AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2012-07-15, 19:33   Link #501
Xaturas

Jesus I just can't get into watching ep 2. Just tried jumping trough scenes and that whole transformation killed me.
This show is just to candy candy, for god sake it has more sugar than Katty Perry California Gurls music video.
I seriously cannot stomach all the fluffy fluffy stuff, its just over 9000. It feels like some kids show will all the candy candy atmosphere and stuff.

Maybe I'll watch it later maybe not ... I think this one is a pass.
Old 2012-07-15, 20:26   Link #502
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... so been receiving word from the grapevine that the Becky transformation sequence was done by none other than Kou Yoshinari.... and that supposedly, all of that wasn't CGI

And then I remember that he's credited with key animation for Dog Days ep 1, and the first Nanoha series (he did that ultra-smooth Nanoha running scene in episode 1). So this one's actually a plausible rumor. I wonder if we can get any confirmation for his presence in this ep?
Seeing that this was later confirmed... AWSUM.

@Kyero -

Speaking of fanfics and OCs, the AS Original Character Project team got together last night and helped name a new toon to appear in Dash. His absence in the first season was because of tensions between the Bird and Pig nations. He is a ninja pirate merman leading a small team of rogues working under d'Arquien. And this was a snippet of the lulz we had:

"Who is that?" Cinque asked.

"Ah, him. A legend. His name is Surstromming Guldfisken... We call him The Goldfish."

Milhi replied with a straight face and genuine respect.

"And the memory of one, too." Eclair interjected, much snarkier.

