AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-19, 02:55   Link #601
Westlo
Lets be reality

The only difference for Castanic was that single armor that showed nipples in the K-TERA Beta, that was chnaged before the game went live over a year ago in Korea. Elins are another story, seems mostly their cloth armor was censored the most since it was the most "revealing".
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 02:59   Link #602
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

Hahaha.... the other races have stuff *just* as revealing. Such a cop out.
Old 2012-05-19, 10:57   Link #603
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The only difference for Castanic was that single armor that showed nipples in the K-TERA Beta, that was chnaged before the game went live over a year ago in Korea. Elins are another story, seems mostly their cloth armor was censored the most since it was the most "revealing".
Have you not seen Castanics lvl60 armor?
Old 2012-05-19, 13:38   Link #604
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Would it be too much to ask for a mod link?

An old screenshot, but I wish I could use this as my signature image or something somehow

Elin are almost as tall as Castanics :P

EDIT: Ugh, how TERA saves things in JPEGs is irritating. That compression >:[
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 14:11   Link #605
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
EDIT: Ugh, how TERA saves things in JPEGs is irritating. That compression >:[
It does? The internal screenshots it saves on my copy are all PNG files. Below are examples (if you click the links, though they're rather huge files given the detail):

(I love using these sorts of screenshots as wallpaper. )

Could it be that your screenshot got compressed when you cropped, or by your image host?
Old 2012-05-19, 14:34   Link #606
Mow Yun

Doh, my bad. Thanks for the correction.
Old 2012-05-19, 19:28   Link #607
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Grrrrrrr, been browsing the web looking for crafting notes, battle tactics, etc. Does no one *write* anymore? About 3/4 of the time, a link leads me to a long obnoxious ill-edited youtube video

(rant rant) .... Compare this to extensive written wikis and guides in other games even when they were brand new and its a facepalm moment.
Old 2012-05-19, 20:05   Link #608
relentlessflame

*Administrator

If you do find any good resources, I'd be curious too. Or, we should start creating such a resource here.

I have to admit that I see people talking about this or that in the chat about crafting and tactics and so on, but I haven't been paying too much attention yet. I also admit that I'm playing solo because I'm sure that I'm less skilled/proficient as a lot of the veterans (whether of this game or other MMOs). People get into all this stat-based chat about how to be the best dps, and while I get the concept, I sort of tune it out. Also whining about how the finer points of the endgame are better or worse than other MMOs, but I've never gotten that far in any other MMO and am only just past 24 in this game. (The chat also seems to be filled now with LFG for quests way above my current level. I think I'll need to figure out how to turn that off, if I can. ) There seems to be a sizable (or at least vocal) group that had already played (or are very familiar with) the Korean version, so they seem to know a lot of stuff that most people wouldn't know, but they sometimes sort of act to others like they're stupid for not knowing (some of us are n00bs here!).

The game is relatively accessible on the surface, but a lot of the more subtle layers are hard to understand (and seem to be more geared towards highly-dedicated players, rather than more casual users). This whole election thing that's starting now is a case-in-point -- it's very interesting, but you'd have to practically dedicate your life to the game to be eligible, so I'll only ever be able to watch from the outside.
Old 2012-05-19, 20:21   Link #609
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't see any point in over-analyzing the details because every MMO usually has a nerf/rebalance/update after release.

And yeah, there's an infantile group that appears to be the basement dwelling "24/7 Tera" kids with minimal social skills who *COULD* be knowledgeably helpful but instead just piss off anyone listening.

I usually turn off area chat (it hurts the brain when school lets out) and LFG is usually meh unless I'm really clear I'm learning a class and seeking others learning theirs. Most often I stick with guild members. As my son says, the most assertive "this is how you play and its the only way" types are often quite stupidly wrong.

If one isn't having fun.... then they're not really playing any more they're working without pay

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-05-19 at 20:32.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 20:24   Link #610
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It does? The internal screenshots it saves on my copy are all PNG files. Below are examples (if you click the links, though they're rather huge files given the detail):

(I love using these sorts of screenshots as wallpaper. )

Could it be that your screenshot got compressed when you cropped, or by your image host?
are those user taken?O-o

I want a screenshot like that of my Lancer charging towards a army
Old 2012-05-19, 20:57   Link #611
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
are those user taken?O-o
Yup, taken by yours truly using the magic of the PrintScreen key and the various in-game camera controls.

(But it would probably be a lot harder to take an "action" screenshot because you can't take the time to pose things, turn off the interface, and so on.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If one isn't having fun.... then they're not really playing any more they're working without pay
Amen to that. I've been pretty happy learning things as I go and just enjoying the game, but I wouldn't mind a collection of useful explanations and "pro tips", written in a way that doesn't require years of MMO experience to understand.
Old 2012-05-19, 22:01   Link #612
RWBladewing

So after more than a week and multiple issues with UPS shipping my video card, I am finally able to play this. I decided to go with Celestial Hills afterall but have already had to turn off chat in the newbie zone because people are extremely annoying. My character name is Vorosh (Aman Berserker) if anyone wants to ever party, though I am still very low level and will be balancing this with Diablo 3, so will be playing very casually.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 22:15   Link #613
Mr Hat and Clogs
Troublemaker Fanclub

@ Vexx and Relentlessflame, I linked a link to a page for Mystics on the bottom of the previous page which has some OK info's. There are other posts on the general forum that have similar threads. But if you want something from a fan site like say, Elitest Jerks in WoW, or mmo-tactics for TOR and WoW, than I don't know of anything like that yet... other than teracodex.com. Actually it seems that they have added some guides to that site now.
Old 2012-05-19, 22:39   Link #614
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
So after more than a week and multiple issues with UPS shipping my video card, I am finally able to play this. I decided to go with Celestial Hills afterall but have already had to turn off chat in the newbie zone because people are extremely annoying. My character name is Vorosh (Aman Berserker) if anyone wants to ever party, though I am still very low level and will be balancing this with Diablo 3, so will be playing very casually.
Ah, I'll keep an eye out though I tend to play at odd hours

... and thanks to MHaC for the links.
Old 2012-05-19, 23:56   Link #615
Mow Yun

I use the party tab, enable party chat, guild chat, and whisper. everything else is irrelevant 99% of the time :P

Gil (Guild leader), and two other guild members I party with now. My character's on the far right :3

:3

EDIT: Now I'm starting to think I might need to put this in a NSFW spoiler tag.
Old 2012-05-19, 23:59   Link #616
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Mystic thread for ... Chiyuri. Has good info on Glyphs.
Thanks.... its a wall of text and data but gave me insights into what to focus on and what to expect.
Old 2012-05-20, 01:46   Link #617
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I'd mostly like a resource that tells me which bosses drop which pretty clothes, and which tailoring patterns make which pretty clothes!
Old 2012-05-20, 02:09   Link #618
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'd mostly like a resource that tells me which bosses drop which pretty clothes, and which tailoring patterns make which pretty clothes!
Yeah. It seems you can't preview items before crafting them, making crafting for templates a PITA.
Old 2012-05-20, 02:10   Link #619
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yeah, as empty-walleted starter - I wasted a couple of gold testing dyes on armor with mostly terrible results (e.g. bought a purple dye, applied it to an armor that was dye-able, and.... totally wasted it nothing changed). So dye and crafting data would be much appreciated.
Old 2012-05-20, 02:26   Link #620
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Have you not seen Castanics lvl60 armor?
I meant that cloth was the most revealing in regards to Elin only armor.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote