AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 16:41   Link #1241
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Theres something very 80's about that unboxing video....
Leather gloves? Over the top spotlight action :3 ?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 21:17   Link #1242
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Leather gloves? Over the top spotlight action :3 ?
They are parodying Daft Punk's Random Acces Memory video. Same set and same sequence.
Old 2013-11-12, 01:42   Link #1243
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
They are parodying Daft Punk's Random Acces Memory video. Same set and same sequence.
Spoiler:
Holy crap you're right !

EDIT:

Sony has been busy...

PlayStation 4 on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon this Wednesday

Quote:
PlayStation 4 will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this Wednesday at 12:35 a.m. Eastern, the show’s schedule reveals.
Sony hosting PlayStation 4 review event in NYC today

Quote:
Here’s a full list of what’s being shown:
  • The console itself
  • 1001 Spikes (Nicalis)
  • Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
  • Battlefield 4 (EA)
  • Blacklight: Retribution (ZOmbie Studios)
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
  • Contrast (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Child of Light (Ubisoft)
  • The Crew (Ubisoft)
  • DC Universe Online (SOE)
  • Doki-Doki Universe (SCEA)
  • Don’t Starve (Klei Entertainment)
  • Diablo III (Blizzard)
  • Dying Light (Warner Bros.)
  • FIFA 2014 (EA)
  • Helldivers (SCEA)
  • Hohokum
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son (SCEA)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Warner Bros.)
  • Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCEA)
  • Knack (SCEA)
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes (Warner Bros.)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami)
  • Music Unlimited (SCEA)
  • NBA 2K14 (2K Sports)
  • Need for Speed Rivals (EA)
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Young Horses)
  • Secret Ponchos (Switchblade Monkeys)
  • Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
  • Resogun (SCEA)
  • Thief (Square Enix)
  • Tiny Brains (505 Games)
  • Video Unlimited (SCEA)
  • Warframe (Digital Extremes)
  • Warthunder (Gaijin Entertainment)
  • The Witness (Thekla)

Sony lights up NYC hotel like a PlayStation 4

Quote:
Sony is hosting a PlayStation 4 review event today and tomorrow at The Standard High Line hotel in New York City. And tonight, it lit up the building like a PlayStation 4.

Geoff Keighley, who is attending the event, just tweeted a photo of the building.
New PlayStation 4 UI details surface

Quote:
General
  • PlayStation 4 UI is “super-slick and quick.”
  • PlayStation Eye can log you into your PlayStation 4 like Kinect can your Xbox One, but you have to be holding the DualShock 4 in specific spots.
  • Double-tapping the PlayStation button lets you quickly swap between your last two applications.
  • When you sign in as a guest, all of your data will be automatically deleted when you sign out of a system. No more creating a profile and having to delete it afterward.
  • PlayStation 4 can upload and download while in standby mode.
  • You can charge your controllers via USB even when the system’s power is off.
  • While you can use the d-pad to scroll over letters while typing on the on-screen keyboard, you can also use the DualShock 4′s motion sensor to move a target over the on-screen keyboard. Sony is also working on touchpad typing.
Old 2013-11-12, 17:02   Link #1244
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Ok, remember my theory regarding the HDD access? It looks like I was correct according to the German magazine Computer Bild and there's really a way to remove that small glassy bit on top of the PS4 to access the Hard Drive. It's not all roses though and it looks like a Torx Screw Driver is needed as opposed to the more common Philips ones.

link: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/1...ps4-hard-drive

EDIT: IGN Story

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 19:02   Link #1245
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Is there any news regarding the Vita and PS4 Bundle?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 07:18   Link #1246
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok, remember my theory regarding the HDD access? It looks like I was correct according to the German magazine Computer Bild and there's really a way to remove that small glassy bit on top of the PS4 to access the Hard Drive. It's not all roses though and it looks like a Torx Screw Driver is needed as opposed to the more common Philips ones.

link: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/1...ps4-hard-drive

EDIT: IGN Story
Nope

Old 2013-11-14, 01:11   Link #1247
ACertainStark
魔法少女

@yosp (Yoshida) is streaming Resogun right now from PS4 twitch app:
http://www.twitch.tv/gameape2001
ACertainStark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 12:07   Link #1248
ACertainStark
魔法少女

Looks like we're also getting some Infamous: Second Son from tonight's PS4 All Access.
Old 2013-11-14, 22:25   Link #1249
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

So erm... PS4 release event, anyone ?

EDIT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707449
Old 2013-11-14, 23:03   Link #1250
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Your Amazon.com order of "PlayStation 4: Launch Edition" has shipped!
Guess I'll be getting my baby soon :3
Old 2013-11-14, 23:10   Link #1251
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Last of Us DLC teaser, new Uncharted game teaser.

EDIT:

Infamous Second Son, 21/3/2014

EDIT (2) :

New Destiny Trailer... Eh, sliding confirmed I guess ?

EDIT (3) :

MSGV - Play as classic Snake

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-11-14 at 23:50.
Old 2013-11-15, 03:14   Link #1252
ACertainStark
魔法少女

That was definitely an overhyped launch event in terms of the forums I visit.

But I'm happy Uncharted game has been announced. To further summarize:

Destiny's Beta will be first on PS3 & PS4. Pretty huge deal by Sony.

Here's some info on The Last of Us: Left Behind and yes you play as beloved Ellie.

Quote:
The Last of Us: Left Behind is Naughty Dog’s first ever single-player DLC. Bruce, Neil, and the rest of the team are getting close to wrapping work on this new campaign, which will meet the quality and gameplay what you’ve come to expect with The Last of Us, along with a few surprises.
She’s back! Ashley Johnson reprises her role as Ellie in The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player DLC. Left Behind takes place while Ellie is attending a military boarding school in the Boston quarantine zone, prior to meeting Joel and the events in the main campaign of The Last of Us.
In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

Joining Ellie on this new adventure is Riley, her best friend and also a mentor of sorts at the military boarding school. Just as The Last of Us focused on the bond between Ellie and Joel, Left Behind explores the bond between Ellie and Riley through a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Bringing Riley to life through our performance capture process is the talented Yaani King, who we had the pleasure of working with on the DLC.
If you just can’t wait until the DLC drops to get more of The Last of Us, go out immediately and read the Dark Horse comic series, The Last of Us: American Dreams – which is conveniently available in the recently released paperback collection. I cannot recommend this series enough and it’s even more relevant now, as in the comic you will learn more about how Ellie and Riley first became friends, giving you even more insight into Ellie’s story in The Last of Us universe. And it’s also just plain great!

The Last of Us: Left Behind will be releasing in early 2014 – we will announce a specific date as soon as we iron out all the details. The awesome news is that Left Behind is included in the The Last of Us Season Pass, which also includes a ton of multiplayer DLC, and is the best deal you can get for all the DLC content we’ve planned to release – over 75% worth of savings compared to buying all the DLC separately. If you’re only interested in the single-player DLC, you can pre-order it starting November 19 on the PlayStation Store for $14.99.
key art:
Spoiler:

Release date: Early 2014

This takes place in between American Dreams and TLOU.
Old 2013-11-15, 15:03   Link #1253
ACertainStark
魔法少女

Giantbomb is having a livestream and getting into the nitty gritty of UI and soon games:
http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/
Old 2013-11-15, 15:08   Link #1254
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Standard and yet completely overreaching. They really have no right to limit certain things that they are trying to limit (and I'm pretty sure that plenty wouldn't fly in a court. Or at least they wouldn't here in Europe).
If companies are allowed to say you aren't allowed to class-action sue them, and the courts allow such a clause, then I wouldn't be so sure that anything wouldn't fly in court.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 16:08   Link #1255
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If companies are allowed to say you aren't allowed to class-action sue them, and the courts allow such a clause, then I wouldn't be so sure that anything wouldn't fly in court.
Except that the "class-action" clause has never been tested in a European court as far as I know

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 18:03   Link #1256
ACertainStark
魔法少女

Man, Sony's patching system is so tedious & shitty. I hope they fix that up before InFamous launch.

On the other hand, everything else looks really nice. GB taking a break now on this 6 hour venture.
Old 2013-11-15, 18:27   Link #1257
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
I work in Target Canada's electronics section, and we got a total of 48 PS4 consoles for release date. Ironically, we only had our PS4 display set up two days ago. Let me tell you, that new DualShock4 controller feels fantastic in the hands. Didn't particularly like the DualShock3 and how light and flat it was.

Aside from that, I'll probably be waiting a year or more before getting one, but I will be going PS4 instead of XBOX One for sure. Well actually, I'll be seeing when my future anticipated games are region locked by the publishers or not, then I'll invest in one.
Old 2013-11-15, 19:06   Link #1258
ACertainStark
魔法少女

I will get mine with the inevitable Infamous: Second Son bundle on its release. Seems like the perfect time and a lot more next-generation games will be announced and hopefully hit then and in in the summer.

Plus, it seems like a decent time since most of the kinks will be worked out with all potential FW updates from now and until the new year.
Old 2013-11-15, 23:58   Link #1259
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

I probably won't get any of the new consoles for a while. I wanna say that I'll get a ps4 next summer, but I dunno. I'm definitely less naive than I was last-generation(is it still too early to call it that? lol).The only thing I want to play on it currently is Killzone Shadowfall. Man, I hope it feels more like Kz2 than Kz3.

Also, I'm hearing about some overheating issues; I hope it doesn't turn into some widespread panic.
Old 2013-11-16, 02:19   Link #1260
ACertainStark
魔法少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I probably won't get any of the new consoles for a while. I wanna say that I'll get a ps4 next summer, but I dunno. I'm definitely less naive than I was last-generation(is it still too early to call it that? lol).The only thing I want to play on it currently is Killzone Shadowfall. Man, I hope it feels more like Kz2 than Kz3.

Also, I'm hearing about some overheating issues; I hope it doesn't turn into some widespread panic.
There's a bunch of isolated issues yeah. Some about discs being too loud? unfortunate. :/

Hearing lots of good things about the MP in regards to Shadow Fall.