"..."

~~~~~~

Aptly named after a Swedish weapon of mass destruction:

"This guy is so rotten to the core, even his name got rotten."

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:04   Link #503
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Hahaha! A lot of people are just kind of freaked out about the henshin scene and you of all people actually liked it!
My liking it was surprising? Mind saying why?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:11   Link #504
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 2 goodies~
Free sig.
I'm taking this one.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:12   Link #505
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My liking it was surprising? Mind saying why?
It's surprising because Yui Is My Wife actually was freaking out about that scene which I normally would think that he likes those stuff considering his past responses with SaintessHearts & mangatron. On the other hand I did not think you would like this kind of stuff but you actually did. In other words it was surprising because what was expected came out differently.
Old 2012-07-15, 21:26   Link #506
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well arent Cinque and Nanami having fun and wow Nanami really good with her weapon just getting it
Old 2012-07-15, 21:36   Link #507
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

To Mr/Ms Eternal, ^ in the post above.

As I said, sexuality should be an expression of love. It is merely a next logical step from patting someone on the back, shaking their hands and embracing them; acts of communion to become closer to another. The wonderous notion of becoming one with decency, purity, kindness and the beautiful is what makes fanservice (and the occasional consensual H OVAs/Doujinshis) involving nice girls like Milly-chan so appealing; the notion of becoming one with goodness and coming out (yes, pun intended ) a better person for the experience.

Tentacle rape of nice girls, on the other hand, is out to objectify, dominate, humiliate and above all ruin a person. There is as much love felt in the moment of tentacle violation as a scientist would feel for a dissected frog; and that is what tentacle rape is; a dissection that tears a person for all she stands for figuratively (and sometimes literally) apart. I will never forgive that ex-friend for introducing me to that vile crap Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.

This is the last I will say for today on this subject matter lest the ladies and gentlemen of the Moderator Body crashes on us like a ton of bricks.

We can only hope that nobody else in the cast is subject to what happened to Becky yesterday.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2012-07-15 at 22:19.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:45   Link #508
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane

Yeah, the transformation scene was fairly amazing. I was pleased, then repelled, then pleased again. Ending with pleased, overall.

But being me, my favorite bits were listening to Yuuki Aoi as the squirrel princess. That in itself is a joke, since she had a pet squirrel herself, and has squirrel front teeth. Old photo:

It's easy to be put off by her powerful squeak, but what I felt was how much life she can put into that voice. Amazing. Her character's feelings really came through.

Overall, there's no reason I should like this -- since I didn't much like season one -- but it is still holding my attention. Maybe I've just learned how to like the pace and humour. The frantic pace is great. Do not expect logic or time for abilities or personalities to develop. Everything just rushes into being and is fired from guns.
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule | characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet | Ping Pong
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:54   Link #509
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Everything just rushes into being and is fired from guns.
I love this line so much I could sig you.

Old 2012-07-15, 22:11   Link #510
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
To Mr/Ms Eternal, ^ in the post above.

As I said, sexuality should be an expression of love. It is merely a next logical step from patting someone on the back, shaking their hands and embracing them; acts of communion to become closer to another. The wonderous notion of becoming one with decency, purity, kindness and beautiful is what makes fanservice (and the occasional consensual H OVAs/Doujinshis) involving nice girls like Milly-chan so appealing; the notion of becoming one with goodness and coming out (yes, pun intended ) a better person for the experience.

Tentacle rape of nice girls, on the other hand, is out to objectify, dominate, humiliate and above all ruin a person. There is as much love felt in the moment of tentacle violation as a scientist would feel for a dissected frog; and that is what tentacle rape is; a dissection that tears a person for all she stands for figuratively (and sometimes literally) apart. I will never forgive that ex-friend for introducing me to that vile crap Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend.

This is the last I will say for today on this subject matter lest the ladies and gentlemen of the Moderator Body crashes on us like a ton of bricks.

We can only hope that nobody else in the cast is subject to what happened to Becky yesterday.
Lol! I will have to disagree with you though. That was not tentacle rape. That was just merely a bioscanner in the form of lots of wires. *said it with a a straight face

Anyways lol! I did not mean anything bad. It's just the usual Yui Is My Wife is a bit more "active" and actually freaking out which to me is not expected. I expect your reaction to be similar to mangatron or SaintessHearts but it turns out I'm wrong. In that regard, you're more normal than mangatron Even with that crazy odd henshin scene, mangatron can continue on as if it's the next step in his uhh... big ear loving part of his life... or something like that.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:14   Link #511
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

You'd think that Aoi Yuki would be typecast as the sad, diffident yet kind girl after her marvelous stint as Kaname Madoka (Though not as tour de force as Kitamura Eri's heartwrending and emotionally harrowing performance as Miki Sayaka)

... I had to double, nay, triple check the credits to be certain that this bright and optimistic squeal belonged to the same sad yet kind Aoi Yuki from Madoka.

Brava for having versatility, young lady, brava!
Old 2012-07-15, 22:17   Link #512
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
It's surprising because Yui Is My Wife actually was freaking out about that scene which I normally would think that he likes those stuff considering his past responses with SaintessHearts & mangatron. On the other hand I did not think you would like this kind of stuff but you actually did. In other words it was surprising because what was expected came out differently.
Funny thing is unlike quite a few horny gentlemen (all members of my reverse harem ), I didn't imagine the scene to be related to tentacles. Seems like we have some severe cases of overinference
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:37   Link #513
-khriz-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
How is S2 so different from S1
There was an actual plot in season 1, what I have been seeing so far it's nothing but pointless episodes.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:39   Link #514
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
There was an actual plot in season 1, what I have been seeing so far it's nothing but pointless episodes.
Only two episodes have passed >.>
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 22:46   Link #515
-khriz-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Yeah and soon it will be 5, honestly this second season is a total failure, they just want to make more money and didn't care at all about writing an actual plot.

And what's so with Cinque? Nanami is already stronger than him, being a hero was special in the first season , but now it seems that anyone can become one.
Old 2012-07-15, 22:56   Link #516
MeisterBabylon
~ Fists of Fury ~
*Author

Think that pretty much is the case. Anyone from Earth can become one.

Again, Nanoha reference: whoever comes from Earth and picks up a magic weapon becomes the biggest cannon in the galaxy.

Old 2012-07-15, 22:58   Link #517
Enternal

Quote:
Yeah and soon it will be 5, honestly this second season is a total failure, they just want to make more money and didn't care at all about writing an actual plot.

And what's so with Cinque? Nanami is already stronger than him, being a hero was special in the first season , but now it seems that anyone can become one.
How many episode in season 1 before we got to the plot? What episode is this? 2. Let see what we get next episode before you start saying a show is a total failure.

Yeah anyone can be a hero if they are summoned as one and they have the necessary skills. Remember that both Cinque and Nanami are heavily participants of those Iron Athletics so in terms of physical strength and abilities, they are way above most people. Which is why the are able to do what they can. If Biscotti and Galette just summon some random guy off the street, can you be sure he have the same skills and strengths? Sure he will be a hero since that is a position but he won't have anything else to back it up. Take Becky for example. She does not have the physical skills but let see if she has the skills to be a mage.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:04   Link #518
Xaturas

Quote:
How many episode in season 1 before we got to the plot? What episode is this? 2. Let see what we get next episode before you start saying a show is a total failure.

Yeah anyone can be a hero if they are summoned as one and they have the necessary skills. Remember that both Cinque and Nanami are heavily participants of those Iron Athletics so in terms of physical strength and abilities, they are way above most people. Which is why the are able to do what they can. If Biscotti and Galette just summon some random guy off the street, can you be sure he have the same skills and strengths? Sure he will be a hero since that is a position but he won't have anything else to back it up. Take Becky for example. She does not have the physical skills but let see if she has the skills to be a mage.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that this season is more like a one big filler arc.
When there is plot there is plot, it cannot get any more simple than that.

Random dude from street would still become some hero, or magican at worst.
Becky was useless poo and next eps she will probably turn everyone around her to cats, while nuking them with fireballs and other magic shits.
But heck its just my opinion that compared to season 1, this one is one piece of dung. If there was even some hint of plot, then heck maybe it would be worth the ride. But as it is now only people who want to see their *favourite* characters, can enjoy it.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:05   Link #519
-khriz-

Quote:

How can you compared this season with the first one? In the first episode of the first season they actually explain with details why he was summoned to the other world, now they are summoning his whole family and friends to have breakfast.
Old 2012-07-15, 23:12   Link #520
AmeNoJaku
dead-pan

Quote:
Well, I don't have the same opinion... there was some token story in the background that acted more as an excuse for cute kemonomimi girls to show up and a show off kid to show off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Also true
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, sports