AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-30, 16:53   Link #201
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There is actually a crossover chapter with Nanoha. Probably won't be animated though. If you like Nanoha and F/SN then there's no reason you won't like this since it's pretty much a mix of the two. The manga does have a lot of loli fanservice but it might get toned down in the anime (Nyantype posters are not indicative of anything).
I know about the crossover; I read it-- it's why I'm even here in the first place. XD Though I understand copyrights and stuff make it hard.

I'm a magical girl fan and I liked Nanoha quite a bit , and tbh loliservice won't stop me if the characters are good enough. From the trailer I can easily spot one with potential for my tastes (my sig is a dead giveaway). I just never had it for Ilya though, even though she's older than she looks.

And yes, I like to bash Nyantype images. It's more indicative of whoever draws for them more than anything else.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 16:54   Link #202
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And lol, well I'm sorry you thought I was "denouncing" the series. Just having lower expectations is not the same. I think the only person jumping the gun here is what you think of my post.
You said the series already broke your suspension of belief just because a random magazine had a random image of Illya. That you cannot pay attention to the content of the show because of this one image. As if this one image is the entirety of the show and it will be nothing but loli fanservice. You already declared it a bad MG series and that Miyu is the only thing that can save it for you.

Quote:
I'm not targeting you personally, but it does seem like people on AS are so sensitive to this kind of thing. It's entirely possible I came in with preconceived notions, but the trailers and promotional images (which are supposed to lure people to the series) are going to generate certain reactions.
Re-read what you had typed before, and you might be able to see how it comes off as completely, 100% dismissive of the series based on this lone image. You said nothing of the PVs until just now, but even then it shows Illya in her bathtub for maybe 3 seconds, and approximately 3-4 minutes of completely non-loli-fanservice stuffs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:01   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I know about the crossover; I read it-- it's why I'm even here in the first place. XD Though I understand copyrights and stuff make it hard.

I'm a magical girl fan and I liked Nanoha quite a bit , and tbh loliservice won't stop me if the characters are good enough. From the trailer I can easily spot one with potential for my tastes (my sig is a dead giveaway). I just never had it for Ilya though, even though she's older than she looks.

And yes, I like to bash Nyantype images. It's more indicative of whoever draws for them more than anything else.
This Illya is completely different from F/SN Illya so you might end up liking her. Miyu is kind of a Fate clone.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:03   Link #204
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You said the series already broke your suspension of belief just because a random magazine had a random image of Illya. That you cannot pay attention to the content of the show because of this one image. As if this one image is the entirety of the show and it will be nothing but loli fanservice.
No, no, no. Don't get up on arms yet. This is why tone is a problem on the internet.

Suspension of disbelief for the image.

Why do I need suspension of disbelief for the image? There's only reason for a fanservice image-- to find it sexy-- and I didn't. It has absolutely nothing to do with the plot or writing which we haven't seen it.

I am judging the image itself, lol. That has not to do with the series. The size of Ilya's butt is not a factor that would ruin the narrative, and I'm pretty embarrassed that I have to state it outright, really.


Quote:
You already declared it a bad MG series and that Miyu is the only thing that can save it for you.
I was actually using Nanoha as an example. It was pretty bad for me until something happened. I don't really see this as a bad thing.

Quote:
Re-read what you had typed before, and you might be able to see how it comes off as completely, 100% dismissive of the series based on this lone image. You said nothing of the PVs until just now, but even then it shows Illya in her bathtub for maybe 3 seconds, and approximately 3-4 minutes of completely non-loli-fanservice stuffs.
It was an assessment based on the entire content of this thread. Yea, I know it's a bit too much to assume one reads the whole thread before posting, but while it's entirely possible to misread my intent, I think you might be reading way too far into my intent. I recommend not doing it.

When you're using words like "declare" and "denounce", I can only assume that you're assuming I'm passing something off as some kind of truth. Considering 1/2 the post I wrote in question is about people's asses, I thought it was a dead giveaway to not take me seriously or at the very least that I wasn't approaching it from some kind of moralistic,artistic, or any kind of possible objective perspective. Honestly, that's just really nothing to start a debate over.

Tl;dr It's an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This Illya is completely different from F/SN Illya so you might end up liking her. Miyu is kind of a Fate clone.
Sounds good.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-06-30 at 17:25.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:29   Link #205
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Okay, my bad. Sorry about that. Most people don't read through whole threads. And just because half the post was about asses doesn't mean it couldn't be serious. This is the internet after all.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:36   Link #206
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, I guess I suppose it's possible to be a serious snob in that area (Fanservice snob?).

"Silver Link is going downhill, the buttservice here aren't as good as they were in C cubed!"



Though in all seriousness, perhaps it's a personal reaction against the mountains of overly huge boobs being used as fanservice which causes me to note stuff like that, lol. And lolis aren't allowed to have boobs. Ah, I'll shut up now.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 18:20   Link #207
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Well let me just say it then if this isn't what Archon is saing. This looks bad, and I am embarrassed to see this as an addition to the Type-Moon franchise. I was already very very very luke warm on carnival phantasm, and the fact that this is Silver Link doesn't give me any hope to believe any differently. I don't think Silver Link has ever produced a good show. Their closest to a good show was Kokoro Connect, and even that had lackluster production values and couldn't write a proper arc conclusion to save its life. The comparisons to Nanoha are also not helpful since Nanoha is a terrible example of what a Mahou Shoujo should strive for.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:45   Link #208
Sasukeuzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well let me just say it then if this isn't what Archon is saing. This looks bad, and I am embarrassed to see this as an addition to the Type-Moon franchise. I was already very very very luke warm on carnival phantasm, and the fact that this is Silver Link doesn't give me any hope to believe any differently. I don't think Silver Link has ever produced a good show. Their closest to a good show was Kokoro Connect, and even that had lackluster production values and couldn't write a proper arc conclusion to save its life. The comparisons to Nanoha are also not helpful since Nanoha is a terrible example of what a Mahou Shoujo should strive for.
I'm guessing you didn't read the manga, WHICH IS OKAY. What Silver Link is doing wrong at this very moment is how they're presenting the series in the trailers. The trailers are lacking how serious the series can be. The best thing that got most people hyped was when Saber Alter appeared in one of the trailers.
If anything I'm somewhat glad that ufotable didn't get this series. Their animation style is way too detailed for this series. Just be glad Studio DEEN didn't get it.
All I'm saying is don't knock it till you try it...Well the first episode you're probably not gonna like since it's an intro but just wait till the fighting.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:03   Link #209
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I would have watched this with some expectation ... if I didn't see Silver Link and Shin Oonuma as the studio and director. Silver Link is like Deen tier to me where everyone of their series has been bad from Baka Test (nonsense slapstick juvenile comedy) to Kokoro Connect (dumbest plot for a romance/drama) to everything in between (C3, Tasogare). And Shin Oonuma? One hit director with ef tale of memories and everything else he's done has been either mediocre or bad.

Will give it a shot to see if it gives me any cheap lulz or so bad its good doujins down the line but having less expectations than I would have Yoshino writing an anime original series.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:06   Link #210
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well let me just say it then if this isn't what Archon is saing. This looks bad, and I am embarrassed to see this as an addition to the Type-Moon franchise. I was already very very very luke warm on carnival phantasm, and the fact that this is Silver Link doesn't give me any hope to believe any differently. I don't think Silver Link has ever produced a good show. Their closest to a good show was Kokoro Connect, and even that had lackluster production values and couldn't write a proper arc conclusion to save its life. The comparisons to Nanoha are also not helpful since Nanoha is a terrible example of what a Mahou Shoujo should strive for.
Lol, although we both think it looks bad currently mostly due to lack of faith with Silver Link, it's most likely for different reasons as I liked Carnival, and clearly, I think more highly of Nanoha then you do. Though I do have an advantage of not being invested in Type-Moon. Chances are I'm a bit more open to this while you don't have much to gain from it based on expectations.

I think it has more to do with wanting other stuff from Type Moon over this. maybe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
If anything I'm somewhat glad that ufotable didn't get this series. Their animation style is way too detailed for this series. Just be glad Studio DEEN didn't get it.
All I'm saying is don't knock it till you try it...Well the first episode you're probably not gonna like since it's an intro but just wait till the fighting.
I can't disagree with that.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:29   Link #211
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This Illya is completely different from F/SN Illya so you might end up liking her. Miyu is kind of a Fate clone.
The irony here is that the Illya of F/KL has been aged down from her original canonical version in F/SN. In F/SN she is of high school age but looks young because reasons.* In F/KL she really is in middle school and is a few years younger. You can see this as well in Shirou, who looks younger in F/KL than he does in F/SN.

So whereas in F/SN Illya only looked like a loli, in F/KL she really is one now~

*If you really want to know the reasons, read this: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Illyasviel_von_Einzbern
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 07:48   Link #212
desrtsku
Kyaaaa!!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Himelda Window Cure Queen Of The Blue Sky's palace.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
There's only reason for a fanservice image-- to find it sexy-- and I didn't.
What? Just ... what the flying heck are you even talking about?
I can't even comprehend the proper reasoning behind those words, I just can't. Ilya-chan's butt is a miracle of the universe and it suits her perfectly, what you said was pure blasphemy you dear sir. You sir are a teleiophilic criminal that deserves to be judged for your evil deeds.
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 09:28   Link #213
ukulelembo
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
The irony here is that the Illya of F/KL has been aged down from her original canonical version in F/SN. In F/SN she is of high school age but looks young because reasons.* In F/KL she really is in middle school and is a few years younger. You can see this as well in Shirou, who looks younger in F/KL than he does in F/SN.

So whereas in F/SN Illya only looked like a loli, in F/KL she really is one now~

*If you really want to know the reasons, read this: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Illyasviel_von_Einzbern
First and again, there is no canon in the traditional sense. Because Nasuverse is multiverse. F/KL is still the same world as F/SN, just different reality. Secondly, you're wrong, she is still in same age as in F/SN (from the time perspective) only a few events of her life was held differently. If you want to know more check out the spoiler below.
Spoiler for story background and past events of F/KL:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 09:32   Link #214
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
First and again, there is no canon in the traditional sense. Because Nasuverse is multiverse.
When one talks about "original canon", obviously they're referring to the original work: in this case Fate/Stay Night. This was even stated mere words later. And all three routes in FSN have the same base starting point.

Quote:
Secondly, you're wrong, she is still in same age as in F/SN (from the time perspective) only a few events of her life was held differently.
No he's not. Your own spoilers even state the difference between FSN and FKP. Though I believe she's in elementary school in FKP, not middle school (10-11 years old would be 4th-5th grade).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 09:42   Link #215
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
For my experience in the manga, if you hate loli fanservice this anime is not for you, best case scenario wait until a few anime episodes air because they might tone the fanservice down and make the battles good. there is a chance they make this anime loli queen's blade, it has the potential.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 09:53   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No he's not. Your own spoilers even state the difference between FSN and FKP. Though I believe she's in elementary school in FKP, not middle school (10-11 years old would be 4th-5th grade).
She's wearing a uniform so I think she's supposed to be in middle school. I forgot if this was ever stated in the manga. At any rate, she's definitely an actual loli in this manga (about 7 years younger than in F/SN).
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 10:49   Link #217
ukulelembo
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No he's not. Your own spoilers even state the difference between FSN and FKP. Though I believe she's in elementary school in FKP, not middle school (10-11 years old would be 4th-5th grade).
I think you misunderstood me. From the time perspective is still the same as in F/SN. Both were created/born around the same time.
Spoiler:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 11:02   Link #218
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
No, I didn't misunderstand. You're just wrong. Also:

Spoiler:


I won't go into more detail here because this is the anime thread and it shouldn't get spoilers that heavy, even in spoiler tags.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:16   Link #219
ukulelembo
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, I didn't misunderstand. You're just wrong. Also:

[spoiler]

I won't go into more detail here because this is the anime thread and it shouldn't get spoilers that heavy, even in spoiler tags.
Well, all I said is stated in the manga, or at least implied. It's rather that has not yet been clearly explained what exactly happened in the past. There are only fragmentary information that Irisviel revealed. And those until now did not play an important role.
Spoiler:

In terms of anything else, we can only hope that future chapters tells more.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:57   Link #220
Sasukeuzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She's wearing a uniform so I think she's supposed to be in middle school. I forgot if this was ever stated in the manga. At any rate, she's definitely an actual loli in this manga (about 7 years younger than in F/SN).
Somewhere in the manga, they mentioned that they were in Primary School, elementary school in Japan. Now that I think about it, Illya and Miyu are crazy young to get into these sort of situations. Well I'm not TOO familiar with mahou shoujo series, only Madoka and such, but they're usually in middle school right lol?
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.