in the next day (X-COM just became a free PS3 game and I always wanted to play that) or two so that will let me check out Driveclub.

I liked what I saw of AssCreed 4 as well, i'll probably start playing the franchise from the start (think I have all of them except the Vita game as well as one more...) and if I become a fan than AC4 is locked in too.

Killer Instinct would be the next gen only game that interests me the the most, but it is what it is.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 18:01   Link #491
videoman190

Quote:

Quote:
As Long nobody gets shot over it just like the PS3 launch!
videoman190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 07:13   Link #492
Destined_Fate

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...rtner=yahootix

Gamers are speaking with their wallets following E3 2013, a show that was dominated by Sony PlayStation 4 in the next gen battle. Amazon has already sold out of the $400 PlayStation 4 launch edition of the next gen console, which will be available on day one of Sony’s launch. Sony is still selling PS4 as a $400 Standard Edition, but is not guaranteeing when gamers will receive that version this fall...

..The Xbox One Day One Edition is still available for $500. Amazon is not currently selling any Xbox One bundles. Microsoft MSFT -0.91%’s Forza Motorsport 5 is the only Xbox One game in the Top 20 bestselling games list on the site. Sony has three PS4 games (Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall) in the Top 20. Gamers are also buying the Dualshock 4 PS4 controller and the PlayStation 4 Camera. Three of the PS4 bundles (all but the Knack bundle) are in the Top 20 in Amazon sales.

While the PS4 Standard Edition is listed number one and Xbox One Day One Edition is listed number two on Amazon, sources have told me that PS4 is outselling Xbox One by two to one. I’ve emailed Amazon to confirm these numbers, but have not heard back. Baird video game analyst Colin Sebastian confirmed that PS4 is outselling Xbox One on both Amazon and GameStop GME +3.94%, but has not revealed any specific numbers.

Amazon is currently running a Facebook FB -0.34% poll asking consumers which console they’ll purchase, PS4 or Xbox One. With only six hours left in the poll, 95% of the over 40,000 gamers who replied said they’d be purchasing a PS4...

..In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate...
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:43   Link #493
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Outselling by two to one? That's a good number for xbone imo.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:02   Link #494
holybell84

Quote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...rtner=yahootix

Gamers are speaking with their wallets following E3 2013, a show that was dominated by Sony PlayStation 4 in the next gen battle. Amazon has already sold out of the $400 PlayStation 4 launch edition of the next gen console, which will be available on day one of Sony’s launch. Sony is still selling PS4 as a $400 Standard Edition, but is not guaranteeing when gamers will receive that version this fall...

..The Xbox One Day One Edition is still available for $500. Amazon is not currently selling any Xbox One bundles. Microsoft MSFT -0.91%’s Forza Motorsport 5 is the only Xbox One game in the Top 20 bestselling games list on the site. Sony has three PS4 games (Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall) in the Top 20. Gamers are also buying the Dualshock 4 PS4 controller and the PlayStation 4 Camera. Three of the PS4 bundles (all but the Knack bundle) are in the Top 20 in Amazon sales.

While the PS4 Standard Edition is listed number one and Xbox One Day One Edition is listed number two on Amazon, sources have told me that PS4 is outselling Xbox One by two to one. I’ve emailed Amazon to confirm these numbers, but have not heard back. Baird video game analyst Colin Sebastian confirmed that PS4 is outselling Xbox One on both Amazon and GameStop GME +3.94%, but has not revealed any specific numbers.

Amazon is currently running a Facebook FB -0.34% poll asking consumers which console they’ll purchase, PS4 or Xbox One. With only six hours left in the poll, 95% of the over 40,000 gamers who replied said they’d be purchasing a PS4...

..In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate...
40%??? I hope that is just untapped power or something, otherwise the blow to Microsoft will be a lot worse that what Sony had with PS3
Old 2013-06-16, 11:44   Link #495
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Outselling by two to one? That's a good number for xbone imo.
The 360 has almost double the install base vs PS3 in North America (44million to 26 million).

Despite all the outcry, there is still the real fact that Microsoft is a home-base company, and majority of the XBox features are heavily tailored towards the American audience. ( NFL, TV integration, etc ) And broadband availability isn't an issue there.

US & UK are arguably the 2 'real' markets where the 360 is stronger than the PS3. If PS3 wins there, even by 20%, they'll win by a landslide.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:36   Link #496
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
40%??? I hope that is just untapped power or something, otherwise the blow to Microsoft will be a lot worse that what Sony had with PS3
That number seems around right on paper. If Microsoft was forced to downclock the Xbone's GPU, then it's potentially a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The 360 has almost double the install base vs PS3 in North America (44million to 26 million).

Despite all the outcry, there is still the real fact that Microsoft is a home-base company, and majority of the XBox features are heavily tailored towards the American audience. ( NFL, TV integration, etc ) And broadband availability isn't an issue there.

US & UK are arguably the 2 'real' markets where the 360 is stronger than the PS3. If PS3 wins there, even by 20%, they'll win by a landslide.
The U.S. is the one place where Microsoft can carve a niche. The launch units should sell out there, and in Canada, the UK, and maybe Australia. The Xbone will be obliterated everywhere else.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:41   Link #497
Dirty_Harry

I doubt we'll see this 40% difference in practice. At least in the beginning of this generation will not be different.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:47   Link #498
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
I doubt we'll see this 40% difference in practice. At least in the beginning of this generation will not be different.
Actually, the difference will probably be greater at the beginning of the generation. In the past, differences in performance were hidden by the fact that different consoles used wildly different architecture. However, this time around, both the PS4 and the Xbone use very similar architecture, with Sony only being easier to develop for. So instead of jumping through programming hoops to eke the most out of a system's advantages, they're all very accessible. A programmer would have to design poorly on purpose to even have the two machines achieve parity.

Add to that the fact that the PS4 development tools are farther ahead, and there should be a noticeable difference on launch day. From what some E3 participants said, the PS4 versions of games looked a fair bit better than the Xbone versions. And that a lot more floor demos were running on the PS4 than on the Xbone.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:52   Link #499
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Add to that the fact that the PS4 development tools are farther ahead, and there should be a noticeable difference on launch day. From what some E3 participants said, the PS4 versions of games looked a fair bit better than the Xbone versions. And that a lot more floor demos were running on the PS4 than on the Xbone.
I m a little skeptical about it because I dont trust in the impartiality of these reports.

I suppose that many games are being developed on the PC (Final Fantasy, Battlefield 4), and then putting the graphics settings on medium for consoles.

I'll wait to confirm myself. when the games come out.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 16:22   Link #500
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm guessing the 3-OS's xbone is running ain't helping. Forgot where it was mentioned but I believe a lot of memory is dedicated to them, for all the "home features" to work.