AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-30, 19:20   Link #1181
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I'm definitely waiting before I jump onboard the PS4/XBONE train (like I have a choice). I didn't get a 360 until 2010 and I am still looking for a PS3 to get (I have a lot of catching up) and by the time I have the money to actually by a PS4 most of the games I want will already have underwent several price reductions *sigh* I hate being poor
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 19:59   Link #1182
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Does that mean that you find it odd that you would want to listen to your own tunes when playing some multiplayer shooter/soccer game/racing game like you can do on current generation consoles? Do you find it odd that people would expect to be able to stream movies from their PCs like the current generation console does so competently?

Heck, even the PS1 supported audio CDs ffs!

These few lacking features combined are enough for me to downgrade the PS4 from "must-buy" to "will consider one if it ever drops to 250€ and shows some decent exclusives". I use the upnp streaming feature quite a lot to watch tv shows, movies and anime on my living room TV using PS3 Media Server and if the new one doesn't support that it isn't worth the 500€ they are asking for it.
LOL hahahaha what an exaggerated reaction. PS4 cost 400 btw. And guess what Xbox one also unable to become media server. So If you just simply want it just keep your PS3 and 360.
Old 2013-10-30, 20:11   Link #1183
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Does that mean that you find it odd that you would want to listen to your own tunes when playing some multiplayer shooter/soccer game/racing game like you can do on current generation consoles? Do you find it odd that people would expect to be able to stream movies from their PCs like the current generation console does so competently?

Heck, even the PS1 supported audio CDs ffs!

These few lacking features combined are enough for me to downgrade the PS4 from "must-buy" to "will consider one if it ever drops to 250€ and shows some decent exclusives". I use the upnp streaming feature quite a lot to watch tv shows, movies and anime on my living room TV using PS3 Media Server and if the new one doesn't support that it isn't worth the 500€ they are asking for it.
Truthfully, I love to immerse myself in just gaming. Other features are a nice plus, but I find them unneeded. I didn't even do that stuff mentioned on the current generation so I don't know the big worry. I want a gaming console with the sole purpose of gaming otherwise why in the world did I buy an Ipod in the first place (only uses is working out, not a heavy music fan).
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:02   Link #1184
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
It definitely is a big deal, really. Can't deny that there is a blunder on their part regarding this. At least I'm glad Shu considers it.

Old 2013-10-30, 21:51   Link #1185
BeyondTheGrave007
anonymous

Does anyone know if you're able too change your username if you transfer your ps3 account to the ps4?
BeyondTheGrave007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 21:59   Link #1186
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheGrave007 View Post
Does anyone know if you're able too change your username if you transfer your ps3 account to the ps4?
I think it remains the same, though I am a bit out of the loop these things. Best to ask Chaos.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:12   Link #1187
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So, a gaming system that can't play plain music?

Old 2013-10-30, 22:14   Link #1188
Freeter
back in style

Quote:
Can you connect an external hard drive? No. Can I stream video or movies from my PC? Of course not. “The PS4 system does not support client functionality for media servers,” Sony explains, helpfully.
FUCK. THAT.

I use my PS3 mostly as a media center so I don't have to tether my laptop to the TV, and I have an external USB drive for not just videos, but pics and audio. Now Sony is telling me I can't do any of that? Screw that noise.

I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch, but now it looks like my PS3 isn't going anywhere in the near future. And I swear, if Sony implements a firmware update that eliminates this functionality on the PS3 also, heads will roll
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 22:16   Link #1189
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Given the limitations on video filetypes that the PS3 could play, I never got that into using my PS3 as a movie file player for my HDTV anyway.
Old 2013-10-30, 22:59   Link #1190
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
I'm okay with this as long as I can play BD
Old 2013-10-30, 23:04   Link #1191
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I guess..........I am an old breed of gamer, seems like a lot of people are touchy about the PS4 not being a media center. I am not even in my mid 20's and I already having thoughts that I am old seeing the comments now. Here I thought the only thing that should matter on a gaming console is the ability to play games at a high level.
Old 2013-10-30, 23:31   Link #1192
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I guess..........I am an old breed of gamer, seems like a lot of people are touchy about the PS4 not being a media center. I am not even in my mid 20's and I already having thoughts that I am old seeing the comments now. Here I thought the only thing that should matter on a gaming console is the ability to play games at a high level.
More like it's a downgrade from what they have previously. Different from the paywall for multiplay, Sony can't give us any good reason for this, that's why people are angry.

