AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-20, 03:21   Link #1
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden

So I just started reading this novel courtesy of a suggestion and C.E.Translation and wondered if there were any other of you that also keep up with this series.




Premise for the story/the setting is that in this certain world, there's two kinds of energy. Good Energy (Shinryoku), and Bad Energy (Mateki).
The Mateki corrupts land and humans die (or perish in some way) when contacting with Mateki so naturally humans shy away from it, leading all of humanity to reside in a certain place-a floating continent. On this continent, there's a huge tower where the Queen and 5 Priestesses maintain a barrier with Shinryoku (think of it as magic basically) to ward off the Mateki. Of course the Mateki isn't inanimate, certain beings (demons basically) called Yuugenshu constantly try to invade the floating continent and add on to the problems faced by humans.
Story revolves around main character of "Sheltis" and female lead "Ymy". Ymy is one of the 5 high priestesses and Sheltis is a childhood friend of hers.

I'm not entirely sure how much more I should say lest I spoil anything...

Last edited by kfcpanda; 2012-07-20 at 05:10. Reason: Added cover page
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:34   Link #2
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Singapore
Finally someone started a thread on this i was too lazy to start it myself, but heck hows the novel for you
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 03:51   Link #3
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Oo a thread at last.
Chinese translation up till v6 but there're 9vols in japanese.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic208954_2.gif
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:15   Link #4
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Heh I really like it!
I can't help but see the similarities between this and Chrome Shelled Regios but eh, the world setting is and the defining characteristic between the MC's sets it apart. Still wish the MC/storyline wouldn't be so obtuse about the romantic aspect of it between Ymy and Sheltis...

Anywho, I'm up to where CET has it, so about halfway through the 3rd volume, I'm not sure/don't think there's any other source for English scans (I sorta regret not following through in my Chinese heritage now and learning Chinese...)
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:18   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
What's it about? Can you add a synopsis and perhaps, a cover page to the opening post? It should help to attract a few more readers.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 04:27   Link #6
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Heh I really like it!
I can't help but see the similarities between this and Chrome Shelled Regios but eh, the world setting is and the defining characteristic between the MC's sets it apart. Still wish the MC/storyline wouldn't be so obtuse about the romantic aspect of it between Ymy and Sheltis...

Anywho, I'm up to where CET has it, so about halfway through the 3rd volume, I'm not sure/don't think there's any other source for English scans (I sorta regret not following through in my Chinese heritage now and learning Chinese...)
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS YET there are 2 prequel novels.

1) is on baka-tsuki, takes place like thousands of years before

2)takes place later but still before the main storyline and talks about Ilis

Also don't have any regrets, besides chinese is torture for me, a natural-born chinese lol
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 05:10   Link #7
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What's it about? Can you add a synopsis and perhaps, a cover page to the opening post? It should help to attract a few more readers.
added picture and synopsis!
is the synopsis adequate?
i'm trying to both say enough and not say too much...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS YET there are 2 prequel novels.

1) is on baka-tsuki, takes place like thousands of years before

2)takes place later but still before the main storyline and talks about Ilis

Also don't have any regrets, besides chinese is torture for me, a natural-born chinese lol
what are names of the prequels?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 05:14   Link #8
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
Yuto is my favorite character...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:59   Link #9
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Apparently the first priestess( below saleh) is very power and her sennenshi is
Spoiler:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic208954_2.gif
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 02:02   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
added picture and synopsis!
is the synopsis adequate?
i'm trying to both say enough and not say too much...
That's perfect. It reads interesting!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 02:04   Link #11
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
There's something I really need to know! Plz spoil me about Yuto!

Spoiler for Yuto:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:42   Link #12
kfcpanda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
what do you mean?

She's a girl that Shelis sorta took as a little sister during his time in the living sector.
Or are you asking about exact identity/why is she special/her origins?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:33   Link #13
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
what do you mean?

She's a girl that Shelis sorta took as a little sister during his time in the living sector.
Or are you asking about exact identity/why is she special/her origins?
Yeah, who is she exactly!? There's something weird about her. I want to know everything about her.

I find it hard to believe she's just an ordinary innocent girl after vol. 2.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 15:39   Link #14
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Bump for an awesome series.

Just finished reading the first 3 volumes that are translated. Im surprised I had never heard of it before. Kinda reminds me of a couple of other series out right now like SAO, Blade Dance, and Chrome Shelled Regios.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 15:49   Link #15
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
The RAW for vol. 10 was out now!

The series is interesting, but if the author tends to write another series again using this one as prologue, it'll piss off a few people.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 23:57   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Story revolves around main character of "Sheltis" and female lead "Ymy". Ymy is one of the 5 high priestesses and Sheltis is a childhood friend of hers.
if every LN with childhood friend disappear how LN would be left?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 02:20   Link #17
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS YET there are 2 prequel novels.

1) is on baka-tsuki, takes place like thousands of years before

2)takes place later but still before the main storyline and talks about Ilis

Also don't have any regrets, besides chinese is torture for me, a natural-born chinese lol
I know Tasogareiro no Uta Tsukai is one of the prequel but what's the other one? =w=
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 03:41   Link #18
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I know Tasogareiro no Uta Tsukai is one of the prequel but what's the other one? =w=
I think it's "Fukanzen Shinkei Kikan Ilis" (Imperfect Divine Arms Ilis), the series focus on Illis' past...

But all I want is to know what the hell is going on in Eden.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 08:41   Link #19
DoomCalibur
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Any1 know the whereabout of the translator who works for CE ???? It has been on hiatus for almost four months now. And i am dying to find out what happened next mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 10:29   Link #20
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Any1 know the whereabout of the translator who works for CE ???? It has been on hiatus for almost four months now. And i am dying to find out what happened next mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
He said a couple months back that he's probably going to retire once he graduates college (this summer?) and until then his priority is on finishing Sayonara Piano Sonata . So your best bet at this point is to hope someone at BT picks it up.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.