AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 17:23   Link #1841
Lexxus
No you don't

Lately, we're having a d’Arquien fanservice. I love it! Keep it up.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:16   Link #1842
MeisterBabylon
~ Ping For Effect ~
*Author

Hell, it's about time!

On money: Every man has a price. For everything else, there's MakoCard.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:46   Link #1843
Random Wanderer

Adel... I don't think you're fooling anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Good battle there between Nanami and Hina, is Nanami is that strong or Hina just holding back there?
I don't think D'Arquien was going all out, but that final attack was the real thing, at least. That was her demon-sealing strike, last used in episode 11 of season 1. At the very least she was acknowledging with that that Nanami was too tough to be taken out by anything less.

Quote:
*Hina uses her sealing technique on mangatron*
Quote:
*Hina Hero Stings mangatron's eyes*
Quote:
*Hina suffocates mangatron in her big ears*
Quote:
*Hina kicks mangatron between the legs*
Quote:
Hina slaps mangatron around a bit with a large sword*
You're a masochist, aren't you?
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:12   Link #1844
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just so much going on they need to show more of the Sink and Gaul fight
Old 2012-09-09, 21:15   Link #1845
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think it was dumb that Nanami put up a good challenge for Hina. Really, Hina should be able to really outclass her. But I figure they wanted to show Hina fighting hard once in the big event amongst the three kingdoms, and they don't have many to choose from. Yukikaze is on her team. There is Sinku, but they wanted him to fight Gaul, so they chose Nanami. I think it would have been better if they scripted it so that the Hero King fought Hina and they had a draw or both defeated each other at about the same time (like with Hina vs. Nanami). What do you guys think about all that?

Question: Are Hina and Isuka wolf kemonomimis?
Old 2012-09-09, 21:45   Link #1846
Sumeragi
Banned

I was thinking they had inumimis.

Images
Yet more Complicated Adult Relationships
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Cat Playing with Dog
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:00   Link #1847
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I hope season 3 has a kingdom of wolf kemonomimis, or a kingdom of fox kemonomimis. Those are my favorite kinds of kemonomimis.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:07   Link #1848
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I hope season 3 has a kingdom of wolf kemonomimis, or a kingdom of fox kemonomimis. Those are my favorite kinds of kemonomimis.
Any fox we encounter is likely to be a Tenko like Yukikaze, or some similar such spirit, I suspect. I doubt we're likely to find a kingdom of them: such critters are mostly solitary. As for wolves... I have yet to be convinced that Valerie isn't a wolf. Beyond that I can't say.

I'd like to know where Jaune and Vert come from. Noir is the only member of Genoise who looks like she could have been a normal resident of Galette. Jaune looks like a tiger, and Vert is obviously a bunny.

Quote:
I think it was dumb that Nanami put up a good challenge for Hina. Really, Hina should be able to really outclass her
I'm pretty sure she did outclass her. There were multiple points in that fight where she stood back and let Nanami make her attack, despite the fact that she pretty clearly could have shut Nanami down fairly quickly if she'd really been going all out. She wanted to enjoy the battle, so she let Nanami make her attacks to see what she could do. It just so happens that Nanami was sneaky enough to pose a fair threat when allowed to attack, thanks to multi-drectional attacks, status impairments (freezing), and misdirection. D'Arquien had a significant power advantage, and the two of them seem pretty closely matched for speed. It was just because D'Arquien chose to stretch things out to see what Nanami could do that she got in trouble.

Also, remember that raw power isn't everything. Remember the mice from a few episodes ago? I'm pretty sure either D'Arquien or Adel outclassed those things by themselves, yet both of them were still beaten because they got taken by surprise.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-09-09 at 23:20.
Old 2012-09-09, 23:38   Link #1849
Mandalore the Silent
Gemini Achernar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer
I don't think D'Arquien was going all out, but that final attack was the real thing, at least. That was her demon-sealing strike, last used in episode 11 of season 1. At the very least she was acknowledging with that that Nanami was too tough to be taken out by anything less.

I'm pretty sure she did outclass her. There were multiple points in that fight where she stood back and let Nanami make her attack, despite the fact that she pretty clearly could have shut Nanami down fairly quickly if she'd really been going all out. She wanted to enjoy the battle, so she let Nanami make her attacks to see what she could do. It just so happens that Nanami was sneaky enough to pose a fair threat when allowed to attack, thanks to multi-drectional attacks, status impairments (freezing), and misdirection. D'Arquien had a significant power advantage, and the two of them seem pretty closely matched for speed. It was just because D'Arquien chose to stretch things out to see what Nanami could do that she got in trouble.

Also, remember that raw power isn't everything. Remember the mice from a few episodes ago? I'm pretty sure either D'Arquien or Adel outclassed those things by themselves, yet both of them were still beaten because they got taken by surprise.
Very valid points, remember that this battle is basically one big recreational event that serves as the feature presentation of a bigger festival so it's a high probability that Hina wasn't going to battle with as much as a "killing intent". It's quite clear in the aftermath that Hina was actually victorious in that she was still conscious though lost her armor as opposed to Nanami, whom lost both in that battle.

So far this episode was very entertaining for me, even though I had actually wished for a "Round 2" of sorts between Noir and Eclair. Adel appearing as the Masked Hero amuses me so, and I can't help but be envious at the fact that she basically uses the same "Sword and Gun" style of Marvelous and my OC... I love her so...
Old 2012-09-09, 23:55   Link #1850
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

You both make good points about Hina and that battle with Nanami. She wasn't going all out and gave Nanami chances to attack again and again. Plus, Hina being hit with the boomerang was good. We got to see Hina in revealing clothes. X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post

I'd like to know where Jaune and Vert come from. Noir is the only member of Genoise who looks like she could have been a normal resident of Galette. Jaune looks like a tiger, and Vert is obviously a bunny.
Maybe Gallette is home to wild cat kemonomimis, too, not just house cat ones. Leon and Gaul have pointy cat ears but lion tails instead of house cat cat tails, and Bernard is a leopard kemonomimi.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:01   Link #1851
Green²
It's Magic

When Becky and the Princess were falling, I really got a good laugh when Becky went to wake her. It's not like either one was able to anything about it.

Spoiler for How it likely went down when the scene had cut to Sink & the others:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:31   Link #1852
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

So who won in each fight? My interpretation is:

- Hina vs Nanami: Victory for Hina, though a small one, given that both competitors' armor got torn off. Bonus points for Hina for knocking out Nanami, while staying awake herself.
- Millifiore vs Becky: A close call, but I'd say Becky had the upper hand, because Milli was unconscious and falling, while Becky was still flying and never lost consciousness.
- Cinque vs Gaul: Victory for Cinque, apparently because Gaul threw the match (which I think is plausible if he saw that Milli and Becky were in trouble and knew that Cinque should help them)
- Rico vs Couvert: I'd say that was a forfeit and not a draw. When Milli and Becky were falling, they ceased all hostilities. No damage seem to have been inflicted on either party.

Overall, both Biscotti and Galette have lots of manpower, so it's not hard to see why they're in first and second place, respectively. Pastillage seems to be hugely outnumbered and apparently needs to rely squarely on their best attackers to push the odds in their favor. Since only Couvert and Becky seem to be the ones with the highest skills, with them out of the race, they can lose easily. Now that Adele is joining the war, she can probably tip the scales in their favor again. Of course, that all can change again if Calvados decides he wants in on the action as well...
Old 2012-09-10, 05:44   Link #1853
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Fairly amused with the "Kamen"-type (man is this gag old; makes me feel old) disguise that Adele took. She could fool those who weren't aware of her real identity, but it's obvious.

Poor Pastillage getting curb-stomped. I believe they are known for their magic artillery forces than any other aspects of their army, so no surprise, as a relatively new member on the warring front, they'd be absolutely crushed.

I'm quite impressed with the recent couple of episodes. Good fights and tension, with some comedy here and there.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:01   Link #1854
Zeross

super exited adl was so cute =D

we got less reaction from milhi that i hoped to the sight of adult cinque. still elt kinda illegal.... no totaly illegal
Old 2012-09-10, 16:56   Link #1855
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
still elt kinda illegal.... no totaly illegal
I don't know... he was holding two naked underage girls. Seems kind of illegal to me.
Old 2012-09-10, 19:35   Link #1856
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I don't know... he was holding two naked underage girls. Seems kind of illegal to me.
I don't see how cuddling naked lolis in your arms are illegal.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:47   Link #1857
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't see how cuddling naked lolis in your arms are illegal.
I didn't say anything about whether you would like it or not, I said it's illegal. Laws are facts: they are on the books, they can be quoted in detail. And I'm afraid adult-Cinque would definitely be profiled as a child molester if this scene had taken place on Earth.
Old 2012-09-10, 20:29   Link #1858
Enternal

Wow... this episode is sooo much win.

I'm a bit surprised at how Milhi was not very reactive about Sinku's adult form. It seems that off-screen he might have shown it to her or something. Also that scene was just awesome. Totally illegal.

More Hina fanservice? HELL YEAH!

Also Adele is also soooo cute! I would never think she's the hero king! Just love how she could not hold her excitement for the "war" and it's obvious she wants to join really badly. "Eiyuu kamen here to save the day!!"

Also the battles are great! So much power from both sides!
Old 2012-09-11, 03:01   Link #1859
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Uncomplicated(?) Children(?) Relationship
Images
Dog Food
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 03:55   Link #1860
sky black swordman

^ Translations please!

Tags
action, fantasy, sports