AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 20:51   Link #541
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Can you really do that? I don't know why they would state it as a problem if it can be solved that easily.
Well, that is true. Though I haven't watched the news in a while so I don't know what is going on in Lebanon, if it is still not recovered I can see why it is a problem.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 20:56   Link #542
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Can you really do that? I don't know why they would state it as a problem if it can be solved that easily.
I use 3 accounts US, HongKong and Japanese acct on my PS3 which works.
Not unless the PS4 they IP block a country.
Old 2013-06-19, 20:58   Link #543
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Well, I was not talking about the multiple accounts. I meant can you really bypass the blocked country by using PSN account from another country? Last time I know we can't do that with ZoE HD's demo.
Old 2013-06-19, 21:15   Link #544
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

That's why PS4 is not region locking any games.

Also more good news the PS4 games are $60

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...will-cost-5999
Old 2013-06-19, 21:20   Link #545
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Well, I was not talking about the multiple accounts. I meant can you really bypass the blocked country by using PSN account from another country? Last time I know we can't do that with ZoE HD's demo.
That's because Konami are assholes. PSN stuff is normally region free and only locked to the account of the region. There is no IP block on PSN at least I have never heard such a thing.

This problem is not new. It's not blocked it's just that there are countries without a native PSN store and you need Plus on PS4 for multiplayer. But you can bypass it by creating an US/UK/whatever account and buy stuff there. I now several people who are doing this because they have no store.

So unless Sony went insane and decided to IP block which they have never done with games until now it should not be a big problem.

They still should fix it.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 21:31   Link #546
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
That's why PS4 is not region locking any games.

Also more good news the PS4 games are $60

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...will-cost-5999
All the more reason I glad I pre-ordered the system. Buying games this gen is definitely looking up, from Sony's standpoint. I wonder how it's go for MS.
Old 2013-06-19, 23:02   Link #547
Destined_Fate

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...se-on-consoles

[
Given Skyrim’s troubled history on PlayStation 3, we asked Hines if the decision to make The Elder Scrolls Online’s beta available first on PS4 was an olive branch to PlayStation gamers.

“It wasn’t intended that way,” Hines told us. “It was more just that when we were talking to the Sony guys, they were super excited about what we’re doing and what we can do together. They wanted to be big part of this. There’s been a big culture change at Sony. The folks that are there now, that we work with, are not the folks that we were working with a year or two ago. Guys like Adam Boyes and the team that he’s put together on the third-party side – which is who we interact with – I think are being super proactive at reaching out to us. They’re saying, ‘we love your games. I played Skyrim for 200 hours. I want to do more with you guys. What do you have going on?' Honestly, Adam was like, 'when can I come out and see everything that you’re making? I want to see everything you’re doing.’ Nobody had ever asked us that before. So just that dynamic is a little different.”]

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that Sony seems so much different now and for the better.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:10   Link #548
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just throwing this out there, for no reason other than crack.

Sony Santa Monica, if you're going to continue making God of War games...

Gimme a reboot with Norse Mythology.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:23   Link #549
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

They weren't spewing BS about the PS4 running "hotter" after all. Apparently, GDDR5 isn't exactly the most power efficient type of memory around (at least not in comparison to DDR3), so that translates to more heat. That's pretty much the consensus I've read across all the articles I've been researching.

Now the question is if Sony compensated for that higher running temperatures with adequate cooling, in order to avoid the longevity issues the 360 had with RRODs and what not. Of which I can only say, I hope so, because Japan isn't a market for XBone and so there's less likely to have a port for JRPGs outside of Squeenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Free games
Be careful for what you ask for, because I've spent more on a single so called 'free game' than I have on all other games combined for the three years since I started playing it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 09:50   Link #550
Sakuranbo
Kitsune Spy

So as far as backwards compatibility goes it's just whatever PSN marketplace is offering or PS3 streaming (if that is separate?) from what I heard.
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:17   Link #551
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
So as far as backwards compatibility goes it's just whatever PSN marketplace is offering or PS3 streaming (if that is separate?) from what I heard.
Yeah. In general PS3 is too hard to emulate. They would have to add 150 dollars to the price for the privilege.
Old 2013-06-20, 10:22   Link #552
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phirk View Post
The streaming option will be available "eventually" and will be "select titles only". Also: I'm pretty sure they won't allow you to pop in your PS3 bluray and stream that game from the web.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:42   Link #553
4Tran

The Cell was a poorly conceived CPU, and the price for it isn't coming down any time soon. It runs at a higher clock frequency (estimated at 3.2GHz) than the PS4's APU (estimated at 1.8GHz per core), so it's basically impossible to emulate. The only way to give the PS4 backwards compatibility would be to put a Cell processor in every unit, and that was never a workable solution.

I'm still holding my fingers crossed for PS1 and PS2 compatibility though as they can be done cheaply in the software. This may be one of the reasons why only PS3 was referred to when Sony talked about Gaikai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
They weren't spewing BS about the PS4 running "hotter" after all. Apparently, GDDR5 isn't exactly the most power efficient type of memory around (at least not in comparison to DDR3), so that translates to more heat. That's pretty much the consensus I've read across all the articles I've been researching.
It was BS. GDDR5 doesn't run much hotter than normal DDR3 to begin with, and the Xbone is using 2133MHz RAM that runs a bit warmer. RAM makes a lot less heat than the APU to begin with, so it's effectively a trivial issue.

Quote:
Be careful for what you ask for, because I've spent more on a single so called 'free game' than I have on all other games combined for the three years since I started playing it.
Yup. It's one of the reasons why Sony has jumped into the F2P market so wholeheartedly.
Old 2013-06-20, 15:56   Link #554
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
My Vita is linked to my US account which is now going to be my main account period since that will be the account which has PS+ on it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 19:16   Link #555
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Few of the reasons here why I'm getting a PS4 later.
Old 2013-06-22, 01:15   Link #556
cyberdemon

I'll never get an xbox. playstation only for me. even if MS didn't take away the drm and required online functions, what's to say that they won't randomly decide to put them back in later. Everything needed will still be there. They changed their minds very quickly which makes me also worry that they will change it back just as quickly when they have consoles sold.
Old 2013-06-22, 03:10   Link #557
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Even if they did undo their policies, Microsoft still showed what they really think of consumers. Even without that, their console is still both weaker and more expensive.

And their lineup of games is still not as interesting to me as sony's. And don't forget that the entire indie scene is deserting the xbox one. If you want unique and innovative indie games, you're not going to find them on the xbox one.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 04:36   Link #558
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Posted this on the wrong thread! XD

PS4 is Sexy.

Old 2013-06-22, 04:58   Link #559
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Penny Arcade said that the feeling of touching the DS4 controller is like touching boobs for the first time....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 11:53   Link #560
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!

Quote:
Indeed, but also ultimately irrelevant. The amount of heat that is put out by memory modules are miniscule in the grand scheme of things. CPU/GPU generates far more heat by orders of magnitudes. Touting the difference in heat generation by DDR3 vs 5 is like declaring your match burns a little colder than the other guy's while you're engulfed in a forest fire.
kyp275 is online now   Reply With Quote