AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-22, 07:46   Link #941
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
These exclusives announced @ Gamescom are part of the 20 games that are being produced by World Wide Studios for the first year of the PS4 yeah? Still gotta say I'm underwhelmed by what has been announced, hopefully Sony Japan deliver @ TGS. (Demon Souls 2 and TLG would be megatons)
Yeah, they're not that impressive, but they're pretty clearly the 'mid-card' exclusives in Sony's line-up.

Sony's already announced their core launch exclusives, 3 megaton-tier titles, and the mid-card titles for 2014.

Pretty much everything else unannounced is either the usual annual franchises (MLB The Show), a few more low-key titles, and the megatons.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm actually hoping for a series reboot, ditch the greek gods and give me the Norse! But if the GoW: Ascension team is working on this game it will still be a few years off.

I'll expect SSM main games to release in this order...

Stig's team (nothing since GOW3)
GOW: Ascension team (been working on PS4 since they finished their last game)
Balrog's team (currently putting a team together)

Still if they can get a top tier SSM game out each year by rotating through these 3 teams, they'll do good and it will give GOW some rest.
An annual title from SSM each year? That seems pretty aggressive, even if they're all different games.

Sony has enough AAA-studios and teams that I think SSM, even with 3 teams, can afford to put a bit more focus into their titles so that they continue releasing excellent games.

Anyway, that potential is still at least 2 years away. Ascension Team is going to take at least 2-3 years for their next title, and Balrog's is probably 4 years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Naughty Dog situation is pretty interesting, are they even still developing Uncharted? Lots of people think Sony Bend could be doing it because they are doing PS4 and are working on something they are familiar with. Which would either be Uncharted because they did Golden Abyss for Vita, or Syphon Filter because of the PSP games.

So maybe

BEND - Uncharted PS4
Naughty Dog Uncharted 3 team - New IP
Naughty Dog The Last of Us/Uncharted 2 team - Last of Us 2
BEND is pretty small though... they only have 40+ people on that team, if I'm not wrong. They're definitely capable, but I don't think they have the scale to develop a AAA-title with a 2-year cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So the PS4 isn't region locked then? You guys went off on a slightly confusing tangent with the X-Box 1 region locking.
PS4 is not region locked.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 08:55   Link #942
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Yeah, they're not that impressive, but they're pretty clearly the 'mid-card' exclusives in Sony's line-up.

Sony's already announced their core launch exclusives, 3 megaton-tier titles, and the mid-card titles for 2014.

Pretty much everything else unannounced is either the usual annual franchises (MLB The Show), a few more low-key titles, and the megatons.
To be honest, I don't expect Sony announce anymore big titles, unless teaser for something for the next summer. However, I'm hoping for big Japanese titles announcement, though. It'd be better if the Japanese folks have something at launch for them.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 09:11   Link #943
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
To be honest, I don't expect Sony announce anymore big titles, unless teaser for something for the next summer. However, I'm hoping for big Japanese titles announcement, though. It'd be better if the Japanese folks have something at launch for them.
I disagree. There's still Spike Video Games Award in December, where Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica had previously announced their upcoming titles.

It's generally seen as a favourable platform to announce upcoming games because of the live-TV coverage.

A Sony insider at GAF said that Sony's plan is to have one 'big game' per quarter, and leading up to 2014, that means they still haven't announced at least 2 major titles.

Q4 2013 : Killzone : Shadow Fall
Q1 2014 : inFamous : Second Son
Q2 2014 : The Order : 1886 (assumption)

Q3 and Q4 are still not accounted for, and no way Sony is not going to have a megaton title for holidays 2014, especially since Microsoft is obviously going to use their ultimate weapon, Halo.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 10:31   Link #944
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Sony basically kept PS3 policies for PS4. The games are region free by default unless the game publishers wish otherwise. There are only two PS3 games that were region locked, as a result.
Huh, which ones were those?
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 10:46   Link #945
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
The next big one would be TGS. Personally, the only reason why I would want to buy a PS4 is for the japanese games on it which for most part, the playstation have been pretty dominant in and have the least chance of being ported to the PC.

All the internet wanking between the consoles is kind of a side note in comparison to the games.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 10:46   Link #946
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Huh, which ones were those?
Persona 4 Arena is one.

There is suppose to be another, but I heard they changed it somehow.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 11:42   Link #947
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The next big one would be TGS. Personally, the only reason why I would want to buy a PS4 is for the japanese games on it which for most part, the playstation have been pretty dominant in and have the least chance of being ported to the PC.

All the internet wanking between the consoles is kind of a side note in comparison to the games.
Yakuza Ishin seems dead-on locked for PS4.

...

Please localise it, SEGA. T_T
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 15:24   Link #948
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly looking forward to TGS. I mean the indie games are great, and looking forward to a lot of already announced stuff like Infamous, but I'm always going to be more interested in any JRPGs coming out. So looking forward the most to news coming out of there.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 15:28   Link #949
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly looking forward to TGS. I mean the indie games are great, and looking forward to a lot of already announced stuff like Infamous, but I'm always going to be more interested in any JRPGs coming out. So looking forward the most to news coming out of there.
I wholeheartedly agree with you there. While indie games have been great to keep my vita going through the lack of major releases I'm seriously hopping to get some jRPG announcements for both the PS4 and the Vita out of TGS.

