AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 02:44   Link #121
Sumeragi
Banned

Because the fish in Chinese waters are lethal with all the pollution.
Old 2012-04-30, 02:49   Link #122
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Because the fish in Chinese waters are lethal with all the pollution.
Man, that must suck for the Chinese. No wonder they have to fish so far away from their country just to get some.
Old 2012-04-30, 02:52   Link #123
Sumeragi
Banned

Well, it's actually a joke on my part, but it is what Koreans say when they get more than a bit angry with all those damn Chinese fishers coming over into ROK waters and swinging crowbars, bats, pipes, axes, etc, at the Korean Coastal Guards.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:01   Link #124
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
....Chinese fishers coming over into ROK waters and swinging crowbars, bats, pipes, axes, etc, at the Korean Coastal Guards.
Just let them try swinging those in front of a Philippine Coast Guard. He may find himself tied unto a rock and be thrown into the sea.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:02   Link #125
Sumeragi
Banned

Except if that happens, PRC will whine about "inhumane, uncivilized" methods and then ask the "offending" country to not be so "barbaric".
Old 2012-04-30, 03:06   Link #126
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Except if that happens, PRC will whine about "inhumane, uncivilized" methods and then ask the "offending" country to not be so "barbaric".
As if they're human.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...s-last-chance/

I dare him to say it in front of a Filipino soldier (without guns of course).
Old 2012-04-30, 03:12   Link #127
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Some naval doctrine here: warning shots can only be fired upon a demonstration of hostile intent. Meaning which just sailing in do not count towards that, even if it is a military craft.

The Filipino navy doing so could be counted as a "aggressive intent", giving the China navy the "right of self-defence". China knows this, and they are baiting with all that posturing, while the Filipino nationalists are just aggravating by calling for war.
Which is why it's important for us to chill out at the moment, while the peaceful method of negotiation is going on.

However, if the PRC really wants war on us, we'll give it to them.

But then, I have to say again, chill out until it's resolved through peaceful means.
Old 2012-04-30, 03:58   Link #128
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Seems to me the reason why PRCs are universally hated even where there are local Chinese around......they tend to act as though everyone else is a second-level human being in the wake of China's rise, and claim to be mistreated when they insult and offend the local population.

Of course, the non-Chinese locals take it out on ANY Chinese, be it local, HK/TW/MY/IN/PH/AUS/NZ/UK tourists or PRCs (foreign trash acting like snobs or foreign talent looking for work and respecting the locals). The HK/TW/MY/IN Chinese often have it big in SEA and Australia even as tourists.......the last time I went over to Johor the Malays gave me that animous look until I spoke in that broken-English accent.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-30, 08:59   Link #129
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Seems to me the reason why PRCs are universally hated even where there are local Chinese around......they tend to act as though everyone else is a second-level human being in the wake of China's rise, and claim to be mistreated when they insult and offend the local population.

Of course, the non-Chinese locals take it out on ANY Chinese, be it local, HK/TW/MY/IN/PH/AUS/NZ/UK tourists or PRCs (foreign trash acting like snobs or foreign talent looking for work and respecting the locals). The HK/TW/MY/IN Chinese often have it big in SEA and Australia even as tourists.......the last time I went over to Johor the Malays gave me that animous look until I spoke in that broken-English accent.
When it comes to Filipinos with local Chinese no fucks are given. Genetically and culturally speaking Filipinos are literally mongrels of the region. (Myself has Chinese, Japanese and Spaniard mixed with Malay nation blood. Most Filipinos are of the Malay nation, tanned colored people. )

Filipinos attitude are polar opposite of Japanese when it comes to foreigners which is why they can adapt anywhere.

Which why the largest migrants in the Philippines are Chinese. Second largest would be Koreans. Too damn welcoming and extroverts in my opinion.

We do frown of "problems" which and whom originate from the Chinese mainland. Namely smugglers, drug syndicates and other international criminals. Illegal poaching among others.

With Triad drug syndicates even if we catch them they wont squeal about those banking them in China as their families are held hostage.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:19   Link #130
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Actually we mixed blood mongrels have it worst. We get treated as how we look (dominant gene).

