AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-02-10, 19:27   Link #1
Last Exile

24 Fragile Things! Original web-manga (work in progress!)

Hey hey, I'm just another average anime/manga obsessed guy who've been using Animesuki for quite a while but only recently thought of joining the forum. Its the biggest forum I've ever joined and there seems to be an endless list of people here, so excuse me whilst I get my bearings around these waters.

Please visit my website at 24 Fragile Things, and please give me your comments. Arigato Gozaimasu! ^_^*
[be sure to see the cel-shaded & Stories section, its where all the work is.]

Just in case you cared, my faves at the moment are:

1/ Da Capo
2/ Gokusen
3/ Chrno Crusade
4/ ROD TV
5/ Naruto (but I'm not a fanboy ^_^)

My all time faves are:

1/ Evangelion (no comment)
2/ FLCL
3/ Kare Kano (what can I say I love Gainax)
4/ Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (daisuki na Mitsuki-chan dakara!)
5/ Scrapped Princess
6/ Hikaru no GO
7/ Last Exile
8/ Fruits Basket

Onegai-shimasu!

:: A humble tribute to my undying love for manga/anime... Onegai -shimasu! ^_^ ::

Last edited by Last Exile; 2004-03-08 at 18:51.
Last Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 21:03   Link #2
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
the art looks really cool, and it seems like it will be an enjoyable magna. I cant wait to see it when you're done with the first part.

"Not all who wander are lost"

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

"There's someone in my head but its not me"

Series currently watching:
Bleach, Strawberry Panic!, Utawarerumono, Air Gear, XXXHolic, Ouran High School Host Club, Inukami!, Innocent Venus, Chocotto Sister, Welcome to the NHK, KIBA, Muteki Kanban Musume
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 22:55   Link #3
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

I looked into your cel-art gallery and IMO the "Trumpet Persom" is my favourite, not only does it have alot of detail but it also has some really slick style to it. BTW, why did they hate that work?
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 15:52   Link #4
Last Exile

Thanks guys!

The trumpet persocom was made for a competition where we had to design the CD inlay for a youth brass band. They hated it because it had nothing to do with what the band stood for aparently. Nevermind! ^_^

:: A humble tribute to my undying love for manga/anime... Onegai -shimasu! ^_^ ::
Old 2004-02-11, 17:34   Link #5
Demon_Spawn67
Kain

>.< I HATE U U DRAW SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME AND U CAN DRAW A mANGA

GETS REALLY ANGRY

keep it up!!!
^.^ great work wanna read it

haven't seen last exile heard it was good
Old 2004-02-12, 19:13   Link #6
Last Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Spawn67
>.< I HATE U U DRAW SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME AND U CAN DRAW A mANGA

GETS REALLY ANGRY

keep it up!!!
^.^ great work wanna read it

haven't seen last exile heard it was good
Thanks dude. Last Exile is amazing, you have to give it a try.

Old 2004-02-13, 04:15   Link #7
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
Pretty good drawings. I like all of them. They remind me of Digimon for some reason.
Old 2004-02-13, 11:40   Link #8
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
Your style really reminds me of love hina ( which is a good thing )

You got the face down, I really want you to work on your anatomy of the characters a little though.

Welcome to animesuki
anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-16, 15:29   Link #9
Last Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime-otaku
Your style really reminds me of love hina ( which is a good thing )

You got the face down, I really want you to work on your anatomy of the characters a little though.

Welcome to animesuki
Yeah, you've nailed my weakness in one. I'm getting better, but I do have problems with proportions. They always look alright in pencil but less so when inked!

Please visit again soon, there'll be an update, including some new cel-art. Arigato Gozaimashita! ^_^

Old 2004-02-16, 17:11   Link #10
_Yuki_
*In love*

Send a message via AIM to _Yuki_ Send a message via MSN to _Yuki_ Send a message via Yahoo to _Yuki_
I really luv ur style, it's amazing, kawaiii (reminds me of kare kano) ^-^

keep up the good work
Old 2004-03-05, 17:11   Link #11
Last Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yuki_
I really luv ur style, it's amazing, kawaiii (reminds me of kare kano) ^-^

keep up the good work
Thanks Yuki! You share the same name as my female lead!

