AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-09, 18:47   Link #281
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
...settle this amiably at the UN.
*taking a deep breath (cooling off)

Hehehe, tell that to PRC if she has the courage to follow us and not just boast her Superpowerness.
The root of everything is China's refusal to put this to the International Tribunal on the Law of the Seas. I don't really see the point way she is soooo scared.
Old 2012-05-09, 18:55   Link #282
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Unless the Chinese send their whole navy to that archipielago, I don't see the point of the whole war drum thing. I'm not on the Chinese side, as it reflects my own situation as a nation, but I'm pro-peace.

China really has nothing to win by declaring war on the whole world. THey are looking to make the Filipinos react to justify their war and hopefully stop international recriminations (like they did with the Japanese boats on a certain archipielago a while back)

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-09, 19:00   Link #283
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Unless the Chinese send their whole navy to that archipielago, I don't see the point of the whole war drum thing. I'm not on the Chinese side, as it reflects my own situation as a nation, but I'm pro-peace.
Well, because somebody is belittling us. I agree with you. But you can't blame us who were just so pissed off already. I'm just saying that we will fight in what we stand. We request PRC so many times to bring this to the International Tribunal but still refusing. The issue will only be settled if she takes the step toward the International Tribunal and I give you my word for it. We are a happy nation and a low suicide rate proves it.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:03   Link #284
PzIVf3

China to begin deep-water drilling near Scarborough

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/360...ar-scarborough
Old 2012-05-09, 19:03   Link #285
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The root of everything is China's refusal to put this to the International Tribunal on the Law of the Seas. I don't really see the point way she is soooo scared.
It's not about being scared or not. It's about having faith in the International good judgement.

Plus, China has supported non-intervention in other countries' matters, like in Syria, for example. It's basically about Premier Zhou Enlai's five principles.

• mutual respect for each other’s territorial integrity and sovereignty;
• to abide by mutual non-agression;
• non-interference in each other’s internal affairs;
• respect for mutual equality and to work for mutual benefit; and
• peaceful co-existence

Making the countries do the opposite for his case would contradict the message it wants to pass in the UN.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:03   Link #286
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Don't get me wrong, I completely support the Filipinos here.

I just don't believe that the international comunity is as rotten as it's made out to be... I still believe in the UN. I just hope I'm not wrong.

The last thing I want to see is bloodshed... Every soul lost is a potential einstein (look at WW1 and how many people came writers/musicians/etc. Imagine if the war hadn't happened)

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-05-09, 19:04   Link #287
NeoChan
Banned

God, why would they just go with us in the International Tribunal. I never thought PRC is this stubborn.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:05   Link #288
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
God, why would they just go with us in the International Tribunal. I never thought PRC is this stubborn.
I repeat this...

Quote:
• non-interference in each other’s internal affairs;
Old 2012-05-09, 19:14   Link #289
NoemiChan
Banned

If two nations will never agree on something, have another to decide. What's the purpose of ITLS anyway if some superpower is scared to settle things legally.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:14   Link #290
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Guys don't be ridiculous.

Look at my location, and then look at where senseless patriotism (supported by a stupid military dictatorship) got us.

Niker
Except Argentina doesn't have anybody related in the Falkland islands. As the residents are British.

Where as we do have Muslim Filipinos in Sabah. Those recruited Filipino Muslim soldiers in Corregidor mutinied when they heard Marcos plan to destabilize it and take over the Sabah as they won't hurt civilians. They were massacred by the Marcos administration in 1968 with one survivor exposing it. It was a media field day.

Of course we know Marcos declared Martial Law in 1972. Took us a couple of years but we kicked him out of office.

Quote:
War isn't pretty, and yet people here seem to do nothing but to beat the war drum... If you ask me, the last thing people need to do is senseless provocation of the opposing side, and settle this amiably at the UN.
Which the Philippine government is doing by wanting to present the case at ITLOS.

Which China is crying us not to do.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:17   Link #291
Ithekro
Space Battleship

International waters are not internal affairs.

Sorry, the only solution is an international one.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:22   Link #292
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
International waters are not internal affairs.
Well, it is internal affairs from PRC's view.

I wonder if the UN has already made a decision about something as important about land ownership...
Old 2012-05-09, 19:28   Link #293
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Well, it is internal affairs from PRC's view.
That's the view they wanted to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
I wonder if the UN has already made a decision about something as important about land ownership...
Don't know about that. As long as BOTH will formally put their claims in the INTERNATIONAL Court there wouldn't be any NO PROBLEM.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:30   Link #294
Ithekro
Space Battleship

The basic problem with the Senkaku Islands was that when the Treaty of San Francisco was being written, China was unstable. It was unable to participate effectively in the treaty process. They later via Taiwan, signed a similar treaty that covered most of what the San Francisco Treaty covered.

Because China was unstable and potentially falling to the Communists, who were quite clearly the next "Enemy" to the Allied Nations along with the Soviet Union, the nature of the Senkaku Islands remained nebulous. By the time the issue of those islands being returned came out again in the 1970s, relations with China had openned, and Taiwan was "officially" part of China, rather than being the only part the US would deal with. Thus if the Islands were returned to Taiwan, China would object. The Americans were not about to return them to the Communist Chinese....and Japan was an ally again...so the islands went to Japan.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:41   Link #295
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well proud to say, it took 10 million Chinese, a multi-million dollar worth tons bombs and nukes to kill 100 thousand Filipino soldiers with only guns and artillery that is Vietnam war old already. Modern arms wouldn't scare us.
Wait, when did this happen? Was there a China-Philipines war that I wasn't aware of?
Old 2012-05-09, 19:47   Link #296
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Wait, when did this happen? Was there a China-Philipines war that I wasn't aware of?
Genji meant in any case of war, even with PRC "Superpowerness" , the Philippines will never retreat against overwhelming odds.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:48   Link #297
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Let me fix what he said:

Quote:
Even with 10 million Chinese, tons of bombs and even nukes to kill 100,000 Filipino soldiers with only guns and artillery from the Vietnam war era, modern arms won't scare us.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:51   Link #298
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Nah, I'm one to believe that no one had concrete title to those islands until the formal annexation by Japan. Unlike other islands in dispute, I don't recall the islands having ever been an important aspect of fishing (compared to the more famous Dokdo issue).
China didn't care a shit about the islands until the possibility of them hosting oil reserves appeared.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:58   Link #299
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
China didn't care a shit about the islands until the possibility of them hosting oil reserves appeared.
I don't think so. In both Senkaku and Huangyan island cases, it was about Chinese fishermen.

BTW, there's nothing to be proud of your own army being massacred over an island.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:03   Link #300
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
Genji meant in any case of war, even with PRC "Superpowerness" , the Philippines will never retreat against overwhelming odds.
I see. Knowing your tenses is important, guys.

But like I said before, China has no motive in actually occupying the Philippines itself. If things came to war all they would have to do is control the air and sea and let the bombing begin.
Closed Thread