I had a distant and small ancestry of Malay and even worse, my ancestors are pre-Xinhai corrupt military officials. My great-grandparents didn't escape here only to have their descendants lynched again by the locals.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:10   Link #131
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Sometimes I wonder if the Chinese are really all that good at international diplomacy. They seem to be doing a damn good job at alienating most of the countries in the region, and pushing them more towards America. There's a fair undercurrent of anti American sentiment in many of the countries that hoist US military bases (Japan/Korea). If China wanted to truely increase their prominence in the region, they'd loosen up on the military grand standing to try to gradually diminish the rational for the US presence.

Instead they seem content to strengthen the rational for the US presence in their backyard, by bullying smaller countries like the Philippines.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:35   Link #132
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming

It would make for a reason to have all their recent military spending.

Did China get an Military Industrical Complex of their own (or are we importing that over to them)?
Old 2012-04-30, 15:36   Link #133
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the Chinese are really all that good at international diplomacy. They seem to be doing a damn good job at alienating most of the countries in the region, and pushing them more towards America. There's a fair undercurrent of anti American sentiment in many of the countries that hoist US military bases (Japan/Korea). If China wanted to truely increase their prominence in the region, they'd loosen up on the military grand standing to try to gradually diminish the rational for the US presence.

Instead they seem content to strengthen the rational for the US presence in their backyard, by bullying smaller countries like the Philippines.
It is more of a "slip up" and following Confucious's "Feed your own children first" IMO.....Chinese people around the world are damn well-known for being in love with their personal image. China wants to cast an image of superiority, but instead, look arrogant in the eyes of others.

Old 2012-04-30, 15:41   Link #134
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Did China get an Military Industrical Complex of their own (or are we importing that over to them)?
Unlike the US, in PRC the military IS the military-industrial complex. Most of the home-made weapons are manufactured by companies which are military-owned.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:52   Link #135
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

In a way, the American military industrial complex is probably far more benign than what would emerge from most countries. Since America is so geographically isolated from most of the world, and because our international alliances with so many countries give America such global reach, most of our military dick waving happen over issues that most Americans probably care to much about, so there has to at least be some kind of moralistic pretense for the American presence.

This gets us into allot of quagmires and cluster fucks that hurt many countries, but at least we try to extract ourselves from the situation, if extremely awkwardly.

Military industrial complex in China? That seems much more dangerious, since when it comes down to it, the regional disputes the Chinese have are much *baser* than Americas. The language China uses are about territory and resources. America is just as influenced by those things (mostly the latter, since our territory is secure), but limits itself by thinking it has to help other people in it's intervention, often the people of the country we intervene in.

TLDR:If America, operating under the nominal idea that we are international super heroes out for truth and justice can cause so much damage in our international adventures, how much will China cause in their adventures when the stated outright goal is territory and resources?
Old 2012-04-30, 16:09   Link #136
NoemiChan
Banned

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/china-rejec...173549920.html

Well, the school bully doesn't want the student council to get involve in the issue. Scared?
Old 2012-04-30, 16:31   Link #137
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
[url]http://ph.news.yahoo.com/china-rejects-philippine-request-mediation-sea-row-173549920.html
It only shows how PRC is retarded, arrogant, and ignorant in settling international disputes. They talk about diplomacy but they let their "Mongoloid General" do some talking.... They demand war but scared of starting it. Cowards!!!
Old 2012-04-30, 16:32   Link #138
ReddyRedWolf

The other bit we should realize is that some quarters wants the Chinese citizenship distracted while the Party leadership is in turmoil over a scandal.

PRC isn't homogeneous. There are factions. There is the defense oriented faction that wants better relations with neighbors co-opting them to China's side and there is the hawkish faction that want to make a name for themselves. The former doesn't like the later as they are messing up their agenda.

So yes China's internal politics are spilling over affecting the rest of us.
Old 2012-04-30, 16:57   Link #139
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'd forgotten about big mess the Chinese had over that murder investigation involving those high ranking party officials. This WOULD be a way to create a distraction for that particular SNAFU.
Old 2012-04-30, 17:04   Link #140
Seitsuki
Onee!

Seriously, the hate in this thread is starting to get ridiculous.

I don't even know the details of this issue, all I do know is there is a load of bashing and frankly that makes me less inclined about the details and simply seats me firmly on my country's side *just because*, right or wrong be damned. I think that's how nationalism works. No it's not very healthy but it's a real issue. I also hardly think I'm going to be the only one. So you can keep complaining about how terrible our government is, how greedy arrogant and supremacist we are without coming up with any real insights, just please realise you're not helping to solve the problem.