Please come check it out again, I've actually started with the story itself!!! I'm aiming to upload a new manga strip every week. ^_^

Old 2004-03-05, 17:47   Link #12
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
It sounds like a pretty cool idea. I'll wait for a few to come out before I start reading.
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 07:42   Link #13
gizmo
Monenenenee!

hehe i've read the first manga's, it sure is fun
I like your storyboard, you made it all up yourselve?
Impressive! The artwork is just fine too, it's like i'm reading a proffesional manga here
You're a great drawer, keep up the episodes I'll sure read them.
Old 2004-03-06, 09:47   Link #14
wao
OK.

Not bad... ^_^ Actually your art style reminds me more of Narutaru (the anime) more than anything... especially the girl, she looks a LOT like that nervy girl... what was her name...

If there's anything I can ask you to work on... hm, maybe you could make your drawings a little less stiff, because they look kind of stiff (though that's my personal opinion)... I dunno. Personally your art style isn't my kind of style BUT that's because thats the way I am... A lot of people out there would love your work

Nice coloured stuff but like I said maybe the arms and stuff could be less stiff but that's ok it's kind of annoying to do and it's a small detail... and hey, you're a KGNE nerd, you have KGNE lyrics all over your wallpapers. XD Though for the Shujin + Yuki pics... why does it look as if Shujin is hugging Yuki's neck? O_o They look a little estranged...

Whatever. I shouldn't be posting in Fanart because I'm a pissy-and-critical mood...
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 18:37   Link #15
Last Exile

All comments are welcomed, I need it to improve so thanks for your critique. I kind of know what you mean about my style being a bit static, I'm going to work on making my strips more dynamic and exciting, posture and camera angles are important factors that I must consider more in the future.#

Bear with me guys, I'm not a pro and am constantly improving like everyone else so...

And yes, I am a big time kiminozo otaku, along with fruits basket, which IMO is one of the best anime ever created!

Old 2004-03-08, 18:43   Link #16
Raxial
CG / Color

the worst thing would be for you to lose momentum. Keep going with it, that's the most important thing
Old 2004-03-10, 22:17   Link #17
Last Exile

It took me all f'ing day, pissing around with Image Ready, but I'm kind of pleased with the result. Animating is the biggest bitch ever, even though all I did was 12 frames of hair!!! I don't know why the japanese bother!

Old 2004-03-10, 22:21   Link #18
Raxial
CG / Color

bah, i'd have to do that on paper then scan it in.

Oh yeah, what do you use for your lining, and like how long does one page of your comic take, just do draw, not like script and stuff.
Old 2004-03-11, 23:57   Link #19
Last Exile

No I didn't draw that gif in Image Ready, it's impossible to draw with a mouse! I scanned it in Image Ready and made the gif there.

I use the good old Manga pen and ink to do the lines, it takes me about 1 to 2 hours for the illustration, and another 2 hours on photoshop to do the tones.

Old 2004-03-12, 23:11   Link #20
BOZZY

I love that animated image you created (obviously the one you're talking about) and just started reading it... I also really like your art style... It's obviously based on the "manga style" but it's its own thing too, can't wait to see how your art style and skills develop as your manga/comic progresses...

I've already added this to my bookmarks... Gonna have to keep up-to-date with this one

One little question tho... How exactly do you do web comics, it's not just simply drawing it and scanning, is it? Do you use Photoshop just to (can't remember the tool name) kinda whiten it or is there more to it?

Sorry for the curiousity, but a friend and I are planning on also doing a web comic (I'm doing the story cause I just plain suck at drawing) sometime towards the end of the year...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote