AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-04-04, 08:16   Link #21
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
But Danzo had enough pairs to make up 3 people (with 1 person in one pair being blinded in one eye).
Yeah, but what if two Uchihas are needed, not just the eyes. If acquiring abilities through stealing body parts are all over the place, I think its also appropriate to see some that's outside from it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:28   Link #22
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Yeah, but what if two Uchihas are needed, not just the eyes. If acquiring abilities through stealing body parts are all over the place, I think its also appropriate to see some that's outside from it.
That would basically make Itachi's dad an idiot. He knew a lot of the Uchiha "secrets" and he was with another Uchiha at the time of his death (his wife) but didn't try to use it on his son who just massacred the clan. Losing 1, 2 or 4 eyes should have been better than the clan being wiped out completely.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:34   Link #23
Mists
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Izanami - definitely interesting.

I'm surprised Itachi let Kabuto talk that long lol. I really wonder now what's going on with Edo Madara since Kabuto is not keeping close tabs. And I'm surprised he's not summoning him. E Madara could kill Itachi, capture Sasuke and allow Kabuto to run experiments.

Only Itachi knew where the hideout was, plus Edo Madara would be there with Kabuto to protect him. Now is the perfect time to escape the weak Hokage's so they can't follow and destroy the leaf and capture Sasuke...

I wonder though if Kishi will have that happen. It would be epic to see the 3 Uchiha's together.
__________________
Writer or Adventurer? http://www.writerzweb.com
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:37   Link #24
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
That would basically make Itachi's dad an idiot. He knew a lot of the Uchiha "secrets" and he was with another Uchiha at the time of his death (his wife) but didn't try to use it on his son who just massacred the clan. Losing 1, 2 or 4 eyes should have been better than the clan being wiped out completely.
Haha, yeah.

____________

TBH, I am surprised that no one can opposed Itachi that time. I think there should be few atleast that has Mangekyou, but they were just wiped out.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 09:18   Link #25
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
so kabuto finally gets his back story and his intentions cleared, huh? i guess, i got my wish! but i feel it's a little too late.

the bar scene feels forced. where did that come from? oh well...

i really want sasuke to have a change of heart after this fight. well maybe not a complete turnaround. i just want itachi to affect him in a positive way just to throw things off. we pretty much expected naruto to be sasuke's savior but if itachi manages to change his mind then perhaps his fate would not be so certain and we might actually have something else to talk about besides naruto saving him and his plans against konoha.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 09:27   Link #26
drulo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i really want sasuke to have a change of heart after this fight. well maybe not a complete turnaround. i just want itachi to affect him in a positive way just to throw things off.
Well in their current situation, I think that there's a big chance that could happen.
drulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 09:41   Link #27
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so kabuto finally gets his back story and his intentions cleared, huh? i guess, i got my wish! but i feel it's a little too late.

the bar scene feels forced. where did that come from? oh well...
the whole chapter felt forced to me. kabuto's backstory was pretty weak since kishi probably realized it was too late to give him an interesting one. also one that made sense... if he was konoha's spy then how did nobody think it weird for him to be playing the fool in the chuunin exam over and over? oh well, his character was always sub-par anyway. I still like him as a villain, as long as I ignore his past.

I liked the bar scene, but it was kind of dumb. and then of course there is a sharingan move that will work in this situation. it works story-wise, but a tad predictable. there can't always just be another new crazy high level sharingan tech that works in a given scenario.. oh wait, there always is

Quote:
i really want sasuke to have a change of heart after this fight. well maybe not a complete turnaround. i just want itachi to affect him in a positive way just to throw things off. we pretty much expected naruto to be sasuke's savior but if itachi manages to change his mind then perhaps his fate would not be so certain and we might actually have something else to talk about besides naruto saving him and his plans against konoha.
yea that would be awesome
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:11   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
seems like I must re-read Sasuke vs Danzou's battle because I already forgot what is Izanagi

yeah... Sasuke showed his immature act again... selfish resolution... I respect Kabuto more than him

now, what will be Itachi's last message to his little bro?? Itachi really my idol when he said "I'm still leaf konoha shinobi"... that's so cool
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:22   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Izanagi is that technique that makes fake things real and real things fake.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:23   Link #30
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the whole chapter felt forced to me. kabuto's backstory was pretty weak since kishi probably realized it was too late to give him an interesting one. also one that made sense... if he was konoha's spy then how did nobody think it weird for him to be playing the fool in the chuunin exam over and over? oh well, his character was always sub-par anyway. I still like him as a villain, as long as I ignore his past.

I liked the bar scene, but it was kind of dumb. and then of course there is a sharingan move that will work in this situation. it works story-wise, but a tad predictable. there can't always just be another new crazy high level sharingan tech that works in a given scenario.. oh wait, there always is
kishi is in love with sharingan i fear.

kabuto's past is... i don't even have the words to describe it. i guess i expected so much more from a so-called psychopathic scientist. in the end he was just someone's servant. i suddenly miss oro.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:28   Link #31
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Izanagi is that technique that makes fake things real and real things fake.
Sharingan izanagi lets you make any damage done to you vanish while rinnegan izanagi lets you create / alter things and maybe rinnegan can also use sharingan style izanagi as well.

On a page of this chapter it looked like Sasuke's EMS design changed but it may have just been drawn wrong and I presume the bar scene with Sasuke was outside of Konoha with some leaf ninja visiting the bar.

Itachi can use izanami, I wonder if his eye will heal or lose its eyesight despite him being a Edo zombie. Seems Kabuto is trying to get Sasuke to join him since he knows there's a chance he could lose this fight.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:44   Link #32
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Izanagi is that technique that makes fake things real and real things fake.
It only lets you make real things fake, not the reverse direction. Only a Sage of the Six Paths can create as far as we know. It would be interesting if Izanami lets you make fake things real. That said, I was under the impression that the powers of both Uchiha and Senju were needed to use Izanagi - does Izanami not have the same requirements, or is Itachi yet another shinobi that has Hashirama's cells?
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 10:59   Link #33
haegar
mangaviking
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I like this chap.

Yes, it's kinda late to think about a story for Kabuto and it wasn't exactly rich.
Yeah, weird Uchiha flashbacks outa nowhere, wtf?!
Aye, ANOTHER EYE

but at least Kabuto looks the part and trying to talk Sasuske into switching sides at this point is kinda ballsey



in short:
__________________
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5008/kibatabisig2.png

Last edited by haegar; 2012-04-04 at 11:13.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 11:30   Link #34
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
It only lets you make real things fake, not the reverse direction. Only a Sage of the Six Paths can create as far as we know. It would be interesting if Izanami lets you make fake things real. That said, I was under the impression that the powers of both Uchiha and Senju were needed to use Izanagi - does Izanami not have the same requirements, or is Itachi yet another shinobi that has Hashirama's cells?
Izanagi is a forbidden Jutsu of the Uchiha clan which allows the user to make himself invincible temporarily. Any damage done user is erased by the jutsu as if it never happened. This is achieved by the Sharingan casting a genjutsu on the caster itself
and bending the lines between reality and illusion. The tradeoff to this power is that once the jutsu wears off the Sharingan eye that activated it is closed forever.

Danzou took multiple eyes from dead Uchiha so he could perform Izanagi several times.

Since Izanami is a jutsu similar to Izanagi but it's own jutsu I don't think having Senju DNA is necessary for its use.

In Japanese Mythology Izanami is the wife and younger sister of the God Izanagi who died in child birth. Izanagi attempted to bring her back to life from the underworld.

Izanami is the Goddess of creation and death.


Itachi said that if Izanagi can change destiny then Izanami can decide it and that it was the ultimate eye jutsu that holds Kabuto's destiny. It can also effect an opponent without relying on attacking the senses so we know that Kabuto doesn't have to see the Sharingan to be effected by this technique.

I'm guessing that Izanami changes reality around the opponent in some way that will allow Itachi to immobilize Kabuto.

The next chapter ought to be very exciting.
__________________
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 11:52   Link #35
Lendial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Itachi further cements his position as one of the if not best character in the series.

im more interested in itachi's parting words to his little brother than how this fight will turn out.
who knows, maybe kishi will suprise us by having sasuke saved now and here instead of later on by naruto.
__________________
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 12:23   Link #36
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Oh all ye of little faith; do you really think Kabuto will be able to beat Itachi? Aw hells no. Itachi is going to own him, lol. Especially with the new sharinhax jutsu we've all been waiting for.

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good chapter. Sasuke is not a complete sociopath, he just has an epic anger management problem. This is what I'm calling: after the fight with Kabuto (which Itachi will win, and afterwards he'll tell Sasuke the TRUTH) Sasuke is still going to be mad as hell, fight Naruto, BUT THEN use the Izangi/Izanami deal to save Naruto in the end, at the cost of his own eyeballs. And then Sasuke would probably run away and be a bad-ass blind s-classed ninja who still kicked butt

That would be fun....
__________________
octaviahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 12:40   Link #37
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Izanagi is a forbidden Jutsu of the Uchiha clan which allows the user to make himself invincible temporarily. Any damage done user is erased by the jutsu as if it never happened. This is achieved by the Sharingan casting a genjutsu on the caster itself
and bending the lines between reality and illusion. The tradeoff to this power is that once the jutsu wears off the Sharingan eye that activated it is closed forever.

Danzou took multiple eyes from dead Uchiha so he could perform Izanagi several times.

Since Izanami is a jutsu similar to Izanagi but it's own jutsu I don't think having Senju DNA is necessary for its use.

In Japanese Mythology Izanami is the wife and younger sister of the God Izanagi who died in child birth. Izanagi attempted to bring her back to life from the underworld.

Izanami is the Goddess of creation and death.


Itachi said that if Izanagi can change destiny then Izanami can decide it and that it was the ultimate eye jutsu that holds Kabuto's destiny. It can also effect an opponent without relying on attacking the senses so we know that Kabuto doesn't have to see the Sharingan to be effected by this technique.

I'm guessing that Izanami changes reality around the opponent in some way that will allow Itachi to immobilize Kabuto.

The next chapter ought to be very exciting.
This all fits pretty well with my guess as to the nature of Izanami. It is a fact, though, that even using Izanagi required the powers of both Senju and Uchiha - Tobi said it himself during his fight against Konan, chiding Danzou's version as incomplete due to him not being able to control Hashirama's power. This raises questions about the prerequisites for using Izanami in my opinion, since it looks to be the opposite side of the same coin.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:00   Link #38
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
So how can be Izanami the opposite of Izanagi? Izanagi makes reality an illusion, so if you die it becomes just an illusion, furthermore it seems to have a very localized effect centered around the user. Then the opposite should make an illusion into reality, but that sounds like godmode. That would be quite useful for Itachi, since he wants Kabuto to stop the jutsu, so if he can just imagine this then Izanami should make this a reality. I guess if that happens Kabuto will shit his pants, then maybe escape, but if he doesn't have any purpose in the story after this then Kishimoto will probably kill him off right now. In the next chapter Kabuto will reveal that he hates Kishimoto for always using him as a plot device, then he takes over the manga with his secret jutsu
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:02   Link #39
Ushio the Omega
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Yeah the way it's going I wouldn’t be surprised by Sasuke's redemption being to resurrect everyone who died in the war with Gedō: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu after gaining the Rinnegan.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:08   Link #40
Discerptor
ANIUE!111
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
So how can be Izanami the opposite of Izanagi? Izanagi makes reality an illusion, so if you die it becomes just an illusion, furthermore it seems to have a very localized effect centered around the user. Then the opposite should make an illusion into reality, but that sounds like godmode.
I'm not going to lie. In Bleach, I honestly thought that Aizen's Bankai would be something similar to what we're guessing Izanami is.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.