AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 15:52   Link #401
Xion Valkyrie

I was soloing the level 30/31 basilisks at 34 and I was getting decent loot (5-6 drops ber kill) but as soon as I dinged 35 they gave 2-3 drops per kill and I decided it was a waste of time to continue killing them anymore. Instances might be different though.

If you like soloing BAMs and like action games, I'd suggest rolling a warrior. Up to the 32 ish BAMs the only one that seems more effort than it's worth are the crab BAMs, mostly because of the terrain and the proximity of other crab BAMs in that area.

I believe pretty much all open world BAMs are solo-able by Warrior even later on so it's probably the most flexible BAM soloing class. It's also probably the fastest.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:32   Link #402
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Having troubles buying the game now from online. I'll probably just check the stores again, but there seems to be an issue. Where you put all your information in, but there's a "Payment Authorization Failed" error for some reason. It could be just me putting the wrong information?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:33   Link #403
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Maybe your card can't be used online? I'd suggest signing up and using Paypal.
Old 2012-05-02, 18:41   Link #404
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Edit: It was just the card I was using. Tried another card of mine and it seemed to work. I'll be online once I finish downloading the game

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-05-02 at 19:17.
Old 2012-05-02, 20:19   Link #405
Dist

^Okay. If you're coming to Dragonfall, leave an app to the guild Zodiac through Guilds On Server interface.
Old 2012-05-02, 21:05   Link #406
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Tried soloing a Teralith. Got it to about 80% before it got a lucky knockdown on me (big mistake), and followed up with a high powered attack that critted on me while I was still getting up for the for the rest of my hit points Though my heal was still on cooldown since some of his attacks pierce my shield >:[
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 21:38   Link #407
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

NSFW
Old 2012-05-02, 21:53   Link #408
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
HHahaha I was not expecting that last part XD I almost couldn't breath.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:00   Link #409
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Wait... What just happened in the ending now?
Old 2012-05-02, 22:23   Link #410
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

It was a happy ending of course...

... involving poor horsemanship.
Old 2012-05-02, 22:35   Link #411
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Edit: I might have to try tomorrow when my internet is better. Whenever I log back in, I have to start the Prologue all over again Q_Q
Old 2012-05-03, 04:22   Link #412
Mow Yun

If you log out and log back in, it gives you the option whether to play the prologue, or skip it and jump right onto the Island of Dawn.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:45   Link #413
Dist

^Pretty sure that only happens if you've played the prologue through already once, meaning you've completed it on one character :/
Old 2012-05-03, 16:25   Link #414
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Tried soloing a Teralith. Got it to about 80% before it got a lucky knockdown on me (big mistake), and followed up with a high powered attack that critted on me while I was still getting up for the for the rest of my hit points Though my heal was still on cooldown since some of his attacks pierce my shield >:[
I was soloing those on my 39 sorc last night while waiting for CR queue and farming potion mats. Ended up with three CR runs, a gold and a few blues to sell, enough mats to make 100 potions and several dead ancient teraliths, which each dropped blues, greens and titan runes.

I didn't intend to fight them at first but one of them spawned directly on top of a gathering node. The nerve. I just had to kill him, and when I realized I could take them on fairly easily in about 8ish minutes, I killed one waiting for respawning nodes.

I can't heal at all so my stock of potions keeps me alive when fighting bams if I mess up kiting and get hit. The teraliths are pretty fast but by virtue of being 3 levels above them I don't get knocked down very often and their attack patterns are fairly predictable.

Runes are easier to get from lower level bams... it seems that runes are the last thing that falls off the loot table when you're overleveled. Since my guild is a crafting guild I routinely stock the gbank with titan runes.
Old 2012-05-03, 23:46   Link #415
Mow Yun

Yeah sorcs are a bit more mobile than Lancers are, and the teralith was 1 level above me so he had some damage bonuses on me :*

Though lately I've been getting the feeling that people add me to their friends' lists just so they can avoid dungeon finder hell :X

Lancers take FOREVER to kill anything D:

EDIT: The female Aman and Castanic characters running round with Elin voices is awkward at best...
Old 2012-05-04, 00:24   Link #416
Dist

^I think it's sort of weird how you can add people on your friend list without them confirming the request :x. Well, you can always delete them. Anyway, catch me up already on levels so I can abuse you for instance matching too ;D

What do you mean with Aman/Castanic with female voices? Pretty sure each race has a distinguishing voice from each another, even within the 4-5 options you have to choose from. I'm using the JP voice pack though so that may be why..

On lancer related news, we had some fun couple days ago in Westonia. Saw a world boss, a blue Dragon. It was crazy.. It was two levels above us and when it flew up and smashed against our lancer, he lost 70% of his hp while blocking D:. Was a damn intense fight, even for a Sorcerer.. One hit would've surely killed me even through my Mana Barrier. It didn't help that a nearby BAM (Naga) joined the fight when the Dragon had about 20% of it's HP left. Sadly, no worthy loot dropped.

I love fighting the world bosses. They usually have high drop rates for good loot in them, and the fights are more intense than regular BAMs. Sadly, many don't think the same way I do, as people don't often want to kill them '' just for fun '' . In other words, if something is not part of a quest, you usually can't get party for it because there's no EXP to be gained except from the monster itself. And there's no way I can solo them .. Well even if I could, it would take AGES and it wouldn't be fun .. So it's sad to just see them out there yet leave them alone

Of course, running instances is fun too since there's bosses there (Though I can NEVER win a roll for an item I need ), but queueing is HELL as a sorcerer. It could take from 30 minutes to several hours.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:13   Link #417
Mow Yun

Well, I would catch up faster if you didn't play like 32 hours a day >:[

And when I mean Aman/Castanic with Elin voice, I mean female Aman/Castanics with the voice set typically used by Elins. So they have this really high pitched loli voice >_>;

Also tanking CR like a champ failure. Though I'm always about a second late on the leash for the optional boss, he never wants to venture to the wall where i can tank him easily. If I move away from the center, he uses that rush at me and then rushes back.

Or the DPS kite him away while I'm low on shield counter mana -_-;

I've never had to wait longer than instant for the instance finder, muahahahaha~
Old 2012-05-04, 02:26   Link #418
killer3000ad

I am stuck at the 'pick a server' page. How's the PvP in this?
Old 2012-05-04, 02:51   Link #419
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Yeah, I got stuck on the "pick a server" at first as well. I just kept spamming the server I wanted to go on, and even double click its name multiple times. You'll eventually get it.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:53   Link #420
killer3000ad

When I said stuck i meant i have no effing clue which one to pick. ROFL.