I mean, I'm already practically sold on the PS4 after the mandatory remote play thing but I still want to see some nice games jRPG announced for it.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 15:32   Link #950
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you there. While indie games have been great to keep my vita going through the lack of major releases I'm seriously hopping to get some jRPG announcements for both the PS4 and the Vita out of TGS.

I mean, I'm already practically sold on the PS4 after the mandatory remote play thing but I still want to see some nice games jRPG announced for it.
Yeah, at this point I'm already pretty confident on getting a PS4 at some point (budget allowing). It's just that I'm looking forward to news on the kinds of games I'm most interested in.

There isn't much choice for me on new systems anyways. I'm still wary of Microsoft after what they initially tried to force on people and there still isn't much on the Wii U I'd even want to play. At least the PS4 has games I'm interested in and Playstation is usually good for JRPGs.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 18:53   Link #951
Siegel Clyne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Postpone Getting PS4

I have a lot on my wish list: a new, upcoming 15" Retina MacBook Pro, an iPad 5, an iPhone 5S (I like Apple products), maybe a new gaming PC... and a Sony PlayStation 4.

But I may postpone on getting the PS4 this year.

If Naughty Dog puts out an Uncharted 4 or a The Last of Us 2 on PS4, that would make getting the game console so much sweeter.

Uncharted is my favorite game series. I finished Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 on Crushing a while back and earned a Crushing Trophiy for each; I completed Uncharted 1 on Normal. Uncharted 1 seems to be the most difficult of the three games, and I know I could finish it on Crushing, but I always hated the jet ski portion of the game, where you shoot as Elena instead of Nate, who drives the jet ski.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-22 at 19:41.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:49   Link #952
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ugh. I so want to pre-order a PS4 and a few games, but I've discovered that new job and commute takes up sooooooooo much time.... Of course, it also pays more than well enough to not break a sweat in paying for this.

As the boss of my boss said a few weeks ago, "I told my wife I want to buy two things: The Last of Us and the time to play it."

I've been so out of the loop with developments recently.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:02   Link #953
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Lol, I am so waiting on getting a PS4 until sometime next year. I remember the chaos of getting a PS3 back when it came out (I didn't actually get it on its release or for Christmas that year, but I heard plenty of horror stories and news stories, including the one where somebody shot a person over it)

The hurry for it will have died down a bit next year, especially without an upcoming major holiday creating heavy demand.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 23:23   Link #954
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lol, I am so waiting on getting a PS4 until sometime next year. I remember the chaos of getting a PS3 back when it came out (I didn't actually get it on its release or for Christmas that year, but I heard plenty of horror stories and news stories, including the one where somebody shot a person over it)

The hurry for it will have died down a bit next year, especially without an upcoming major holiday creating heavy demand.
This?
PS3 Madness
Second link about the same thing
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 02:36   Link #955
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Ugh. I so want to pre-order a PS4 and a few games, but I've discovered that new job and commute takes up sooooooooo much time.... Of course, it also pays more than well enough to not break a sweat in paying for this.

As the boss of my boss said a few weeks ago, "I told my wife I want to buy two things: The Last of Us and the time to play it."

I've been so out of the loop with developments recently.
I'm with you. The only gaming I've done recently has been on my Vita before going to bed but there are so many games on the ps3 and steam I still want to play that it's not even funny (Tales of Graces F and Hate Plus come to mind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lol, I am so waiting on getting a PS4 until sometime next year. I remember the chaos of getting a PS3 back when it came out (I didn't actually get it on its release or for Christmas that year, but I heard plenty of horror stories and news stories, including the one where somebody shot a person over it)

The hurry for it will have died down a bit next year, especially without an upcoming major holiday creating heavy demand.
I'm personally waiting for Christmas before getting mine. Plenty of retailers do store-wide discounts from time to time so I'm hoping to at least use one of those deals to get some games for free like I did when I bought the PS3 (20% of the price offered as a coupon)
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 06:44   Link #956
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
There's no reason to buy in early on a console unless there's a game you really want to play. Until the mass market is saturated with the system, you'll still see developers making games for the previous generation console just because there's an existing install base there.

However, considering Naughty Dog is one of Sony's top tier development team, they are mostly be tasked to make their next game for PS4 especially when they just finished TLOU.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 07:11   Link #957
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
I'll be buying a PS4 as early as I can, but I'm not that concern if I couldn't get it specifically at launch.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 07:52   Link #958
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'll be buying a PS4 as early as I can, but I'm not that concern if I couldn't get it specifically at launch.
Same for me, if anything, I do not want to risk getting into the chaos of launch day. Though I will miss the BBQ during that day with guys from the neighborhood.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 09:57   Link #959
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'll be buying a PS4 as early as I can, but I'm not that concern if I couldn't get it specifically at launch.
By the time it reaches our borders, it's not going to really have any problems with stock.

Maybe a small launch day madness, but it'll be nothing compared to the Tier-1 countries.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:33   Link #960
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
There's no reason to buy in early on a console unless there's a game you really want to play. Until the mass market is saturated with the system, you'll still see developers making games for the previous generation console just because there's an existing install base there.

However, considering Naughty Dog is one of Sony's top tier development team, they are mostly be tasked to make their next game for PS4 especially when they just finished TLOU.
It's more about having previously purchased the PS2 and PS3 each first-day. Wanna maintain a streak.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.