AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 13:50   Link #1
piperz
El Psy Congroo

where am i doing wrong?

It's my first time doing torrents and im still clueless on how to properly set up my torrent settings. I used to have premium MU and FS accounts but not they are good as dead so i'm left off with torrent.

Spoiler:

any tips on what to put on:
Spoiler:

i know there are a lot of guides out there and i've tried a lot of them too. In the end, i got even worse speed than before.
Old 2012-01-23, 01:56   Link #2
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

This may be stating the obvious, but if the torrents in question aren't well-seeded, you won't get good speeds even with the best settings in the world. If they have 100+ seeds and you're still getting such low download speeds, it could be your ISP limiting P2P traffic. Enabling (or forcing, but that could be worse than not having it at all) protocol encryption might help with that if it's the case.

Unless you used unusually low numbers for those settings, they shouldn't really matter. For reference, I have it set to 400 max global connections and 100 max connected peers per torrent and always download well-seeded torrents at 1 MB/s, which is all my connection allows. I even have max upload rate set to unlimited and it never affects my download speed (the latter always takes priority, it seems).
PositronCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 04:13   Link #3
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
They are well seeded. If they weren't, the stupid Health Bar that now replaces seeds/peers wouldn't be maxed out.

What I think is your problem is your router and their torrents being blocked. Check on the lower right of the client you're using. There should be a green ball if everything is OK.. Yellow exclamation mark if there are problems, or Red ball with ! if .. I dont remember what this stands for.

But check for that first.. If you have yellow/red there, it's time to port forward your router. It would be easier to just disable NAT alltogether tho since it's kinda useless anyway, so just go and set your router to bridged.

Also I see you only have 2KB upload in each torrent. I've found lately on torrents that if I restrict my upload speed to it's minimum, the speed drops drastically. If you have set limits to upload, set them to Unlimited and see what happens. I have 1MB/s upload on torrent though so I don't really mind even if unlimited but since you're on slower connection, browsing online might get quite painful if you don't cap the upload. But if you do, the dl is slow.
Old 2012-01-24, 07:57   Link #4
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Also I see you only have 2KB upload in each torrent. I've found lately on torrents that if I restrict my upload speed to it's minimum, the speed drops drastically. If you have set limits to upload, set them to Unlimited and see what happens. I have 1MB/s upload on torrent though so I don't really mind even if unlimited but since you're on slower connection, browsing online might get quite painful if you don't cap the upload. But if you do, the dl is slow.
But the OP hasn't put any upload restrictions in place since if you check the image in the second spoiler you'd see that the max upload speed section is blank (although that could be a problem in itself).

So the only things that I can think are causing it is either the router (which has been already been mentioned) and you need to forward the port the bittorrent client is using or your ISP is limiting your speeds for which you might have to change the port the client is using to one that your ISP doesn't regard as one used by bittorrent.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 12:20   Link #5
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
On what kind of network are you? School network that might be limited, using wifi or a cable.
Is the connection shared with other people? In my house my speed would be terrible when we didn't properly filter things out and someone else would be downloading constantly without a limit.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 15:40   Link #6
piperz
El Psy Congroo

ok i found my first problem, i was using wifi during that time
but now im using cable, these are my current settings:

Connection
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bandwidth
Spoiler:

Queueing
Spoiler:

i get an avg of 100kB/s each download, which i think is kinda low. Then an avg upload of 3-7kB/s. I only download torrents one at a time. It's a home network and i'm the only one who downloads stuff at home. Also, i see the green check mark at the bottom right of my window so i think there's no problem in there.
Old 2012-01-25, 20:40   Link #7
Xenio
Flower

how about try using other torrent software, bitcomet for example
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:44   Link #8
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenio View Post
how about try using other torrent software, bitcomet for example
No No No No No No No No

You should AVOID bitvomit like the plague.

Back on topic you should change the results settings on speedtest from bits to Bytes to get a more accurate reading since bittorrent clients show speed in Bytes whilst ISPs show speed in bits and if memory serves you have to divide the amount in bits by 8 to get your speed in Bytes so from your speedtest result your getting around 12.16 MB/s download and 1.15MB/s upload (which would mean your actually downloading on the bittorrent client at around 800kb/s).

Also you should check what the others people your connected to are doing since you have to remember your download speeds are limited by the upload speeds of the people your downloading from (also I do suspect some ISP interference).
Old 2012-01-26, 17:33   Link #9
Ledgem
Love Yourself

What is your network setup? If you're using a router that is separate from your modem, is your modem a modem/router? Do you have UPnP or NAT-PMP enabled in the router? If your BitTorrent client has an indicator for it, is it indicating that all needed ports are open?
Old 2012-01-27, 07:52   Link #10
demonix

Erm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperz View Post
Also, i see the green check mark at the bottom right of my window so i think there's no problem in there.
That I believe has already been covered (since the green check mark would mean everything is set up correctly).
Old 2012-01-27, 17:21   Link #11
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Erm.....

That I believe has already been covered (since the green check mark would mean everything is set up correctly).
I'm not familiar with the torrent client that he's using; for all I know, it just means that it made a successful connection.
Old 2012-01-29, 07:39   Link #12
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I'm not familiar with the torrent client that he's using; for all I know, it just means that it made a successful connection.
It's µtorrent which means that green check mark means that all ports are forwarded correctly and it is receiving incoming connections.
Old 2012-02-06, 19:21   Link #13
Guido
Monster of Two Worlds

How do I delete a tracker from my BitTorrent client?

THE MASK THAT HIDES THE
DARKNESS WITHIN MY HEART
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 21:40   Link #14
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Send a message via Skype™ to Yuno
I basically use Utorrent, I find it easier to use and more worthwhile. Basically what I can do is remove the tracker simply by clicking the file, then selecting the "trackers" tab, and the right clicking the trackers I want gone and selecting remove. Here is a picture to help with that:

Spoiler for Picture:
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 11:23   Link #15
limao
DeAd

OMG, who with sane mind would waste his/her time getting 237mb mkv when you can get a mp4 50mb with the same quality ?
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 12:36   Link #16
XxSleepyxX
Learner

First it depends on where you live. Second it depends on your internet service provider. A lot of isps don't like you torrenting it starts causing their network to throttle. In some cases you need to port forward. You should open a port so that utorrent can connect with other seeds. But if you have that check mark than i think your isp just blocks you from torrenting. It sucks but some Isps do that.
Old 2012-03-13, 21:10   Link #17
syke123

I would suggest an attempt at opening your ports they're quite productive with bittorrent clients. Portforward

Bro you've got a 90mb connection? I have a 7 and I download at roughly 800kb, although the torrents need to be seeded. BTW, how much do you pay for that, and who's your current ISP?
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote