AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 29
10: Amazing... 14 25.00%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 22 39.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 17.86%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 10.71%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 1.79%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 3 5.36%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-29, 04:37   Link #21
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
those huge gifts had some gundam manual on them

just start streaming the episode and onto watching

oh great I'm self quoting myself after watching it. Flit why you. You appear to be a caring grand father but your already molding Kio to become the best pilot. Heck Kio was a natural x-rounder!!!!

Though it looks like a teaching in disguise of being a good grandpa. kio leave in a great environment because he became a kind kid and unlike his twisted grandpa.

And the hell VAGAN got gundam but here's the stupid clue. Asemu didn't die just went missing and vagan got a gundam oh great the war will indeed end on this era

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:38   Link #22
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Asemu's obviously the pirate. The manga almost confirms this.
Old 2012-04-29, 04:38   Link #23
Marina2

Can someone tell me why Earth didn't send the army to destroy Vagan at Mars? I mean they always know Mars is Vagan's Base - -''
Old 2012-04-29, 04:39   Link #24
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Does the AGE-3's rifle have twirling effect when firing like DODS weapons, or no?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:42   Link #25
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
The SigMaxxis has the same effect of the Photon cannons of the Diva, Think of it as Blue Frame's Loengrin
Old 2012-04-29, 04:42   Link #26
Sides

Neat entry to the final part of AGE. For some reason I get the feeling that Flit is a better father figure to Kio then to Asemu.
Cannot wait to see Asemu coming back in his Gundam-AGE2-Pirate Crossbone AGE2^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:42   Link #27
tsunade666

it's just a big rifle but it doesn't look like it spins at all. Just super powered beam cannon at all and not riffle.

Maybe Mars was just at too apart for them to send troops. If they will be sending troops then they will also go to hibernation like what Vagan's do and they need base in between as stops or a relay station. Which with their development recently. They don't have that time or technology yet. Vagan still holds superior in terms of technology.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:42   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The SigMaxxis has the same effect of the Photon cannons of the Diva, Think of it as Blue Frame's Loengrin
So it is not a DODS weapon? That's interesting.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:43   Link #29
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
it's just a big rifle but it doesn't look like it spins at all. Just super powered beam cannon at all and not riffle.

Maybe Mars was just at too apart for them to send troops. If they will be sending troops then they will also go to hibernation like what Vagan's do and they need base in between as stops or a relay station. Which with their development recently. They don't have that time or technology yet. Vagan still holds superior in terms of technology.
Bu they called it as a rifle :| I think they should change that.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:54   Link #30
bio9205
Reborn

Great episode. Okay for an introductory episode, but as a set-up for the third generation, I love it. So many new (and cool looking!) MS, hidden Easter eggs here and there, questions that need answering - wow.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:54   Link #31
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

im sure Asemu is still alive and have a new mobile suit made by Mukred Madorna (or his son)
Asemu is like a super pilot (not x-rounder) like Woolf was so working/staying with Mukred fits him well
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 04:56   Link #32
casval cehack

That was intense. Very fitting OP and ED songs for the final chapter.

Indeed, Kio is an X-rounder. Will he meet the moe vegan who is suggested to be using the Farsia?

To the Ezelcant's credit, even after the purge, he still managed to smuggle and create UE cells ("barn hiding") ensuring the almost complete domination of the EFF in the critical early stages of the invasion. I wonder how many crew members are stationed at the Big Ring that welcomed the noble vegan party. Plus the initial EFF and civilians casualties on earth on this final vegan "dialogue".

The new Clanche/Clamche units seems very capable and had a better debut than the Adele. On the other hand, the dragon vegan impression was soured by that smashing-the-building scene.
Old 2012-04-29, 05:08   Link #33
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
im sure Asemu is still alive and have a new mobile suit made by Mukred Madorna (or his son)
Asemu is like a super pilot (not x-rounder) like Woolf was so working/staying with Mukred fits him well
ill add another comment

and the opening video song shows a black skulled mobile suit too that maybe the new mobile suit of Asemu, those black skulled flag group might be the neutral side of this war
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:10   Link #34
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Intra-space technology might not have been advanced enough to warrant a successful full-scale invasion of Mars. I mean the same cannot be said for the Vagans, because they made their stronghold in space and after decades of meticulous planning they would have planted enough resource stations in space to provide ammunition for their invasion of Earth. It doesn't seem like uprooting the Federation in its entirety worked in eradicating that sense of complacency among the Feddie ranks. Civilians are to be evacuated, yes that's very clear Mr. Feddie officer. But they are kids and without Kio they would still be stuck on the debris, mind showing some urgency and compassion? And this also brings up the question: how come with the corrupt bloc purged, the Vagans were able to not only retain but worse, consolidate their grip on Earth's soil? Interestingly, Flit's retirement from the Feddies might have been because he became disillusioned with them. So he found more time with his family and to guide Kio's growth.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:17   Link #35
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
And this also brings up the question: how come with the corrupt bloc purged, the Vagans were able to not only retain but worse, consolidate their grip on Earth's soil? Interestingly, Flit's retirement from the Feddies might have been because he became disillusioned with them. So he found more time with his family and to guide Kio's growth.
You always will have private people supporting weird causes, either for political, moral reasons or just for profit.
Thing is vagan and earthlings are the same in appearance, so it isn't difficult to sneak people to earth or into civilian positions, but into the federation or government is probably a bit more difficult, after the clean up.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:23   Link #36
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
You always will have private people supporting weird causes, either for political, moral reasons or just for profit.
Thing is vagan and earthlings are the same in appearance, so it isn't difficult to sneak people to earth or into civilian positions, but into the federation or government is probably a bit more difficult, after the clean up.
But these people usually need to be extremely powerful. And from the political scandal the Feddies should have realised that powerful people, whether in-government or out, need to be screened carefully. Or maybe the Feddies are still COMPLACENT.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 06:22   Link #37
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Sometimes it's hard not to secretly root for Flit to wipe out the Vagans when the Vagans keeps declaring war by indiscriminately murdering civilians EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So I guess instead of a Judo Kio is more like Usso, I just hope he's got better luck than Usso.....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 06:23   Link #38
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Perhaps the most impressive 1st episode of all 3 arcs.( 1st arc 1st episode was very good as well though). OP & ED are awesome. Clanche looks awesome, i guess Gen 3 has the most awesome looking EFF grunt suits. Initially i was worried about Kio's appearance ; he looks too innocent and normal looking. But i found a liking to him in this episode, i guess i liked his laid back attitude.

EDIT: I'm surprised its gundam vs Zeheart this early in a new arc. I guess the director really wants to make things really intense. Ghiraga looks awesome as well, though i'm surprised by its choice of weapons, maybe it will have a beam rifle in the future.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:10   Link #39
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Neat entry to the final part of AGE. For some reason I get the feeling that Flit is a better father figure to Kio then to Asemu.
Cannot wait to see Asemu coming back in his Gundam-AGE2-Pirate Crossbone AGE2^^
Flit probably mellowed out after Asemu "dies" and decides to spend more time with his family

Anyway, great start - somehow this seems like the kind of atmosphere the show should have achieved since the beginning, much flashier and kid-friendly, and chances for tons of drama.

AGE-3 does not disappoint. Its like a more agile version of Gundam ZZ with much better weapons. And the way they animate it was very super-robot like.
Old 2012-04-29, 07:26   Link #40
kiak666

After watching the episode, this further reaffirms the fact that the third opening song is my favorite so far. I also think that the Age 3 has the most impressive debut of the three Gundams (the way it lifts the Defurse into the sky just show how much raw strength it has.)
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion