AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-23, 04:06   Link #2621
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ well uhm im just wondering if longinus smasher of issei/ddraig is equal to compression divider of vali/albion if yes then vali has forbidden power it is the compression divider itself if aw454wtr said earlier make sense ??

I think that compression divider is simply one of Albion's original powers that Vali became capable of using in his Juggernaut Overdrive mode.

If the reason why Longinus Smasher is considered a forbidden power is because it's one of Ddraig's original abilities ... then I would agree that it's possible that Vali's Compression Divider is also a forbidden power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i know Chris38 i wonder if the longinus smasher is nerfted i wonder hmmm
Considering the fact that Euclid survived it, I think that it's more then likely that it's power output is nowhere close to the previous times it has been used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
longinus smasher destroy longinus effect sort off while compression divider well divide the target to dust no matter how strong it maybe be with the cost of being exhausted after its used i think?
Well, Vali was visibly exhausted after using it ... although it might be due to the overall consumption of his EJOD mode.

As for the actual effects of Longinus Smasher ... at the moment we can only speculate on what are it's actual properties.

While it's name might be a hint on what it actually does ... personally I wouldn't use only that as speculation of it's actual properties.

After all, Ise used it against Euclid, who .... technically speaking doesn't posses an actual Longinus.

At the moment, I think it's simply a big concentration of power that has similar destructive properties as Rias's power of destruction ... and hopefully, volume 17 is going to contain some more information about it, due to Ise unlocking the capability to use it...
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 05:41   Link #2622
jopjopjop
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ well uhm im just wondering if longinus smasher of issei/ddraig is equal to compression divider of vali/albion if yes then vali has forbidden power it is the compression divider itself if aw454wtr said earlier make sense ??
I don't think Compression Divider is equivalent to Longinus Smasher. Compression Divider is just the evolved form of Half Dimension. Both techniques are based on the same principle: halving an area. The difference is the power input when using the skill.
jopjopjop is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 05:43   Link #2623
Emwe
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Germany
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Considering the fact that Euclid survived it, I think that it's more then likely that it's power output is nowhere close to the previous times it has been used.
I think it has atleast the same output as the incomplete juggernaut drive one. Euclid most likely is stronger than shalba without and with his copied boosted gear BB.
Emwe is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 05:51   Link #2624
jopjopjop
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 21
@Emwe, Euclid is definitely stronger than Shalba. He is a Maou-class Devil and he must be wearing the Scale Mail, which boosts the overall defense and power of the wearer, when he was shot contributing to his survival.
jopjopjop is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 05:54   Link #2625
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
I don't think Compression Divider is equivalent to Longinus Smasher. Compression Divider is just the evolved form of Half Dimension. Both techniques are based on the same principle: halving an area. The difference is the power input when using the skill.
That true but think about it albion's divide final evolution is compression divider which compost of divide and half dimension combine to one, while ddraig's boost final evolution is Longinus smasher which boost taken to extreme output if those 2 are forbidden skill it's no wonder it has extreme damage and its kinda lock by the god itseft only host who have friendship/anger/strong fighting spirit with there sg can/could unlock its power? Of the 2 heavenly dragon a failsafe if 666 is broken free because god know/predict that they may help in the fight against 666

I'm sorry if its confusing but this is speculation I can think off
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 07:33   Link #2626
aw454wtr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
hoping that Crom Cruach endsup getting taken down by dulio, need to see zenith tempest in a good fight scene, curious as to what it BB would be cosidering how overpowered true longinus BB was
aw454wtr is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 07:47   Link #2627
jopjopjop
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
hoping that Crom Cruach endsup getting taken down by dulio, need to see zenith tempest in a good fight scene, curious as to what it BB would be cosidering how overpowered true longinus BB was
TL's subspecies BB isn't OPed. Cao Cao just masterfully used it against his opponents. All the abilities of the treasures are simple abilities, nothing fancy.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-02-23 at 08:15.
jopjopjop is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 07:56   Link #2628
vlade
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
TL's subspecies BB isn't OPed. Cao Cao just masterfully used in against his opponents. All the abilities of the treasures are simple abilities, nothing fancy.
yeah i agree with you. but with just simple abilities he still one tough human cause he almost perfected TL BB. maybe he will become stronger when all his abilities are perfected
vlade is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 11:46   Link #2629
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Hey friends, i think that the Longinus smasher that issei used in VOL 17 has an incredible power, because it was able to DEFEAT a Maou-Class-Devil with a Copy of the Bossted Gear, it means that during the battle Elucid was fighting with the power of Several Maous, And i think that after the attack of the Longinus smasher Elucid finish with a Hole in His body of the same size of the canyon.
__________________
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 11:52   Link #2630
aw454wtr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlade View Post
yeah i agree with you. but with just simple abilities he still one tough human cause he almost perfected TL BB. maybe he will become stronger when all his abilities are perfected
Well the abilities include

1. ability to break legendary weapons - easily broke ex-durandal, the most powerful sword

2. ability to create his own army, if he mastered who knows he could instantly make an entire legion of troops

3.ability to redirect any non-physical attack making magic and demonic attacks useless

4.ability to seal powers of females (seems the most odd ability for cao cao to have being gender specific) with this even top females like grafia,serafall,gabriel and tiamat to be utterly useless against him

5.pure Destruction ise in his crimson armor with welsh dragonic rook barely survived the impact of one hit from that ability (taking into account that ise could tank several hits from powerful opponents like grendel and even saiorg's fists)

6. ability to teleport himself or others

apart from the 7th ability to fly, the 6 seem really powerful almost hax add to the fact that truth ideal's true power has yet to be shown
aw454wtr is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 11:59   Link #2631
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Currently some thought come to my mind after re-read VOL16, i am talking about the objective of Rizevim Livan Lucifer before attack the world of Chichigami-sama, i am talking about "KILL GREAT RED", in my mind i remember that the Desire of Ophis is still the same, Ophis desire "KILL GREAT RED", with the same target maybe in the future Rizevim will try to convince Ophis of help him, and Ophis will have to make a decision, Keep with issei, or make her dream reality. Currently she is lost, searching a reason to live, I said it, because currently ophis had not show so much feelings to issei.
__________________
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:04   Link #2632
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
@WILD_LION, I can't wait to read about the fight, if Euclid tries to use Ise's style and techniques against him but fails miserably.

Does Ise use his dragon swarm to torment Euclid, does Ddraig get bored fighting the fake and says partner here use this and let end this once and for all.

And if the Longinus smasher does rip Euclid a new A-hole can you imagine what it will do to lesser beings at just this power level, we know what it did to jabberwocky with Great Reds power.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:11   Link #2633
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Currently some thought come to my mind after re-read VOL16, i am talking about the objective of Rizevim Livan Lucifer before attack the world of Chichigami-sama, i am talking about "KILL GREAT RED", in my mind i remember that the Desire of Ophis is still the same, Ophis desire "KILL GREAT RED", with the same target maybe in the future Rizevim will try to convince Ophis of help him, and Ophis will have to make a decision, Keep with issei, or make her dream reality. Currently she is lost, searching a reason to live, I said it, because currently ophis had not show so much feelings to issei.
ophis isn't lost she's actually very attached to issei and the girls.
she just has the mentality and innocence of a child and if you read the first errand side story you also know that she see's issei and rias as her parents and everyone else as siblings

and she only vaguely mentions great red once in a while for comedy purposes.

so i don't see rizevim trying to hoax ophis to his side after all he has lilith who has most of ophis's power if not all of it
and since ophis has no powers left it would be a waste of time anyway
sunsengnim is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:23   Link #2634
jopjopjop
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 21
Ophis has no powers left? What are you saying, she' a NINJA!!! hahaha
jopjopjop is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:24   Link #2635
WILD_LION
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Place that lies between the different Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
ophis isn't lost she's actually very attached to issei and the girls.
she just has the mentality and innocence of a child and if you read the first errand side story you also know that she see's issei and rias as her parents and everyone else as siblings

and she only vaguely mentions great red once in a while for comedy purposes.

so i don't see rizevim trying to hoax ophis to his side after all he has lilith who has most of ophis's power if not all of it
and since ophis has no powers left it would be a waste of time anyway
I was just trying to imagine a situation to convert Ophis in a heroine, because we know that the heroine in VOL 14 was Ravel, 17 Ross, 18 Irina , and 19 Xenovia, but in Vol 20 maybe Ophis will return to show us some kind of emotions, currently she is learning about the meaning of the love from vol 11:

“……Hey Ophis.”
“?”
“What do you want to do once you return……?”
“Return? I, do not have any place to return to. The dimensional gap, I do not have the power to return to it.”
“……Then you can return……to my place……”
“The house of Sekiryuutei?”
“……Yeah, that’s right. If you were able to get along with……Asia……and Irina……then you can get along with……everyone else as well……”
My legs……won't go any further……
Huh……? My sight……goes to the side……and then up……
……Did I fall down……? No, I can’t even tell that……
“……Ophis, have you ever……fallen in love with someone……?”


I want to see how will react ophis after see the date of Issei with Rossweisse, after all Ophis also desire a Date with issei since vol12:

“By the way Ise. Do you remember what you promised me before the test? That’s the last thing that I need to take care off.”
-! Rias’s cheeks are a bit red. Yeah, I remember that promise very well.
“Rias, lets go on a date next weekend.”
She shows a big smile to my words.
“Yes, I will be looking forward to it my lovely Ise.”
Yeah. First is a date with her. That will definitely be fun. I will think about other stuff afterwards. While I was thinking about it, Xenovia points to herself.
“After Buchou, go on a date with me next Ise.”
“Ah, not fair! I’m next right! I also want to go on a date with Ise-kun!”
Even Irina asks!
“Hauu! Me too! I will also go on a date!”
“Then me too.”
Even Asia and Koneko-chan!
“Me too! Let me enjoy Japan more!”
“…..And I.”
“It might be fun to have a date with Ise-kun to find bargain sales.”
Even Ravel, Ophis, and Rossweisse-san!
“Ara-ara. Then I will have a date with him on top of the bed after he finishes with everyone.”
Are you serious Akeno-san!? That truly is a very interesting thing!
“Aaah, then maybe I should also get a date with him then.”
“Umm, then so will I.”
“Eh!? Is everyone going with the flow? T-Then me too!”
Even Sensei, Kiba, and Gasper!? Seriously, spare me the guys!
Rias pulls my sleeve and then hugs onto me.
“I’m first. Right Ise?”
It seems I will be busy from now. But still I feel at peace.
__________________
WILD_LION is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:27   Link #2636
Gary29
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Age: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
ophis isn't lost she's actually very attached to issei and the girls.
she just has the mentality and innocence of a child and if you read the first errand side story you also know that she see's issei and rias as her parents and everyone else as siblings

and she only vaguely mentions great red once in a while for comedy purposes.

so i don't see rizevim trying to hoax ophis to his side after all he has lilith who has most of ophis's power if not all of it
and since ophis has no powers left it would be a waste of time anyway
Actually, Ophis has around 75% of her power; she hid most of it in the form of snakes while Samael was draining her power. Lilith only has around 25% of Ophis' power, maybe a little more.
__________________


FanFiction

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Gary29 is online now  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:28   Link #2637
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
Ophis probably doesn't need killing Great Red to return to her world of silence the dimensional gap since she already have a home to return to thanks to Ise the Hyoudo residence.

Remember before Ise went to save the underworld together with Great Red, Ophis was lonely because Ise has a place to return to & when Ise said that she will also come with him she smiled.
__________________
II Maestro is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:31   Link #2638
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Quote:
What intense destructive power it has! We will also get killed if she doesn’t reduce her powers! I was about to complain to her, but Ophis looked at her hands while twitching her neck.

“…….Strange. Holding back my power, very hard.”
Even with just half her power she still is a monster.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:32   Link #2639
jopjopjop
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
I was just trying to imagine a situation to convert Ophis in a heroine, because we know that the heroine in VOL 14 was Ravel, 17 Ross, 18 Irina , and 19 Xenovia, but in Vol 20 maybe Ophis will return to show us some kind of emotions, currently she is learning about the meaning of the love from vol 11:

“……Hey Ophis.”
“?”
“What do you want to do once you return……?”
“Return? I, do not have any place to return to. The dimensional gap, I do not have the power to return to it.”
“……Then you can return……to my place……”
“The house of Sekiryuutei?”
“……Yeah, that’s right. If you were able to get along with……Asia……and Irina……then you can get along with……everyone else as well……”
My legs……won't go any further……
Huh……? My sight……goes to the side……and then up……
……Did I fall down……? No, I can’t even tell that……
“……Ophis, have you ever……fallen in love with someone……?”


I want to see how will react ophis after see the date of Issei with Rossweisse, after all Ophis also desire a Date with issei since vol12:

“By the way Ise. Do you remember what you promised me before the test? That’s the last thing that I need to take care off.”
-! Rias’s cheeks are a bit red. Yeah, I remember that promise very well.
“Rias, lets go on a date next weekend.”
She shows a big smile to my words.
“Yes, I will be looking forward to it my lovely Ise.”
Yeah. First is a date with her. That will definitely be fun. I will think about other stuff afterwards. While I was thinking about it, Xenovia points to herself.
“After Buchou, go on a date with me next Ise.”
“Ah, not fair! I’m next right! I also want to go on a date with Ise-kun!”
Even Irina asks!
“Hauu! Me too! I will also go on a date!”
“Then me too.”
Even Asia and Koneko-chan!
“Me too! Let me enjoy Japan more!”
“…..And I.”
“It might be fun to have a date with Ise-kun to find bargain sales.”
Even Ravel, Ophis, and Rossweisse-san!
“Ara-ara. Then I will have a date with him on top of the bed after he finishes with everyone.”
Are you serious Akeno-san!? That truly is a very interesting thing!
“Aaah, then maybe I should also get a date with him then.”
“Umm, then so will I.”
“Eh!? Is everyone going with the flow? T-Then me too!”
Even Sensei, Kiba, and Gasper!? Seriously, spare me the guys!
Rias pulls my sleeve and then hugs onto me.
“I’m first. Right Ise?”
It seems I will be busy from now. But still I feel at peace.
For first part, that's just Issei being delirious. That's why he asked Ophis about love. She doesn't even care about love at all.

And for the second part, that's just because she tends to copy what the girls do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Actually, Ophis has around 75% of her power; she hid most of it in the form of snakes while Samael was draining her power. Lilith only has around 25% of Ophis' power, maybe a little more.
Actually, we don't know how much power was siphoned from her. What we only know is that right now, she's as powerful as the Two-Heavenly Dragons at their prime.
jopjopjop is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 12:35   Link #2640
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Belgium
Age: 22
@ WildLion :the whole dating thing was her just going along with everyone since if that we're true that would mean the guys also want a date with issei...

@ Gary29 : read volume 11 again she hid some power in those snakes in an emergency kind of way wich gave her enough power that rivaled the heavenly dragons at full power x2.
wich she then used up to save issei's life she has nothing or atleast very little power left now

since the snakes works like batteries once used up it doesn't replenish
sunsengnim is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.