AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 23:43   Link #641
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just like my shipping preference is very focused, my gaming preferences veer on only specific games and genres. Of the games offered during the IGC, I only really like to play Double Dragon, KOF 13, and NBA Jam.

Not arguing it's good value though. Maybe once I get PS4 + Vita (what are the odds they'll bundle them together?), or there's a decent game offered, I'll get PS+.
I completely get what you mean, because I'm very picky with games myself.

But my mentality towards this is that since it's free, there's really no harm in trying out a few of them that you normally wouldn't at all.

Although, atm I'm playing Muramasa Rebirth so those PS+ games are collecting cyber dust until I'm done
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 04:45   Link #642
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm sure there are games you would never intend to buy but would actually enjoy if you played the game, that's what's so good about the IGC, as long as you have the bandwidth and hard drive space lol.

I just signed up myself, I was slightly interested in getting X-Com, Saints Row 3rd and Vanquish but just not got around to them since my backlog was so big I couldn't justify buying them. Heck I still have Injustice and Bioshock Infinite unopened....

Edit - I hope that the july update for US PS+ has Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, if not I might sign up for the PAL PS+ as well and grab that before it leaves the rotation in a few days time. DmC is also coming August in PAL, no way I would pay for that game but I'll gladly rent it via this method.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-07-01 at 05:13.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:51   Link #643
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Boh XCOM and Vanquish are awesome, but hard as balls

Amalur you say? I didn't get a chance to buy it when it first came out...
Old 2013-07-01, 10:05   Link #644
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am wondering though, how can Xbox 360 weak performance power is able to play Titan Falls?
Since when was the Xbox 360 "weak"? This sounds like a troll.
Quote:
As oppose to these Exclusives such as Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Falls, and The Order: 1886 are all PS4 exclusive, not PS3. It shows that these games require the best up to date system.
It doesn't show anything, actually.
Old 2013-07-01, 11:26   Link #645
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm sure there are games you would never intend to buy but would actually enjoy if you played the game, that's what's so good about the IGC, as long as you have the bandwidth and hard drive space lol.
Between trying to give a 3 episode grace period for every subbed anime every cour and between the games I specifically buy AND between playing LOL with my friends... if there are games out there I don't want to buy but would enjoy, it's not worth to spend what little free time I have trying to find those hidden gems among all the gravel.

Maybe once I get a Vita that might change though, since I find the Android market to be woefully devoid of decent games that I find myself always looking for games to occupy my 'in between' time.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 11:48   Link #646
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Titanfall will be 360 as well.

Honestly, I don't know if it's EA or MS's decision here to cross-port to 3 platforms, but doing that instantly destroys Titanfall's potential as a system mover.

Even more so thanks to the 2014 release.... it's going to be competing with some heavy hitters like Destiny.
It'd be EA's decision. They want Titanfall to be the next Call of Duty, and the only way to do so is to have as much penetration as possible. Even if it releases in June 2014, the Xbone install base is going to be 5-6 million at most. A 360 and a PC release will give EA a much better chance of getting enough sales.

On the other hand, EA also took Microsoft's money to make Titanfall an exclusive in the assumption that the Xbone will dominate North America and the UK like the 360 did. But with the pre-order numbers in, and the low allocation of the Xbone, this doesn't look to be the case. I imagine that EA's financials on Titanfall don't look all that good, and they're going to jump to PS4 as soon as the exclusivity contract runs out. This lateness is definitely going to put a damper on their adoption rate.

Quote:
Reggie is in charge of Nintendo of America, saying he's just a PR guy is laughable, just a PR guy is someone like Major Nelson, not someone in Reggie's position. He's suppose to be Nintendo's Jack Tretton, not their Major Nelson. Yes Tretton and Reggie obviously do PR since they try to sell their company but that's not the only thing they do clearly.
To be fair, Nintendo of America doesn't have very much authority - all the shots are called by NCL. It's a stark contrast to how much influence SCEA and SCEE have in the Playstation division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't that the list about those games that they already offered in IGC this year? Would be cool if they start giving away those again, since I just join PS+ recently.
There have been very few repeats so far. Sony's more likely to offer different games instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Since when was the Xbox 360 "weak"? This sounds like a troll.
It is when it's compared to the Xbone and PC. EA wouldn't have brought Titanfall to the 360 if they thought that the numbers were there for the new consoles. The same goes for all the third party publishers (at least for 2014).
Old 2013-07-01, 14:45   Link #647
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Disgaea 3 for the Vita was on the Instant Game Collection in the US? Damn, I wish we in europe got that one

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 17:37   Link #648
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Swedish retailer lists Demon’s Souls 2 for PS4

Interesting turn of events? Or big messed up?
Old 2013-07-01, 18:21   Link #649
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Swedish retailer lists Demon’s Souls 2 for PS4

Interesting turn of events? Or big messed up?
Most likely a mess up considering the history of retailer's accuracy with game release details. I doubt Namco Bandai is going to release another title that overlaps so heavily with it so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised though if there's a port of Dark Souls 2 in development for the next gen consoles but the possibility of a new Demon Souls by From Software is very unlikely for now until they finished Dark Souls 2.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2013-07-01 at 18:40.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:39   Link #650
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

launch titles

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-01, 23:12   Link #651
videoman190

The road to the PlayStation 4
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/29...-playstation-4
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:34   Link #652
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Never mind launch titles, what's the launch date already ?!
Old 2013-07-01, 23:57   Link #653
videoman190

Maybe at the Tokyo Game Show? It is just a guess but it is most likely.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 00:03   Link #654
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Never mind launch titles, what's the launch date already ?!
Gamescom (Aug. 22-25) is the most likely time for Sony to announce when the launch will be in North America, Europe and most other territories. They didn't specify a month, so they were aiming for late October pending manufacture and software production. On the hardware side, all indications are that there will be a lot of units available at retail, so October is certainly in play. The software side is still a big question mark, so that's what will hold Sony back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Maybe at the Tokyo Game Show? It is just a guess but it is most likely.
They'll announce the date for the Japanese release then. There's not enough attention at TGS for it to host something as important as the worldwide launch.
Old 2013-07-02, 03:33   Link #655
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Most likely a mess up considering the history of retailer's accuracy with game release details. I doubt Namco Bandai is going to release another title that overlaps so heavily with it so soon.

I wouldn't be surprised though if there's a port of Dark Souls 2 in development for the next gen consoles but the possibility of a new Demon Souls by From Software is very unlikely for now until they finished Dark Souls 2.
If it's Demon Souls 2 than Namco Bandai will have nothing to do with it since Sony own the Demon Souls IP. Also a Demon Souls 2 released in say 2015 on a PS4 helmed by Miyazaki, the producer of Demon Souls and Dark Souls (he stepped down for DS2...) is "different" enough to Dark Souls 2 released in 2014 for Ps360.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:01   Link #656
T-6000

I remember back when the PS3 first launched, at the waiting line Staff members of PC Gamers approached a couple of potential customers waiting in line for their own PS3. PC Gamer gave them an offer, that the two men would each receive a top of the line Gaming PC rig in exchange that they sign a waiver to not pick up a PS3 for a couple of years.

I wonder if PC Gamer will pull off that same stunt with people waiting in line for the PS4 (or the Xbox One for that matter)?
Old 2013-07-02, 21:12   Link #657
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I remember back when the PS3 first launched, at the waiting line Staff members of PC Gamers approached a couple of potential customers waiting in line for their own PS3. PC Gamer gave them an offer, that the two men would each receive a top of the line Gaming PC rig in exchange that they sign a waiver to not pick up a PS3 for a couple of years.

I wonder if PC Gamer will pull off that same stunt with people waiting in line for the PS4 (or the Xbox One for that matter)?
That... Sounds kinda dickish of them
Old 2013-07-02, 21:16   Link #658
GDB

I don't see how. Free stuff just to not buy something right now? Unless that something is food, shelter, medicine, or gas, I don't see how it's dickish.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:47   Link #659
4Tran

Quote:
If it's Demon Souls 2 than Namco Bandai will have nothing to do with it since Sony own the Demon Souls IP. Also a Demon Souls 2 released in say 2015 on a PS4 helmed by Miyazaki, the producer of Demon Souls and Dark Souls (he stepped down for DS2...) is "different" enough to Dark Souls 2 released in 2014 for Ps360.
I'm pretty sure that Demon Souls 2 is already in production - the only real questions are which studio is handling the project, and when the release date is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post

I doubt it. The PC platform was in a lot of trouble in 2006, so PC Gamer may have felt a need to publicize it. Now, it's a very different story as indie games have found a huge amount of popularity, crowd-funding like Kickstarter has revitalized some of the old PC genres, and the most popular games in the world live mainly on the PC. PC games have become ever more easy to access while game consoles become more and more like PCs. There's no need to garner cheap publicity when there's already an ever growing audience for the platform.

As an aside, why would the Xbone's media features hold any attraction for PC gamers when they can already do all the featured functions and a lot more besides?
Old 2013-07-03, 17:31   Link #660
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see how. Free stuff just to not buy something right now?
The implication was that a top-of-the-line PC gaming rig was superior to a PlayStation 3.