I'm sticking with the PS3 since there are still a lot of games I want to play on that system, and I'm not the kind to pursue graphic. The only feature I love about the PS4 is the ability to record and stream gameplay, which will help a lot for in-house fighting games tournament.

Don't get me wrong. I will buy a PS4, but not now, and I have the right to feel disappointed that some of the features are taken away from the previous gen. If you are an old breed of gamers, you would actually stick with building a PC instead.
Old 2013-10-30, 23:32   Link #1193
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well I am almost 30 (old lol) and I agree with you wholeheartedly, it's the same thing with the XBONE -- well actually the deal there is that Microsoft has advertised it mainly as a Cable/DVD/Tv box with the added function of playing games. It makes you wonder who will shell out the $60+ to buy 1 or 2 games when the console's own company is not even promoting it as a gaming device.
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 00:29   Link #1194
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
More like it's a downgrade from what they have previously. Different from the paywall for multiplay, Sony can't give us any good reason for this, that's why people are angry.
Actually, I'm surprised that they haven't come up with an excuse at all-- They just lay it out there.

With the Multiplayer-paywall Shu was pretty quick to at least say that it's to help fund for an improved network or something.

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-10-31 at 00:41.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 00:59   Link #1195
sa547
*Author

I thought it redundant to turn a console into a media center, when my computer can do most of PS4's media functions except to play PS4 games. What I am interested in the PS4 is the ability to buy and play someone's used discs without restriction.
Old 2013-10-31, 01:05   Link #1196
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheGrave007 View Post
No. At least not according to Sony's FAQ. But you can display your real name if you want .

I don't know where the problem is. Charge a few bucks. People are willing to pay for a change.

Or at least give us the same option the Japanese PSN has.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 06:33   Link #1197
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Or at least give us the same option the Japanese PSN has.
What option?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 08:10   Link #1198
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

I'm sticking with the PS3 since there are still a lot of games I want to play on that system, and I'm not the kind to pursue graphic. The only feature I love about the PS4 is the ability to record and stream gameplay, which will help a lot for in-house fighting games tournament.

Don't get me wrong. I will buy a PS4, but not now, and I have the right to feel disappointed that some of the features are taken away from the previous gen. If you are an old breed of gamers, you would actually stick with building a PC instead.
Well the PS4 already impress me, there are already graphic comparison of the PC vs the PS4 and Xbox. Out of the PS4 and Xbox, reviewers and spectators saw the PS4 shockingly able to keep up with the PC however the PC still comes out in top. However for 400 vs 1500 dollars to play Battlefield at Ultra settings, I am happy enough with the 400. Here

The Xbox one looks similar however, it runs on 720p vs the PS4 900p. Here is the comparison

In short, the PS4 is what a traditional gamer needs, a console that can play the best of gams at the highest detail it can muster to compare with the PC, it may lose but close enough is a win due to price if many are not willing to spend 1500 on a gaming desktop or laptop.
Old 2013-10-31, 08:37   Link #1199
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I already followed all those news regarding graphic (not like you can miss all the shitstorm on Neogaf anyway), but that's definitely not what I'm looking at when I chose my console. I mean, to this day I can still enjoy game like Ring of Red, and I'm still playing Atelier series.

And unless you're posting on your phone, I doubt you would need $1500 for something to be able to play Battlefield 4 at Ultra. Upgrading PC mean you should only calculate the upgrading parts only, not the whole machine.

However I'm not here to say shit like PC master race or something, since I really hate those type of people. I'm just voicing my disappointment with some of Sony's decision, that's all.

[edit]
This is one of the reasons I like Shu. He is not playing around, and always quick to reply to people, even about trivial things. Seems like they will consider those features for the PS4, just not now.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-10-31 at 10:10.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 11:13   Link #1200
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:

[edit]
This is one of the reasons I like Shu. He is not playing around, and always quick to reply to people, even about trivial things. Seems like they will consider those features for the PS4, just not now.

"But we already have a device that does that, it's call the PS3-"

It would be amusing if he did that

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote