AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2004-04-11, 14:49   Link #81
Fate
Mystic Arcane

I don't think these characters are so pathetic to be compared to Team Rocket. Actually, I would have never related to Team Rocket, since I don't see much connection. Then again, I don't watch Pokemon very often, so I don't see little Pocket Monsters whereever I go.

Here's what I think. If they could summon the Clock Tower Keeper, it must be a lower level monster.

The swordman was really only hit once, directly. It's reasonable he survived. Besides, although they said they are level 1 adventurers, can't be too sure if that means their character level or some other stats. Since the show is more of a world than a game, there would be obvious differences. Again with the IC and OOC world.

His partner used all her magic with the initial shield and those three Holy Lights. Obviously, she hoped to kill the monster. It probably did weaken it, though.

The sorceress was distracted when her bag was stolen. I suppose it was more of a "drop" if related to a game, and you were fighting off the mosnters when some other user took your reward and ran off.

The fighting wasn't that bad. The character's were well coordianted, although they're either inexperienced or recently met up. And they're lucky the town guards helped them at all. Those lances pierced through the enemy, so it must have done some good damage.

Everything else, someone else already answered.
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 15:08   Link #82
Fate
Mystic Arcane

Saw the introduction theme? I still think it's promising.

Besides, the first episode does correspond to the story. One can tell if one is experienced and great at comprehension and analysis.

* POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

- The first two minutes. It sets up for what's happening in the world.
- The introduction of our two heros. She lost her brother somehow, foreshadowing something or preparing for a flashback in the future.
- How they bumped into the sorceress, and the sorceress' err... speech.
- The leaders and guards of the city, and their conversation.
- We know they are adventurers headed somewhere. They're adventurers, they don't exactly make the story, but rather bump into them.

There are more, it just depends if one can perceive it well. English courses might help people with this.

Now make the connections and relate them to future episodes, and there you go.

*Post edited for rephrasement, as a humble gesture. The original post is quoted somewhere below (I do not intend to hide anything and pretend it never happened).

Last edited by Fate; 2004-04-12 at 18:14.
Old 2004-04-11, 15:36   Link #83
Kiro
chocolate overdose

oh please, don't comment on my english skills. people with english as their native language have it a little bit easier but there are some people our their that actually had to learn it... :fingers: my english is good enough though. lets just say that, allthough you seem to find my posts amusing, i'm relatively good compared to others in my area. ouch, sounds arrogant. anyway, if i don't know a word, i just look it up online. that way i get my passive vocabulary. most of the story is vizualized anyway. the translation could be horrible but i would still be able to not miss the important parts of a story. a viewer must be very stupid, if seeing a tombstone + reading the subs doesn't make him realize, that her brother died. that said, it's not like i only understand half of everything thats going on.

about the episode: i'm a little tired of discussing this sicne i deleted that ep a while ago, once i had seen it and since i didn't like it much, i have allready forgotten most of it. so i'll just stop here because i don't want to download that "masterpiece of modern anime" again.

just a question: why do people allways get aggro on me, when i post, that i don't like this or that series for this or that reason? do you guys take this personal? i didn't want to offend anyone.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 15:49   Link #84
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate
There are more, it just depends if you can perceive it well. Your English courses might help with this.
Now now, we got a little carried away there,huh?

Let's keep this one clean, there's no need for flaming and honestly it doesn't make your line of arguments any more profound.
BTW this whole argument doesn't seem to go anywhere at all and at this rate there'll be a mod over here, sooner or later, to close close the thread for all eternity.
Old 2004-04-11, 16:50   Link #85
Kaphis

Quote:
Besides, the first episode does correspond to the story. One can tell if one is experienced and great at comprehension and analysis.

There are more, it just depends if you can perceive it well. Your English courses might help with this.
I don't think he/she was flaming, I think the poster was just saying English course can help with comprehension and analysis of a story o.o At least thats what I thought she was saying and not nessearly (sp?^^; the english skill of the poster. The Anime has a very direct audience, which is RO players. There are mechanics of the game that seems built into the Anime with out any explanation at all. But what do you expect the producers to do though? Explain the entire game to you, its a fairly complicated game to acutally understand with the various equipment, combinations of cards and stats, and skills (skills being one of the hardest to know what is good with what stats). RO is not your average melee, support, magican game. For players of the game, I think it was great to see that on screen, the looting and the deadbranch was all too familar from the gaming community itself. I agree that people should be able to speak their mind saying what they dislike about the anime, the others are only putting it in perspective to the game so that people who wonder into this thread won't get turn off by your negative comment towards the anime.

I, myself, loved the anime so far, it was just so natural to see everything happen on screen and watching the opening was the best for me. I reconized all the monsters, the classes and a few other things. Bottom line is, unfortunately, if you don't play the game, you won't like the anime, but if you like the game, watching it on tv is great. For anyone who doesn't play the game, trust me, its a very very addictive game.
Kaphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 17:39   Link #86
Wolfy

6 eps! Give it 6 eps! For Heaven sakes, Rome wasn't but in 24 minutes!
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 18:04   Link #87
Fate
Mystic Arcane

****MY MISTAKE****

After I read my most, I admit it's possible to misinterpret the statement as an attack towards Kiro.

** THAT PHRASE WAS NOT INTENDED TOWARDS KIRO, forgive me. **

I used you as a secondary person's view in order to relate with everyone in general. I *thought* have directed it this way, but I suppose it can be assumed I was still replying to Kiro. Note that I usually do not read my posts or even put it through a spellcheck. It seems to have more honesty this way, IMO.

My past posts supports this in that I haven't been attacking anyone's English. The English comment was a reference to a person's analystic and comprehensive skill, and how such courses would aid anyone's skills in this department. Thank you, Kaphis, for seeing this.

I will accept any comebacks that was directed at me, for I cannot fault a person for misunderstanding.

Last edited by Fate; 2004-04-12 at 18:11.
Old 2004-04-12, 06:29   Link #88
Tellu54
Banned

Arara... this looks fun. Brings back wonderful memories of .hack//dusk. (BAKUDON!!!)
Unfortunately, I'm REAL hesitant to sub it because I know our forums would be clogged with Ragnarokers going, "Its clock tower keeper, not manager, you idiots!"... I'd probably have to find some kind of Ragnarok advisor to help with that or something.
Anyway, my best to all the people who are subbing it, I hope you've got a sound kick/ban policy ready though, because you're about to experience Ragnarok fanboy hell.
Tellu54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 08:48   Link #89
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

It could be a little strange for people who never played the game to see the girl suddenly pull out a twig (death branch) like it was the best weapon on the planet.
HellRaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 11:09   Link #90
Yujinbito

This anime is definitely only fun for seeing things you know from the game. Although you wonder how a Knight got owned by Orcs...

Anyway. Total indulgence, but still vaguely fun. I like that they chose to give the magician character a Blinker and make up a story for it (although the 'I can't cast without my Blinker' thing was pretty dumb) as opposed to giving her something obviously 'cool' or typical like Angel Wing or Magician's Hat or something stupid like an Erudite Cap.

As for 'Level 1' I think that referred to their status as first class characters and not necessarily their 'level'. It's also possibly implying that there is some ranking within the world for adventurers, and they happen to rank as the lowest level (kinda like Genins in Naruto - they'd only get Class D jobs or something like that). And the 'stolen item bag' I think was a reference to looting - you're fighting something hard, a cool item drops but there are other monsters attacking you, and someone else runs up and grabs your item while you're involved with fighting.
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 16:04   Link #91
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaboy13
Don't know if anyone posted this already but ^_^ is made up of old AJ members and it kind of shows.

NB

Welcome to the lovely animesuki forums! Please reread this entire thread plus the closed "who is ^_^" thread in the fansub groups forum. There you will find a lot of proof as to why such a statement can easily cause a major bushfire.
Take this as a well-meant hint and learn from failures in the past.
Enjoy your life in our nice little animesuki family^^
Old 2004-04-12, 16:23   Link #92
ninjaboy13

Send a message via AIM to ninjaboy13
Don't know if anyone posted this already but ^_^ is made up of old AJ members and it kind of shows.

NB
ninjaboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 18:06   Link #93
Fate
Mystic Arcane

Quote:
Saw the introduction theme? I still think it's promising.

* POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

***skip cut quote skip skip***

Now make the connections and relate them to future episodes, and there you go.
I never even referred to anyone in this post, nor have I purposely implied it. If the "you" part triggered an alert to anyone that has read my post, I once again apologize.

I would NEVER flame or bash directly. I believe all my post in any forum has either been of some defending position, particularly of some minority view, or has been a constructive redirected response.

That is my Code of Honor, and I shall abide by my virtues... even if it makes no exceptional impact on anyone.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:42   Link #94
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
****MY MISTAKE****

After I read my most, I admit it's possible to misinterpret the statement as an attack towards Kiro.

** THAT PHRASE WAS NOT INTENDED TOWARDS KIRO, forgive me. **

I used you as a secondary person's view in order to relate with everyone in general. I *thought* have directed it this way, but I suppose it can be assumed I was still replying to Kiro. Note that I usually do not read my posts or even put it through a spellcheck. It seems to have more honesty this way, IMO.

My past posts supports this in that I haven't been attacking anyone's English. The English comment was a reference to a person's analystic and comprehensive skill, and how such courses would aid anyone's skills in this department. Thank you, Kaphis, for seeing this.

I will accept any comebacks that was directed at me, for I cannot fault a person for misunderstanding.
All is well then i guess.

Seriously, sometimes it is quite hard to put the right emphasis into a certain idea, so that everybody can preceive it the right way. That's a rather common problem with indirect communication such as posts to a forum thread.

I just wanted to make sure that my post toward that matter should be considered a general one too.
Old 2004-04-12, 19:11   Link #95
suires
たこ焼き名人

Personally, I am very disappointed after watching the first episode. I know that it is too early to judge a series but still...... I wait and see another episode or two... hopefully, i wont have to drop this series.
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 19:34   Link #96
Maxtro

The first episode wasn't great but it was good enough. I'm just realy happy that its very close to the game. Thank God its not another Final Fantasy Unlimited. My only wish is that they are in their "real world" not playing a game like in .hack. This show has a lot of pontenial I hope it can live up to it.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 00:27   Link #97
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
I don't play the game so i wouldn't know how closely related it is but after reading the posts, i seem to observe more game players enjoying this than others....

I also feel there's just too many expectations built up upon the first ep which is sad because almost all anime don't show their true colours until a few eps later... some even die after the middle and you just don't feel like watching it anymore after the first few eps....

But the only thing i can say about the first ep is that i like the surrounding backgrounds and the musical score fits it well... as for the character designs, so... so... but i haven't seen the chars in the game so i don't know... the colour and everything gives this anime a very pastel effect... its not as boldly coloured as something like FMA... but that's just the technicalities.. other than that... plot and stuff.. it has a good concept to start on but whether or not the anime can capatilise on that concept as well as the game did... is another issue until the next few eps are shown... just my opinions...

by the way... good job ^_^... although some words were out... it was still great effort for no pay... u and all subbers deserve thanks from all of us...
Old 2004-04-13, 13:09   Link #98
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Seems Ragnamart is also subbing ragnarok hehe.
For people who don't know Ragnamart is a fan-site for ragnarok.

This could be fun
HellRaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 14:28   Link #99
^_^

Hmm... just watched SS-Ragnamart version. It seems there are quite a few translation errors in both the op/ed songs and the episode itself. Also it appears that quite a few of the dialogue lines were transcribed from the previous ^_^ release. -_-;
^_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 15:23   Link #100
Mignon
True, true

Send a message via ICQ to Mignon
Pretty double-edged comments here. I liked very much of first ep. I liked especially characters whose jobs were easy to recognize just by looking at the char . I'm waiting to see some assassin action and i like to see thief too. Wondering will there be 2-2nd jobs too ?