AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 12:09   Link #561
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Indeed, but also ultimately irrelevant. The amount of heat that is put out by memory modules are miniscule in the grand scheme of things. CPU/GPU generates far more heat by orders of magnitudes. Touting the difference in heat generation by DDR3 vs 5 is like declaring your match burns a little colder than the other guy's while you're engulfed in a forest fire.
More Heat and energy consumption is a worry, but transfer rate comparison should be enough to quell worries. The DDR5 is quad pumped resulting in transfer rates double that of the DDR3. Most high end gaming laptop preferable has the DDR5. The average data rate of the DDR5 is 3,500 megatransfers per second while the highest DDR3 is 2,133 megatransfers per second. So its a faster bandwidth than the DDR3. The gains are small, but nevertheless it is a gain and an improvement in performance.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 00:50   Link #562
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Sony teases more PS4 games at Gamescom

Quote:
"We very consciously, at the event in New York on February 20 of this year, we showed a lot of software. We showed a lot of first-party software. What we did at E3 here was really show some updates to those games, and, as you mentioned, introduce The Order: 1886. There’s a lot coming. I’m sure you heard from [SCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has—just his studios—he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP. So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans—we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?"

Don't tease me bro...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:05   Link #563
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't tease me bro...
I just want to know how many of those titles would be the 'mid-tier/PSN titles'.

I mean, it's fair to assume there's at least 5 AAA first-party titles still unannounced, based on their studios... like Guerrilla Team #2, Naughty Dogs Team #2, Sony Santa Monica Team #1 & #2, Media Molecule... and presumably one SCE Japan co-development title.

But you never know the kind of possibilities that may pop up... like the announcement of 'The Order', made by previously PSP-only developer.

I need to set my expectations, damn it!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 06:47   Link #564
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Posted this on the wrong thread! XD

PS4 is Sexy.

What is seen, cannot be unseen.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 03:23   Link #565
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/...ystation-plus/

Also this Sony has confirmed that not all Online needs a PS Plus!

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2013/06...-needs-ps-plus
Old 2013-06-24, 03:39   Link #566
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

I had considered creating a Japanese account as well, but decided against it

About F2P and PS+, I'm wondering does it include games like Destiny?
Old 2013-06-24, 04:00   Link #567
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Well, that is nice and all, but I think most people would just get the PS+ themselves in case that their favorite games could require PS+ subscription.

Still, it's a good move for them.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:29   Link #568
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Sony: Most gamers "don't want to buy online right now"
Old 2013-06-24, 10:32   Link #569
Kirito
Tease to Please!♥

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Well isn't that to be expected since we've gotten use the the services that the PSN offers currently. I mean, to suddenly pay if we wish to play online for certain games will take time to get use to.

I won't mind having to pay to use the onlines services offered, but that's just me.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:57   Link #570
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
I think Sony got burned really bad with the PSP Go fiasco. I personally believe that the core gamer will offer quite a bit of resistance at first but eventually surrenders to the convenience of getting the game "right now". Of course that, for that to happen, digital prices need to be "right" with regular sales and competitive pricing up front when put against regular retail offers and imho Sony has started to get those right (at least here in my neck of the woods).

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 13:40   Link #571
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Of course that, for that to happen, digital prices need to be "right" with regular sales and competitive pricing up front when put against regular retail offers and imho Sony has started to get those right (at least here in my neck of the woods).
This is one of the two big things that needs to happen for digital to take off. First, price it reasonably better than physical. If you're cutting costs by not needing overhead, pass the savings on to the consumer. If you do not, don't expect us to give up the collectability and versatility (keep, trade, sell) of a physical copy. The other of course being internet companies that do not act like bandwidth is food at a homeless shelter.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 15:39   Link #572
Destined_Fate

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/...t-for-the-set/

Taken from a [Yomonachi4] from gamefaqs who shared this.

[Remember “Old Man Face” from the reveal conference of the PS4 that a lot of people mocked as unimpressive or irrelevant? It has since become a full fledged tech demo that impressed everyone at E3, causing many of those that mocked Quantic Dream to simply eat crow.

Fact is, though, that we didn’t know very much about the technicalities behind the demo, until now.

A rather noisy shakycam video from E3 by Youtube user TheAireaidLord shows (between other things) Quantic Dream QA Manager Gavin Niebel as he explains quite a few behind-the-scenes details to the crowd watching the demo. What we learn from the explanation possibly makes it even more impressive, and gives us hopes to see even better in the future.

The demo, that has absolutely no pre-rendering, post production or video inserts, represents only the first iteration of Quantic Dream’s development cycle for the PS4, and while it runs between 30 and 90 fps (the frame rate wasn’t optimized yet), it does so at native 1080p resolution, textures included. The developer still didn’t have access to full PS4 development tools, so they had to make do with the same PS3 development pipeline used for Beyond: Two Souls “shoving in a bunch of high-fidelity assets”.

The set alone is made of a whopping one million triangles, and the volumetric lighting is completely dynamic between “movie” conditions and “studio” conditions. It can be switched at will within a single frame. The most impressive part? It only uses four of the eight gigabytes of GDRR5 RAM under the hood of the PS4.

Maurice the Goblin is made by 67,000 triangles, 40 different shaders, 150 Megabytes of texture data, and can be defined a CG-quality model despite running in real time. He has 388 different bones in his “body”.

If you haven’t seen the tech demo yet, you can find it just below, alongside the shakycam video itself. If yous skip to 16:50 you can see Niebel switching between lighting conditions at will.

As I said in a previous piece, one thing is for sure: those that laughed and sneered at the “old man face” during the PS4's unveiling presentation owe Quantic Dream a big apology.]
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 16:37   Link #573
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Looks like PS4's OS is based on BSD, I like it Link
Old 2013-06-24, 17:27   Link #574
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Well it's true some gamers prefer a single player experience first before indulging online.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:17   Link #575
Xellos-_^
Married

i like buying digital because of the conveniences factor. But i really wish digital ver would get a 10-15% discount.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:23   Link #576
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i like buying digital because of the conveniences factor. But i really wish digital ver would get a 10-15% discount.
Me too, if it was. Unfortunately, it haven't reach that stage. Gamestop and other major gaming retailer may go out of business if it was done correctly. Well people may still buy from Gamestop because of exclusives gain from preordering.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 13:04   Link #577
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
If there is a choice between physical and digital, I'll always go for physical. I just love filling my shelf with discs and books.

Well, unless digital get significant discount compare to physical.
Old 2013-06-25, 14:03   Link #578
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Looks like PS4's OS is based on BSD, I like it Link
so, that's where they got the ps4 codename Orbis from.
Old 2013-06-25, 15:55   Link #579
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Sony has started doing that, that's why I think they are on the right track for now.

Example:
Epic Mickey 2 (Vita) - 20€ in stores, 15€ on PSN.

I'm just afraid that it won't last since they effectively have no competition whatsoever. If they sold codes to other retailers like Steam does then I would be a bit more relieved.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 20:28   Link #580
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The PSN always has a sale on some digital items every month.